Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 16:34   Link #221
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Looks like the core spec is fairly similar with the exception of ram type. Can't say I was impressed by the overall presentation, there's a lot of things that i doubt will even work outside of NA.

The exclusive IPs though will be the one that I'm most looking forward to so, i guess we'll have to wait till E3.

As for the DRM, we know it was coming and it's just like steam, game tied to online account. Mandatory install is fine, I installed most of my xbox games anyway.

The media box feature, I can see people getting Xbox One for it but it's really not for me. I rarely watch TV to start with.
Old 2013-05-21, 16:44   Link #222
T-6000

Angry Joe just posted his thoughts on the reveal of the "XBox One", and oh boy he doesn't sound one bit happy. Admittingly, I was laughing my buns off with the entire reveal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:57   Link #223
Slayerx

Ya not at all impressed... interactive TV, kinda cool, but i don't really care. Skype, kinda cool. Sports games, never cared before and still don't care. Call of duty, xbox gets frist dibs on DLC, but i don't like to be impulsive so it doesn't matter. Kinect, they made it more accurate, but nothing says they figured out how to use it for games. A racing game, meh. Quantum Break; no real details. Halo with spielberg on board, that's kinda cool. But all in all... i'm underwhelmed

News about used games, cloud gaming and the lack of backwards compatibility are not very encouraging either. I don't even care that much about used gaming itself; what i DO care about is the simple ability to let friends borrow your games... god knows thats how me and my friends played games as kids; we didn't have the same game so we just brought it over to a friend's house and started playing.

Frankly i was really hoping for something more innovative as far as gaming was concerned. Like Microsoft actually realizing that Kinect could do A LOT more if you paired it up with a controller. Big problem for kinect was indeed in part due to its lack of accuracy, but the scope of the games it could play was greatly limited because their are limits to human body movement that you can do while stationary. Put in a controller and you can assign many movements to simple buttons and joysticks to make up for that inability to move. For instance, Add a one-handed navi-controller to one hand and you instantly increase the kind of games you can play, as the navi controller can be used to control player movement while the kinect is used for everything else. Or heck, what about a glove that could allow the xbox to track every little finger gesture; game actions could be controlled via hand signs... Really the Wii U might not be doing all that well from what i heard, but atleast its TRYING to give us a new way to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I've been reading more on the xbox one and I'm not sure about using voice to turn the thing on. Someone could accidentally say something that sounds like "xbox on" or say a sentence that includes the phrase and suddenly your xbox turns on without permission. That and I'm not sure about requiring kinect for navigation.
That is one thing i am curious about. Will the Xbox one only recognize the voice of the logged in user, or will it recognize ANY voice command. I would assume the former; if it can recgonize your voice to take you to your personal log in screen, then it should be able to keep working based only on your voice... If its the later then I would NOT want to be in that room when two siblings are fighting.
Old 2013-05-21, 17:14   Link #224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh man, all that was missing was the "Always Online" function and this would have been a glorious trainwreck
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:39   Link #225
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I thought 360 already had voice activation? Why is it still a big deal in XboxOne?
Old 2013-05-21, 18:00   Link #226
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

didn't backtrack I dunno if these videos are posted.

Truly WTF?! Microsoft.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

Also here. Required after 24 hours to connect to the net.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-requ...ay-o-509164109
Old 2013-05-21, 18:06   Link #227
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Xbox One requires that you connect online every 24 hours. REQUIRES.

Even if you play single player games.

So it isn't "always online", it is "you need to be online every day at some point or your console is unusable". Thanks. That's almost as bad.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:07   Link #228
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

XBox One sounds really bad. No B.C., I believe not even for XBLA games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh man, all that was missing was the "Always Online" function and this would have been a glorious trainwreck
Read this.

Quote:
Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

Then there is this.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-t...cros-509140825

Quote:
But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.
That is outrageous.

In that article, they say they will find a way to make it so you can trade games online, but they don't give the details. But will this mean if you want to buy a used XBox One game, you'll have to buy the game plus pay an activation fee? Will you have to buy the game plus pay a $20 or $30 activation fee? Or, will you get a used game in trade but have to pay an activation fee that is actually the full MSRP price?

XBox One? More like XBox None. I don't wanna get this thing. I hope it does bad, honestly. If it does well, these anti-consumer features will take off and become standard.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:10   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thanks Microsoft! I got my flaming wreckages !

Seriously Sony, all you have to do now is not fuck this up And it'll be a slam dunk for you.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:13   Link #230
defki

I believe? The fuck am I reading?

How about giving us clear information? This is not some small detail ffs.

This reveal is the greates trainwreck in the history of console reveals. How does this keep getting worse...
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 18:14   Link #231
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

24 on a daily basis is still online all the time.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:16   Link #232
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Xbox One requires that you connect online every 24 hours. REQUIRES.

Even if you play single player games.

So it isn't "always online", it is "you need to be online every day at some point or your console is unusable". Thanks. That's almost as bad.
........So now you'll have to connect once every 24 hours? Even Steam doesn't have that kind of requirement (nor does Origin, Uplay, or even the dreaded GFWL)! Oh man, the Sony execs must be laughing it up right now.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:22   Link #233
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I just read on a forum, someone mentioned this in a post, that all XBox None games require installation on the HDD. Is this true? If so, that is more fail on top of so much fail.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:26   Link #234
Sides

I think the sad thing is that most consumers will be fine being pushed over by these measurements anyway.
I really hope that if the ps4 doesn't have such features, that most consumers will do the right thing and send a strong message to MS that such invasive kind of system has no place in the world.
I actually more concerned about kinect, if the system required to be online most of the time, who guarantees me that the impressive camera, watch footage of the IR quality of the camera, doesn't abuses it function and sends information to MS and other 3rd parties. There is no way, unless you monitor your network, you can be sure that no video of yourself is transmitted without your knowledge, since this is a close system, unlike a PC, and you don't really have 100% control over it.

Game console are for games, but this system is really taking the piss
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 18:28   Link #235
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Old 2013-05-21, 18:29   Link #236
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

It basically makes the xbox into a weaker, more spread-out and generalized version of a PC. Which makes no sense. One of the good things about consoles is pop the disc in and play right away, so why is microsoft doing this????

Also I don't remember any all-in-one devices having ever done well on a market. If most people are like me, then they probably want to shop for each living room entertainment component, TV, BD player, whatnot separately so they can choose from a list of competing products and make individual decisions based on quality they need and the price they can afford. All in one devices take that choice and customization out of the equation. Xbox one is trying to compete with smart TVs, smartphones, and fellow consoles, and even PCs now. How is microsoft hoping to win against so many already well-established and powerful competitors?
Old 2013-05-21, 18:31   Link #237
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

*take games to play on friends XBLOCK 1*
friend: dood, you need to paid a GOD DAMN FEE for it!!!!!
me: >______>;
me = *throw Xblock 1 out the window*

never again....xblock...never again.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:31   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I just read on a forum, someone mentioned this in a post, that all XBox None games require installation on the HDD. Is this true? If so, that is more fail on top of so much fail.
According to joe's video I saw, yup.

I wonder how long could a 500gb last...
Old 2013-05-21, 18:36   Link #239
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
According to some sources i read online, yes it will be mandatory. Which is why I don't understand why they are giving gamers only 500 Gigs. Next generation games are expected to get pretty big (and this doesn't factor in XBox live downloads, among other things you'll be downloading into the HD with the numerous "services available"), I believe they should have made the XBox One HD size at least 1 Terabyte.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:37   Link #240
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube