AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 20:59   Link #781
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Agreed, i hate it when mmorpg's have the "you're a hero" questing style
Also, how much is the monthly payment after first time?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 02:12   Link #782
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Playing on an RP server I actually kind of like the "another cog in the machine" approach WoW took to questing, where you're just yet another soldier doing your job. Not a special snowflake hero.
Cog? I've lost count how many NPC's thanked me for being superspecialawesome and how they never could have done things without me in WoW. At level 15. Vancleef, anyone?

Hell, first thing the NPC's in Northrend did was go "Whoa! You're [player name]! I've heard about your exploits in Outlands!"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 20:36   Link #783
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
(>.>)

(<.<)

(>.>)

Alright... But in the worst case situation... Where the damn uninstall button ?!
Well if you're from Asia you can play through proxy, or play on EU server with all those french, spanish, russian etc etc etc. people spamming the group chat. EU server has no blocks but their servers suck and if you live so far away might as well use a proxy to play on NA. Also if you google around, you can actually convert your client from NA to EU without having to uninstall and download the other. (Probably too late for this..)
Old 2012-06-25, 00:27   Link #784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Damnit , that 0.5 seconds delay between inputing the command and action is going to screw me in the future... I just know it.... -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 00:46   Link #785
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Do you play with a controller, Chaos? People in my guild who use gamepads have spoken of there being a delay of command input to action execution before.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:28   Link #786
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Do you play with a controller, Chaos? People in my guild who use gamepads have spoken of there being a delay of command input to action execution before.
No I am using the keyboard... It's fine at the moment cause I'm only fighting idiot mobs and small flies, but warrior tanking is clearly out of the question now.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:43   Link #787
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Um guys, how much is the monthly installments for the game after initial purchase?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 01:51   Link #788
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
My guess that probably would be Blizzard's secret project [Titan] MMO
Nah, everyones gonna shit on it because it doesn't have enough content compared to a over a decade old WoW with 7 expansions worth of content. I mean that's what has happened for every MMO since WoW so it must happen for Titan, right?

Anyway hopefully Blizzard learnt some lessons from WoW for Titan... but also give it the edge that WoW had from Vanilla...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 02:38   Link #789
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
No I am using the keyboard... It's fine at the moment cause I'm only fighting idiot mobs and small flies, but warrior tanking is clearly out of the question now.
This sounds like you have poor ping rates to the server (perhaps in excess of 500 ms?). If I recall, you're out of region (lol Whole Asia), so I'm not sure how it'll work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Um guys, how much is the monthly installments for the game after initial purchase?
North America:
Monthly Subscription: $14.99
3-month Subscription: $38.85 ($12.95/month = 14% discount)
6-month Subscription: $65.70 ($10.95/month = 27% discount)
Yearly Subscription: $119.40 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

Europe:
1 month – €12.99
3 months – €35.97 (3 x €11.99)
6 months – €65.94 (6 x 10.99)
12 months – €119.88 (12 x €9.99)
Old 2012-06-25, 02:42   Link #790
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This sounds like you have poor ping rates to the server (perhaps in excess of 500 ms?). If I recall, you're out of region (lol Whole Asia), so I'm not sure how it'll work out.
Probably; 500-600 ms is usually how I roll since Vanilla WoW and even Diablo 3.

(heh 'Whole Asia' was a reference to something Dist said before which I thought was adorable...)
Old 2012-06-25, 07:55   Link #791
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Probably; 500-600 ms is usually how I roll since Vanilla WoW and even Diablo 3.

(heh 'Whole Asia' was a reference to something Dist said before which I thought was adorable...)
To be honest, if you are rolling with 500+ ms, I suggest you reroll to a ranged dps class before you go any further. It's not that I'm telling you to reroll into a class you may or may not enjoy, but I know you definitely will not enjoy the endgame as a warrior with 500+ ms, the bosses in HM fane/BT will eat you alive since you won't be able to dodge in time.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:06   Link #792
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thanks for the advice, I'll take it under consideration as well.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:09   Link #793
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I still get the random lag spikes no matter what graphic setting. It slacts like my pc is 10years old.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:27   Link #794
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I still get the random lag spikes no matter what graphic setting. It slacts like my pc is 10years old.
The graphics engine is poorly optimized. It uses an absurd amount of CPU resources when it should theoretically use almost none. TERA uses UT3, which is also used in countless other games which do not have this problem.

Nexus routinely sends my PC to single-digit fps, despite my GTX 570 graphics card and i5 2400 CPU. Thankfully, Nexus is nothing but tedious faceroll, so there's no point in even bothering.
Old 2012-06-25, 16:40   Link #795
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Nexus routinely sends my PC to single-digit fps, despite my GTX 570 graphics card and i5 2400 CPU. Thankfully, Nexus is nothing but tedious faceroll, so there's no point in even bothering.
Speaking of Nexus, I just had my first one two nights ago. The fps were pretty good when I was with 20 people or so, but when I moved to Argonia to join my guild buddies with hundreds of other players, that's when I experienced such lag. It was fun riding from one nexus to another though. I do hope its fixed soon
Sendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 17:02   Link #796
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

School must definitely be out... seems like this week is "exceptionally miscreant behavior" week on the newbie island. I must have hit the report/block button 20 times for a dozen reasons. You know, names and dialog that would get the shit slapped out of them in real life by everyone on the bus, in their family, people in a bar, etc. Harassing players (as close as you can get to bullying and griefing, sexual harassment, racism, etc). I had to teach several people caught in the target sights by their spew how to block/report. Just kind of pathetic.

Internet Dickwad deluxe models... bleh.
Old 2012-06-25, 17:15   Link #797
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Vexx, that would be the greatest game of all time

Tera Combat
TOR cutscenes
GW2 Living quest
EQ2 Massive Quest content
WOW Custom Gear
Warhammer PVP

Now the only problem is, who is going to be smart enough to put that one together.
GW2's personal story/dialogue cut scenes are already a step up from ever other MMORPG. Not on the level of SWTOR, but it's 'good' enough. Warhammer PvP isn't even as good as DAoC's, and most vets of that game are already saying GW2's WvWvW is the evolution of it, and are fairly satisfied.

I don't know what you mean but WoW Custom gear but since stats are more or less normalized, you won't be choosing gear based on stats, since you'll be able to get the look you want without sacrificing stats. Also, dye system is already more robust than most other MMOs on the market.

Only thing it's missing is true action combat like TERA, but the combat I feel is 'good enough' and taking into account everything else is doing, GW2 is already doing way more than any other company in bringing us the 'complete package', without charging through the roof for it.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 20:50   Link #798
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Unfortunately it's NCsoft so... yeah. Just pray and hope you never need support.
Old 2012-06-25, 22:20   Link #799
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The graphics engine is poorly optimized. It uses an absurd amount of CPU resources when it should theoretically use almost none. TERA uses UT3, which is also used in countless other games which do not have this problem.

aye, I have a GTX 560 Ti (2GB gddr5) which runs skyrim like buttered glass and yet hoses down in Nexus. And yeah, I've seen Nexus ---- Rift did it earlier and better? <sigh>

Don't worry its still fun but I can see the "wall" approaching once I cap a character or two (which is basically what happened to Rift). RP "moar"
Old 2012-06-26, 00:12   Link #800
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye, I have a GTX 560 Ti (2GB gddr5) which runs skyrim like buttered glass and yet hoses down in Nexus. And yeah, I've seen Nexus ---- Rift did it earlier and better? <sigh>

Don't worry its still fun but I can see the "wall" approaching once I cap a character or two (which is basically what happened to Rift). RP "moar"
For me its mostly lag from the UI - turn off names for other players and titles and the frame rate jumps up. Not perfect, but for some reason the UI hogs resources like mad.

I have an i7 2600 and ATI 6870 but the game slows right down when there's more than like 25 dudes (players) on my screen. Spell effects worsen it, of course. But even in huge towns I can see the frame rate loss if I keep all my settings at max like I usually do.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote