AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 16:41   Link #181
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, now it's got me. Some great turns of voice from HanaKana, but the line that I liked best, in its context, was...
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 21:25   Link #182
satomianzaki

this series is surprisingly really good...its really nice...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 22:34   Link #183
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 3:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 23:31   Link #184
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Eight more episodes from being one of the absolute best of 2010.

Just ... wow.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 02:31   Link #185
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for ep3 reply:
Old 2010-11-05, 03:50   Link #186
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

This is easily one of my favorite series in the last few years. I'm hooked.
My favorite part of episode 3 was
Spoiler:

Also, the opening and ending sequences are great.. I wonder if the singles are out yet...

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 07:28   Link #187
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There can only be one appropriate response to post-makeover Tsukimi.

Spoiler for The appropriate response.:

Blog post to follow.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 09:47   Link #188
aviot

Though collapsing ,EP.3 is good.
I like this show
aviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 10:05   Link #189
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Just to clear things up, I assume those are freckles on Tsukimi's face, right? I doubt acne would clear up that well with just make-up.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:29   Link #190
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Beauty and the Beasts.

1. Kuranosuke's cross dressing and rejections seem to be ultimately grounded on his mother issues. Specifically, it seems to me that this is really his way of indirectly getting closer to her, symbolized by adopting the fashion sense he thinks his mother had. This delves deeper into the mystery as to why their mother isn't around. Furthermore, I find it intriguing that Shu called their mother by her first name, which indicates a degree of emotional distance.

2. She convinces herself so hard that she's ugly, that beauty is beyond her grasp, yet she even denies it when she sees her own self become that which she fears and rejects the most. This isn't simple lack of self esteem; this feels psychological in its core. She seems to completely and adamantly reject beauty in any and all its forms within her, and sees it to exist only outside the real world. It extends towards the outside world, that she fears beauty outside. This makes me think without a doubt that it must be a real psychological issue she faces, and probably the rest of the tenants as well. There is something about beauty itself that she thinks must be feared. Again, this may extend towards an unresolved issue with her parents, but it's becoming clear just how deep the roots of this fear are.

3. The apartment was clearly developed as a safe haven for people like them. I don't know if this is really such a real and profound social phenomena, though I won't deny there are people who really act as such. It all feels like a very organized and constructed lifestyle, so it all seems to go deeper than initially thought.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:36   Link #191
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for episode 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Just to clear things up, I assume those are freckles on Tsukimi's face, right? I doubt acne would clear up that well with just make-up.
Definitely freckles. She had them when she was a kid too.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Furthermore, I find it intriguing that Shu called their mother by her first name, which indicates a degree of emotional distance.
As I said above, that's because they don't have the same mothers. He didn't just refer to her by her first name, he used the honorific "san". Tsukimi saying the two brothers look nothing alike was another hint.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:53   Link #192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I find that strange actually. If they are indeed half brothers, given the politically centered family and that both brothers are under the same roof, it's not likely that Kuranosuke is a mistress' son. It could be that he's from the second wife.

Furthermore since he's younger, why isn't the mother at home? If he's the second wife's son, then assuming the first wife is dead, why is he in the family mansion without his mother?
Old 2010-11-05, 11:40   Link #193
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Kuranosuke's attire this week was very lovely, though i much prefer him with the longer hair, so i'm glad that returned at the end of the episode :3. I'm very interested with his interest toward his Mother, so i hope that plays out in the 8 episodes left of the series. Guessing the redevelopment of the Nun's place will be the next focus.

Oh and the random Takehito Koyasu role made me laugh.
Old 2010-11-05, 13:03   Link #194
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm imagining that Kuranosuke's mother is or was an entertainer, judging by the photo and the full closet. That would mean she was most likely a mistress, and the difficulty of contacting her is because her relationship with the father is being hidden deeply for political reasons.

I'm not a big fan of the broader humour in this show -- the uncle and the Three Kingdoms otaku, for example -- but other scenes were great: where the older brother couldn't bring himself to ask about Tsukimi, for example.

Objecting to the nunz' lifestyle seems beside the point, to me. One of the whole points of this show is contrasting freedom (nunz and crossdressers) with restrictive conformity (Kuranosuke's family), and showing the downsides of both. The nunz' life is joyful and sad at the same time. They justified it in the show by referring to the high unemployment rate and the comparative wealth of their parents' generation. But it really needs no justification, as part of the drama. And I'm sure there are thousands of otaku, in Japan and abroad, who live that way: cheaply on an allowance plus part-time work.

I guess some of the other nunz are older, but Tsukimi said in ep1 that she was 18.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 13:14   Link #195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I guess some of the other nunz are older, but Tsukimi said in ep1 that she was 18.
I'd say Mayaya is probably in her late 20s, and Chieko looks older. I'd say early 30s.

Jiji's appearance is quite deceiving, though going by her fetish, i can see her being younger then she looks.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:06   Link #196
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm imagining that Kuranosuke's mother is or was an entertainer, judging by the photo and the full closet. That would mean she was most likely a mistress, and the difficulty of contacting her is because her relationship with the father is being hidden deeply for political reasons.
That's what I think too. The truth about his birth was probably kept hidden from the public. I find it a bit odd it wasn't hidden from him as well.
Old 2010-11-06, 09:51   Link #197
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Or, as someone else suggested, she may just have been a one-night stand that produced Kuranosuke. But you guys are probably right.

Kuragehime - 03

It's pretty late, but I've gone through three drafts to write it ... there's still a lot to be said, however.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:25   Link #198
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I still don't think he's a bastard son of sorts, because based on my understanding of political dynasties, it makes no sense for him to be in the mansion in a culture where honor and perception means everything. He would be considered a hindrance or an unwanted person, and Shu's apparent fondness of him means they've probably been together a while.

And those clothes he's wearing might not even be his but his mother's, which may suggest that his mother actually lived in the mansion at some point.
Old 2010-11-06, 10:40   Link #199
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of the broader humour in this show -- the uncle and the Three Kingdoms otaku, for example -- but other scenes were great: where the older brother couldn't bring himself to ask about Tsukimi, for example.

Objecting to the nunz' lifestyle seems beside the point, to me. One of the whole points of this show is contrasting freedom (nunz and crossdressers) with restrictive conformity (Kuranosuke's family), and showing the downsides of both. The nunz' life is joyful and sad at the same time. They justified it in the show by referring to the high unemployment rate and the comparative wealth of their parents' generation. But it really needs no justification, as part of the drama. And I'm sure there are thousands of otaku, in Japan and abroad, who live that way: cheaply on an allowance plus part-time work.

Must be nice to live in a country with low health care costs and government sponsored insurance...No way you could pull this off in the states without a good solid job or you really would be a very large burden on your family if something ever happened to you...

Ah well I somehow doubt they'll delve too far into it...I shall just enjoy lovely dolled up Tsukimi~~~ (Wonder if that extreme makeover would work on the others...I have my doubts. )

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 11:41   Link #200
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So Kuronosuke tries to pair off Shu with Tsukimi. Not interested in girls himself? Or just not interested in Tsukimi? Or too shy in matters of romance to pursue her?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance