AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-27, 02:49   Link #4041
Spamamdorf

I think the blues eyes white dragon ones at least have some basis
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 03:00   Link #4042
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Kisara and Blue Eyes White Dragon are quite different though . One is a girl, one is her "guardian spirit" or some sort. You may love the girl but you DON'T flirt or make out with her "guardian spirit" .
Old 2012-11-27, 03:08   Link #4043
Spamamdorf

I'm talking about all the Blue eyes white dragon themed stuff he had lying around just randomly even before he met the chick, but then even just the chick is more than enough for shippers and fan art drawers to go for it
Old 2012-11-27, 03:21   Link #4044
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For those, I guess we’re back on the Waver & Rider fanart case. There’s bromance or closeness in it, but not romance in the slightest. Still, even with that totally unrelated matter, the fanart artists found a reason to draw pics of them flirting. That’s what I call “no basis”. The same thing happen to Kaiba & BEWD even counting Kisara. Sure, Kaiba love BEWD, but NOT in a romantic way like many fanarts suggested.

If you said those fanarts have “enough basis” then we simply have different view of it.

PS: If you want to continue this, you can PM me. We're being off-topic here.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-11-27 at 03:37.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:42   Link #4045
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Makes sense. I've seen plenty of Inazuma Eleven fan art where characters are gay for each other (I mean, this is like G and PG art), and there is only bromance in Inazuma Eleven.
Old 2012-11-29, 01:42   Link #4046
Edict

Thess: I think you once said Gilgamesh's interest in Saber partly originated from a comparison with Enkidu. If that recollection is correct would there be any explicit descriptions of that realisation from the novels or other source material ? Though I should add I'm not saying there would have to be for such an observation to be reasonable. Usually there is some basis for inference and I've already previously taken a few of your observations to be an insightful awareness of character.
Edict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:01   Link #4047
Touko

Spoiler:
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 10:34   Link #4048
Edict

thanks for the quote. I'm left to wonder what the reasons would be for the elision of these scenes. Among other uses these depictions would add lucid dimension to Gilgamesh's motivations and unify examples of his vision as found in the anime.
Old 2012-12-03, 11:09   Link #4049
Vicious108

The reason given in the booklet thing that came with the BDs was that they wanted to focus on Saber in that scene and felt that transitioning to Gil's flashback would divert the attention away from her.

Your mileage may vary as to whether it is an actual good reason, but yeah.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 00:36   Link #4050
Edict

there would be some contrast but mostly as a result of simply interpolating the scene without adjustment to the episode's structure. However the reason given does overlook the importance of Gilgamesh's interest (where in the scheme of things he does have a rarefied perspective), if the composition was changed to include said scene and with appropriate adjustments for concordance then the relevance conveyed (for Saber that is) would be improved overall. It is actually an ironic consequence how this supposed concern detracts from potential emphasis.

also, I noticed beforehand there is some indication of a hero's nature or aspirations from the 'glow' their Noble Phantasm emanates. I don't expect there is too much detail on this aspect of the fantasy lore but would like to know if there are any specific discussions or elaborations to be found from any of the source material. Gilgamesh's disapproval of Caster's final spell (although that may not be a Noble Phantasm per se) is quite interesting since it emerges from confusion more than genuine intent.. Furthermore the interplay concludes with Excalibur's illumination restoring Caster's clarity. An interesting conclusion to Caster's embodiment of anguish and confusion (to, as I understood, the problem of evil). I think there was also a related occurrence in Fate Night with Excalibur piercing the veil of another hero.

Last edited by Edict; 2012-12-14 at 17:08. Reason: thought I would further clarify the observation and add another question
Old 2013-01-12, 11:44   Link #4051
VTHokiePride

Just wondering, does anyone feel that the anime should have had the same ending as the Realta Nua ending or am I the only one?
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 15:17   Link #4052
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Just wondering, does anyone feel that the anime should have had the same ending as the Realta Nua ending or am I the only one?
I think you better ask this question in Fate/Stay Night anime thread since you're pretty much asking for others' opinions while the purpose of this thread is: to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game (see page 1).
Old 2013-02-06, 09:28   Link #4053
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
One question: For example, Lancer (Fate/Stay Night) was summoned in the 1st Holy Grail War. Then someone broke his Gay Bulge with Raw Ass Gae Bolg by snapping it in half.
In the next Holy Grail War, will he get his weapon back?
Old 2013-02-06, 09:43   Link #4054
GDB

Yes. With the exception of Saber (FSN/FZ) (and possibly Archer (FSN)), the Servants summoned are merely copies that don't even remember any prior summonings.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:35   Link #4055
Spamamdorf

No they still remember them if I remember correctly, don't they just not know in what order they happened? I think Archer said it was like reading a book on what you've done in the other grail wars or something
Old 2013-02-06, 13:45   Link #4056
GDB

No, they don't remember. It was a big deal in the Fate route that Saber remembered anything about the prior war at all. Archer's "reading a book" thing was in regards to being a Counter Guardian, I believe.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:16   Link #4057
Spamamdorf

I'll have to re read that part it seems then because for one reason or another I seem to be under that impression so I should go sort what's what (isn't his counter guardian thing only the fact that he's summoned by Gaia whenever he's needed to kill something that threatens the world with the other guardians? I thought he was otherwise a normal servant)
Old 2013-02-06, 14:18   Link #4058
GDB

He is a normal Servant otherwise, but I meant the book thing had to do with Counter Guardian events (which aren't always group related, as he's spoken of just taking out normal people en masse before).
Old 2013-02-07, 12:37   Link #4059
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Not their memories. I meant their Noble Phantasms that break (Rider's Gorgon wheel was blasted by Excalibur, Diarmuid broke his own Noble Phantasm, Gilgamesh threw 4 Noble Phantasms away).

Do they get it back the next time they are summoned back to the next War?
Old 2013-02-07, 13:44   Link #4060
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

No, technically they don't get them back, since they will never be summoned again. If one of those Heroic Spirits was summoned again in another war, the servant would be a new copy, one that never broke the Noble Phantasm to begin with. So that servant would have all Noble Phantasms.

Last edited by DanielMors; 2013-02-07 at 14:04.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote