Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-07, 21:56   Link #21
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Imagine if Joz's fruit was actually a diamond logia. His finger nails and hair would be worth millions!
Uh... You posted in the wrong thread. This thread discusses the Zoan type not Logia type.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-08-08 at 20:40.
Old 2009-08-08, 20:50   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What about a rabbit zoan? For some reason rabbits are considered to be rodents.

Rabbits..... are not rodents, or even related to them. But I certainly wouldn't rule out a rabbit Zoan appearing in the series at some point, anyway. Y'know, I also have the feeling that this particular user would be an opponent for Zoro (but that's because I keep thinking of Usagi Yojimbo when I think of badass rabbits, heh).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
How would a Flying Squirrel Zoan be a good opponent for Zoro?

I've seen a few instances where flying squirrels are depicted as ninjas, hence my idea of a flying squirrel Zoan being an opponent for Zoro. I'd think that his agility and gliding ability would make him a pretty interesting adversary, don't you think?

By the way, the marine vice-admiral Momonga's name actually means flying squirrel in Japanese. However, I don't think this means that he's a Zoan (besides, if he were, we would have seen him transform in the current chapter, like that dalmatian VA dude). Just an interesting lil' tidbit of trivia......

Edit: Heh, I just remembered I said this in the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, while I definitely wouldn't expect any fish Zoans to appear, I still kinda think that ones based off marine mammals are still possible. Y'know, like maybe walrus, manatee or sea lion Zoans (they just wouldn't be able to swim, though....).

And wouldn't you know it, one of the warring pirates shown in the current chapter is a walrus Zoan! In that case, I'm crossing my fingers for the manatee/dugong Zoan to appear next......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-08-09 at 00:19.
Old 2009-08-09, 10:36   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, Zoro is the exact opposite of Ninja.

He takes to the fight instead of running from a fight, which a true Ninja is supposed to. As a swordsman who seeks opponents and fights them in a duel, he is closer to a Samurai than a Ninja. A Samurai fights for his master, you can say Luffy is Zoro's master in this case.

If he's ever getting a Zoan, a lion would fit him the best. Male lions challenge and kill other male lions to take over their pride, like a swordsman seeking other swordsmen. When a lion challenges another lion, they take the fight head-on, like Zoro. And when a male lion is not fighting, he is sleeping, just like Zoro as well.

I'm interested in the walrus man as well, not sure if he's really a Zoan or just someone who looks like a walrus lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-09, 18:40   Link #24
marvelB

^Oh, I've no doubt that Zoro is very much like a samurai. Heck, some characters even refer to him as such throughout the series (like Vivi calling him Mr. Bushido, Kokoro calling him "Samurai Man", etc.). But I guess I just think it would be interesting for Zoro to have a strong opponent that's actually skilled in melee fighting, but still prefers to fight from a distance, anyway. The closest thing we've seen to that was when Zoro fought that Shandian guy Braham during the Skypiea arc, but he doesn't count since he was a gunman. That's why I'd like to see Zoro fight a ninja-type opponent, who pretty much fits the type of fighter I described. It would certainly be a much more unique approach to the types of duels that Zoro is accustomed to......

And... yeah, you could say that Zoro has the heart of a lion, huh? In fact, you can even say that his lousy sense of direction is a reflection of their nomadic lifestyle!
Old 2009-08-16, 15:27   Link #25
ellifeedn
Thinker

After a few weeks of vacation, I'm glad to be back in the forum.

Anyway, in the most recent chapter
Spoiler for chapter 553:
Old 2009-08-18, 23:00   Link #26
Rainbowman

I've just had a thought. There could be a possibility of there being cryptid-type zoans like the cryptids from "The Secret Saturdays".
Old 2009-08-20, 13:15   Link #27
marvelB

Well, now that the latest chapter's out, I can proudly say that another unique subclass has been added to the Zoan family: Mythical Zoans! So now we know that Marco of the Whitebeard pirates is a phoenix Zoan, which techniclaly makes him part-Logia. Now, before everyone says that they want to see this and that legendary creature make it into the series, I should say now that we shouldn't expect to see many more Mythical Zoans because..... well, it's explained that they're even more scarce than Logias. So for all we know, we may only see about 2-3 mythical users max.

...But that being said, I do fully expect to see a dragon Zoan appear in the series at some point. It was already implied that they once existed in the OP universe anyway (thanks to the legend of samurai Ryuuma), so I think a fruit based off those legendary creatures is entirely possible. Heh, with all the attention that Zoans have been getting recently, can anyone truly say that this class of Devil fruits suck now?
Old 2009-08-20, 13:18   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seeing that Marco transformed his arms into wings, I think its safe to say Lafitte has a bird Zoan as well.

The model I want to see most now is Model: Tanuki.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-20, 18:39   Link #29
marvelB

I know I just said in my last post that it probably wouldn't be best to go nuts as to guess what mythical Zoans Oda would reveal next, but I'd still like to see a Zoan based off a figure in Western (specifically American) cryptozoology, like a sasquatch, chupacabra or jackalope Zoan (though I guess the latter could easily be done by having a rabbit eat an antelope fruit, or vice-versa ). A more obscure cryptid like the flying rods would be a pretty cool idea as well, IMO (JJBA had a stand called Sky High that actually involved controlling rods....... I wonder how Oda would handle it?). Man, there's an endless amount of possibilities for Zoans, now......
Old 2009-08-20, 19:59   Link #30
ellifeedn
Thinker

I think Chopper can be considered a "sasquatch" of sorts when he's in his human form.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:07   Link #31
marvelB

^By the way, that reminds me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Wouldn't Chopper fit that bill?

Anyway, while Chopper is certainly big and hairy in his human form, he doesn't look too apelike, IMO. Nor does he have big feet (and the sasquatch is popularly known as "Bigfoot", after all....). That's why I'd say a sasquatch Zoan would be an entirely seperate entity......
Old 2009-08-20, 22:43   Link #32
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I'm placing bets on Sengoku being some kind of mythical bird type...
Dove/Angel kind of Zoan.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:36   Link #33
praeceps
King on a Boat

I'm personally placing bets on Dragon being a Japanese style dragon who presides (or at least has power) over storms or rainfall. After all it explains the storm that suddenly appeared in Loguetown when Dragon came to save Luffy.

Furthermore the name Dragon itself is a very glaring clue since the only other person with the name of a mythical creature is Marco the Phoenix. If Dragon does in fact have a mythical zoan fruit then Dragon, like Phoenix, is likely his nickname.

Edit: Ninja'd weeks in advance.

Last edited by praeceps; 2009-08-21 at 08:46.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:01   Link #34
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeceps View Post
I'm personally placing bets on Dragon being a Japanese style dragon who presides (or at least has power) over storms or rainfall. After all it explains the storm that suddenly appeared in Loguetown when Dragon came to save Luffy.

Furthermore the name Dragon itself is a very glaring clue since the only other person with the name of a mythical creature is Marco the Phoenix. If Dragon does in fact have a mythical zoan fruit then Dragon, like Phoenix, is likely his nickname.
Already called it buddy.
On the first page.
I already placed bets on Dragon being a Dragon that can influence weather.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:45   Link #35
praeceps
King on a Boat

Quote:
Already called it buddy.
On the first page.
I already placed bets on Dragon being a Dragon that can influence weather.
Huh, didn't see that.
Old 2009-08-21, 17:07   Link #36
longnose-kun

I'm wonder what a fight between chopper and a human who eat a reindeer fruit would be like
Old 2009-08-22, 15:12   Link #37
ordinarystory

Quote:
Dove/Angel kind of Zoan.

I agree. There must be a relationship between the bird over his hat and his abilities. Since he is the fleet admiral, it is more rational that he ate a mythical bird type Zoan.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:55   Link #38
Rainbowman

Quote:
^By the way, that reminds me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Quote:
Wouldn't Chopper fit that bill?
@marvelB: I think it's about time I tell you something- The way I see it, there seems to be a misunderstanding as to why Chopper is mistaken to be a raccoon when he is in fact a reindeer. That misunderstanding is because of two japanese words: Tanuki and Tonakai. The name Tony Tony Chopper is a a play on the similar word "tonakai," the Japanese word for reindeer, from which the "Tony" in Chopper's name is derived. The fact that some fans as well as various characters in One Piece think Chopper is a tanuki (raccoon-dog, often simply translated as "raccoon") whilst in his Brain Point form is a running gag which you don't seem to realize.

Quote:
Anyway, while Chopper is certainly big and hairy in his human form, he doesn't look too apelike, IMO. Nor does he have big feet (and the sasquatch is popularly known as "Bigfoot", after all....). That's why I'd say a sasquatch Zoan would be an entirely seperate entity......
I'll say, and a cryptid-type zoan at that.

Quote:
Dove/Angel kind of Zoan.
It's possible that he could be a Seagull kind of Zoan seeing as there's a seagull figure on his hat.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:47   Link #39
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I don't think that name Dragon comes from the fruit he posses unless Garp named him after his birth and then forced a fruit down his trougth XD
Old 2009-08-24, 06:36   Link #40
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I don't think that name Dragon comes from the fruit he posses unless Garp named him after his birth and then forced a fruit down his trougth XD
Oh he changed him name, similar to Ace.
Closed Thread