AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-19, 02:18   Link #2301
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
She's already one of my favorites. I mean come on, she's kind of like the second coming of Lacus Clyne, *with* the ability to kick ass personally if the need so arises. Unfortunately, her powers of verbal mind control aren't as great since they didn't exactly work on Ange without a bit of a fight.

On another note...something sort of bugs me...

Why doesn't Ange take up Sala on her offer to stick around? I mean Arsenal is more or less ransacked by Julio's invasion, and odds are, Ange is going to find out that three of the women she was used to being around are now working for the evil overlord, and another chunk of the group has left on a submarine, so there are a bunch of dead people in a ransacked base devoid of the people that gave it any sense of being any sort of home, and beyond that, is a world which will effectively stop functioning if Ange, Jill, and Sala succeed in stopping what is essentially torture and the harvest of organs from sentient creatures.

It could very well be the case that Ange's world winds up worse than Sala's world in short order if all the kingdoms start warring again due to being completely dependent on mana.

And here's another crazy theory:

Is it the case that the Aura dragon is actually chained under the very same dawn pillar, except in Ange's world? I mean imagine Ange coming back "home" in the Vilkiss, and essentially wrecking that wretched dawn pillar, and freeing a giant white dragon, after which point, all the mana societies collapse, and cue a world war...and I'm not exactly sure who'd be there to keep order over that many people unless Ange went all Kira Yamato and just manually broke up any possible battles.
There's also the likely possibility that Jill and anyone else in-the-know also don't know the full scope of the truth (I'd guess they don't given Tusk's reaction to such revelations). I mean, they obviously know SOME of the general truth, like the DRAGONs (or at least the small ones) actually being humans in general (but not how it's done or why and such) and the "Light of Mana" not being what it's said to be, Embryo being the main enemy and so on.

It may sound twisted, but I actually look forward to Aura being released and the "Light of Mana" being halted, and the chaos that would ensue when the people learn that, at their core, they're ALL "Norma" and that the very thing that made them "special" comes directly from the very thing the "Norma" were protecting them from.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 03:23   Link #2302
Ryuga

Ange won't leave the people she cares about behind, especially Momoka. And someone brought up a good point in another place; if Aura's completely drained of his power, does he die? If so, then their sacrifices are also keeping him alive. It's quite tragic.

Embryo really is a piece of work, but I want to know more of his backstory and see if I'm right about a couple of things. I also wanna know where Jill's heading.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 05:34   Link #2303
fr3@ky_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Since Sala told Ange that Riza was a spy for them the likelihood of an alliance dropped through the floor. You know that Ange is going to find out that the DRAGONs are behind the death of her parents and her life going to hell.

I expect that she will handle that news with her normal level headedness and take some time to think it all over. There is no way that she would snap and go on a revenge fueled killing spree.
So I'd just like to point out the huge elephant in the room......did Riza kill Ange's little sister? I know Ange's got some beef with her sister (stabbing you with a knife and then whipping you would do that lol), but still blood is thicker than water, right?
fr3@ky_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 06:12   Link #2304
choopo

The answer is always rape :v

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-01-19 at 09:48.
choopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 06:16   Link #2305
Arya

ahaha, this episode was over the top, I didn't expect they'd go with a bj from Ange. Lucky Tusk. I honestly was expecting that the whole harem thing would be directed at Ange instead of Tusk. Instead all that girls experimented on Tusk.
I enjoyed all the gags/antics between him and Tusk So, this is the second time they faced a "if we stay here we can live in peace together" moment, in reply to Ange will obviously "gently" decline. I can see this moment as a recurrent one until the end, in which she'll finally gladly accept it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 06:18   Link #2306
Ryuga

Yo Choopo, can you put your post in spoilers and add a NSFW warning please?
Old 2015-01-19, 09:41   Link #2307
zztop

" Do you swallow?"
" Only when surprised." -Samantha Jones, at doctor's appointment

Considering how surprised Ange was....
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 09:42   Link #2308
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Fukada's twitter confirmed she gargled, plus it would have been most likely saliva anyway. "But Duel is had to have been-" No and I can explain why, but unless someone asks why I'm not going to post it because it is face palm worthy that I actually gave legitimate thought on the subject in question.
Quote:
The answer is always rape :v
Any chance we could not throw that word around?

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2015-01-19 at 12:20.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:17   Link #2309
Ryuga

Thanks CrowKenobi, that pic was way too large and its content could get someone blown up, should they make the mistake of looking at a Cross Ange thread at work/school lol. And yeah, I agree with Duelgundam, I know it's Cross Ange and all, but we've gotta be careful about the way we discuss certain topics.

It's just kinda sunk in how much of a twisted system Embryo's created. He's actually quite terrifying. I wonder if Embryo has tried to recreate a similar energy source that can be used as a substitute for powering Mana.
Old 2015-01-19, 12:44   Link #2310
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I wonder if Embryo has tried to recreate a similar energy source that can be used as a substitute for powering Mana.
I doubt it, since he's busy resetting the world where the results will be the same. Embryo can't make a perfect world and we should know that!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 13:25   Link #2311
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
It sounds like Tsunde-Rie to me.
I'm kinda surprised she isn't in this.

Quote:
I really laughed at that name, TBH. But yes, it's much better than Vivian.

Anyways, I think this show deserves a subforum. I mean it's got mecha, and the twists are so unpredictable we could fill an entire thread to discuss it.
If Valvrave got one then Cross Ange can get one.
Old 2015-01-19, 13:28   Link #2312
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

CA's twists actually make sense and has good parts to it though, comparing to VVV is just silly, especially since this series doesn't bore or insult me when that did.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 13:43   Link #2313
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
CA's twists actually make sense and has good parts to it though, comparing to VVV is just silly, especially since this series doesn't bore or insult me when that did.
That's my point lol.
Old 2015-01-19, 14:19   Link #2314
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I doubt it, since he's busy resetting the world where the results will be the same. Embryo can't make a perfect world and we should know that!
I dunno how he expects to keep this going, he could eventually wipe out all the DRAGONs, unless the DRAGONs can keep up reproduction-wise. I noticed that the DRAGONs seem to send only 1 male DRAGON among the female ones when a point gets opened up.

And it was just pointed out to me that the remaining Ragna-Mails appear in the intro.
Old 2015-01-19, 15:20   Link #2315
ryuuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I dunno how he expects to keep this going, he could eventually wipe out all the DRAGONs, unless the DRAGONs can keep up reproduction-wise. I noticed that the DRAGONs seem to send only 1 male DRAGON among the female ones when a point gets opened up.

And it was just pointed out to me that the remaining Ragna-Mails appear in the intro.
also ange will team up with sala against embryo with ersha chris and salia(by just watching the op)
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 16:15   Link #2316
HandofFate

Even these explanations, now sure how 'resetting' the world works.
Just pull a Scrapped Princess, and kill off 90% of the population and start off again with using light of mana to control the remaining?

Also ended up pulling a Tales of.. game type exposition.

if I was Ange, I would just stay, its not like she has anything waiting for her back in her world.
Old 2015-01-19, 16:45   Link #2317
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post

Any chance we could not throw that word around?
I second this request.

That attachment was IMHO in exceedingly poor taste. Just sayin'.
Old 2015-01-19, 16:47   Link #2318
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post

On another note...something sort of bugs me...

Why doesn't Ange take up Sala on her offer to stick around? I mean Arsenal is more or less ransacked by Julio's invasion, and odds are, Ange is going to find out that three of the women she was used to being around are now working for the evil overlord, and another chunk of the group has left on a submarine, so there are a bunch of dead people in a ransacked base devoid of the people that gave it any sense of being any sort of home, and beyond that, is a world which will effectively stop functioning if Ange, Jill, and Sala succeed in stopping what is essentially torture and the harvest of organs from sentient creatures.
I recall that Ange and Hilda made a compact between themselves to destroy their world. So there's that for a reason, for however much its worth.
Old 2015-01-19, 18:35   Link #2319
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I recall that Ange and Hilda made a compact between themselves to destroy their world. So there's that for a reason, for however much its worth.
Ange does not seem to care for that, considering how she reacted to Libertus (Hilda did not mind joining Jill's rebellion).
OTOH, she cares for certain people who remained in the "false world".
Not to mention that she prefers being free in the "false world" rather than being a "guest" in the "true world".
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 19:30   Link #2320
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Ange does not seem to care for that, considering how she reacted to Libertus (Hilda did not mind joining Jill's rebellion).
OTOH, she cares for certain people who remained in the "false world".
Not to mention that she prefers being free in the "false world" rather than being a "guest" in the "true world".
Free is only true from a certain POV. I'm really wondering where things are going to go now that Arzenal is effectively ransacked, god knows how many of its residents lie dead from Julio's invasion, Alektra/Jill and command fled to god knows where on the Aurora (someone send Jill a memo--that's not the Archangel, and she isn't Captain Ramius! ), and the entire reason for the existence of Arzenal in the first place has proven to be a lie. So considering that Arzenal seems to be funded by the norma nations for their work in killing dragons (who it turns out, are the creatures actually fueling the "false" world's mana consumption), while at the same time being treated as slaves, well...I'm not sure what kind of freedom there would be if Ange would drop all the bombs about what exactly is going on, leading to Jill losing all financial support from the mana nations.

Also...

What chance does Jill's rebellion have of succeeding, exactly? She has what, a few para-mail (Rosalie and Hilda, any other grunts that weren't captured/killed between Sala's beam and Julio's invasion), lost three of them (Ersha/Chris/Salia), and then the rest depends on Ange, Tusk, and Vivian's decision to side with her? And all that against Embryo + Ersha/Chris/Salia and the rest of the mana-using world?

I mean we've seen the DRAGONs get utterly wasted by one para-mail squad. How much of a chance do they even have against Embryo and whatever godlike powers he possesses?

Essentially, it's shaping up that Ange and Sala are by necessity going to have to pull a Kira + Athrun and essentially take down just about anything that stands in their way.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance