AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-05-08, 15:01   Link #741
hoshino_crimsonwings

This show reminds me of Higurashi, the mind fucking is strong in this one.
Old 2016-05-08, 15:17   Link #742
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, that was a harsh ending...Rem being the killer.

In comparison to Ram, Rem is supposed to be the perfect one...in some works with maids, the "perfect" ones go beyond of what their master asks and deal with tasks outside of what a maid usually does.

So this could be Rem "being perfect" and eliminating any possible threats to the mansion and the people in it. Which would explain why she killed Subaru in the previous loop: he was in the hallway at night and she considered it suspicious and saw him as a threat...at least that's what I think.

Now to way for next week's episode to see how Subaru gets out of this one.
Old 2016-05-08, 15:20   Link #743
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Freebie avatar

Last edited by aohige; 2016-05-08 at 15:38.
Old 2016-05-08, 15:22   Link #744
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Now to way for next week's episode to see how Subaru gets out of this one.
It's easy... Most likely, he won't

And hey! Another Portuguese lurker in this thread besides me and DemonneoPT
Old 2016-05-08, 15:26   Link #745
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I really wish I didn't start watching this show as it aired..... the week between each episode is killing me x[

Old 2016-05-08, 15:36   Link #746
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Honestly, either one would've been shocking. Well, no easy answer this time around, so what now, Subaru?

On another note, a flustered Emilia is absolute cuteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I really wish I didn't start watching this show as it aired..... the week between each episode is killing me x[
Maybe, but while not exactly deep, this is the type of series where it pays to not get spoiled.
Old 2016-05-08, 16:00   Link #747
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It's easy... Most likely, he won't
That's...to be expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
And hey! Another Portuguese lurker in this thread besides me and DemonneoPT
Yep, been around for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
On another note, a flustered Emilia is absolute cuteness.
I'm pretty sure we all are
And Puck, let's not forget Puck! XD

As for the Oni story, it's another hint, just like the chat between Rem and Subaru in previous episode (dat smile)...Ram and Rem having red and blue hair made it even more obvious
Old 2016-05-08, 16:12   Link #748
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I'm pretty sure we all are
And Puck, let's not forget Puck! XD
Puck's more cool than cute at this point, but that's most definetly ok.

And yes, it was obvious there was more to the girls, but I still didn't really think it would be one of them for... not sure why, really. Maybe the previous episode mislead me. Definetly didn't think they'd carrying around that kind of weapon.
Old 2016-05-08, 16:18   Link #749
bakato

Quote:
It actually kills Subaru.
Old 2016-05-08, 16:24   Link #750
ImageCraft

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
hey at least he survives 1 episode by himself!
Old 2016-05-08, 16:35   Link #751
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
A pretty good reveal on the actually killer, being Rem (blue haired maid). We got some clues on which one of the maids it would have been, but to think it was her was kind of surprising. Episode 4 heavily hinted at Ram being the killer, but episode 5 shifted the suspicion to Ram. Those weird stares she gave to Subaru which Ram had to cover for her, her own lack of self-confidence comparing herself to her older sister Ram, the abnormal praise she gave to Ram, and then the talk about the oni.

Considering how open and friendly Ram is towards Subaru and in addition to teaching him how to read or write, it was probably all but confirmed at that point.
You've been using Ram to refer to both of the twins. Except for the first time.

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's true actually. Perhaps she didn't realize it was him and was just being in kill all intruders mode?

Or perhaps a single smile does not indicate that he won her over.
Old 2016-05-08, 16:41   Link #752
choopo

Ram : Red or Blue ?
Me : Both
Ram : You must be indecisive adulterous type !!
Me : NO I JUST A RORIKON
Spoiler for Large image:
Old 2016-05-08, 18:08   Link #753
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it funny how everyone here was thinking it was the red one, but it was actually the blue one.
Old 2016-05-08, 18:13   Link #754
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it funny how everyone here was thinking it was the red one, but it was actually the blue one.
Well, she's an awful maid, so she has to have some redeeming feature. Odds were/are that she's either a trained killer (though if Rem is ALSO a trained killer, that can't be her "thing") or the Lord keeps her around for some sexy fun time. Most just figured they wouldn't go with the latter.
Old 2016-05-08, 18:19   Link #755
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I am aware of the logic behind it. I simply always find it amusing when a show completely betrays the audience's expectations.

Also something occurs to me. If Lord Roswaal grants him one wish, what would happen if he were to demand the maids to become his servants?
Old 2016-05-08, 18:36   Link #756
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Does anyone else notice what's completely off about this whole situation? Or am I the only one who picked up on what Beatrice said in the library?
Old 2016-05-08, 18:58   Link #757
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am aware of the logic behind it. I simply always find it amusing when a show completely betrays the audience's expectations.

Also something occurs to me. If Lord Roswaal grants him one wish, what would happen if he were to demand the maids to become his servants?
That is literally the first wish that came to my mind in the episode where they were introduced. I mean, its kind of the obvious wish to make, especially after they keep treating the guy like trash, sadly the idiot doesn't notice it and keeps making stupid wishes.
Old 2016-05-08, 19:02   Link #758
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Does anyone else notice what's completely off about this whole situation? Or am I the only one who picked up on what Beatrice said in the library?
If you mean the part where she said "you already experienced it" she was referring to the mana drain she performed on him earlier.

If you mean something else... then I got nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
That is literally the first wish that came to my mind in the episode where they were introduced. I mean, its kind of the obvious wish to make, especially after they keep treating the guy like trash, sadly the idiot doesn't notice it and keeps making stupid wishes.
That's not entirely what I meant though. I mean it's kinda what I meant, but the context is different. If you know what I mean. I'm wondering if it will help save his life.
Old 2016-05-08, 19:10   Link #759
Tchadnis

For some reason after re watching the 3 last episode the feeling i get is .. Subaru isn't killed the same way at all , my 2 cent on it according to the Oni story it feel more like Subaru getting killed by the Sister that feel left out .. i think the first time it was just a mix of everything because both pretty much did not "like" him yet. i would like to think since both are "perfect" twins the two of them carry the same type of weapons when they go in their Oni mode which is what i will call it for now.
Old 2016-05-08, 19:14   Link #760
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Depends on which part you mean.
The Shaman part is imho a read hering, as either of them always gets happy or annoyed when Subaru is talking about something one could sum up as demons.

So my guess is that they are actually half demon twins and cut their wings or horns off, or something like that.
It wouldn't even be strange considering how Rosewaald is a magi and thus likely able to contract with demons.

The other notable thing is in my opinion the part where subaru wants to talk about the jelous witch, who by the way also seems to have horns.
The first guess here would go to 'Satella' though, the artistic note of drawing her with horns is a bit strange right after Ram refers to them and also refuses to talk about it.
Moreover Satella has been said to look similar to Emilia.

From that I conclude that this one here is a completely separate witch. Which brings up the question: Why do Ram and Rem complement each other that well?

So maybe the witch split in two and those two were the result? While appearing the other way around, the one with the good personality is actually Ram, while Rem only pretends to have a good one.

I'm grasping straws here though. Maybe I am just reading too much into that book scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
For some reason after re watching the 3 last episode the feeling i get is .. Subaru isn't killed the same way at all , my 2 cent on it according to the Oni story it feel more like Subaru getting killed by the Sister that feel left out .. i think the first time it was just a mix of everything because both pretty much did not "like" him yet. i would like to think since both are "perfect" twins the two of them carry the same type of weapons when they go in their Oni mode which is what i will call it for now.
The first two times he was imho poisoned - and at least the second time Rem was right at the scene of the crime.
She couldn't even have drained mana from him, as Beatrice needed to be really close to him in order to do that.

So while he could have died like that the first time around with one of the sisters sneaking into his room, the second time none of them was close enough to drain mana until death. - At least not at the point of time it happened. Yet when beatrice did it Subaru passed out pretty much instantly.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy