AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 16:41   Link #7701
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

If is for killing characters we have plenty of not that important and yet still around guys from StrikerS. The Numbers and the Forwards.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:50   Link #7702
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not enough screentime in Force for their deaths to have any impact.

Could be that some Hucks who switch side will kick the bucket. I can see Cypha dying in some final act of redemption, sharing a few final warrior words with Signum.

...The image alone is already terrible. But cliche enough that I can see it happen.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:15   Link #7703
Justin_Brett

Or she tries to attack Signum after being spared and is killed.

...not that I've thought about this or anything.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:26   Link #7704
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Or she tries to attack Signum after being spared and is killed.

...not that I've thought about this or anything.
LOL they'll pull a "Frieza's death" with Cypha and Signum xD?

Tha only works well after a curb-stomp battle, though so i can't see that happening too easily xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:06   Link #7705
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well to be fair the series has already cases of deaths having little to no visible impact. Zest and Due come to mind.
Old 2013-03-16, 20:17   Link #7706
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well to be fair the series has already cases of deaths having little to no visible impact. Zest and Due come to mind.
Maybe that's because those deaths were inflicted by characters who would are likely to go "see this death? NO CARE."

Now if you made one of the Strikers kill someone in cold blood with their blood and viscera splattering all over the wall like a rain of crimson...ah now THAT's something I wanna see.

Or maybe not lest the butchering of the scene give me an aneurysm.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:41   Link #7707
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

We kind of had that already with the way Cinque and the others took Ginga down and put her in a box.
Old 2013-03-16, 21:13   Link #7708
Justin_Brett

If you had made Zest's last moments really bloody it would have arguably ruined the scene, so...

And we've already seen what Force does without such restraint, and it's less than ideal.
Old 2013-03-16, 21:20   Link #7709
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Not that Zest's scene was all that well done. I mean, I feel sorry for the poor guy when Signum told him they already fix everything and he just waste his time.

I think see him cut in to pieces will only make him serve some purpose, even if is just gore service.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:24   Link #7710
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Now that Tsuzuki declared there will be casualties on both sides before the end of the season i fear they want to pull off a "Came Back for the Death" on Yuuno xDU
From what source? I read this discussion on here before, but didn't think to much because there was no source to prove it. The same with the "the Hucks are Tsuzuki's favorites."
Old 2013-03-16, 22:30   Link #7711
Justin_Brett

I'd be surprised it there was even a source for that second one, really.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:15   Link #7712
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The "Hucks are Tsuzuki's favourites" thing is merely conjecture based on their portrayal in the manga.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:56   Link #7713
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The "Hucks are Tsuzuki's favourites" thing is merely conjecture based on their portrayal in the manga.
Considering they called themselves "the shady lead characters of FORCE" in the celebration comic for the 2nd movie i think that one is pretty much a given xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 00:14   Link #7714
Justin_Brett

Or that was a joke, meant to derive humor by how full of themselves most of them are.

You're the guy who most often cites that 'why don't people like the Hucks' snippet, actually.
Old 2013-03-17, 00:19   Link #7715
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, they're in fact getting lead character treatement (even more than the so-called main character xDU).

Hypocritical humour much o_o?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 00:54   Link #7716
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
We kind of had that already with the way Cinque and the others took Ginga down and put her in a box.
Oh man, the rage.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 04:46   Link #7717
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, they're in fact getting lead character treatement (even more than the so-called main character xDU).
Just like the Wolkenritter. Or Fate. Spending large amounts of time on antagonists is nothing new to Nanoha. Heck, not doing so was one of StrikerS main flaws.
Old 2013-03-17, 05:03   Link #7718
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

While i more or less agree on the Wolkenritter also hijacking the plot (i complained about them as well when i first watched A's but since they were so damn cool and likable i forgot that pretty quickly, obviously not the case with the Hucks but that's just me i guess xDU), i think people exaggerates a bit about Fate.

Yeah, while it's true she occuppied a good deal of the first Season (and even a good chunk of A's as well) during the original series we were also getting introduced to Nanoha Takamachi and her world, we had sub-plots involving her relatives and friends, we had shades of her inner corncer, we ahd her learning and getting introduced into the world of magic and also we had her finding motivation in rescuing Fate. I agree on Fate's struggle being one of the main highlights of the season but Nanoha was a proper and very proactive main character despite not being as appealing with the audience as her rival.

It was The MOVIE 1st where Fate finally hijacked the plot almost entirely xDU

I think i should check supplemental material for A's first but as much as the Wolks took over the plot back then it wasn't as sudden or blatant as with the Hucks. The manga and every related piece of supplemental material goes out of it's way to portray them as the coolest thing since packaged bread (okay, maybe i'm streching it a bit but watch the NEXT images dedicated to members of the Huckebein family ...and i mean the translated ones xDU).

To make a point, even when the Wolks were portrayed sympathetically and an important reason behind their actions was explained it was never doubted they were in the wrong and that they still need to be stopped/helped by our heroines. The Huckebein on the other hand look like outright Villain Protagonists, their actions so far goes unpunished and unquestioned by the narrations ...even the heroes struggles to stop them are more or less put in doubt about being the right thing to do (Tohma is the main character of the season and he's a-ok about hanging around with those guys and we even got to see Cypha in an almost "heroic" light on Ch. 23 despite being the same murderous pscho i love to hate when she tried to off Quinn right on the spot xDU).

Maybe Tsuzuki is trying to end this with a twist "Shakugan no Shana F" style xD? I can almost foresee the heroes having an epiphany and realizing the Hucks were in the right all the time and then they'll spend the last chapters of the season aiding them in their dark quest while claiming how noble and awesome they are xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-17, 11:33   Link #7719
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well I think the Hucks being so much focus actually is a flaw of the series. As well as not focusing so much in the Numbers was actually a good thing in StrikerS. And I say this because, after seeing both groups, I must say that they are not as good when I compare them to Fate and the Wolkenritter.

With the last two we spend time to see their motives and feelings, seeing why they care about what is going on and kind of wanting them to succeed but knowing they were still antagonist as Akiyoshi says. However the Hückebein family? All I see them is acting like clowns who doesn’t seem to care about what is going on, really have weird motivations and, so far, no clear goal. I just don’t get them at all as I did with the others despite we keep seeing them over and over. So really is comes down to the fact that we first saw then as violent murders and know we are suppose to like them? Because I really don’t think that is working.
Old 2013-03-17, 11:49   Link #7720
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Except the numbers were in the same corner as the Wolkenritter for the most part, but we never really delved into that because they didn't get enough screentime. This led to a lack of empathy for them in the season overall. It wasn't until SSX and Vivid rolled around that most people started to warm up to the numbers. Why? Because those actually helped develop them.

Tags
manga, nanoha force