AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-21, 03:10   Link #221
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd stop wasting my time with him, his posts make me miss the real arguments we used to have, like when the shipping threads were still alive.

*pours a drink for his homies that are no longer here*
Old 2011-01-21, 04:23   Link #222
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Or Kenpachi's I just barely one against Ichigo to oh look two hands now I can beat released number 5 Espada who is stronger than the guy Ichigo had a bit of trouble with even with his mask. Then to Ichigo just got another hollow power up but he can barely nick Yammy but Kenpachi can slice him like hot butter.

Trying to understand Bleach power levels takes a mental capacity neither the author or any human has.
well, for me the explanation that zaraki beat his opponent because he used his kendo (with two hands instead of just one) was plain ridiculous! i actually expected something more from him, like a shikai maybe? i understand that kubo wrote him to be the most powerful SOB out there that he doesn't need to call forth his zanpakutou, but i think most of us who have been reading this manga since the beginning secretly wanted or hoped that someday he would acknowledge his zanpakutou's powers. don't know about you guys but i want to see his shikai and bankai. if he's that powerful without his sword's powers just imagine what kind of a monster he would be if he called forth his zanpakutou. if he did just that while fighting the espada then it would have made more sense. just my two cents.
Old 2011-01-21, 09:39   Link #223
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post

Because you know a friend asked me to join here and see if I could inject some life into this bitch because the discussion threads have gone to shit. Now it's full of one liners and haters and random shit

I am an otaku. I want to do otaku things. I wanna speculate. I have theories I wanna toss around. Oh god you are my last hope here..
Well yeah, the atmosphere of the thread has changed alot (since the TBTP arc IMO). But it's typical for the direction of the conversation to wander, especially when there's no weekly chapter.

The new arc is still really just beginning. It feels like big things are on the horizon but it also seems like a lot of things were just swept away (the vizards, Grimm, Nel) which really rubbed a few people the wrong way. I think the real meat of the upcoming arc will be the explanation of Isshin's past. I imagine Kubo put a fair amount of thought into it, since Isshin being a shinigami was apparently part of his plan for the story from day one.

Old 2011-01-21, 12:17   Link #224
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
<Pedantry>
I don't quite think it was "Day one", considering in the pilot, Orihime died, and Rukia was three inches tall </Pedantry>

@Pandemonium: There's rarely enough IN a Bleach chapter to discuss for a week, let alone two. More to your point, you're saying that you like it and for us to let you talk about it - no one's forcing you to respond to us bashing it - in fact, by asking us to stop, you're attempting to deny us what you ask for yourself.

If you want to talk "Bleach-related" talk - Plus one to Ichigo's harem?
Old 2011-01-21, 14:58   Link #225
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Amazon.com
im banned from going within 5 meters of my dad credit card since i discovered online shopping....

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-01-21, 15:11   Link #226
Alchemist007
*Author

Makes sense.

If you have cash, you can buy those Visa gift cards, they work just as well from what I hear.
Old 2011-01-21, 17:40   Link #227
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

It's all right to want to inject some life into these threads, but being closed minded is not the right way to do it.
Old 2011-01-22, 09:51   Link #228
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I'd stop wasting my time with him, his posts make me miss the real arguments we used to have, like when the shipping threads were still alive.

I was trying to do something similar to that Mr. DJ...but you won't let!!!!!

Believe or not....I am a really fun person to have around in your forum

Edit: Thanks for green repping me with insult .... Made me laugh-- something I haven't done here yet (except when laughing at my own jokes. What can I say....I crack me up!)

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2011-01-22 at 16:33.
Old 2011-01-22, 13:44   Link #229
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Aizen is not a senior, the only other senior would be Yoruichi and perhaps the captains of the vizard squat.

Well it actually depends on how Senior would be classified but since Aizen is not even above certain captains from the vaizard squat he definitley wouldn't be rank wise, in skill/powerwise definitley
No even when Aizen isn't a senior he still is one
Those fights were not that short, considering some of them fought two or three opponents during them
Quote:
The thing is. They said that Aizen rated them by how well they kill. In the flashback Starrk had piles of bodies. More than any of the other hollow body count that we saw in the flash backs. Aizen went " Oh happy happy..Joy Joy" and ranked him at the top without ever seeing him fight

He never saw any of them fight. He didn't know Starrk was a pacifist and it was a test
He said he wanted to "see if they were greater than himself. Because he needed to get to the Spirit King's realm "(Indicative that it was indeed a test) Aizen is also a research analyst (like Urahara) and mad scientist (Like Mayuri) He learns . through trial and error. If they fail, he just goes to plan B, C, D, E...etc etc.
But it was Kubo who made it like that. The top 3 fight was a little long, but not really looking at how long the actual arc was
Old 2011-01-22, 16:35   Link #230
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post

But it was Kubo who made it like that. The top 3 fight was a little long, but not really looking at how long the actual arc was
Hah? I don't understand...

That arc wasn't that short and neither were those fights. Hell Shunsui and Starrk talked for a lot of chapters...before either of them fought.

*bangs head on the desk!*

So there is no one who wants to have a serious discussion that isn't about Aizen...hah

This is way too depressing
...I give up! (yeah I know I said that mad times) Oh..how the mighty have fallen...
Old 2011-01-22, 17:03   Link #231
secretzfan
*Fansubber

But look at the battle it didn't last very long at all
Old 2011-01-22, 19:00   Link #232
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I can barely keep up with number 6 espada who Grimmi OHKO to oh look I can actually fight on par with the released number 3 espada who is much stronger than Grimmi.

Or Kenpachi's I just barely one against Ichigo to oh look two hands now I can beat released number 5 Espada who is stronger than the guy Ichigo had a bit of trouble with even with his mask. Then to Ichigo just got another hollow power up but he can barely nick Yammy but Kenpachi can slice him like hot butter.

Trying to understand Bleach power levels takes a mental capacity neither the author or any human has.
I have to disagree with most of this post. When Hitsu fought replacement number 6 (Luppi I think is his name) he couldn't keep up until he removed his limiter.
And Kenpachi was wrecking, I mean absoultly destroying Ichigo until they went full power strike (at which point they evened out). Then his defeat of Number 5 Espada makes sense too: He used real form and technique to increase the amount of damage put into an attack.

Ichigo fought against Yami after he just got out of a fight that he nearly died in, and with a mask he can't fully wield. It makes sense he shouldn't have been able to take him. As for Kenpachi he got beat up by Nnoitra, but we don't know how that fight truelly went down and with Byakuya on your side, the job will get done.

The power levels do fluctuate some but that's with all anime.
Old 2011-01-23, 15:09   Link #233
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post

Amen, bro! *bottoms up*

@ Lord of Pandemonium - the "Ignore List" will become your best friend when it comes to certain individuals. There is no reasoning with them and they are prolific. Just add their name and enjoy the peace
Old 2011-01-23, 17:48   Link #234
Alchemist007
*Author

I know I have.
Old 2011-01-23, 18:27   Link #235
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
I have to disagree with most of this post. When Hitsu fought replacement number 6 (Luppi I think is his name) he couldn't keep up until he removed his limiter.
And Kenpachi was wrecking, I mean absoultly destroying Ichigo until they went full power strike (at which point they evened out). Then his defeat of Number 5 Espada makes sense too: He used real form and technique to increase the amount of damage put into an attack.

Ichigo fought against Yami after he just got out of a fight that he nearly died in, and with a mask he can't fully wield. It makes sense he shouldn't have been able to take him. As for Kenpachi he got beat up by Nnoitra, but we don't know how that fight truelly went down and with Byakuya on your side, the job will get done.

The power levels do fluctuate some but that's with all anime.
I think a lot of people here aren't really trying to make sense of the Bleach levels. The Hueco Mundo restart was the best part of the entire arc. The power levels make sense
Old 2011-01-24, 15:57   Link #236
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
...Hueco...Mundo...restart? Wait what.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:03   Link #237
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
...Hueco...Mundo...restart? Wait what.
I dunno where I'm going with this...

Old 2011-01-25, 02:32   Link #238
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

"ichigo wakes up after having been rendered unconscious after having nell in adult form almost strangle him to death. everything that happened beyond that point was all in his head. there was no condom aizen. gin doesn't have a million mile long million mile an hour poisonous bankai. kenpachi has a bankai. soifon's bankai isn't a freaking missile. it never happened".

story continues.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-01-25, 08:59   Link #239
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

I see Kubo is trying to save the planet by recycling his work.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:12   Link #240
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
cant wait till orhime comes in and we have a cat fight over Ichi