AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 18:43   Link #161
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The AGE System encompasses the Gundam AGE and the AGE Builder. I really, really doubt that the AGE Builder will be able to make things for other mobile suits; it was built to receive data from the Gundam AGE and no one else. Any tech based off of the Gundam AGE's armaments will very likely be created the old-fashioned way and not through the AGE Builder.

That said, the AGE Builder will hardly lose its use after the Sparrow is introduced--it still has to create the Gundam AGE-2, Gundam AGE-3, and all their extra forms and armaments.
Well, going by episode 4, the DODDS rifle at least can be used by other mobile suits, in that case, the Genoace Custom. So what Vargas and Co could do is just program the AGE Builder to make more, with enough resources that is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 18:50   Link #162
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Why space only?
Well, the AGE-1 doesn't have the same system as the Impulse for example, not enough Thruster power to achive sustained flight, image it shooting it's arms and legs off midair to combine with the Spallow/Sparrow parts for example, it'd look .. so dumb if it wasnt in space

in the MS Hanger though its fine, like in E8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The AGE System encompasses the Gundam AGE and the AGE Builder. I really, really doubt that the AGE Builder will be able to make things for other mobile suits; it was built to receive data from the Gundam AGE and no one else. Any tech based off of the Gundam AGE's armaments will very likely be created the old-fashioned way and not through the AGE Builder.

That said, the AGE Builder will hardly lose its use after the Sparrow is introduced--it still has to create the Gundam AGE-2, Gundam AGE-3, and all their extra forms and armaments.
The AGE Builder had alot of potential, it could make Genoace's usable, but it's used as a bad plotdevice which imo, ruins alot in the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well, going by episode 4, the DODDS rifle at least can be used by other mobile suits, in that case, the Genoace Custom. So what Vargas and Co could do is just program the AGE Builder to make more, with enough resources that is.
I really hope they start doing this, it would make alot more sense than to send out the G-exes,Age-1 and Team-Rocke.. i mean Largan in a Genoace/Genoace custom that can't do anything at all.

Specially since they are going to tackle the UE mothership/base
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 19:08   Link #163
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
I really hope they start doing this, it would make alot more sense than to send out the G-exes,Age-1 and Team-Rocke.. i mean Largan in a Genoace/Genoace custom that can't do anything at all.

Going by the Adele, it seems that will be the case.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...7/GB_Adele.jpg
Old 2011-12-01, 21:14   Link #164
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:

To be fair, Largan did quite well against the Baqto, even in a vastly inferior suit.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 23:25   Link #165
casval cehack

Quote:

An obvious mass production Age-1 with a Genoace head, but at first glance very similar to a Mospeada.
Old 2011-12-02, 06:20   Link #166
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:

Yeah, but i thought the Adele was for the second Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
To be fair, Largan did quite well against the Baqto, even in a vastly inferior suit.
Does not change the fact that he cant hurt the UE, at all, Team rocket scenario, if your familiar with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
An obvious mass production Age-1 with a Genoace head, but at first glance very similar to a Mospeada.
Hope they appaer before the second generation.

To be honest, i hope they put the Titus parts on Largan's Genoace, that way we have the G-Exess (ranged type) Genoace titus? (close range type) and Sparrow/Spallow (high speed type)

would make sense, yeah?
Old 2011-12-02, 08:26   Link #167
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Yeah, but i thought the Adele was for the second Gen?
The Adele is pretty much proof of AGE Builder weapons being mass produced later down the line.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:41   Link #168
casval cehack

Quote:
To be honest, i hope they put the Titus parts on Largan's Genoace, that way we have the G-Exess (ranged type) Genoace titus? (close range type) and Sparrow/Spallow (high speed type)

would make sense, yeah?
That's actually possible, as shown on the Gaging Builders. Take note of the Sparrow/Titus hybrid.

Old 2011-12-02, 09:32   Link #169
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Genoace looks surprisingly good with the Titus parts
Old 2011-12-02, 09:35   Link #170
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
The Adele is pretty much proof of AGE Builder weapons being mass produced later down the line.
Later down the line, yeah, i wish they would use the AGE Builder in a more useful way than they have sofar though, like giving the Genoace a weapon to make it useful.

Or the Diva crew using the info gained from the Dods/Dots rifle to build the Genoaces a rifle of its own

Sofar it's only been used " for the plot " if you catch my drift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
That's actually possible, as shown on the Gaging Builders. Take note of the Sparrow/Titus hybrid.
Yeah, exactly, i hope they put the Genoace to use, i reallt do, sofar it's just bad gruntfodder to make the UE look good :x
Old 2011-12-02, 18:17   Link #171
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well, the AGE-1 doesn't have the same system as the Impulse for example, not enough Thruster power to achive sustained flight, image it shooting it's arms and legs off midair to combine with the Spallow/Sparrow parts for example, it'd look .. so dumb if it wasnt in space
You do realize it would be even harder to do that in space, right?
Old 2011-12-02, 19:27   Link #172
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
You do realize it would be even harder to do that in space, right?
Hey now, image the AGE-1 lining up infront of the catapult, and then have the diva launch the legs straight into the sockets, would work better than the AGE-1 shooting it's limbs off inside the colony and .. well. have the diva launch it's new limbs into the ground, shortly after having itself fall into the colony's ground. lol

i highly doubt we will get any of that though.

what i honestly want in this show is more than 2 usefull Mobile suits, i know it's about flit and the Gundam, but .. poor Largan, all he ever does is get shot down or .. well, get injured.

Largan should've gotten the bloody G-exes. damnit
Old 2011-12-02, 20:23   Link #173
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Hey now, image the AGE-1 lining up infront of the catapult, and then have the diva launch the legs straight into the sockets, would work better than the AGE-1 shooting it's limbs off inside the colony and .. well. have the diva launch it's new limbs into the ground, shortly after having itself fall into the colony's ground. lol
Not... really. The AGE-1 lining up in front of the catapult would require it to be stationary while it's changing form, during which time it's a perfect target for an enemy unit, which is sure to be there if it's changing form outside the hangar. Then there's the physics involved. There's no friction in space, meaning once the legs hit the AGE-1 it's going to start flying in the direction opposite the origin of the legs' firing point. Which would require the thing to re-align for the arms and shoulders, and begin the whole process again. Or worse, what if the AGE-1 gets shot out of the way of the legs' path and they miss it completely?

I realize this is a Gundam show we're talking about and absolute realism is thrown out the window in favor of coolness, but a certain amount of believability is both required and expected.
Old 2011-12-03, 04:54   Link #174
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Not... really. The AGE-1 lining up in front of the catapult would require it to be stationary while it's changing form, during which time it's a perfect target for an enemy unit, which is sure to be there if it's changing form outside the hangar. Then there's the physics involved. There's no friction in space, meaning once the legs hit the AGE-1 it's going to start flying in the direction opposite the origin of the legs' firing point. Which would require the thing to re-align for the arms and shoulders, and begin the whole process again. Or worse, what if the AGE-1 gets shot out of the way of the legs' path and they miss it completely?

I realize this is a Gundam show we're talking about and absolute realism is thrown out the window in favor of coolness, but a certain amount of believability is both required and expected.
Yeah, that Believability is thrown out the window in this show, you have the same mobile suit perform different things every episode, do things it can't do but suddenly is able to do in the next episode if it looks cooler or the plot calls for it

But back to the discussion!

Having the AGE-1 getting blown up while trying to change equipment would be awesome. lol
Old 2011-12-03, 05:25   Link #175
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Genoace looks surprisingly good with the Titus parts
Largan, the supposed (or almost) pilot of the AGE-1, atleast deserves a fine mobile suit like a Powered Genoace (RGE-B790 T).
Old 2011-12-03, 14:50   Link #176
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Yeah, that Believability is thrown out the window in this show, you have the same mobile suit perform different things every episode, do things it can't do but suddenly is able to do in the next episode if it looks cooler or the plot calls for it

But back to the discussion!

Having the AGE-1 getting blown up while trying to change equipment would be awesome. lol
This again?

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-12-03 at 15:01.
Old 2011-12-03, 15:16   Link #177
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
This again?
That again? did you have anything to add?

Let me elaborate what i meant by typing that:

The realism and believability Kuroi Hadou was speaking about that applies to other Gundam-related works does not apply in this show, this show is aimed at a new, younger audience, and as Kuroi pointed out aswell, realism is overlooked so things can look cool.

example:

Age-1 blocking Gafran vulcan? shots with it's rifle

Woolf's dual teleport slash on the Baqto in the previous episode
Old 2011-12-03, 15:35   Link #178
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Here's an idea, morph that argument into something rather constructive instead of just saying "Oh man, that's not believable at all".

Then maybe I'll put some effort into mine as well.
Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didnt actually read through what i posted.

read it again and reply to it, if you feel it's necessary, i edited my previous post while you replied too it i belive.

what i think this show suffers from is that things only happen "for the plot" and nothing else, like the AGE Builder not being used in a realistic way, the Diva's crew not really mattering at all, except for Vargas and Grodek.

Diva's crew sitting around doing nothing while they should be planning for the assault, it just feels empty
Old 2011-12-03, 16:04   Link #179
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didnt actually read through what i posted.

read it again and reply to it, if you feel it's necessary, i edited my previous post while you replied too it i belive.

what i think this show suffers from is that things only happen "for the plot" and nothing else, like the AGE Builder not being used in a realistic way, the Diva's crew not really mattering at all, except for Vargas and Grodek.

Diva's crew sitting around doing nothing while they should be planning for the assault, it just feels empty
That's really all they can do with the UE, since no one is aware of their motives, nor can fight them on equal grounds. The UE is an enemy you have to deal with when and where it happens. You can plan, but can't act on it till they attack first. Because at least then you see what you're dealing with. If go sending an assault team into unknown territory, it's just a death sentence.
Old 2011-12-03, 16:15   Link #180
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
That's really all they can do with the UE, since no one is aware of their motives, nor can fight them on equal grounds. The UE is an enemy you have to deal with when and where it happens.
You can plan, but can't act on it till they attack first. Because at least then you see what you're dealing with.
If go sending an assault team into unknown territory, it's just a death sentence.
Of course, but having a plan in addition to sending out the mobile suit team seems like a good idea, doesnt it? Atleast Name the different suits so they can provide that intel to the MS pilots.

Right now the Diva's crew are just a ghost crew with close to zero interaction or any value.

Sending Flit and Woolf out to deal with everything isnt really much of a plan even if those two are the only ones who can make a difference sofar

I don't expect them to attack the UE stronghold with a blitzkreig plan either, i hope Grodek has something planned out, and he actually brings it up to the crew instead of explaining it offscreen, which most likely will happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5Bw9ID1us <- pretty much a good example of what the Diva crew is doing right now