AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 15:03   Link #10421
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ Now, now, don't make a fuss over it.
That thing is insulting Cruz though.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:38   Link #10422
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Thinking back, here might be some clues about Aruka, since even now, we don't really know what her true goals were.

Here in chapter 37:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

She was mostly cold hearted, yet she displayed her anger of Cruz being called Yamada. It's strange she would get upset like this over a name, when she cut her family ties.

Also here in chapter 36:
Images

She repeated the same thing as Cruz's illusion while under Lilith temptation. Could this be a hint of sorts?
I think the first page was meant as a gag and I think the second page was used to show the reader just how betrayed Cruz felt at that moment (since she said the exact same thing in his perfect world). But I do agree that there's more to Aruka than meets the eye. We might not have seen the last of Aruka just yet. She might have a clone somewhere. With all those clones around, who says that Arclight even killed the real Aruka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
That thing is insulting Cruz though.
'That thing'? You're the one insulting someone here. Looks like you have no manners at all. This isn't the first time you're making weird comments that are crossing the line.

Quote:
Don't make me rough you in the chest.
Quote:
...don't make me hurt you.
Just what are you trying to accomplish here? It's not funny, even as a joke. Please refrain from making those weird comments. I'll report you to the mods if you keep this up.
Old 2013-06-05, 16:27   Link #10423
Ynot

I agree with Deathscyther on his view of wcthesecret.

I find the way you treat other people in your posts a bit on the rough side too. Now that's fine when it's tongue in cheek humor, but I'm not sensing that at all in your posts. So yeah, if that's going to be a regular thing with you I'll be clicking that little exclamation mark too. Of course I'd much rather have another Needless fan joining and enjoying the discussions here so please tone it down a bit.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 16:45   Link #10424
Homura7

Let him be. If he's so frustrated he can't stomach the idea Yamada is now female, then the solution is quite simple, stop reading it. Because to be honest, this frustration is hurting you more than the others.

Now back to the main topic...

Has anyone wondered how everybody will look like 2 years later? Some would hit puberty, while others will grow older. If I'm not wrong, their ages would be:

- Disk - 102 (how about you modify your body to look a bit older)
- Teruyama - 22
- Seth - 19
- Solva - no idea, I didn't find her age even in the books
- Mio - 17
- Setsuna - 20
- Kuchinashi - 19

Excluding Yamada/Cruz, Blade & Eve from the list for obvious reasons.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:28   Link #10425
Kurohane

^ Cruz would be 16.
Blade and Eve would be 18 technically.
Aruka would be 20.

Since Saten said Adams have shorter lifespans than humans, how long do you think Blade has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Let him be. If he's so frustrated he can't stomach the idea Yamada is now female, then the solution is quite simple, stop reading it. Because to be honest, this frustration is hurting you more than the others.

Now back to the main topic...

Has anyone wondered how everybody will look like 2 years later? Some would hit puberty, while others will grow older. If I'm not wrong, their ages would be:

- Teruyama - 22
- Seth - 19
- Solva - no idea, I didn't find her age even in the books
- Mio - 17
- Setsuna - 20
- Kuchinashi - 19

Excluding Yamada/Cruz, Blade & Eve from the list for obvious reasons.
Is Mio really 15 now? I thought her profile said she was 8.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:43   Link #10426
Ynot

^ I took a quick look but both on Imai Kami's site as well as her(Mio's) profile in vol 4 her age is a question mark. I'd certainly guess it'd be more towards 8. I can't remember whether her age is mentioned somewhere else though.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:53   Link #10427
Homura7

Mio's age is unkown according to her data profile, though given the ages of the killergirls vary between 14 and 18 years old with Setsuna as the oldest so far, she's probably around Yamada's age.

Blade's age is 17, and Eve's 16. I don't know about Blade, but once 2 years pass and if she survives, Eve will have the same age as Arca. Coincidence?
Old 2013-06-05, 18:02   Link #10428
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

AFAIK the only clue we have as to Mio's age is this picture:
Images
According to her shirt, she's in the 4th grade, which would make her about 10 years old. Though I'm not sure this can be regarded as canon...
Quote:
No, no, no, no, no. Disk is perfect just as she is.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:08   Link #10429
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
^ I took a quick look but both on Imai Kami's site as well as her(Mio's) profile in vol 4 her age is a question mark. I'd certainly guess it'd be more towards 8. I can't remember whether her age is mentioned somewhere else though.
Quote:
Mio's age is unkown according to her data profile, though given the ages of the killergirls vary between 14 and 18 years old with Setsuna as the oldest so far, she's probably around Yamada's age.

Blade's age is 17, and Eve's 16. I don't know about Blade, but once 2 years pass and if she survives, Eve will have the same age as Arca. Coincidence?
Oh, ok. Thanks, guys.

@K Blade can't be 17. He was only created 16 years ago.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:12   Link #10430
Ynot

@Sayo Well canon or not, since she's still carrying around a teddybear/bunny and can't read Kanji that looks a lot more fitting for her than let's say Yamada's age. Still it's odd her age wasn't mentioned in her profile.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:15   Link #10431
wcthesecret

Sorry, it's just, I really just hate what has happened to Cruz, and it just doesn't seem fair that nobody thinks that what blade did was wrong, changing someone forcefully just isn't right in my opinion, and by that I mean physically changing someone against their will.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:34   Link #10432
Homura7

Quote:
Sorry, it's just, I really just hate what has happened to Cruz, and it just doesn't seem fair that nobody thinks that what blade did was wrong, changing someone forcefully just isn't right in my opinion, and by that I mean physically changing someone against their will.
Instead of complayning about Blade's manners which shouldn't catch offguard anyone after 113 chapters, you must start thinking for which, much bigger purpose, the genderbend happened. Do I need to remind you the author had already finished the manuscript of the two parts that form the manga when he was in Elementary School?
Old 2013-06-05, 20:00   Link #10433
Kurohane

I knew he already conceptualized Needless during school, but I thought it was during high school. Did he really start thinking of such ecchi things during elementary?
Old 2013-06-05, 20:13   Link #10434
wcthesecret

...If that guy thought of all of this in elementary school...then wtf is with this guys mind. Thinking about sex changes in elementary school. Was his family hiding something or something?
Old 2013-06-06, 00:56   Link #10435
Avvesione

It wasn't elementary school; Imai Kami started the concept of Needless while he was in high school. He mentioned that he began doing this after watching Evangelion (who's influence can be seen in Needless) which aired in 1995 (which puts him at 15 years old).

He may have had the idea to do a manga or was drawing back in elementary school, but it was sometime after NGE that he began to solidify the concept of Needless.

---

As for the ages of the Shoujo Butai, the only ones that are listed are Setsuna (18), Nanami (15), Misaki (14), and Kurumi (16) (you can also add Eve at 16 and Cruz at 14 if you want). Kuchinashi and Mio never had their ages stated but you can make a few guesses based on some observations. One that I use for Mio is that Uten is angry that he's shorter than her, which might mean that Mio hit puberty before him (since girls start to grow before boys at that age). Uten is 10, so it'd make sense if he was angry about a girl around his age being taller than him, so that puts Mio somewhere between 10-12(ish). As for Kuchinashi, there really isn't a whole lot, but she has much smaller boobs than just about every other character in the series save for Solva and Mio. As a result, I tend to think of her as being younger than Seth (17), so I've always pegged her to be around Cruz's age, something like 14 or 15. But then again, since they aren't officially listed anywhere, these are just wild guesses, so who knows what age they really are.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:13   Link #10436
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I don't mind the gender change, but personally speaking, I think he's gonna be be changed back to normal.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:21   Link #10437
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... my personal take on why people are supporting Cruz's change is because now they have an actual girl giving them panty shots instead of a guy in girl's clothing. That, and some people thinking "Cruz as is he is too cute to be a boy... make him a girl!" (i.e. Blade's thinking)

I would still rather see him be turned back into a guy, and I'll only accept this change is he actually IS Ann (of which we still currently have no evidence. And I'll debunk it now, the angel we saw during the Memory arc we still don't know if she is Ann or not at the end of the day. Granted, there is the Gido case, but we need actual black-and-white-ink-on-paper confirmation)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:15   Link #10438
Anduriel

Why do people say that Cruz have DFC? At p.23 in ch.113 Cruz does have breasts, not big but still they are seen.
Spoiler for Breasts:
Anduriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:33   Link #10439
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Cruz has been the butt of Blade and friends jokes since pretty much the beginning. Blade himself has on multiple occasions done things that pretty much label him as an asshole, which might bother some, but to someone like me his "villainy" is part of his appeal. Frankly speaking, he does whatever the heck he likes and gets away with it, and it's fun.

As for Cruz being turned into a girl, it completes the running gag which has been the bulk of the comic. He hasn't been a "boy" since the Simeon explosion, and it's been increasingly less likely he'd be one again in appearance. And his appearance as a girl has been integral to the plot, from his bit as a Killer Girl, to his disguise as his sister, to his similar appearance to Eve, to his "naked with socks" bit that got him and Saten out of the memory world, Ann's appearance, and so on. It's one of those instances where he may as well have been a girl from the start, but it wouldn't have been as funny, and Needless is loaded with situational gag comedy. His character development and the story in general would have been completely different without the gender bending, honestly.

And as the story has been evolving, it's easy to see that the writer doesn't simply do things without reason. Even the tiniest of stuff, seemingly unimportant, has been revealed eventually to have importance later on.

It's also important to note that while it was a big joke to make Cruz actually a girl, Blade did use his big wish for more than just that. He may be a jerk, but he's a jerk with a heart of gold.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:40   Link #10440
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
It wasn't elementary school; Imai Kami started the concept of Needless while he was in high school. He mentioned that he began doing this after watching Evangelion (who's influence can be seen in Needless) which aired in 1995 (which puts him at 15 years old).

He may have had the idea to do a manga or was drawing back in elementary school, but it was sometime after NGE that he began to solidify the concept of Needless.

---

As for the ages of the Shoujo Butai, the only ones that are listed are Setsuna (18), Nanami (15), Misaki (14), and Kurumi (16) (you can also add Eve at 16 and Cruz at 14 if you want). Kuchinashi and Mio never had their ages stated but you can make a few guesses based on some observations. One that I use for Mio is that Uten is angry that he's shorter than her, which might mean that Mio hit puberty before him (since girls start to grow before boys at that age). Uten is 10, so it'd make sense if he was angry about a girl around his age being taller than him, so that puts Mio somewhere between 10-12(ish). As for Kuchinashi, there really isn't a whole lot, but she has much smaller boobs than just about every other character in the series save for Solva and Mio. As a result, I tend to think of her as being younger than Seth (17), so I've always pegged her to be around Cruz's age, something like 14 or 15. But then again, since they aren't officially listed anywhere, these are just wild guesses, so who knows what age they really are.
I thought it was high school. You could be right that he decided to do a manga back in elementary, and was drawing back then.

I remember Uten saying that. However, I didn't put much thought into it. She could be younger than him or the same age, but is growing more smoothly. It wouldn't make sense for him to be angry over the development of someone who's older than him, when it would be obvious.

Kushinashi is a real mystery. I mean we know all three of them are orphans from the 4-koma, but she is the only one to have and express the same sexual desires of an Adam with Riru and Cruz, who was commented to look like Eve. I still have my suspicions that Mio is just playing the fool and reading the situation until it reaches a certain point.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen