AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-20, 22:38   Link #61
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
I has a question. Doubt anyone'll know the answer, but eh.

Why is this series so hard to get in Japan? Stumbled on the opening movie for Remember11, the next in the series after Ever17, which looks reeeally good (wish 17 had sold better, I doubt we've got any chance of getting the other installments at this rate and I love the look of the snow setting. And the opening song. And the video), and figured I'd look on Amazon Japan to see how much it costed. There's no PC versions at all, 2 sold out PS2 ones, and a really cheap version with half the box art dedicated to announcing it's a really budget release. Did the same for Ever17 afterwards and got exactly the same kind of results, except that also has a few dreamcast versions out of stock. Was there never a PC release over there or something? 11's only been out since March '04.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:27   Link #62
martino
makes no files now

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!!!

I just finished Tsugumi-Sora Bad End, as my first ending...I need emotional support *cries*

Spoiler for for ending:
Old 2006-09-15, 21:38   Link #63
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the ever 17 series is very old in japan. and usually they dont reprint these kind of games. i have the US PC version and the DC and NGPC one.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 07:24   Link #64
Grenthal

I've just finished this game with every possible ending (11 in total). It took me more than one week but.. damn... it was worth the time . I know it is a little offtopic but, dont you guys know more games similiar to this? (in english and without h-content ). Thx in advance
Grenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 09:33   Link #65
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Very old? I could've sworn it was from 2003?
Old 2006-09-17, 10:10   Link #66
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenthal
I've just finished this game with every possible ending (11 in total). It took me more than one week but.. damn... it was worth the time . I know it is a little offtopic but, dont you guys know more games similiar to this? (in english and without h-content ). Thx in advance
I'm no expert on the subject but I will say what I know...
In terms of genre, ever17 is pretty unique in the field as a mystery/romance/science fiction galgame. Although you can say higurashi, pheonix wright series and some nitro+'s game also have some mystery / horror / detective element in it, they are not exactly similar.
Ever17 belongs to the infinity series by KID, along with never 7 and remember 11. Neither of the latter two was as perfect as ever17 though... Never 7 was more like a thing tossed out to test the market, although the sales were quite good. And remember 11's scenario was said to be unfinished, and possibly for this reason the scenario writer (who also wrote memories off, memories off 2nd, never 7 and ever17) broke off from the company and went to help with C’s ware’s EVE series. Never 7 is available in Chinese, but not in English I assume. And no, there isn’t a PC release of remember 11 to date.

If you want English non-ero visual novels, then you will be looking at hirameki. Besides ever 17, Phantom of Inferno and Hourglass of Summer were said to be very good. And mind you, I’m not exactly sure if they cut out the ero-scenes. But since I didn’t see any “18 or older” banner on that site, I guess the games are clean.
Other notable titles may include narcissu by stage-nana and planetarian by KEY (think AIR and KANON), both are short touching stories that have been fan-translated. Planetarian you can get it for a reasonable price. Narcissu is available as free download over the Internet. And if you like it, be sure to watch out for Narcissu side #02, which is due out next month with English translation.

Why mind a little H anyway? Try DO’s kana little sister (translated by G-collection) when your parents aren’t looking. The amount of H you are getting from this game is minimal. And the story is great and likely to move you into tears. Check out Crescendo too if you like kana.
And finally… wind a breath of heart. I bet there is an army of people out there waiting for the public english patch to be released. So, join us x_X
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 12:18   Link #67
Grenthal

luckyovermind - Thanks for the information, I check revievs of titles you mentioned later . To tell You the truth I don't mind h-content in games when "ero" isn't main plot .. and by some strange reason, i've got hard times findings ones (except mentioned Kana). Thx again for titles and sorry for offtopic.
Grenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 20:15   Link #68
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!!!

I just finished Tsugumi-Sora Bad End, as my first ending...I need emotional support *cries*
I just got the same ending as my first one. Boy am I bummed. All that time spent and I get that as my reward.

I was trying for Tsugumi so that sucked.

I'm really enjoying the game, though. This is the first one I've played that I wanted to play again right after I finished. And I did. There are a lot more mysteries to find out about.

Oh, did anyone else have a problem with the voices? They don't play unless I select "sync voice with text" then it'll play once and the next line of text will take about 10 minutes to display. One character every 30 seconds or so.

Grenthal: Just to add to luckyovermind's post: Hourglass of Summer is a good one, and has no ero content. And I'd like to add Private Nurse to the list. It has ero scenes but it's not the focus (the title is very misleading in that respect). It's an emotional and somewhat mysterious story. There is a thread here about it. If you're looking for places to buy, Robert's Anime Corner Store sells most, if not all of the titles listed here (not including fan translations, of course).
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 21:51   Link #69
luckyovermind
hungry~

boy am I lucky then... I got sora's good end first (which is hella good). The thing is, with most renai / eroge / dating-sims, you got to be nice and warm to one girl while cold and mean to all the others, otherwise you are likely to get a bad ending. There are exceptions though...

About the voices, try asking hirameki for help. Mine runs just fine, with or without voice-text sync.

off-topic again: fan-translations are mostly doujin games... oh and nnl is going to release the wind build A patch IN A MATTER OF DAYS, since he did not have the time to correct all those 350 errors.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 11:49   Link #70
martino
makes no files now

You can't be really that nasty to any of the girls in Ever 17. Well, not as much as in other games.
Old 2006-09-28, 18:35   Link #71
TronDD
Team the box!

I guess I'm one of those indecisive, too nice to everybody, protagonists.

Hirameki had the sound problem covered:

Quote:
It has been confirmed that the voice files in EVER 17 -out of infinity-, which is now on sale, do not install properly.
It has become clear that the underlying problem is the "voice.dat" file on disk 4, which was not properly written to the CD, so we are currently making the file available for download. Only registered users can access the download page.
I thought 23 megs for the voice file of the entire game was ridiculous when the system sound file was twice that.
Old 2006-09-28, 19:17   Link #72
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Indeed, the correct size of the voice file is about 450mb. Downloading it from their website is pretty simple, as long as you have the game's box in hand.
Old 2006-09-28, 19:56   Link #73
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hourglass of summer is indeed good, but I like Ai's scenario so much that I can't bear to play the other girls' scenarios. Childhood friends always win; well at least in my mind. Phantom of the Inferno has been sung high praises as well, but my box is still sealed like almost all games of Hirameki since I'm busy with other things (I purchased all of Hirameki's games apart from Exodus Guilty vol 2, which I'll wait until the third comes out to get my copy). XD

As for other games, if one doesn't mind ero content, my favorite games are Crescendo, Kana, and Figures of Happiness, in that order. Heard G-Collections shut down though, which is a shame since all three are from them. So if that's true then all three are going to get harder to have a copy of the later one waits, so snag it while they're in stock IMO.

For weird games, X-change 1-3 are all interesting. Snow Drop made me cry, and so did Private Nurse (Childhood friends FTW again!).

And looking at my collection, I can't believe I spent so much money on them. My poor wallet, especially since the Hours Played per Dollar ratio is very poor for these kind of games (the ero ones at least). ^^;

One thing about Hirameki though, don't get Anima Mundi. Even with the patch, it's still unplayable by my standards (pokemon engrained the 'gotta catch them all' to my head), which IS a shame since it features famous voice actors like Horie Yui and that guy who did Athrun. Though some fangirls might want to overlook the fact that it's still buggy, since a female friend I lent it to still had no problems getting all the endings since the bishies were just... er... bishie-looking. ^^;

Finally, to get back on topic, I just like to say Sora's scenario just plain sucks. Sure I'm a bit biased (robot girls does not jive with my moe), but her scenario just doesn't fit with the other three.

Spoiler for for You, VERY BIG:

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still a Tsubumi fan first and foremost. (Gahh!! Her hair!! Drool...)

Spoiler for for Nin! Nin! girl:

Oh yeah, quite hard to believe that that's the same VA as Tohsaka Rin in F/Sn. ^^;

All in all though, a great game. Third favorite, behind Crescendo and Kana, both of which ranks higher because they made me cry more. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 05:46   Link #74
kinniku_man
masked man

Yuu=Sakura
Tsugumi=Rider
Sara=Rin

same voice^^;
kinniku_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 18:06   Link #75
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

What? theres a voice patch out for ever 17 now?

edit: oh thats on the website lol need to check out this cg patch thing too.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:56   Link #76
TronDD
Team the box!

Ok, I went through again and got a Tsugumi ending. I don't know if it was a good ending or a bad ending but it sure wasn't a happy ending.

I tried playing through it again to get the epilogue but that didn't happen. I don't know what gives. I don't know if it wasn't the right ending or if I did something else wrong.
Old 2006-10-12, 18:04   Link #77
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
Ok, I went through again and got a Tsugumi ending. I don't know if it was a good ending or a bad ending but it sure wasn't a happy ending.

I tried playing through it again to get the epilogue but that didn't happen. I don't know what gives. I don't know if it wasn't the right ending or if I did something else wrong.
It probably was the right ending.

If you wanna find out more about the characters, keep playing, unlock Coco's path, and play that. It's worth it.
Old 2006-10-12, 18:20   Link #78
TronDD
Team the box!

Looking at the flow chart for Tsugumi's good ending, I didn't follow it exactly.

What I got was:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-13, 00:41   Link #79
◕‿‿◕

That's the Tsugumi good ending.

If you wanna find out more, you have to keep playing. The story is a lot...bigger than it seems at first.
Old 2006-10-13, 00:42   Link #80
alpha3six
913-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
Looking at the flow chart for Tsugumi's good ending, I didn't follow it exactly.

What I got was:
Spoiler:
You got the good ending. Compare it to the bad ending and you'll see why it's the good ending. As for the epilogue

Spoiler:
alpha3six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel