AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-05, 19:38   Link #301
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Killing people as a holy priest was worse, used to run around with PW:S, Renew, and Inner Fire up and club people to death with my stick, or mace + skeleton book. Damn it was funny, when people died to a melee priest. Its like a firestone warlock, except, worse.

Warriors are nuts if they get a roll on.

Paladins were a lot of fun to heal with back in the day when I played mine, just keep, going and going and going and going and going and going.

Consecrate doesn't break flag caps? I thought they changed that a while back. Not that I PvP much mind you, enhancement shaman aren't exactly the most pvp efficient class.
Old 2008-02-05, 20:00   Link #302
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I think Consecrate originally did break flag caps but they changed it because one pally spamming that with shield up and healing himself could hold a flag against an entire team for a significant amount of time. It definitely does not break it now though, I cap through it all the time. Hunter Volley also doesn't break it but I have no idea why on that one.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:01   Link #303
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You're doing SSC in blues and greens? That might cause problems soon since apparently many fights are really unforgiving and leave no margin for error or gear deficiency. I know my guild used to struggle to beat the enrage timer on Void Reaver because the undergeared people were having trouble putting out enough dps. Since your guild can clear the trash to Lurker the overall gear level is probably fine for Lurker himself but it might be a good idea to run Kara/Gruul a few more times before trying to make serious progression in SSC. I am no longer a raider so I may have no idea what I'm talking about but that was my experience.
lol..Yea...I'm freshly 70, I hit 70 about 2 weeks ago...been trying to get some new gear...Been doing alot of arena..and I'm going to start running Steam Vaults alot..good Balance Druid stuff drop there....
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 05:49   Link #304
Chazzkramer

enough already

ok, i've read much of this thread, though not all of it. I just want to say a couple things.

1. How many of you actually have lvl 70 character? it doesn't sound like alot, though some of you do know exactly what they are talking about. Reason being this. There are alot of stupid lvl 70's running around true, but they are not in the Guilds capable of downing said bosses. The amount of coordination and teamwork needed to navigate Mt. Hyjal, and Black Temple is borderline insane.

2. I think you all have to look at the story from a different perspective than the RTS warcraft games. This is sort of a look inside the world, not a continuation of those stories. I prefer to look at as a simultaneous though separate experience.

3. In terms of game play, nothing comes close to WoW. It has the best feel and control of any mmo, and imo is in a league all by itself. The amount of gear available is absolutely mind numbing compared to other games, and blizzard leaves it up to the player to sort the crap from the good. What is good for a warrior is not good for a paladin though they both wear mail/plate. A elemental shaman can wear wizard gear if he likes. just a couple examples.

4. The depth of character building. No other game comes close. With each class having 3 builds, and each build needing specific gear to work properly you can basically have 3 sets of gear for each character.

5. The economy. Though not good on all servers, the general idea is the best of any mmo. with 100 cp = 1 sp, and 100 sp = 1 gp. that makes 10,000 copper = 1 gold. the other mmo's with only one kind of currency get ridiculous. for example in Flyff you can easily pay 1million penya(sp) for some items. that would be 100 gold in warcraft terms. So when you pay 5000gp for your epic flying mount training, think how that would be in other games.

now as to not be completely off topic I will mention the next expansion.

lvl 80. Sounds great. Upgrading Nax to a lvl 80 dungeon is a wonderful idea. That way kel'thuzad will be back. Epic class Deathknight sounds great. Blizzard is already upgrading content throughout the entire game as well as making leveling from 20 to 60 much easier. A new continent to explore is a welcome addition. New content is always welcome. The grind from 60 to 70 wasn't bad with a bunch of 5 man dungeons along the way, and more quests available than you would ever need to get there. If the grind up to 80 is done in a similar manner there will be no complaints. Hopefully they make a lot of useful material for the crafting skills as they are currently barely usable. Other than making bags, and Leg enchants, and the occasional tailor set for casters the crafting skills are worthless. Enchanting is the most useful skill as it upgrades everybody and is the only means to shards. Hopefully they keep enchanting in check and don't go overboard.

The downside. All my lvl 70 epics are going to be worthless. Had to deal with that when BC came out and made all my lvl 60 epics worthless. (Except Anathima which i used till lvl 70 then promptly replaced.) Playing on PvP server will be annoying. A lvl 69 has no chance against a lvl 70, what about a lvl 80, he will have free reign on Azeroth populated by low level players. Think about it. 10 lvl 70's won't be able to kill one lvl 80. I'm expecting tanks with around 25k HP, and mage spells that do 7-8k dmg. to compare, a complete tier 2 tank from before BC had about 6k hp. PvE servers recommended for the feint of heart. The biggest downside, All Blizzard employees that play are definitely Horde Warlocks. They are so OP it isn't funny. I mean Blood Elf warlocks? WTF is that? So a new Horde warlock race wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Weighing everything that I know to be true, and a few things that have been whispered, I am looking forward to the expansion. It should make the game more enjoyable for those of us who love the end game experience, and add a bunch of content for those currently leveling and progressing through the game. But make no mistake, this game is all about End Game content and PvP. Currently the game doesn't even get started till you reach lvl 70, and that wont change after the expansion. And above all this is a game of skill, (unless you're a warlock, I played my brothers warlock in AV a few times, having never played one not even one minute, and after 5 minutes of getting used to the UI I was unstoppable. Really this is true) that requires teamwork, dedication to your fellow players, and sacrifice for the better of the guild. It cannot be played with selfish intent and expect to succeed. I hope you all can find something useful in this rant, and if not i'm sorry i couldn't provide the information you wanted. If anybody wants to know anything, and I have the information, I will be happy to help. good day to you all.
Chazzkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 06:57   Link #305
Jaden

I kinda have to agree with warlocks, though I'm biased since my main is a mage. But still, I just entered AB once with my friend's warlock never having played one and did far too well.

Though said warlock is pretty well geared with about 15000 health and 1000 shadow damage unbuffed.
Old 2008-02-06, 07:14   Link #306
Chazzkramer

shadow preist

just a side note here on the shadow priest thing. I'm not taking this personally as I have always been a shadow priest. Shadow Priests are coveted for raiding as they have ambient healing to a group and ambient mana regeneration as well as pretty good overall dps. In a general 10min fight like Void Reaver I can literally recover thousands of points of mana and health to my group. however they must be speced for threat reduction and should have blessing of salvation, as well as reduced threat enchant to cloak to achieve maximum dps. They just cause so much threat. They are a strange class to play properly though as you need to monitor your cooldowns well, and know how much damage you can cause yourself in each situation.

On the PvP side of things, well they aren't too bad either. Nothing beats back to back crits with mind blast, and SWD. I can do almost 6k in a second and half when they crit back to back. and I only have 1000+ dmg and around 330 Resil in pvp gear currently. Not to mention a fear and a bubble to keep you alive, and the ability to own mages with silence and feedback. I can even take down warlocks a good percentage of the time. well about 35-40% is good for me against warlocks. so take that as you will. And anybody who says Warlocks are not OP is out of their mind. Especially Blood Elf Locks, they are absolutely sick.

Basically a shadow priest is not for everybody, and playing the class properly is as much an artform as a science. You have to beware of melee though, an MS warrior or a rogue will ruin your day in a heartbeat. I just like the class and to me its a lot of fun to be different and still useful. IE< Ret Paladins, Enhancement shamans, Fury Warriors are not so useful to a group.

Holy priests, IMO are overrated. yes they are very popular for pvp, and usually very formidable at that, but I'll take a holy paladin healing me any day. They can heal through all kinds of hell, take a beating and keep on going. And I will usually have no problem killing the opposing holy priest. I'm made to kill caster btw as a shadow priest. For raiding, all the healers are unique and bring their own benifits. Druids can innervate and battle rez as well as being the HOT characters, paladins have wonderful flash heals and DI, Shamans can chain heal and have wonderful heals overall, and priest have great big heals, and a few good unique heals, as well as fear ward. So they are all good at their own thing.

Anyway regardless of your spec, Priests rule. and i don't even want to get stared on the power of mass dispel. Many a paladin has met his fate after i remove his bubble and SWD him into oblivion. Dispel in general is very powerful. I just wanted to comment on how much I love my priest and all priest for that matter.
Chazzkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 11:33   Link #307
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Yeah I guess that's not the best class if you want to be topping the kill charts but in that bracket a lv69 paladin healing a lv69 warrior could probably kill half the other team by themselves. They also make pretty good defenders since you can shield and repeatedly hit people trying to cap while invincible. You'd be surprised at the number of people that don't realize Consecrate does NOT interrupt flag caps though. Have ninja'd so many flags right out from under people who just stood there and used that.
Wait since when does it not? O.o
It used to when I played since it ticks them for damage. I used it to detect Rogues trying to Sap me.
Old 2008-02-06, 11:44   Link #308
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzkramer View Post
1. How many of you actually have lvl 70 character? it doesn't sound like alot, though some of you do know exactly what they are talking about. Reason being this. There are alot of stupid lvl 70's running around true, but they are not in the Guilds capable of downing said bosses. The amount of coordination and teamwork needed to navigate Mt. Hyjal, and Black Temple is borderline insane.

2. I think you all have to look at the story from a different perspective than the RTS warcraft games. This is sort of a look inside the world, not a continuation of those stories. I prefer to look at as a simultaneous though separate experience.
1) To be very frank, Mount Hyjal and Black Temple were great disappointments on the difficulty scale. I expected some mean fights that would push me to the edge for weeks. In the end, only 1 boss from Hyjal (Archimonde) proved a challenge (for all of 3 days, oh joy). 2 bosses from Black Temple offered some resistance...Reliquary of the Lost (6 hours of attempts spread across 2 days) and Illidan (6 hours of attempts spread across 2 days as well). Now pre-nerfed Kael'thas...that took 3 weeks for my guild to break past. It's funny how the (pre-nerfed) gatekeeper of tier 6 content actually beats out the actual tier 6 content bosses.

Not that people could roll their faces on the keyboard and win, but still...I'd hope for better (and tougher) things in the upcoming Sunwell to test myself (and my raid).

2) Blizzard has already layed down the hammer that WoW does indeed carry on the official story of Warcraft. Of course, if one would still choose to disregard this point as part of their "gaming immersion", all the power to them. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Oh priests, jeez I hate them in arena xD. Mana burn single-handedly makes paladins cry with much sadness. Priests are rocking the 3v3 and 5v5s at the moment (at 2200+), being the most popular healing class pick (yes, even beating out druids in 3v3 and paladins in 5v5). For statistics :

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-st...breakdown.html

Disc priests are just insanely good at the moment. Not that I'm calling / hinting for a nerf but I always cry when I see a Disc priest on the opposite side. xD
Old 2008-02-06, 11:50   Link #309
krisslanza

In my experience just about any other class makes a Paladin cry because just about everything else can kill a Paladin pretty easily. >.>
I couldn't even easily kill Warriors under my level. They just totally outdamage me.
Old 2008-02-06, 12:17   Link #310
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzkramer View Post
ok, i've read much of this thread, though not all of it. I just want to say a couple things.

3. In terms of game play, nothing comes close to WoW. It has the best feel and control of any mmo, and imo is in a league all by itself. The amount of gear available is absolutely mind numbing compared to other games, and blizzard leaves it up to the player to sort the crap from the good. What is good for a warrior is not good for a paladin though they both wear mail/plate. A elemental shaman can wear wizard gear if he likes. just a couple examples.

4. The depth of character building. No other game comes close. With each class having 3 builds, and each build needing specific gear to work properly you can basically have 3 sets of gear for each character.

5. The economy. Though not good on all servers, the general idea is the best of any mmo. with 100 cp = 1 sp, and 100 sp = 1 gp. that makes 10,000 copper = 1 gold. the other mmo's with only one kind of currency get ridiculous. for example in Flyff you can easily pay 1million penya(sp) for some items. that would be 100 gold in warcraft terms. So when you pay 5000gp for your epic flying mount training, think how that would be in other games.

now as to not be completely off topic I will mention the next expansion.

lvl 80. Sounds great. Upgrading Nax to a lvl 80 dungeon is a wonderful idea. That way kel'thuzad will be back. Epic class Deathknight sounds great. Blizzard is already upgrading content throughout the entire game as well as making leveling from 20 to 60 much easier. A new continent to explore is a welcome addition. New content is always welcome. The grind from 60 to 70 wasn't bad with a bunch of 5 man dungeons along the way, and more quests available than you would ever need to get there. If the grind up to 80 is done in a similar manner there will be no complaints. Hopefully they make a lot of useful material for the crafting skills as they are currently barely usable. Other than making bags, and Leg enchants, and the occasional tailor set for casters the crafting skills are worthless. Enchanting is the most useful skill as it upgrades everybody and is the only means to shards. Hopefully they keep enchanting in check and don't go overboard.

The downside. All my lvl 70 epics are going to be worthless. Had to deal with that when BC came out and made all my lvl 60 epics worthless. (Except Anathima which i used till lvl 70 then promptly replaced.) Playing on PvP server will be annoying. A lvl 69 has no chance against a lvl 70, what about a lvl 80, he will have free reign on Azeroth populated by low level players. Think about it. 10 lvl 70's won't be able to kill one lvl 80. I'm expecting tanks with around 25k HP, and mage spells that do 7-8k dmg. to compare, a complete tier 2 tank from before BC had about 6k hp. PvE servers recommended for the feint of heart. The biggest downside, All Blizzard employees that play are definitely Horde Warlocks. They are so OP it isn't funny. I mean Blood Elf warlocks? WTF is that? So a new Horde warlock race wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Weighing everything that I know to be true, and a few things that have been whispered, I am looking forward to the expansion. It should make the game more enjoyable for those of us who love the end game experience, and add a bunch of content for those currently leveling and progressing through the game. But make no mistake, this game is all about End Game content and PvP. Currently the game doesn't even get started till you reach lvl 70, and that wont change after the expansion. And above all this is a game of skill, (unless you're a warlock, I played my brothers warlock in AV a few times, having never played one not even one minute, and after 5 minutes of getting used to the UI I was unstoppable. Really this is true) that requires teamwork, dedication to your fellow players, and sacrifice for the better of the guild. It cannot be played with selfish intent and expect to succeed. I hope you all can find something useful in this rant, and if not i'm sorry i couldn't provide the information you wanted. If anybody wants to know anything, and I have the information, I will be happy to help. good day to you all.

1. I have a 70
2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean
3. In terms of game play, nothing comes closes anymore....Star War Galaxies blue WoW away during it's first 3 years out...It was only when Lucas Arts and SOE changed the game to NGE when WoW really got it's star off. If it wasn't for the screw up that happend in SWG, WoW would be nothing...Ironically..if it wasn't for the SOE's screw up in Everquest, SWG wouldn't have been anything...See, when SOE screwd up Everquest, most went to SWG, and when SOE scewed up SWG, They went to WoW..I would know...I'm one of those people xD.
4. Again..SWG blew WoW away in terms of gear and talents...There were about 36 professions and you are able to choose 2, then you have to specialze in cetin branches to max out your character..plus trying to become a Jedi....ppfft..don't get me started
5. Now, WoW does have the best econmy I've seen.

I think the real problem with the grind from lvl 80 is the fact that there will be a huge Death-Knight Spree.....I mean, can you not imagine all of the people that will be on a Death Night by this time next year? I mean, I'm looking forward to the grind from 70-80..But the Death-Night...everyone will be on it and it will be rather annoying..

Oh yea...I completly agree...everyone spending all this time trying to get all this awsome gear just to have it worth nothing in a years time....

hehe..It's funny really..Everyone is all like HOE MAH GOSH KARA! AMEN! SSC! BT!!!!! by this time next year they'll be like...Who cares? All of them will become like Molten Core and Share in the lonlyness!!!!
Old 2008-02-06, 13:59   Link #311
krisslanza

Ctrl-Alt-Del has just found the BEST way so describe my Arathi Basin experiences!
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080204

Now if you could only actually DO that... Life would be grand.
Old 2008-02-06, 17:41   Link #312
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Wait since when does it not? O.o
It used to when I played since it ticks them for damage. I used it to detect Rogues trying to Sap me.
It still deals damage, just doesn't break flag caps. I don't know when this happened but it's been like that since I started pvp'ing heavily back in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzkramer
I have a 3 70s and I don't get what exactly this is implying. I don't think anyone ever said anything to the effect of "lol hyjol and blak tempal r so ez ne1 can do them and they rekwire no cordination lol" which is what this seems to suggest. Most posters also never claimed to be in a guild doing those dungeons, and I trust that the ones that did are telling the truth, because frankly, why would anyone come to an anime message board to brag about a game in a thread that at most 10 people ever post on?
Old 2008-02-06, 18:32   Link #313
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i wasn't able to read all the pages, but can please someone tell me if the game is 3D? .... i wanted to get it, but when i read about the game it looks 3D or i was looking at those clips between the games ( please say its a normal game as the rest of World of Warcraft)
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 19:00   Link #314
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
i wasn't able to read all the pages, but can please someone tell me if the game is 3D? .... i wanted to get it, but when i read about the game it looks 3D or i was looking at those clips between the games ( please say its a normal game as the rest of World of Warcraft)
Not completely sure what you mean but if you're asking if World of Warcraft is like the other games in the Warcraft series then no. It is a 3D online role-playing game, not a 2D real-time strategy game.
Old 2008-02-06, 19:02   Link #315
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

wow its online? i didn't know that. thanks
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 19:33   Link #316
krisslanza

Quote:
It still deals damage, just doesn't break flag caps. I don't know when this happened but it's been like that since I started pvp'ing heavily back in December.
Well... That seems horrible. That was usually my only way of actually delaying a flag capture. XD
Unless there is just one guy. But now there is no why I can stop like say two or three people now since I don't attack that fast.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:29   Link #317
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Man, on my server, Ali never wins bg....EVER! In the past week I've done about 60 bgs and didn't win a single one of them...On my server, You can't win unless it's a huge pre-made. Why? Because noone ever listens..EVER! And when few do listen, there isn't enough people listening ot come and help. In AV, mostly everyone goes off and finds Horde to kill....They don't realize that they need to go after the graveyards and stuffs...but they wont do it!!! It's annoying! Then another problem is the fact because the Horde always win, they get more honor allowing them to upgrade their gear quicker then Ali.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:44   Link #318
krisslanza

Alliance usually always loses at BGs. I remember the time in AB when a pre-made from Dark Iron just steamrolled us in like... 2 minutes. I kid you not. They just slaughtered us and since no one wanted to defend they just capped all the flags.
Old 2008-02-08, 17:16   Link #319
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Too bad you guys aren't on the Cyclone battlegroup; despite what certain stats websites may say Alliance wins a significant amount of the bgs there, especially AV which has to be close to a 95% win rate. Never used to be that way but Horde has gotten a huge influx of idiots recently it seems. Not coincidentally most of them seem to be blood elves (I don't like to stereotype players based on what character race they have but some of this stuff really is true). It almost brings me to tears watching as we have 1 tower in EotS and have 4 blood elf hunters standing around in the middle, waiting for a flag that Alliance is holding instead of capping. And they are always named things like Pryncess or Cutiepie and have pets named Snuggles etc. All I can hope is that their stupidity one day causes them to click a keylogger and they remove themselves from the game.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:10   Link #320
Jaden

Situation is very different in every battlegroup. I play on EU Bloodlust, where Alliance in AV wins most of the time. In turn Horde completely dominates WSG. AB and EotS are pretty random, but Alliance have an advantage because half of the horde raid always joins late. (No idea why)

On the other hand I read the forums and there was a battlegroup where Alliance started boycotting AV (Horde 3h+ queue, gg) because "it's impossible to win"

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows