AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 15:37   Link #6641
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Good Lord. This series is still being discussed?

Have there been new developments (like a movie that was assumed for many years and never materialized) or is it just random discussion that's keeping this going?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:40   Link #6642
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Good Lord. This series is still being discussed?

Have there been new developments (like a movie that was assumed for many years and never materialized) or is it just random discussion that's keeping this going?
Sunrise is re-airing Seed Destiny in HD widescreen format.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:41   Link #6643
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I suppose ZAFT could make him some kind of a FAITH-like agent, although I think FAITH might have been dissolved after Destiny.
I've kinda wondered about him being appointed a FAITH member myself. It would remove him just enough from the rank and file. To prevent any attempts at reprisals. It'd allow him to act on his intuition/best judgment. Lacus would obviously trust Kira with the amount of authority that being a FAITH member on top of a white coat would provide him.

@Aquaman OS The Minerva's crew was rank and file. The only reason to consider it or it's crew special was because Athrun, Talia, Shin, and Rey where FAITH members. But that doesn't extend to the rest of the crew.

And out of curiousity what unique battleship does Kira have access to now?
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:43   Link #6644
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Sunrise is re-airing Seed Destiny in HD widescreen format.
Ah, right-o.

For a moment I got my hopes up that it was something like the movie rumor, but a cursory glance of the topics on the board turned up nothing...

Old 2013-04-24, 15:47   Link #6645
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
And out of curiousity what unique battleship does Kira have access to now?
The Eternal would be the obvious choice if Kira continued to pilot the Strike Freedom. They could also make a new one or he could be stationed on a Nazca-class ship.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:50   Link #6646
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Ah, right-o.

For a moment I got my hopes up that it was something like the movie rumor, but a cursory glance of the topics on the board turned up nothing...
Why does anyone want the movie to happen. It's been many years and already several other different series have aired.

And why should a movie be produced considering the damage that SEED Destiny has done. The only way a movie would work would be to condemn the main four as the villains they should be considered.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 15:52   Link #6647
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
Why does anyone want the movie to happen. It's been many years and already several other different series have aired.
What relevance does that have on a CE movie? And how would it hurt you if they did make one?
Quote:
And why should a movie be produced.
If Bandai/Sunrise thinks they could make some money out of it, that's reason enough.
Old 2013-04-24, 15:54   Link #6648
kakakka

With HD Remasters, there's no surprise if the movie would be put back on the table.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:03   Link #6649
Destined_Fate

I don't see Lacus having Faith around anyway. Too much power corrupts and it isn't a good idea to have someone like Kira or Shinn walking around with a huge get out of jail for free card as both have made some huge screw ups before in the past.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:09   Link #6650
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I don't see Lacus having Faith around anyway. Too much power corrupts and it isn't a good idea to have someone like Kira or Shinn walking around with a huge get out of jail for free card as both have made some huge screw ups before in the past.
While I don't think FAITH still exists, it's not really a free get-out-of-jail card. FAITH members still have to answer to the Chairman. It's just that they're given the freedom to accomplish their assignments as they see fit without having to go through the normal chain of command.
Old 2013-04-24, 16:31   Link #6651
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I like the theroy that Lacus was the big bad man (last boss)

If only Arthur didn't stay in Orb and move to zaft > she will have strongest world force that no army can defeat >>>
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lacus: Active real destiny plan!
All hail haro empire!

Can someone say, a Dianna Counter-like group, called Lacus Counter?
Old 2013-04-24, 18:10   Link #6652
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
Because it'd be more SEED?

Once the next series was announced there was pretty much no chance a movie was happening, so many years later (now), it's just a pipe dream. I liked SEED and Destiny. Granted, it's one of the few versions of Gundam I've watched end-to-end.

Old 2013-04-24, 18:52   Link #6653
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The Eternal would be the obvious choice if Kira continued to pilot the Strike Freedom. They could also make a new one or he could be stationed on a Nazca-class ship.
I suppose it could be the Eternal. Though honestly "carrier" better describes it than battleship. Not to mention we don't know how many MS it can carry. It can carry 6 suits which doesn't really compare to the Archangel or Minerva. Which to my knowledge can carry around 9 or 10 suits.

Besides, I was thinking ZAFT would rebuild the Minerva. Then equip it with S.Freedom, Destiny, Impulse, Savior, the 3 Doms, and 2 or 3 Zaku's/Gouf's..
Old 2013-04-24, 20:23   Link #6654
Destined_Fate

I don't think that would work since I don't see how the Minerva could even use the METEORS for the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice.

If anything they would just upgrade the Eternal if they want a ship that can hold that stuff as they already can.

It also isn't a good idea to keep all your high powered stuff together during peace time and considering that Shinn and Lunamaria are still pilots I'm sure they're going to be doing more than just sitting around waiting for the Eternal.

So if the Minerva was rebuilt I can see it carrying the Destiny and Impulse than having them, and Shinn/Lunamaria, transferred to the Eternal later on in the Movie for whatever plot reason. Same for Athrun who would most likely be on ORB until he's needed for battle once more to act as Cagalli's sword when the ORB military has its hands tied or is needed to stay to defend ORB.
Old 2013-04-24, 20:45   Link #6655
Aquaman OS

Yeah. SF and IJ are only at optimum efficiency when operating out of the Eternal, which can deploy and retrieve the Meteors as needed. Much like how Impulse is best operated out of Minerva which can recharge it and deploy flyers and spare parts. Ideally they'd never need another ship, but as Eternal is space only, they needed to operate out of AA when on Earth, or when Eternal was not present.

Although I suppose they could alter Minerva to carry the Meteors as well.

Although suit capacity can be stretched. AA only has 8 "slots" on the walls of the hanger bay to store MS, but they still managed to cram like 20 Murasames in there by standing them shoulder to shoulder on the main hanger floor.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:53   Link #6656
S.Freedom

Why would the Minerva even need to use the meteor's?

The only reason the Eternal needed to use them is because it lacked the firepower without them. On the Minerva they'd be treated the same as the Impulse's sword, blast or force packs.

ZAFT needs only one flagship, which is essentially the role the Minerva played in Destiny. So having it retain that role would be better than having two ships serve the same role.

On a side note. I don't suppose you've heard the phrase "divide and conquer" before D_F? Because that's what your advocating.
Old 2013-04-24, 21:03   Link #6657
Aquaman OS

Minerva doesn't need them for itself. But if they are going to have Strike Freedom on board they should carry at least one for that. Otherwise their commander's MS isn't at it's full strength.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:38   Link #6658
S.Freedom

Well yeah that's what I was trying to get at. Though apparently not worded the right way.

And I was thinking of using the Impulse's catapult system for the meteor.
Old 2013-04-24, 22:00   Link #6659
Destined_Fate

Not at all.

The Eternal is still functional after Destiny. Why would they scrap it? Besides, in peace time you never want to keep all your golden eggs in the same basket. It makes sense when you're at war and know who you're fighting while in peace it leaves you vulnerable of having them targeted and removed from the equation. That and you don't want all your best pilots all gathered together unless necessary and even than you like to keep it a secret during times of peace.

METEORs also add a lot of firepower to the Strike Freedom alone. The Eternal is already set around them and has been set around them since SEED. Keeping it around isn't a bad idea at all as it will only serve to make them stronger for it.

Let the Minerva be the main Flagship they have fly around and stuff, the Eternal will do just fine sitting around until it's needed as a specialized ship mainly to augment the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice during times that such firepower is needed most of all.

Better to have both anyway. The Minerva is already built to support the Impulse and its packs, the Eternal is good for METEORs.

And considering how trashed the Minerva was at the end of the last war it would be far more costly to fix it up and refit it for both Impulse and METEORs. If anything they would just take the remains of the Minerva and it's concepts and add it to the Eternal's upgrade as it's in better shape and the Eternal wouldn't have the bad blood the Minerva ended up with at the end of the war as it was the main ship to support Durandal who lost.
Old 2013-04-24, 22:46   Link #6660
The American Average
2LMES

personally i'd remove the Eternal by the end of Destiny its what 3 years old or something. why keep something that old considering how quickly technology advances in the Cosmic Era. as some people have already stated, it doesn't work on earth and neither do the meteors which robs a lot of fire power for many reasons. now if they could make the Eternal work on earth it would be slightly more beneficial for Zaft

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep