Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-13, 23:33   Link #341
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
and, damn it, that "No" was quite cute
Could I get a timestamp on that? Other people mentioned it, but I somehow missed it and haven't been able to find it.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:07   Link #342
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Could I get a timestamp on that? Other people mentioned it, but I somehow missed it and haven't been able to find it.
Sorry, I'd have to stream the whole episode again to find it. I know it's somewhere in the second half, that's all.

EDIT: Okay, I felt industrious. It's at 12:15.

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2011-08-14 at 09:23.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 12:04   Link #343
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Sorry, I'd have to stream the whole episode again to find it. I know it's somewhere in the second half, that's all.

EDIT: Okay, I felt industrious. It's at 12:15.
Ah, thank you.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 20:58   Link #344
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Book of Wisdom & Queen of the Night

Gone away the previous two weeks due to a business trip but returned.

On-Topic

It was unexpected that we got two stories in one episode, nevertheless, it was a pleasurable surprise.

Now, I won't start comparisons in this episode regarding GOSICK, because of Camilla's character getting introduced in the story between Huey and Dalian.

As far as I am observing Dalian, she's more of demanding attention and hating being ignored, hence, the motives for all the tantrums she mischievously played on Huey and Camilla, later.

Spoiler for Book of Wisdom:

Spoiler for Queen of the Night:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 01:55   Link #345
Jarmel

The way that magician looked at the key implies who the next target will be. My guess is that this was setup in that it introduces real magicians and magic other than the books and sets up the series villain as well.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 00:55   Link #346
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I looked at the OP/Website for the two other
Spoiler for LN comparison:
Camilla's cowboy suit and straight hair is missed.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:57   Link #347
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Book of Soul Exchange

Misery

That's what I thought for the plot of the fourth episode. The difference is that Paula Dickinson is a beauty in contrast to Annie Wilkes, but on the inside both women are wacko, looney, and dangerous.

Torture with death and resurrection day in and day out.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 23:15   Link #348
dark998

Poor guys, friendzoned at the very last second.

And first Dantalian episode with a such a strong antagonist figure. Given the episodic nature I thought he was going to get killed off by the Phantom Book combo, but he managed to get away.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 13:42   Link #349
Midonin
Last Engage

That was an interesting change of pace. We knew there were other Biblioprincesses out there, and both of them appeared this week. One of the pair was only via flashback, but it still counts. Hal and Flam are... somewhat different from Huey and Dalian. A lot snarkier with each other. Flam's method of book summoning is freaky. Way freaky. On the other hand, Hal's got a literary version of Raising Heart, so it's a wash.

I was impressed how many voices I recognized this week without looking at the credits - Ami Koshimizu as Flam, Sayuri Yahagi as Ras in the flashback, and Rina Hidaka as Patty. Aya Endo was also there as Mable. As for the episode itself, a town right in the middle of the Uncanny Valley. It's a dollhouse you do not want to play with.

In every story, there are hundreds of smaller ones, occurring simultaneously. This "Extra Episode" was a shift in camera focus towards that. Will we meet them again? I don't know. I'm sure their stories will intersect with Dalian's at some point. It always does.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:20   Link #350
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Hal and Flam are like Huey and Dalian, but just have been doing this longer. There's also a third group, but they seem evil. I wonder why they're looking for Duey and Dalian.
Old 2011-08-19, 17:40   Link #351
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... I only just caught up with ep 5 last night, so all I can comment on is that (sorry to be late to the party).

I was kinda disappointed with ep 5 because I thought they tried to pack too many things in too quickly - the result felt like one big mess story wise. A pity - as I thought it could have worked very nicely as a 2 ep mini arc.

So, ep 5 gets a 6/10 vote from me. *sigh*

I hope the rest of the eps are not like this one. I wonder if ep 5 had a diff director or some such?
Old 2011-08-19, 18:13   Link #352
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

I actually liked this episode the most so far, partly because I'm a sucker for this duo.

Anyway, again they managed to surprise me with voices that couldn't sound more different from how I imagined them to be. Well, but I don't mind them this time, since Hal's voice might actually suit his personality better than a rough one (what I imagined it to be like). The female voice announcing "Cartridge Load" was uncalled-for, though. I wanted to hear Hal say that. :o

Didn't expect to see Rasiel in the flashback (was thinking of Huey&Dalian while reading/translating the chapter), but come to think of it, that role fits those two quite well. But now I quickly want to get つながりの章 animated to see more of them. :D
EusthEnoptEron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 20:33   Link #353
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for episode 6, in other words, 7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 20:45   Link #354
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Dalian has the best method of book summoning so far. Flam's method is just gross. The poor girl was in pain. I'm wondering why is she in a straight jacket.
Old 2011-08-19, 21:03   Link #355
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Are Yomihime supposed to serve under a certain demon or is Dalian a special-case Yomihime? I discovered that Rasiel (or Ratziel or Raziel) pertains to a powerful angel, while Flamberge is a sword. Raziel, however, pertains to the angel of the Sephirot which has the attribute of knowledge and hidden things.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 21:12   Link #356
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
... Flamberge is a sword.
Yes indeed ... it is a wavy bladed sword.

Anime reference wise, Saiji Tatemiya (the temp leader of the Amakasu church in Japan) from the To Aru Majutsu no Index uses one (albeit a large one).
Old 2011-08-19, 22:24   Link #357
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

That Sutr staff used by Hal to make a phantom book as a magic fuel for the flame, it has less recoil than Huey which is need to read a long message in the book before it activates the magic. Flam's book summoning was really a gross, the opening is on her tummy and she got even hurts when Hal pulling the book out on her.

I missed Dalian in that episode..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:29   Link #358
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hal probably held on to her stomach for a bit.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 00:38   Link #359
D-Gold
Aurum

am I the only one who felt bad for the book he destroyed with his staff?
Old 2011-08-20, 02:47   Link #360
Nvis
Where are the good animes

OMG, who is this new chick in this episode?

She just got me started to watch this series.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen