AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-29, 12:21   Link #10541
sithu
*Author

Hi this is sithu, I joined on my friends advice, and hope to commune in my fav manga talks
sithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 12:57   Link #10542
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Welcome. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Hope you have a good time, and posting a lot."
Old 2010-09-29, 17:34   Link #10543
Bunbunbunni

Ello Elooo! Im Bunbunbunni!

I'm new and i tend to post alot. At my last Forum home.... i didnt post alot because it got boring and new threads were rare. XD

Dont let me down Anime Suki

Dont worry I'm pretty clear on the rules.
Bunbunbunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 20:52   Link #10544
g0rth0r

Hi there ! I'm g0rth0r !

Like I said on my first post, I've been lurking around here for a while and decided it was time to join. Despite being an hardcore anime fan, I've never actually joined a forum entirely dedicated to anime, so I hope I'll enjoy my time here.

As for my "otaku" profile, I could say my favorites animes are among Berserk, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mushishi, Aria and Higurashi. I've seen relatively a lot of anime (around 200) so I can say I'm pretty well versed in that. Anime aside, I'm taking Japanese classes at a language school, so I got some basic Japanese skills. I'm also going in Japan pretty soon ! From Nov. 1st to Nov. 24th all alone I will cover a lot of Japan from which I am very interested (I was actually interested in Japanese culture way before getting into anime).

So yeah, that's me.

皆さん、どうぞ宜しくおねがいします。
g0rth0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 22:53   Link #10545
ToastyToaster
TvTropes, anybody?

hello everyone! i'm ToastyToaster.

...wow i'm boring
ToastyToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 08:10   Link #10546
Unholyagent

Hey there, I'm new here so Hi
Unholyagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 08:45   Link #10547
JRendell
Manga Addict

Kaze usually does this, but what the hell...

A big welcome to all new members

Here are a few places you should check out before you get posting;

The all important forum rules. Take particular note to the signature rules and AnimeSuki's Spoiler Policy.

If you are unsure of how anything work here at AS you can always check the FAQ. If you are still unsure, either PM another member or visit this thread.

Also, here's a protip; make use of the 'Search' function. Chances are, the thread you wish to create has already been created. It's better to revive an old thread with discussion rather than create a new one.

Enjoy your stay,

JR~
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 02:57   Link #10548
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Hi everyone!

Another former lurker here. I don't really remember when I first found the site anymore, but I started lurking in the forums somewhere in 2007, mostly in the Anime Saimoe Tournament threads and in certain anime series image threads. I finally decided to sign up so that I can post and join in the discussions anytime.

I actually registered last week but I am posting only now, as I am still overcoming my old lurking habits.
Coldlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:24   Link #10549
Frozz

hi from Sydney, Australia!
Frozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:34   Link #10550
orologio

Hello.
I'm not too good with English, but i'll try my best.
Actually, i've known Animesuki for years, maybe from its first appearance in the first half of 2000s.
Of course, i've known anime and manga much longer before Animesuki or access to the Internet; right now i'm reading manga or watching anime much less than before, but i think i can enjoy it better with a well mannered and well ordered community like this, at Animesuki.
See you around
orologio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:45   Link #10551
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by orologio View Post
Hello.
I'm not too good with English, but i'll try my best.
Actually, i've known Animesuki for years, maybe from its first appearance in the first half of 2000s.
Of course, i've known anime and manga much longer before Animesuki or access to the Internet; right now i'm reading manga or watching anime much less than before, but i think i can enjoy it better with a well mannered and well ordered community like this, at Animesuki.
See you around
Your English is just fine, don't worry about it...
Anyway, I want to be the first to welcome you to the AS community.
Just saying that if you haven't read the rules, to just look 'em over so you can maximize your AS experience, and have more fun .
If you have any questions, feel free to ask a mod, check the FAQs, and/or look in the Forum & Site Feedback subforum.
Have fun.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:00   Link #10552
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishitemo View Post
Hey all, just wanted to say Hi as I get myself situated in the community. I felt animesuki was as good a place as any to find people to discuss anime/manga with so yeah, nice to meet you all. =3
Best place there is. You'll love it here, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Hi everyone!

Another former lurker here. I don't really remember when I first found the site anymore, but I started lurking in the forums somewhere in 2007, mostly in the Anime Saimoe Tournament threads and in certain anime series image threads. I finally decided to sign up so that I can post and join in the discussions anytime.

I actually registered last week but I am posting only now, as I am still overcoming my old lurking habits.
Seems like we started lurking at the same time. Glad you've finally made your mind and joined the ranks.

Enjoy your time here, everyone. And be sure to join the discussions, lots of interesting ones around. Oh and one more thing, something worth repeating over and over; make sure to search for threads before making some yourselves. The mods take their time to keep this place clean and organized, don't make their work any harder than it already is.
Old 2010-10-04, 18:50   Link #10553
soulnicola

yooo i'm new here
soulnicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:58   Link #10554
navitaro

Hello I'm new here, I speak english as my second language so if I have grammar errors sorry about that.
Old 2010-10-05, 22:09   Link #10555
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh another page I forgot to post in (re-posts for people who dont look at previous pages)

Everyone! I'm glad that you have signed up to AS to join in our lovely discussions of Anime/Games/General Discussions, etc, etc or to simply view things around here . I hope you all have a good time here and please remember to keep it safe by following the Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Welcome to AnimeSuki!

Being new here, you probably wonder how some of the stuff here on AS works,

For any questions you might have, please refer to Here (<-- Click link for Info)

And some more information can be found Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you want to know some witty ways to post stuff, check Here (<-- Click link for Info)

If you have time, please check them out so you can start having fun on the forums!

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

~~Kaze,
Old 2010-10-05, 22:11   Link #10556
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

I second Mr/Mrs. Hooves.
Welcome everyone
Old 2010-10-06, 14:28   Link #10557
ryodin

I notice that a lot of the "my english may be bad" comments have perfect grammar compared to most people...

Anyway. College student, bored on campus. First time I've been done with my mountains of homework since the semester started and I have a little time to spare (this is due to the 4 hours a day of homework I've taken to doing recently) So I actually felt social but my AIM list from four years ago is rather inactive.

So what to do, find a forum with a common interest and try to find someone to talk to!

Well, introducing myself. Big anime fan of course. I like stuff that is a little more fast paced with a rather strong demand for decent animation (I'd have watched House of Five Leaves otherwise). Very big gamer, though I'm mostly on Single player games and avoid WoW like the plague. Mostly due to it boring me to tears. Other than that I'm a Bio major who loves what he studies and an avid martial artist. I'm actually trying to set up lessons within the anime club at my university (though meeting some resistance). I study Japanese Jujutsu, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, and am starting to pick up Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu from my friend who is certified to teach.

Thats all there is to me. Anime, games, school, and martial arts.
ryodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:31   Link #10558
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryodin View Post
I notice that a lot of the "my english may be bad" comments have perfect grammar compared to most people...

Anyway. College student, bored on campus. First time I've been done with my mountains of homework since the semester started and I have a little time to spare (this is due to the 4 hours a day of homework I've taken to doing recently) So I actually felt social but my AIM list from four years ago is rather inactive.

So what to do, find a forum with a common interest and try to find someone to talk to!

Well, introducing myself. Big anime fan of course. I like stuff that is a little more fast paced with a rather strong demand for decent animation (I'd have watched House of Five Leaves otherwise). Very big gamer, though I'm mostly on Single player games and avoid WoW like the plague. Mostly due to it boring me to tears. Other than that I'm a Bio major who loves what he studies and an avid martial artist. I'm actually trying to set up lessons within the anime club at my university (though meeting some resistance). I study Japanese Jujutsu, Bujinkan Ninjutsu, and am starting to pick up Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu from my friend who is certified to teach.

Thats all there is to me. Anime, games, school, and martial arts.
Welcome... I'm sure you'll find that your not the only college student on here who is hard on time lol. You can always IM me if I'm ever on.
Hope you see you posing
Old 2010-10-06, 17:43   Link #10559
MetalMilitia

Greetings!

Well, I guess I better introduce my self. I'm a British (or are we supposed to say English now? I never remember.) college student who is a massive metal fan (as name suggests) and gamer. I got onto the anime scene a little later than most of my friends, at about 16 I remember seeing a couple or episodes of Full Metal Alchemist but Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was the first anime I watched from start to finish and is still one of my favs.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've been wanting to learn Japanese for a very long time, ever since I saw that Dogs: Bullets & Carnage Vol 1 in one of the corners of my local bookshop but only now have I got motivated to actually start learning. I'm currently trying to set up lessons at a uni. When I went there, the tutor saw my enthusiasm and suggested that I get a Japanese pen friend so that I can get some practice, that and to dump my self in Japan with no contact for 6 months but I explained that I'm on a budget and it would be impossible XD.

So if someone can point me in the direction of what forum to make a thread in I would be very grateful.

Peace out!
~Metal Militia~
MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 23:56   Link #10560
EmilePrimrose

Send a message via Yahoo to EmilePrimrose
Hi all, my name is Emile
EmilePrimrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members