AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-20, 08:11   Link #5241
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I know close to all of them. Just that I'd vote for hardly any.
Old 2011-11-20, 13:12   Link #5242
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
What's the minimum number of required votes this time?
We're going back to 8 for this tournament.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:26   Link #5243
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Onizuka Spike are hardly Bishounen. Well neither is Kyon.
I beg to differ, concerning Kyon.

Anyway, I'm annoyed with ISML's champion.

SHE'S NOT EVEN THAT CUTE!
Old 2011-11-20, 20:58   Link #5244
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kuruko seems to think she's cute.
Old 2011-11-20, 21:02   Link #5245
alvinkhorfire

I know that it is way too late to discuss about the final round of ISML 2011 Elimination Period Round 7: Misaka Mikoto versus Shana. Still, it is better than never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And I reserve my right to hate Shana - a right that should be open to any character in terms of loving or hating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
ARENA 01: Shana [Misaka Mikoto] Shana winning would be even worse then Taiga winning JSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Shana continues to be a loser.
I know that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion to like or dislike a character, but seriously, hate is way too much. Generally, those, who said that they will vote for Shana, never said that they hate Misaka Mikoto.

Then, do some of you really need to hate Shana, in order to vote for Misaka? The primary reason for you to vote for Misaka should be based your preference for her. Although I am a die-hard Shana fan, I have never spoken badly of Misaka. I respected Misaka as a worthy opponent of Shana. Even though I am sorely diappointed that Shana lost, I still graciously accept Misaka's victory. Never a word of condemn, hate or jealousy is aimed at Misaka, from me.

The timing could be better if the tournament is held after Shakugan no Shana Final reaches its last episodes. Without providing any spoiler, Season 3 will be dramatically different than what was shown in Season 1 and Season 2. Season 3 should not be about slice-of-life or school-life. It is beyond your imagination, if you still choose to confine your expectation on what you see in Season 1 and 2. I am hopeful that Shana will win the Tiara in ISML 2012, but who can predict the future?

Proof? Just watch Season 3 Episode 4 onwards, to get a taste of what is in store in the future. The anime is now more faithful to the novel. By then, if some of you are unsatisfied with story content in subsequent episodes in Season 3, then you reserve your right to dislike this anime. There are many types of anime that suit different interest of people. Thus, it is not surprising if some of us dislike watching Shakugan no Shana.

Some of you may think this is just some useless rant from a Shana fan who refuses to accept Shana's loss. It is not quite that way. I just feel that we should respect all participants in any saimoe tournament. Although you dislike that particular character, there is simply no reason for you to ridicule and insult him or her.

Sorry if my comment sounds harsh. Correct me if I have said anything wrong.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-21 at 01:06.
Old 2011-11-20, 21:22   Link #5246
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Kuruko seems to think she's cute.
Kuroko looks cute... BUT her... character and voice are annoying.
Old 2011-11-20, 21:23   Link #5247
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I have to first say that these people are not necessarily Mikoto fans so don't think that these represent how Mikoto fans act. A lot of Mikoto votes are just people hating on Shana in general and will vote for whoever's on the other side (except Taiga, apparently). It's harsh, but it's something Shana fans will have to live with. Shana is one of the few characters with pure hate.
Old 2011-11-20, 21:39   Link #5248
Team Rocket Elite

You vote for A because you support A over B. That could be because you think A is 10/10 while B is 9/10. It could be because A is 3/10 and B is a 1/10.
Old 2011-11-20, 21:46   Link #5249
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

The next four groups have been released:

Group 17
-Koizumi Itsuki @ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu
-Suō Tamaki @ Ōran High School Host Club
-Kida Masaomi @ Durarara!!

Group 18
-Kōsaka Kyōsuke @ Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
-Sakata Gintoki @ Gintama
-Cloud Strife @ Final Fantasy VII

Group 26
-Alois Trancy @ Kuroshitsuji
-Kamina @ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
-Okita Sōgo @ Gintama

Group 20
-Hijikata Toshizō @ Hakuōki
-Hatake Kakashi @ Naruto
-Sōma Kyō @ Fruits Basket

Spoiler for 1-20:
Old 2011-11-20, 21:50   Link #5250
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
You vote for A because you support A over B.
Or Vote for A because you don't support B.

To any of you who do not watch real sports. Sometimes, the dislike for another team hopes for said team to lose - even when they're not playing your team. At the same time, the fun of real sports is rubbing the faces on faces of said losing team. Hilarity ensues.

Yea yea. Saimoe is not a sport. BUT the competitive arrangement of any of the Saimoe competitions gives room to choose favorites as well as dislikes. Watching a favorite character can be entertaining on its own, but watching a disliked character fail is just as delicious. Bwahahahahaha.

If you want a taste of my tears - I support Kanade. Go ahead. Rub it in my face. My butthurt tears for Kanade will be forever. From here on out, her chances of winning any of the 3 championships suddenly dropped to near zero.
Old 2011-11-20, 22:11   Link #5251
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Then, do some of you really need to hate Shana, in order to vote for Misaka? The primary reason for you to vote for Misaka should be based your preference for her. Although I am a die-hard Shana fan, I have never spoken badly of Misaka. I respected Misaka as a worthy opponent of Shana. Even though I am sorely diappointed that Shana lost, I still graciously accept Misaka's victory. Never a word of condemn, hate or jealousy is aimed at Misaka, from me.

The timing could be better if the tournament is held after Shakugan no Shana Final reaches its last episodes. Without providing any spoiler, Season 3 will be dramatically different than what was shown in Season 1 and Season 2. Season 3 should not be about slice-of-life or school-life. It is beyond your imagination, if you still choose to confine your expectation on you see in Season 1 and 2. I am hopeful that Shana will win the Tiara in ISML 2012, but who can predict the future?

Proof? Just watch Season 3 Episode 4 onwards, to get a taste of what is in store in the future. The anime is now more faithful to the novel. By then, if some of you are unsatisfied with story content in subsequent episodes in Season 3, then you reserve your right to dislike this anime. There are many types of anime that suit different interest of people. Thus, it is not surprising if some of us dislike watching Shakugan no Shana.

Some of you may think this is just some useless rant from a Shana fan who refuses to accept Shana's loss. It is not quite that way. I just feel that we should respect all participants in any saimoe tournament. Although you dislike that particular character, there is simply no reason for you to ridicule and insult him or her.

There are just those who hate Shana down to the core and I'm not one of them.

The contest has been going on for 4 years and the schedule's been consistent ever since. The contest can't be moved since by then someone would have more support than the others. Sometimes it's just lucky for others to be there at the right time and win it all. It's a yearly tournament that takes longer than AST and KBM.

The anime has been great so far since it has been faithful to the novel. Not bad because this is supposed to be the final season.

As for next year, who knows what might happen? Maybe it's Shana's year in 2012 and probably has another necklace. I think she has performed great this year and will be doing great in the years to come. For all I care she has more necklaces than any other contestant who has been in ISML so there's nothing to be sad about.
Old 2011-11-20, 22:40   Link #5252
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:

Generally, those, who said that they will vote for Shana, never said that they hate Misaka Mikoto.
That's okay, 'cause this guy has got the butthurt of three people combined.

*Brought to you by the KBM thread.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainaka
I'm glad Mikoto lost. She's way too overrated anyway in my opinion. Her looks are completely normal (not even attractive), and her personality is quite boring. The only thing kinda cool about her is the fighting, but even with that it's hard for me to find any sort of moe in her at all. Her win in ISML was pretty lame, although ISML has always been lame....This tournament isn't really that great either... yet I still follow it.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:48   Link #5253
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

We need context: Tainaka has a Shana avatar.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:53   Link #5254
broken270
Defying gravity

I am surprised that Cloud from Final Fantasy is partaking in this, given that the rest are all from an anime. I can comment about traps for another time.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:55   Link #5255
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Did people forget about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?
Old 2011-11-21, 00:03   Link #5256
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I know I asked this before but...What's the point of those inter-series exhibition matches?
Old 2011-11-21, 00:23   Link #5257
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I know I asked this before but...What's the point of those inter-series exhibition matches?
You mean intra-series (same series) exhibitions? See:
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...art=20#p128306
Old 2011-11-21, 00:46   Link #5258
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

That's cool and all, but it almost feels like there is no point in having them at all. Don't see why they can't just continue with how they did exhibition during regular season. Just feature characters that probably wont make the regular season. This is just going to be highly predictable.
Old 2011-11-21, 00:53   Link #5259
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Oh you think the exhibition matches are highly predictable? That's funny, because the entire reason they're featured is because we're curious at the result.
Old 2011-11-21, 00:53   Link #5260
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
I know that it is way too late to discuss about the final round of ISML 2011 Elimination Period Round 7: Misaka Mikoto versus Shana. Still, it is better than never.

I know that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion to like or dislike a character, but seriously, hate is way too much. Generally, those, who said that they will vote for Shana, never said that they hate Misaka Mikoto.

The timing could be better if the tournament is held after Shakugan no Shana Final reaches its last episodes. Without providing any spoiler, Season 3 will be dramatically different than what was shown in Season 1 and Season 2. Season 3 should not be about slice-of-life or school-life. It is beyond your imagination, if you still choose to confine your expectation on you see in Season 1 and 2. I am hopeful that Shana will win the Tiara in ISML 2012, but who can predict the future?

lol hmm. Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Though honestly, if you don't want petty squabbles like these, it's best to stay out of the arena of saimoe.

What I think? Haters gonna hate. Well, stand tall and stand proud. You can prove that you and the rest of Shana's fandom are the better ones than the haters by not sinking to that level.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-11-21 at 01:01. Reason: spelling :S
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament