Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 07:19   Link #161
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There can only be one explanation. Aizen must be Ichigo's dead mother.
LOL, "I am your mother!!!" starwars style...........
Old 2010-03-19, 07:19   Link #162
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
After reading the chapter, I have to wonder why Kubo made Aizen even MORE hax, they finally had a chance to at least hurt him a bit, he could survive even without the auto-regen...Not even going to bother questioning how Aizen knew about Ichigo's hollowification, which Byakuya hadn't reported, and his fights with GJ and Ulq, which nobody else was attending. If Aizen doesn't disperse from the volatile nature of the hogyoku, I'll be recruiting assassins over at Kubo's
I can answer the part you're not bothering with: All of Ichigo's major fights in Soul Society took place while Aizen was supposedly dead. With everyone under the effects of Complete Hypnosis, Aizen easily could have watched all of Ichigo's fights without anyone noticing. As for Grimmjow, it has already been demonstrated that there is a surveillance system of sorts in Las Noches. Aizen easily could have played spectator to Ichigo's fight through that. As for Aizen's new hax, I figure the most logical place to keep the thing is on his person if he's so powerful.
Old 2010-03-19, 07:24   Link #163
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ichigo wasn't/isn't under hypnosis, so at least HE would see Aizen even if everyone else couldn't...and he was already in FKT during Ichigo VS Ulquiorra, not sure if he had left during the GJ fight.
Old 2010-03-19, 08:19   Link #164
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
what i found the most funny was that they tried to make it a point to look like aizen can be hurt, damaged, even killed.

but in the end, no matter what, if he ever got cut, he would just heal because he had a hidden hax. damn its beautiful.

when people worried about his arm being burnt....didnt mean nothing, would have just healed.....got sliced in half, vertical style.....means nothing.......if he got his head cut off, prob grow a new body.

the dude is a god, everytime hes on page, he should never show any fear because we as readers dont even fear anything being done to him. hes hurt, gets healed, he dies, its someone else.

when bleach is over and aizen is dead, ill still go....nope, hes off in some town, bored saying his sword acted like him for 1k years and hes been playing with a yo-yo.
Old 2010-03-19, 08:43   Link #165
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
when bleach is over and aizen is dead, ill still go....nope, hes off in some town, bored saying his sword acted like him for 1k years and hes been playing with a yo-yo.
Lol XD. Good one.
Old 2010-03-19, 09:06   Link #166
Fran~
floating away...

Quite a troll Kubo eh?...

Just to be honest, if you read Naruto you can't help but to think how much Kishi loves Sasuke... but Kubo has no comparison... seriously
Old 2010-03-19, 09:27   Link #167
Calca
Expressionless

Urahara: Good news everyone! I finally completed a remote self destruct device for the Hyougoku!

Aizen: ...just as planned!
Old 2010-03-19, 09:40   Link #168
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, eventually Aizen's gonna come out and say "Actually, I've never had any plan whatsoever. I've been winging it since day one..."
Old 2010-03-19, 10:06   Link #169
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know, eventually Aizen's gonna come out and say "Actually, I've never had any plan whatsoever. I've been winging it since day one..."
lol... Aizen saying YHBT.
Old 2010-03-19, 10:07   Link #170
Langus
Optimus Prime

You know, this "just as planned" reminds me a lot of Vizzini's "Inconveivable!" and he got his in the end. Maybe there is hope after all?
Old 2010-03-19, 10:19   Link #171
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I got a feeling Ichigo's reiatsu is somehow going to factor in Aizen's plans to unlock the gate to king of soul society.
Old 2010-03-19, 11:14   Link #172
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i dont see whats the reason behind Ichigo not been affected by Kyoka suigetsu,Aizen is using Tsukuyomi on everyone and even planted the Eye of the moon plan during the SS arc,and wassup with yamaji trolling and defeated in less than 2 chapters rofl.
Old 2010-03-19, 12:48   Link #173
Vinak
Procrastinator

After actually reading the chapter, it makes a whole lot more sense. At least with the translation I have available to me.

Aizen hadn't "planned" each of ichigo's battles. He is simply reiterating past events that have affected Ichigo's development.

Upon being introduced to Ichigo, he had adjusted his plan to further Ichigo's development. I suspect he wants to use Ichigo as a single sacrifice for his king's key opposed to using an entire city.

Unfortunately for Aizen, he is unaware of Ichigo's second level of hollowfication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There can only be one explanation. Aizen must be Ichigo's dead mother.
funny enough, I was musing the same thing. (before reading the chapter)

but this might be a better explanation..
Old 2010-03-19, 13:15   Link #174
Nite-Wing

Aizen is the worst mindfreak in this manga.
Nothing makes sense anymore and its becoming ever so clear that Kubo is just making it up as he goes along.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:32   Link #175
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You know, this "just as planned" reminds me a lot of Vizzini's "Inconveivable!" and he got his in the end. Maybe there is hope after all?
I looked it up and apparently the "just as planned" translation isn't quite accurate, it's actualy meant to be "just as expected".

All explained here.

Basically, it was added for comedic value (well achieved).

Also, to quote sheetz

Quote:
... What Aizen actually says in the last frame is "Your battles up till now are in the palm of my hand." Present tense, not past tense. MS translation is incorrect.

The reason this is relevant is that I think Aizen is speaking metaphorically, referring to Ichigo's reitsu he's currently holding in his hand. HE'S NOT SAYING HE MANIPULATED ALL OF ICHIGO'S PREVIOUS BATTLES. Rather, he's saying that Ichigo's reiatsu represents the cumulative effects of those previous battles, and is now under Aizen's control.
Some more insight which I liked by qwirky

Quote:
It seems likely that Aizen is referring to Ichigo's current reiatsu level/strength - some of which he is currently holding in his hand - as the summation of all of Ichigo's past battles. However, that doesn't explain 1) Aizen saying earlier that he had "planned" Ichigo's growth or 2) why Ichigo is starting to freak out (mask cracking).

Essentially, I think that even if MS's translation of that line is slightly off, and Aizen in that moment is literally referring to the reiatsu in his hand as the metaphoric accumulation of all Ichigo's past battles, that doesn't change much, since the literal meaning of his words isn't the only thing Aizen is trying to convey to Ichigo. Aizen is trying to mess with Ichigo and wants Ichigo to think that all of his growth has been the result of Aizen's planning.

Of course, that's what you first said, but I disagree with the argument that Aizen isn't actually claiming to have manipulated Ichigo's growth in any way. I think we, as the readers, and Ichigo are supposed to think Aizen is claiming to have been responsible for Ichigo's growth in some way. I really don't see any other reason for Aizen to list all of those battles in response to Ichigo's "What?"; it might be a bit disturbing to Ichigo that Aizen knows so much about him, but if the only understanding Ichigo was supposed to gain was that Aizen is kind of a creepy stalker, that wouldn't have caused his mask to crack.

That said, in my opinion, we, as readers, are supposed to call BS on Aizen insinuating he's responsible for Ichigo's growth, or at least question how much of that claim is true. (For example, I say "no" to SS arc and before, but I think everything post-SS arc is plausible.) Ichigo, on the other hand, isn't in his right mind, and he ISN'T calling BS when he should be; that's what Aizen knows and is banking on.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:40   Link #176
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Aizen is the worst mindfreak in this manga.
Nothing makes sense anymore and its becoming ever so clear that Kubo is just making it up as he goes along.
Made sense to me, pretty much like how Vinak said, Aizen adjusted his plan because he was intrigued by Ichigo upon finding out Rukia had given her powers to him back in the beginning. I was a bit stumped myself at first when he mentioned Ishida, but then went "duh..." I'm pretty sure he came to the conclusion when he found out a Quincy was with Ichigo's group when they went to SS.

It seems Aizen is unaware of, how Ichigo defeated Ulquiorra and that Ichigo has what seems to be a 2nd stage transformation.

Also..@Kakashi, I know you're quoting someone else, but I don't see where Ichigo's mask cracked

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-03-19 at 13:52.
Old 2010-03-19, 13:55   Link #177
Vinak
Procrastinator

if Qwirky's explanation is true, than Ichigo could potentially interpret this as Aizen being directly responsible for his mother's death. Which in turn could provoke Ichigo into his berserk mode. Aizen's plan to unsettle Ichigo could backfire on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Also..@Kakashi, I know you're quoting someone else, but I don't see where Ichigo's mask cracked
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-03-19, 14:39   Link #178
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think mask mastery refers more to the time limit: Ichigo's mask would normally crack at 11s, but he kept it on fragment by fragment in that fight, somehow getting over this weakness of his.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:40   Link #179
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Ryuuken said that Isshin was a horrible father, and Isshin said he knew

both of them, knew everything from the beginning I guess

what we still don't know what it is... what it is that Aizen wants with Ichigo
Old 2010-03-19, 14:45   Link #180
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I hate how omniscient Aizen can be at times.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter thread, manga