AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 23:37   Link #1461
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

@Zero: i sent u a PM.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 23:38   Link #1462
Eratas123

Have the foldout armor be disabled For longer than one minute when it does the sphere blast. Make it at least 5-15 minutes so it's not just a minor inconvinience when it's disabled.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 00:02   Link #1463
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Have the foldout armor be disabled For longer than one minute when it does the sphere blast. Make it at least 5-15 minutes so it's not just a minor inconvinience when it's disabled.
I'll make it 5 minutes, Eratas and blitz, thank you.
Old 2011-09-23, 00:47   Link #1464
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'll make it 5 minutes, Eratas and blitz, thank you.
No problem You and Box-kun helped me out earlier
Old 2011-09-23, 01:17   Link #1465
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If Yachiyo was here, he/she would say 'OPed'

Spoiler for Cameo:

Thanks to MeisterBabylon for his irresponsible comment about Tabane creating VEDA by the time she's 10...

Now we knew what exactly Ichika will have in the future, then again, it's in the future, current Ichika wouldn't be able to access it even though it was there (in the slot bus) all along.
Old 2011-09-23, 01:46   Link #1466
Eratas123

Whats VEDA anyway, I've been hearing about since a few days ago and I'm starting to wonder.

Fic update-4000 words and still in prologue. Think I should post it now?
Old 2011-09-23, 02:30   Link #1467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Whats VEDA anyway, I've been hearing about since a few days ago and I'm starting to wonder.

Fic update-4000 words and still in prologue. Think I should post it now?
VEDA. Yes, Cracky cameo is crazy.

4000 words? Dunno, it's depend on your chapter standard, standard of Sacred twins is more than 6000 and less than 9000, the reason I cut part from chapter 7 to be added to chapter 8.
Old 2011-09-23, 03:05   Link #1468
Eratas123

THAT'S VEDA! Tabane must've been smoking whatever MeisterBabylon is cause thats f**king crazy. Then again this is Tabane we're talking about.

Chapter standard is about 4000-6000 words per chapter.The reason I don't know if I should post it or not is I don't know how long the first conflict scenes are.
Old 2011-09-23, 03:19   Link #1469
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
THAT'S VEDA! Tabane must've been smoking whatever MeisterBabylon is cause thats f**king crazy. Then again this is Tabane we're talking about.

Chapter standard is about 4000-6000 words per chapter.The reason I don't know if I should post it or not is I don't know how long the first conflict scenes are.
It's me who smokes the crack MeisterBabylon offered.

VEDA is lovechild of Tabane and Iori, Tabane then develop it further and creating the first I.S. Core while Iori designed White Knight, the first I.S. Frame

Yes, A. "Iori" Schenberg is based on this person, except mine is (slightly) more handsome and younger.
Old 2011-09-23, 04:13   Link #1470
Eratas123

@ZeroXSEED- Think I should put the Chifuyu gets drunk and goes to Ichika's bed scene or leave it out?
Old 2011-09-23, 04:20   Link #1471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ZeroXSEED- Think I should put the Chifuyu gets drunk and goes to Ichika's bed scene or leave it out?
Leave it as it is, stirring some jelly all the way is good for lighthearted comedy, but you cannot overuse it since your fic is serious type.
Old 2011-09-23, 04:31   Link #1472
Eratas123

I guess I can't have Infinite Stratos without "Ichika and the Jelly factory"
Old 2011-09-23, 06:29   Link #1473
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

nyuu huu huu huu huu

Quote:
In spite of the summer weather, the old factory felt cold. The men within wore grim looks, hinting at the violence they could unleash if asked. A day's rest was all they needed, not one of them was weary any longer from the long flight across the world.

The men silently checked their weaponry--all imported, as Japan restricted the import of firearms. Each weapon was chosen more for their appearance rather than their utility. The mission, if done right, would involve not a shot fired.

Cousseran smiled as he reviewed the floor plans on his notepad. The tiny digital assistant projected a skeleton image of IS Academy into the dark, dank air for the assembled team of men to see. The information was, to Roland's knowledge, accurate.
He'd already gone through the plan
repeatedly, drilled it into the silent heads of his 24 men. Speed, shock and awe were his allies in this operation.

Roland was no idiot. If any of the teachers or students managed to get hold of an IS, his men were done for. This plan all hinged on getting to Charlotte Dunois first, and basically getting her to come witht hem willingly.

She would never refuse, he smiled. The plot was audacious, but would work. In the period of time he waited for his men to fly in, three separate times he'd verified which dorm room his target would be. She was alone, as the revelation of her true gender caused her to be moved to a room separate to Orimura Ichika. In a few days, she would be paired with another roommate--a complication Roland did not want or need. Then, the time is now.

"Have you all reviewed the plan?"

"This is a lot of firepower for one little girl, sir." The stone-chiseled face of the team's leader spoke in the thick, blunt accent of the germans.

The scoffs and laughter from the others were clear and crisp.

"Erich, always a joker." Roland did not seem offended by the laughter in the least. "Don't forget that IS Academy has a large concentration of pilots for the IS system. The teachers are highly trained and proficient in IS combat tactics."

"IS combat tactics." The harsh voice of another, punctuated by a Russian accent. "Not close quarters urban combat."

"Correct, Mischa." Cousseran then regarded the russian security man. "We move into their weak spot. If we catch them with their panties down, be in there and out, there should be no problems."

"Any more questions?"

"Ayuh." The speaker had a slow country american accent, made all the more striking for his unkempt beard and Harley-Davidson tattoos. Clearly much older than the rest of the team, he had a self-satisfied smirk across his large face. "Can we take a couple of the other girls home?"

Laughter erupted.

A middle-eastern looking man then spoke up louder than the rest. "Only if you have extra space in your gun case, Bubba my friend!" Even more laughter.

"Go frag yourself, Malaak. I'll cut her arms and legs off. I don't want them to struggle much when I take them to bed." The man nicknamed Bubba drew out a wicked-looking bowie knife, and casually scratched his chin with it. "Damn this day and age. Women don't know their place anymore!"

The other team members nodded.

"One of the times I actually agree with our stateside friend," said another with a british cockney accent. "Reason for my bloody divorce, it was."

"Screw divorce, Neville!" A spanish man in the far end, youngest of the group. "It's everywhere. Everything. All of a sudden we men don't get no respect anymore. I say: Screw the IS. Screw the Academy. Let's just take whatever we want in that place and go!"

"Bubba. Malaak. Fernando. No." Cousseran shook his head. "If we take anyone other than our target, every nation in the world will hunt us down all the way back to France. "

"Yes sir," chastised, Malaak apologised profusely. "We were just speaking our mind."

Bubba simply crossed his arms and spat.

"Yah. I get it. I get it." Fernando sat down in the back. He made a small sneezing noise, then remained silent.

The team was silent. Not in shock, but the truth that they were all thinking this same thought. They were old-school men, who prided themselves on being men in professions of violence. In olden times, they would be feared, valued, respected. In times even older than that, they could live like kings.

It was the Infinite Stratos exoskeleton, and only the existence of it, that made them a dying breed. Ever since the introduction of the women-only IS, their status had been reduced. A young woman in an armored suit could do what took whole armies to accomplish. There simply was little need for male brute force and muscle.

None of them took this well.

Certainly, IS pilots were highly trained and physically adept. But without the IS itself, most of the pilots couldn't hold a candle to Roland's mercenaries in sheer strength and combat proficiency. All that strength, prowess, and firepower was solely due to the IS technology.

Men still made up th bulk of armies, but it was the women who led, and fought. All other things being fair, the men were still better than women in combat. If not for the existence of IS.

The mission was all business, but the act of invading such a stronghold was personal.

"We stick with our plan. This is far too risky an operation for us to take it casually like Bosnia and Somalia." Cousseran fixed a glare at his men. "At the very least, take pride in knowing: you invaded IS Academy and left scot-free. That should something worth bragging about."

"It'll do for now," Neville the english shrugged.

"Good." Roland folded his laptop closed. "Are we ready to move?"

All twenty-three men nodded in unison.

Wait. Cousseran frowned. Twenty-three?

"Where'd Fernando go off to?"

<--------------->

<Ren> quietly shut the lid on the large oil drum. In almost every group, there would be a straggler. One so far from the main team that he was easily dealt with without the rest of that group being alerted. Usually less disciplined and alert than the rest. The hotheaded spanish man had been her first target, and <Ren> had no trouble knocking him unconscious and dragging the body away.

A voice from inside the building seemed to call the missing man's name. <Ren> smiled. They were at least more alert than most opponents she had faced. A challenge, for once.

Doing the math in her head, <Ren> figured he would have to cut the numbers down a bit before confronting them openly. IF she whittled them down to six, there would be no trouble.

Melting away from the drum, she snuck back inside. A girl with a slim body had no trouble moving through gaps that grown men would not imagine passing. There was a mild tinkle of metal on metal as the jacket brushed againt the edges of the wall, but <Ren> was unconcerned. The noise of all the security men stomping about easily masked the sounds of her passing.

Though it would have been easier had she not been wearing he jacket, her chosen clothing had more merits than faults. One of them being the main reason she wore jackets.

Lots of comfortable places to carry blades in.

<--------------->

Their guns were drawn, fully-customized assault rifles and submachineguns in hand.

Pistol in hand, Cousseran stood in the centre of a wall made up of his best men. Fernando's gear and weapons were untouched where he sat down, but the outspoken spaniard was nowhere to be found.

It couldn't be that woman, could it? Roland grit his teeth in denial. And yet his spine tensed, hairs on the back of his neck standing on end in white-hot fear. Yet it could not be the police--Japanese cops were ridiculously unarmed and sticklers for procedure. There was no way the local or even national police could simply creep up on them unnoticed. Still, it can't possibly be.

For three agonizing minutes, the only movement and sound was of the troops warily looking for targets.

"Maybe it was nothing?" Mischa was the first to speak.

"Maybe Fernando's just being quiet?" Malaak responded.

"Really. Fernando and quiet?" Bubba responded. "Heads on a swivel."

---CLINK

Every weapon swiveled to aim at the sound, but did not fire.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-09-23 at 06:52.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 06:46   Link #1474
Eratas123

Another great chapter for the Ren-Chan Chronicles.
Hope this finishes soon so I can find out why she's not a badass normal
Old 2011-09-23, 06:50   Link #1475
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Badass = Yes.

Normal? Questionable.
Old 2011-09-23, 06:56   Link #1476
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Badass = Yes.

Normal? Questionable.
What I meant by normal is a person who only fight's using skills, intelligence or some gadgets and still able to be a badass. The IS pilots are badass abnormal's since they're suits are capable of flight, firing lasers, and having an energy shield which no normal human is capable of doing while a person who is proficient with knives and/or trained hard to get their skills are badass normals since their capabilities are things normal human beings are capable of doing under the right circumstances.
Old 2011-09-23, 08:47   Link #1477
HasuMasu
*Artist

Tsk tsk, not a troper, eh wavehawk?
Old 2011-09-23, 09:13   Link #1478
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Let me finish the part. I'm just not sure <Ren>'s lineage could ever be remotely considered as 'normal'...
Old 2011-09-23, 09:19   Link #1479
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Let me finish the part. I'm just not sure <Ren>'s lineage could ever be remotely considered as 'normal'...
As long as she's not half-demon or her blood has special powers then she's still considered a badass normal. Did she get her knife proficiency through hard training or is she just naturally good at it for some reason? If its the former then she's a normal and if its the latter then she's abnormal. The way they act is irrelevant since the batman is considered a normal and he acts like anything but.
Old 2011-09-23, 09:42   Link #1480
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
If Yachiyo was here, he/she would say 'OPed'

Spoiler for Cameo:

Thanks to MeisterBabylon for his irresponsible comment about Tabane creating VEDA by the time she's 10...

Now we knew what exactly Ichika will have in the future, then again, it's in the future, current Ichika wouldn't be able to access it even though it was there (in the slot bus) all along.
...osananananananajimi...what?!

But it works--

*static*

[You Know Too Much.]

In other news, I've figured out how everything fits together. Though it demands that I go rework Karon's character. She's now 100% crazy gungho genki without yan, instead of the hidden yan as originally stated.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest