AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 23:22   Link #81
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yea, weapons themselves can't really do much unless you are like the sisters which one can wield the other.
We have already seen that pathetic display when Soul tried to fight kidd...it didn't have much effect at all
Sure, but Kid was using Liz & Pattie. It wasn't a fair fight against mismatched BS & Soul, let alone just one of them. Black Star barehanded might be a fair fight against Soul.
Old 2008-06-07, 12:04   Link #82
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

(Next episode) Masamune? Jeez, can't they think of anything original? -.-"

Was a pretty funny episode...was hoping for some action though. Loved the dream in the begininning. 9/10
Old 2008-06-07, 14:12   Link #83
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
(Next episode) Masamune? Jeez, can't they think of anything original? -.-"

Was a pretty funny episode...was hoping for some action though. Loved the dream in the begininning. 9/10
Pretty much most of the weapons have joke names or refrences to famous weapons, like Ragnarok, Excalibur, the Thompson sisters are a bit of both (a ref to the famous Thompson Submachine Gun aka "tommy gun")
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-06-07, 16:01   Link #84
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Pretty much most of the weapons have joke names or refrences to famous weapons, like Ragnarok, Excalibur, the Thompson sisters are a bit of both (a ref to the famous Thompson Submachine Gun aka "tommy gun")
Not to mention Dr. Franken Stein, Medusa the snake-witch, etc. The random Kishin eggs are Jack the Ripper, Al Capone, Sonson J. (this is Jason backwards, sort of, a reference to the Friday the 13th series of slasher movies). The bodyguard samurai is Mifune, a famous samurai movie director. Even Soul Eater itself has shown up in a few games as a scythe (PSO comes to mind).

Basically, the names that aren't references to things are the exceptions.
Old 2008-06-08, 00:41   Link #85
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
i just marathoned this series, its amazing, black star gives me kamina vibes all over...+1

he even has the same hair color rofl
Old 2008-06-10, 12:30   Link #86
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I didnt enjoy this episode . The follow up episode to 8 could have been better .
Old 2008-06-11, 17:21   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I know I'm kinda late, but doesn't Excalibur sorta remind you of that robot chicken from the future in Aqua Teen Hunger Force that just talks and talks nonsense until you just wanna stab yourself?^^

I liky this episode eventhough it was kinda different from your average SE episode...
Old 2008-06-20, 16:29   Link #88
ellifeedn
Thinker

I looked through the thread and was surprised that no one said anything about the beginning of the episode. I mean, WHAT THE FRICKIN' HELL??!!! SOUL BURSTS OUT OF MAKA'S SIDE?!! What does that even mean?!
Old 2008-06-21, 06:33   Link #89
lmd_84

It's a reference to Ragnorok's black blood, as Ragnorok is inside his Tech, Chrona. Soul's imagining himself like Ragnorok due to the effect the blood's having on him. Practically, however, he's not going to end up like that it's
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-21, 09:42   Link #90
ellifeedn
Thinker

So that's what it was. I was so freaked out when I saw the episode that I couldn't think straight (and if I were able to think more clearly in my previous post, I would've used "" to emphasize my point).
Old 2008-07-01, 14:51   Link #91
Firewarrior

Just have seen Episodes 9 and 10. Well. Episode 9. It was kinda annoying because of Black Star's really annoying voice, but yeah it wasn't bad. I like the little Excalibur-frog. Hm, but there were better Soul Eater episodes, imo.
Closed Thread