AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 00:25   Link #721
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Aoyama wants Mashiro to spend less time with Sorata... So her plan involves spending more time with her than with Sorata ? That doesn't sound right does it ?

The whole taking over Mashiro-Duty is purely her own moral obligation, I doubt her love feelings have anything say in the decision process.

You know the type of girl Aoyama is right? Very serious and easily flustered. I think deeply she really wants to spend more time with Sorata, but too shy to act like Mashiro and actually shorten the distance between them. So I think the whole Mashiro Duty can be interpreted as her own way to make sure her love rival won't have any more advantages.

That way she can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, to actually help Mashiro while keeping her away from Sorata as much as possible, therefore having better chance fighting the love battle.

Heck, I think when she decided to move to Sakurasou, despite the whole misunderstanding, she was actually very glad inside that she is now actually closer to Sorata than she was before. Yes, it is naive but that is just how Aoyama is imo.
Old 2012-11-07, 02:08   Link #722
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
You know the type of girl Aoyama is right? Very serious and easily flustered. I think deeply she really wants to spend more time with Sorata, but too shy to act like Mashiro and actually shorten the distance between them. So I think the whole Mashiro Duty can be interpreted as her own way to make sure her love rival won't have any more advantages.

That way she can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, to actually help Mashiro while keeping her away from Sorata as much as possible, therefore having better chance fighting the love battle.

Heck, I think when she decided to move to Sakurasou, despite the whole misunderstanding, she was actually very glad inside that she is now actually closer to Sorata than she was before. Yes, it is naive but that is just how Aoyama is imo.
That doesn't explain why she ended up spending more time with Mashiro than with Sorata- She may be easily flustered but she isn't shy enough that she couldn't sit down and have a proper conversation with him (we've seen this happen several times). If separating the two of them was her motive, it certainly wasn't a very well thought out or executed plan.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 02:55   Link #723
Zavie

Well, how can she spend more time with Sorata when Mashiro is there with him all the time? And she is always worry that there's something going on between them, but can't say anything because he is helping her.

It's like catching your girlfriend talking to her best male friend, you know it's just normal, but you just don't like the idea of it.

Quote:
She may be easily flustered but she isn't shy enough that she couldn't sit down and have a proper conversation with him (we've seen this happen several times).
No offense, but I kinda laughed at this, what do you mean sit down and have proper conversation? Love and romantic feelings just don't work like that. Given her personality, yes, she is THAT shy so she can't just sit down and have a serious LOVE conversation with him.

Quote:
If separating the two of them was her motive, it certainly wasn't a very well thought out or executed plan.
I would not call this a plan, but rather an excuse for her to get Mashiro away from Sorata, under the pretext of helping Mashiro, so people won't get the idea that she doesn't like Sorata and Mashiro together. And she might do this unconsciously too.

It is just logical thinking, if Mashiro can take care of herself, Sorata will not need to be with her all the time, and that will benefit everybody. Mashiro can live on her own, Sorata has more time for himself, and Aoyama can get rid of the worries.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:21   Link #724
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aww, nothing on the MisakiXJun front? So sad, but I guess they have to develop the main love triangle after all. And at least the comedy is gold, especially when its the deadpan Mashiro who's starting it. Although Aoyama better watch out, since Mashiro is showing a ton of Yandere signs.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 03:34   Link #725
Forsaken_Infinity

There is no denying that jealousy was a significant part of Ayonama's motive for taking on the Mashiiro duty but she is definitely not the kind of bitch who plans separating a couple out and goes about helping people with ulterior motives in mind alright. She practically told Sorata off when he was forcing himself to move out of the place too. As long as Sorata officially chooses Shiina over her, I don't think Ayonama will intervene. Can't say the same for Shiina if Sorata chooses Ayonama but I am seriously hoping she doesn't actually think of Sorata romantically (flat chance, I know).

And MisakiXJun is already set in stone. It's only a matter of time. I forgot to mention but that line from Jun when the kid touched Misaki's boobs was freaking hilarious.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:40   Link #726
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, how can she spend more time with Sorata when Mashiro is there with him all the time? And she is always worry that there's something going on between them, but can't say anything because he is helping her.
Easy, the one time she doesn't hang around Sorata is when she's busy working on her manga, and we know that could go on for hours. Then there's School- Shiina isn't in the same class as them.

Quote:
No offense, but I kinda laughed at this, what do you mean sit down and have proper conversation? Love and romantic feelings just don't work like that. Given her personality, yes, she is THAT shy so she can't just sit down and have a serious LOVE conversation with him.
What exactly is a love conversation ?

If you're talking about having a heart-to-heart then she has already opened herself slightly when she told him about her parents.

Quote:
I would not call this a plan, but rather an excuse for her to get Mashiro away from Sorata, under the pretext of helping Mashiro, so people won't get the idea that she doesn't like Sorata and Mashiro together. And she might do this unconsciously too.

It is just logical thinking, if Mashiro can take care of herself, Sorata will not need to be with her all the time, and that will benefit everybody. Mashiro can live on her own, Sorata has more time for himself, and Aoyama can get rid of the worries.
Just to be sure we're on the same page here- I'm not saying that Nanami doesn't have feelings for Sorata, but rather I question this whole idea that her actions are motivated mainly by her feelings for him when all indication is that she has a very high ethical code of conduct. In fact, I'm pretty sure that is the main focus of the episode, and not her feelings.

If you look at it through those circumstances, her actions are more simplistic and direct with a straightforward goal and that is to get Mashiro to be independent to an acceptable degree.

To put it in another way, if her goal is to separate them and make her move on Sorata, she would have taken another course of action to become closer to him, instead of putting Mashiro further from him- Because nobody wins playing defense if you're at 0:1.

Another thing, even if Mashiro is independent, it still doesn't stop her from wanting to be close to Sorata and in fact- making her independent might increase her favor in his eyes and all that effort and headache would be counter-productive right ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-07 at 04:07.
Old 2012-11-07, 03:48   Link #727
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Just to be sure we're on the same page here- I'm not saying that Nanami doesn't have feelings for Sorata, but rather I question this whole idea that her actions are motivated mainly by her feelings for him when all indication is that she has a very high ethical code of conduct. In fact, I'm pretty sure that is the main focus of the episode, and not her feelings.

If you look at it through those circumstances, her actions are more simplistic and direct with a straightforward goal and that is to get Mashiro to be independent to an acceptable degree.

To put it in another way, if her goal is to separate them and make her move on Sorata, she would have taken another course of action to become closer to him, instead of putting Mashiro further from him- Because nobody wins playing defense if you're at 0:1.
I think her motivations are probably muddled; it's not going to be entirely any one thing. She could easily be motivated by both her sense of duty/"code of conduct' and also, on some other perhaps sub-conscious level, to help Sorata get rid of this other "cat" that he's been made to take care of. So I wouldn't necessarily assume that she's so "single-minded" here, or that her purpose is so clear and logical to her (or anyone). She's doing what she thinks is right, but she may not have even have deeply thought through what or why. Perhaps, as a result of all this, she'll end up being confronted with this and have to figure out the real underlying reasons for her actions, which could be many.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:25   Link #728
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think her motivations are probably muddled; it's not going to be entirely any one thing. She could easily be motivated by both her sense of duty/"code of conduct' and also, on some other perhaps sub-conscious level, to help Sorata get rid of this other "cat" that he's been made to take care of. So I wouldn't necessarily assume that she's so "single-minded" here, or that her purpose is so clear and logical to her (or anyone). She's doing what she thinks is right, but she may not have even have deeply thought through what or why. Perhaps, as a result of all this, she'll end up being confronted with this and have to figure out the real underlying reasons for her actions, which could be many.
Aye, I quite agree with this. While Aoyama's "code of conduct" undeniably has a large say in the way she acts (her refusing Sorata's help in the end, for example, doesn't have any connections to Mashiro), I'm pretty sure her latent feelings for Sorata, which we have been aware of since day one, play a large reason why she got herself involved in the whole Mashiro business in the first place.

She probably hasn't realized this herself though, or even thought about it much - I find it doubtful she would be malevolent enough to purposefully try and separate Mashiro from Sorata under a false pretext of helping them, or at least I hope not. She simply doesn't like him doing all these things for her, so she acted upon it, even though she probably hasn't realized why she feels so strongly about the issue. Her sense of duty is high enough to cloud her other side of motivation, so to speak, without having thought about it fully.

Which is something she is bound to confront sooner or later indeed, I would guess by Mashiro herself. She may be odd but as episode 3 showed us, Mashiro can be both pretty observant and direct, so I'm guessing she is going to call Aoyama out on the reasons for her actions, in the same cut and dry manner as she did with Sorata. It's only a matter of time, as it's pretty obvious Mashiro isn't all too appreciative of Aoyama's overbearing company. I wouldn't be surprised if she is "putting up with it" for now because Aoyama said Sorata needs the extra time for his game, and Mashiro has shown before to care for Sorata's life goals.

She is bound to drag the issue out in the open though, and I guess the way Aoyama proceeds to act after being forced to confront the full truth of her feelings, is going to largely shape my ultimate opinion on her.
Old 2012-11-07, 04:37   Link #729
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
She probably hasn't realized this herself though, or even thought about it much - I find it doubtful she would be malevolent enough to purposefully try and separate Mashiro from Sorata under a false pretext of helping them, or at least I hope not.
In the end this is why I was against Zavie's original statement- I apologize Zavie if I had misinterpret it, but it sounded to me like you're saying that Nanami is intentionally trying to separate the two of them.
Old 2012-11-07, 05:39   Link #730
Zavie

Quote:
Perhaps I did not make it clear enough.

Let me put it this way, you have a girlfriend, she is also your classmate. One day, you saw her tutoring another guy in the class. Even though the atmosphere seemed pretty harmless, we men, a very possessive creature, still felt somewhat annoyed about it. The next thing you know, you tried to jump in between and offered that guy some helps along with your girlfriend.

What your girlfriend did was normal, and you know it, and even though you know that there will be no problem coming out of it, you would still try to go between them, even if you didn't mean to do it in a bad way.

Then after sometimes, you think back about what happened and realize that on that day, you might have done that out of jealousy.

So yes, by no means I'm saying that Aoyama intentionally try to separate the two. What I'm trying to say is that her actions might be the result of her own moral code with jealousy as the trigger.

About the thing with her approaching Sorata instead of wasting her time with Mashiro, my opinion is that it would still be very hard for Aoyama to actually act for her love directly to Sorata, given her personality. Therefore, she just wants to take care of the obvious (and somewhat easier) problem, which currently makes her unhappy. She might not know that she acted that way because of those feelings though.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:02   Link #731
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

adding Aoyama in Sakurasou indeed can stir many things... because she got serious attitude just like what Sorata had...
maybe she must go through same things like Sorata before she can settle well in Sakurasou

10th may become a decision day for Sorata... He'll choose to accompany Shiina to buy magazine or watch Aoyama's seiyuu performance... I hope he can do both because hurting one of the girl this early will be bad for my heart
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 09:06   Link #732
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So yeah, breaking away from this for a moment. What are the odds that Mashiro gives up on just putting up with this situation and skips to plan C ? Maybe she is hanging in there because she doesn't want to interfere with Sorata's game making, but at this rate her own art is going to be interfered with.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:59   Link #733
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think we are settling on the best interpretation: what's consciously in Aoyama's mind is her "code of conduct," but it is given emotional force by her unconscious desire to separate Sorata and Mashiro. We are all like this. It's so human.

I wonder if we will actually get to some version of "plan C," in the sense of open conflict between Aoyama and Shiina.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 14:24   Link #734
eiyuu99

Plan D: Watermelon in oven.
Result: Red liquid splatters all over.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 17:35   Link #735
Witheirate

Episode 5 really makes my day...
Old 2012-11-07, 18:59   Link #736
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

I wonder if we will actually get to some version of "plan C," in the sense of open conflict between Aoyama and Shiina.
Shiina still hasn't dropped her MOAB on Aoyama yet-

"Sorata has shown me his naked body...And he has seen mine as well."
Old 2012-11-07, 19:09   Link #737
tsunade666

Quote:
Shiina still hasn't dropped her MOAB on Aoyama yet-

"Sorata has shown me his naked body...And he has seen mine as well."
Aoyama will explode and not because of her overworking herself.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:50   Link #738
garbage

whew bit late watching but great episode again, so far this show has been delivering. wonderful comedy with depth. Wow talk about genius 0-100 in 4.5 seconds, faster than a lamborghini :Man photographic memory guys are so unfair....though I've been called genius from time to time but this is just so...., i have to work hard too you know..... but still love her love smart girls... well she is in a way ahehe

Anyway about Aoyama, i'm more on the faction this is jealousy based. seriously if this was any other guy besides Sorata, would Aoyama act the same overbearing way? i think not. Aoyama herself knows that she is already on the brink, with all her side jobs and voice acting class. Sure she's a great gal with an independent mind, and good work ethics, but why would she trouble herself more with taking care of Mashiro? She's not exactly the Saint type as it is Sorata who goes around collecting stray cats and not her, she was helping well because its Sorata.

probably in her mind, (deluding herself) and on the surface, the reason for her taking care of Mashiro is 1) Mashiro should be self sufficient, (for Mashiro's sake) might connected with 2) bugs her that someone is living so dependent on others,but this is so flimsy. I hardly believe anyone would care how other's dependency are THAT MUCH, unless it involves someone they have strong attachment to. She's more likely to mind her own business. Which brings us to 3) Bugs her that Mashiro is DEPENDENT ON SORATA,yeah jealousy even. Remember at the park she made her full decision to move to Sakurasou AFTER hearing all those innuendos from Mashiro. Sure she might not be fully conscious of the fact,but I'm pretty sure she will be called on it in the following episodes. And it will be her growing point.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:03   Link #739
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'm a bit annoyed that the show took such a cliche turn...

Female classmate that loves male MC ends up living in same building, gets in the way of the two main character's relationship, argues about anything that the male MC would do for the female MC... *zzzzzzz*

I was actually hoping that it would be Sorata who would teach Mashiro on how to take care of herself. Nanami moving in is just a boring move for me... I would've preferred she stayed a classmate that eventually confesses her feelings. I don't dislike her (yet), it's just I don't find her type of tsundere interesting or entertaining.

It's pretty nice to see Jin being so supportive though, he's doing a hell of a lot more than I thought he would. I figured he would just be a gigolo side character.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 02:07   Link #740
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Perhaps cruel of me but I want Ayonama to win simply because I can't stand the implications that anime over the years continue to reiterate that somebody who was born naturally better deserves better and is going to win over somebody who isn't naturally talented but tries to get there on their own. As lazy as I am, I absolutely believe that it's the work ethics first and natural potential second that matters, and should matter, and I really don't like it when some super genius just shows up and wins everything just like that, especially when they aren't even trying.....snip
I think though that the ability to stay super focused on something be it their life's goal or just a game, and maybe even work ethics, might in a lot of ways be an inborn talent/natural potential. I mean seriously I can never understand how some people can just go on and on and on, even between two people brought up the same way. One just keeps on going like your Energizer bunnyME? it just either bores me to death after awhile, or i just loose energy and will to continue[ need recharge ]...
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life