AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 11:14   Link #1221
FR34X

Thank you =D Kohakuren was 2 levels shy
FR34X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:53   Link #1222
ISighZ
Oo Hi

Send a message via AIM to ISighZ
Am I playing this game the wrong way?
Why does it seem like everyone is able to beat it fairly easily.
I'm here struggling...Granted I'm playing hard mode.. but.. it is ridiculously hard..
I'm level 40 at Chapter 6(It seem impossible to win on some maps unless I get to higher level. On almost every map, I have to do multiple saves and reload and resave to keep characters from dying in order to win.
Am I missing something here? Or you all have the same trouble. It just seem you guys are able to beat it fairly easy.
B: You don't understand Life.
ISighZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:00   Link #1223
Xacual

You're playing on hard mode your first game? If so then you should expect to have to deal with that kind of problems. Hard mode is very punishing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:02   Link #1224
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Are you trying to play a perfect game?
I save a lot too, but if a character 'dies' I just accept that and go on with the mission.

Also note, that sometimes a single item, like the right elemental weapon on a good character, or just a few more levels can make all the difference.
If you fail a mission now, it may be possible to do it by just postponing it a bit and do 2-3 other maps first.

Except for the very first few maps, I didn't find anything hard about hard mode. The most important thing is, that you can't really lose. In other games, if you choose hard mode, it often means that a single failure will put you at a disadvantage, which the A.I. will eventually use to destroy you (Sengoku Rance for example, or Civ ). So going into hard mode as a newbie there means you are doomed.
In Kamidori you can always just go somewhere else and powerlevel as much as you want.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:14   Link #1225
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISighZ View Post
Am I playing this game the wrong way?
Why does it seem like everyone is able to beat it fairly easily.
I'm here struggling...Granted I'm playing hard mode.. but.. it is ridiculously hard..
I'm level 40 at Chapter 6(It seem impossible to win on some maps unless I get to higher level. On almost every map, I have to do multiple saves and reload and resave to keep characters from dying in order to win.
Am I missing something here? Or you all have the same trouble. It just seem you guys are able to beat it fairly easy.
I am like you, reloading every time someone dies and started the game on hard. If you roll back many many many pages ago you can read my struggles dealing with Eliza's attack and me being greedy on the 2nd last of Yuela's mission and getting my ass handed to me.

Make sure you are upgrading clothes: they unlock essential skills. The total cost of upgrading is ~120k per set: some even more expensive. Make good use of unit formation: Angelic Command is a big stat buff (and her song can Charm), Cover/Guardian increases survivability, use potions and the right equipment (mutated resistance necklaces are very handy from time to time).

Hard mode is supposed to be hard .
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 21:52   Link #1226
ISighZ
Oo Hi

So.. I just spent atleast 2 hr on the map to save Crayanne. And I want to know how you guys did it..(After few long method) The one that won is this. I basically put Yuela in front to let the Trolls attack her since she has high avoid therefore most of the attack trolls do miss her. Then I put Wil behind her for the Cover ability. Then I sent the rest of my characters through the side tunnel to kill the Troll boss.
You have no idea.. how many saves I did.. I was PRAYING DONT DIE YUELAAAA...
Anyway.. that was pretty hard. How did some of you do it. Characters was level 40 btw.
And I still need to do the Capture Thunder Dragon quest.. I tried it 2 times and fail.. and it seem brutal.. I will figure it out later..
Old 2012-04-05, 22:27   Link #1227
Arha

I did a banzai charge through the front. Game was all like "Oh no the trolls are going to get us lets take this sissy side route" and I said "Hell no I am murdering them now, got it?" and I murdered them.

To be fair, I wasn't doing it on hard mode.
Arha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:34   Link #1228
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by karburator View Post
Thank you.

Any tips for the Sealed Ground map?
this is the one where you simply need to reach the end right?

well to make things easy, use chars that have "double action" for x2 move. equip said chars with ful's mil for +1 move. for your girls and wil you can even give them the +1 move gems.

i think the best tip i can give is make use of deploy/withdraw wisely. you dont need to deploy all your double action chars right from the start, just deploy enough to capture the next deployment gate and deploy the rest from there while withdrawing the ones left behind.

also there will be alot of areas where you can reach with slow moving chars but still have "shroud/fog of war". for those just use the slow ones to explore/reveal. save the fast ones after the area is revealed, allowing you to proceed further.

P.S. dont get distracted by the cards. lol.
Old 2012-04-05, 22:44   Link #1229
ISighZ
Oo Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arha View Post
I did a banzai charge through the front. Game was all like "Oh no the trolls are going to get us lets take this sissy side route" and I said "Hell no I am murdering them now, got it?" and I murdered them.

To be fair, I wasn't doing it on hard mode.
Lol. Yeah I tried to brute force it, too.. and it fail BADLY...
Old 2012-04-05, 23:27   Link #1230
Arha

A brute force solution doesn't work when they have twice as much hp, no. Especially since it doubles the amount of health they have in Prevail mode. Love Prevail except when the enemy has it.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:12   Link #1231
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

For that map, I actually ignored the side tunnel and just slowly push through the middle. Bowling ball's death effect, if you reload and try on various targets, guarantees a kill per round.

I was lucky that one of the first trolls dropped a hammer for Wil which grants him prevail.

Once you reach near the portals, rush to crayanne or else the boss will start touching her all over. You WANT to send at least melodianna over to block the way and serawi to heal her. Failure to do so might result in mission failure due to crayanne's death.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:21   Link #1232
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Ah the evil prevail-trolls >_<. On my first playthrough (on normal, however) I let Melodianna at the homebase where she tanked all attackers like a champ and sent I think Yuela, Uya and Suina to the secret route. The boss was friendly enough to visit my characters at the top most right-exit of the path so no risk for Crayanne
-> Sweet, sweet revenge time on new game+
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 11:57   Link #1233
Arha

I miss that Prevail hammer. On my first file I got it and it was great, but on the second file (where I only carried over my workshop and money) I didn't get another.

Such a pity that Wil doesn't get Prevail.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:31   Link #1234
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I consider it the best weapon before NG+.
Old 2012-04-06, 16:42   Link #1235
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Apparently I'm missing scenes at my (backyard) hot spring... I have seen the first one with Leguna involved, and Crayl and Crayanne's but I haven't seen the rest. For example, the one with Uya. Did I miss something? I have tried to mix and match furnitures in my yard if that means anything.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:19   Link #1236
Tiberium Wolf

OMG! Ship mission where to need to rush to ship to save the alchemists. Today I checked the room next the base and there is a teleport to the ship. No need to rush foward. Seriously!

After you find that Asmodeus was cursing Wil the quest says to go to the seal. Where to? I am lost here. There are some maps there that need you to go to x location. I haven't played them all yet. Must I clear all of them to get the map to deal with Asmodeus?
Old 2012-04-06, 19:29   Link #1237
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think only the character-required maps in the mine dungeons are non-mandatory.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:54   Link #1238
Arha

Ship area? You mean the bonus maps with Roka? Is that what that tiny room to the left is for? Bleh, first time I played that map I only barely took down the bishop in time. All the friendly units just got mowed completely down in seconds.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:58   Link #1239
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I think only the character-required maps in the mine dungeons are non-mandatory.
I'm pretty sure for beshtora seal you just need to clear the first 4 or 5 NG+ mine dungeons. For the last one with the angel monstrosity thing and the conclusion of why Asmodeus is in the mine you have to do everything else I think.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 00:07   Link #1240
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Apparently I'm missing scenes at my (backyard) hot spring... I have seen the first one with Leguna involved, and Crayl and Crayanne's but I haven't seen the rest. For example, the one with Uya. Did I miss something? I have tried to mix and match furnitures in my yard if that means anything.
So I take it nobody can help me with this? :< First playthrough btw.

Tags
eushully