Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-12, 19:17   Link #1421
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
--.. --- -- -... .. . ... / .- .-. . / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. .-.-.- / .... .. -.. . / -.-- .- / -.- .. -.. ... ? / .... .. -.. . / -.-- .- / .-- .. ..-. . ... ?

I found that online :P
It's all Morse to me.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:36   Link #1422
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
It's all Morse to me.
You need some moss-cleaning solution in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
--.. --- -- -... .. . ... / .- .-. . / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. .-.-.- / .... .. -.. . / -.-- .- / -.- .. -.. ... ? / .... .. -.. . / -.-- .- / .-- .. ..-. . ... ?

I found that online :P
TL : Zombies are coming. Hide ya kids. Hide ya wives.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:37   Link #1423
Lost Cause

I know it's ancient, but what about short-wave radios or "Ham radios"?
No, definetly no to paper planes! We might run out of toilet paper and need paper for more important things!@~@!

Ride, Boldly Ride!

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2010-09-13 at 06:47.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:37   Link #1424
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Teach me the Morse Code o.o..... Please....
Old 2010-09-12, 21:44   Link #1425
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Teach me the Morse Code o.o..... Please....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_c...ing_Morse_Code

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 21:47   Link #1426
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lol.

'Cause they be snatching errbody up!
Old 2010-09-12, 21:49   Link #1427
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
The Morse Code is certainly confusing to understand and implant into your brain
Old 2010-09-12, 22:14   Link #1428
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
its that or you will shout the message for the others to relay. not a good idea.

how about messing with the TV station? we wont broadcast our message via speech in front of the camera but we can create a code to send around. NOT THE MORSE CODE PLEASE.

we can post the cesarean code.

instead of the original ABC, you replace ABC with XYZ. the pattern with that will be then:

ABCDE
becomes
XYZAB

got it?
Old 2010-09-12, 22:17   Link #1429
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's pretty impressive when you think of the fact that there are people today (mostly ham radio operators or military personnel) that can understand Morse Code by LISTENING to it. Now that's mind-boggling.
Old 2010-09-13, 01:20   Link #1430
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
The majority of people in America nowadays don't even know S.O.S. in morse code, let alone anything else. Needless to say, it would be an ideal way of communication if you didn't want others to listen in on you.
Old 2010-09-13, 04:48   Link #1431
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
The majority of people in America nowadays don't even know S.O.S. in morse code
I think that goes for the majority of people in general, not just Americans Anyway, wired communications should be impossible considering the network damage (just imagine the amount of cars crashed on relays/pillars), unless we use an expensive underground one, which would be limited due to costs though...How about using a satellite radio system instead?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 10:52   Link #1432
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea, sayin the majority of people in america is kinda being ... rude.
Old 2010-09-13, 11:04   Link #1433
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yea, sayin the majority of people in america is kinda being ... rude.
Is it? the majority of Americans have a serious lack of common sense. I'd say a majority of them don't even know how to change their own oil, or change their own fuel/air filters.
Old 2010-09-13, 11:13   Link #1434
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Is it? the majority of Americans have a serious lack of common sense. I'd say a majority of them don't even know how to change their own oil, or change their own fuel/air filters.
When knowing how to change oil or their fuel/air filter becomed commond sence?
I would have put those skill into being practical than commond sence ... but it's comming from a guy than don't have a car so that might influence my opinion.
Old 2010-09-13, 11:26   Link #1435
james0246

Basic car maintenance should be common sense (in America at least, considering that the vast majority of families own a car)...though I'm not sure what a fuel filter is ... Despite forsaking my car, I still know how to change the oil, the tires, even replace a spark plug, etc (all the stuff that requires little to no technical experience).

And for those worried about learning S.O.S., just go and watch Panic Room. Flashlight S.O.S. is a big part of the 2nd act of the film...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 11:49   Link #1436
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
When knowing how to change oil or their fuel/air filter becomed commond sence?
I would have put those skill into being practical than commond sence ... but it's comming from a guy than don't have a car so that might influence my opinion.
There is over 300 million Americans here. I'd venture to say there's over 150 million cars registered. Considering an oil change is critical to a car's longevity, and the abundance of quicky lubes and other oil change places, also factoring in the inability to change your own oil at most apartments/condos, is it that far fetched to believe that most Americans don't know basic maintenance on their cars?

We don't have the public transit system like Europe has. We have huge freeways and highways. We rely on our cars more than any other nation in the world. Everyday I see people on the side of the freeway with a flat tire, waiting for a tow truck, because they either don't know how to change a flat, or their spare tire kit hasn't been inspected and won't work.

Americans are lazy and enjoy their ignorance. As long as everything works, they don't care how or why it works.

Fortunately there are still some who try and learn all of these things, but that percentage of the total population gets smaller and smaller with every year...

Why am I bringing any of this up? Because when the crap hits the fan, the majority of people out there aren't going to know what to do for long term survival. Only those who do any kind of preparation and planning, are going to have a clue. And those that don't know, will go to us for help(and possibly steal what we have).
Old 2010-09-13, 13:02   Link #1437
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
though I'm not sure what a fuel filter is
I believe it's an exhaust addon made of Palladium/Platinum/Rhodium and reduces the sulfur and nitric oxides etc. that cause heavy air pollution. They need maintenance though, you can tell one's gone bad from the stench that comes outta the exhaust.
I was also under the impression that during the theoretical examinations, people are taught everything about a car, including what each wheel and rod does as well as the five tanks (coolant water, oil, battery, breaks and water for the windscreen) and how to refill the ones you can...am I wrong?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:36   Link #1438
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Has it been established what kind of zombies the outbreak will produce and what kind of environment we will be surviving?

Zombie Speed
Are the zombies runners or shamblers? Or is there a mix between fast and slow zombies depending on the level of decomposition?

Zombie Intelligence
What is the intelligence level of the zombies? Do they lack any form of brain activity (asides from the need to feed)? Do they have a rudimentary understanding of tool use (holding blunt objects, opening doors) or are they more intelligent and able to communicate and coordinate attacks?

Zombie Physiology
What about the actual strength and durability of the zombies? Are they, for the most part, easy to destroy with sub-human level strength and endurance, or do they possess greater strength and are able to survive brutal environments (tropical, submerged under sea water, or arctic with no visible setbacks)?

Infection
What about the zombie pathogen itself? How does infection spread? Will it be strictly blood to blood, or is there an airborn element? How quickly does the pathogen spread through a human host? Do all corpses return as a zombie, or only those who die from the virus? And, if the cause of the zombie invasion isn't biological, then what are the other explanations?
How quickly will the zombies overtake civilization? Is it going to be a slow process that goes unnoticed until the last moment, or a literal over-night invasion that takes the entire world by surprise?

Sustained Civilization
Lastly, how devastating of an apocalypse are we looking at? Will it be the utter ruin of human civilization where the human population is infinitesimal compared to the zombie population, or is it an initial outbreak? Will we have a working infrastructure, or will power lines and electricity be down?

My worst case scenario would be zombies that are fast, smart, have greater physical strength and durability, with the virus being airborne and the zombie population greatly surpassing humans. Global infrastructure is non-existent, making communication long distance impossible. There is no power or fuel, at least not enough to be sustainable.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:18   Link #1439
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

diabolistic makes a good point We dint even think of the possibilities of what the zombies will be like.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:13   Link #1440
Lost Cause

I'm sorry to say it, but I have to agree with @ justinstrife! Americans have this "disposable mindset", that is if it don't work get a new on! And only till the recent economic upset did we start to learn to maintain what we had, so we could save our money for more important things.
Sorry Kafriel but yeah your wrong. Most drivers today couldn't find the dipstick if their life depended on it! And I'm not sure if they do teach basic automotive care in drivers education anymore.
I got taught by my eldest brother and Daddy at an early age the workings of a car and how to maintain it. Problem is nowadays you have to properly dispose of the old fluids in proper containers as per EPA regulations! So you or I doing it oursleves is a good thing (and saves money) you still gotta take the stuff to a filling station or somewhere to dispose of it, you just can't chuck it over the hill!
Same goes for firearms! Can you take your weapon apart and clean it, lube it, check for wear or breakage? I doubt most of us can, I can't. That's what gunsmiths are for.
And like Justin said: Unfortunatly we will have to deal with the "freeloaders" and unprepared folks too.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies