AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 13:10   Link #5581
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

To be fair, the Tristan only got through because Lelouch underestimated the strength of the Excalibur remakes.
Old 2009-09-18, 13:43   Link #5582
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I know. But still, he was the only one to get through his shielding.
Old 2009-09-19, 02:50   Link #5583
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I know. But still, he was the only one to get through his shielding.
Bradley came close.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 03:02   Link #5584
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Bradley came close.
Close only counts for horse shoes and hand grenades, though.
Old 2009-09-19, 03:13   Link #5585
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Bradley came close.
I'm not sure I would count this. Bradley was hitting him for apparently a few minutes while he waited for the energy to exhaust. An event which was only likely since Lelouch had already been put in a similarly protracted situation with Mordred, which had drained the bulk of his energy. Bradley only got close because Lelouch dropped the shields to attack.

Gino conversly, just sort of swats through the shields in one shot.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 03:48   Link #5586
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
which is complete bullshit
the shield can stop the stark hadron cannon for a few minutes but it gets broken by a sword swipe ?
they needed and excuse to destroy the shinkiro, so they had it destroyed
Old 2009-09-19, 13:58   Link #5587
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
which is complete bullshit
the shield can stop the stark hadron cannon for a few minutes but it gets broken by a sword swipe ?
they needed and excuse to destroy the shinkiro, so they had it destroyed
The Excalibur was probably an Empathic Sword that drew power from some aspect of its weilder's heart or nature.

Bismarck, being the Knight of One and bodyguard of the Emperor gave the sword the power to manifest a shield function and deflect attacks, like the Shen-Hu's Baryon cannon.

On the flip side, with Gino weilding them, the swords gained the power to make anything they touched Fail At Life And Everything, thus the Shinkirou's shields failed as hard as they did. [/sarcasm]
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 14:03   Link #5588
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

awesome theory
Old 2009-09-19, 22:35   Link #5589
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
The Excalibur was probably an Empathic Sword that drew power from some aspect of its weilder's heart or nature.

Bismarck, being the Knight of One and bodyguard of the Emperor gave the sword the power to manifest a shield function and deflect attacks, like the Shen-Hu's Baryon cannon.

On the flip side, with Gino weilding them, the swords gained the power to make anything they touched Fail At Life And Everything, thus the Shinkirou's shields failed as hard as they did. [/sarcasm]
Now that is the truth.

Old 2009-09-20, 00:58   Link #5590
azul120

From what I read, chibi Shinkirou in that one gag short series sounds hilarious.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 01:24   Link #5591
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post

Now, to find out what an Empathic Sword Excalibur does in the hands of all the other pilots...
Old 2009-09-21, 23:14   Link #5592
Cipher

iz lelouch an introvert?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:22   Link #5593
Sol Falling

Not really.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 11:25   Link #5594
wing 00

lelouch is the ultimate good fuy/bad guy ever made in an anime
Old 2009-09-22, 11:43   Link #5595
Cipher

i just think he thinks too much....blehh..
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 12:51   Link #5596
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i still think that their inability to make up their own damn minds about him in the last arc is part of what crippled his portrayal in my eyes (in the last arc specifically)
if he's suppose to be a hero, dont have him act like a complete monster to everyone around him including his little sister
if he's suppose to he a villain, dont make his actions as mostly off-stage villainy, and dont try to get us to sympathize with him like in that stupid scene in ep 23 with C.C

i named that praticular scene because its one of the lesser noticed wallbangers in the last arc
its clearly meant to mirror a similar scene that happened in season 1 right after he killed euphie
but just like the "its just a recording" bit, they took the concept while ignoring the circumstances, and end up with a scene that fails the fridge logic

the scene in season 1 works because it comes on the heels of a REAL tragedy that could not have been foreseen, and happened right as everything was getting peaceful again and destroying everything
it works because its actually TRAGIC

the scene in season 2 on the other hand comes on the heels of an entire episode of lelouch acting like a complete douchebag, commiting several acts of chilling monstrosity
INTENTIONALLY destroying the possibility of everything becoming peaceful and culminating in lelouch telling nunnally that she represents everything he despises

so i kinda find it hard to sympathize with his plight, and him throwing a tantrum over it seems like a severe case of moral dissonance/myopia

this isnt a case of "lelouch isnt a hero or a villain, he's just lelouch"
in the last arc lelouch very clearly WAS the villain (its always said that the villain is the one driving the story)
but they didnt have the balls to go all out with it and actually SHOW that fact properly, so they kept trying to show him in a favorable light despite it
if they had any real courage for their conviction, they would have have made it clear that lelouch is suppose to be the bad guy
its the same stupidity that happened with destiny, where kira and lacus were SUPPOSED to be the villains, but they didnt get portrayed this way because they were fan favorites and sunrise didnt want to make people hate them (dont want to anger the meal ticket/fandom)
and the end result messed up the entire story

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-09-22 at 13:51.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 00:14   Link #5597
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Lelouch was not supposed to fit the stereotypical portrayal of a villain or a hero, that is what makes him good in my eyes. Even for Anti-Hero standards, he is still deviant from the beaten path.

Old 2009-09-23, 00:27   Link #5598
azul120

Be that as it may, they screwed up the whole thing.

If Lelouch were to die a monster in everyone's eyes, I would have preferred it if it somehow it absolutely came down to him having to go into complete hardass mode to stop Schneizel. Then in spite of what he did, people just don't trust him anymore, so he has to resort to acting like the tyrant the people now see him as, and THEN having Suzaku as Zero kill him. Then for shits and giggles, as everyone starts cheering, Zero delivers the final speech, "People! Lelouch had only one goal: to defeat Schneizel and give you the freedoms you now enjoy. And this is how you repay him? Who's the real monster here? Not he, certainly not he."

A cookie for the first person to namecheck the reference.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 03:10   Link #5599
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Be that as it may, they screwed up the whole thing.

If Lelouch were to die a monster in everyone's eyes, I would have preferred it if it somehow it absolutely came down to him having to go into complete hardass mode to stop Schneizel. Then in spite of what he did, people just don't trust him anymore, so he has to resort to acting like the tyrant the people now see him as, and THEN having Suzaku as Zero kill him. Then for shits and giggles, as everyone starts cheering, Zero delivers the final speech, "People! Lelouch had only one goal: to defeat Schneizel and give you the freedoms you now enjoy. And this is how you repay him? Who's the real monster here? Not he, certainly not he."

A cookie for the first person to namecheck the reference.
Subjective opinion, I did not really enjoy watching him turn to a complete monster either, but I have to say that Zero Requiem was genius...

Hmm, the reference sounds Roman or Greek to me.

Old 2009-09-23, 10:42   Link #5600
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Something I never understood was why Lelouch doesn't speak to Kallen in Ashford when he goes to meet the UFN. By not having her join him he was risking it all. She could a) die in battle against his army or b) break through his lines (which she did) and kill him, thus destroying Zero Requiem.

He had to know that she would cause a lot of problems if she wasn't on his side...Was it because even though she was kinda important her life was as important as Zero Requiem, and thus he could justify it if she was killed in battle?