AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2022-10-13, 13:30   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hadn't paid attention. I thought it'd be a sequel to the manga.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 16:04   Link #82
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I hadn't paid attention. I thought it'd be a sequel to the manga.
Maybe if anime's return breaths enough new life into the series, Kubo would continue the Hell arc he started.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 11:03   Link #83
SidVicious
Anime addict

Opening:

https://youtu.be/FsKuu-0RUcM

Ending:

https://youtu.be/4tz2EtscrvM
Old 2022-10-17, 16:15   Link #84
AntonKutovoi

OK, one thing I will say is that I most certainly did not expect to see Daisuke Gouri’s name in the credits of 2022 anime.

I miss his voice.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 16:56   Link #85
Frontier

Y'know, I almost feel bad for Luders and Ebern...it doesn't pay to fail or talk a good game against a very kill-happy leader .

The only thing I missed more than Bleach are Bleach Openings, and we've got another winner on our hands! Showing off Ichigo and co., all the Squad Captains and their lieutenants (surprisingly the only time Rukia actually shows up in the OP), the Quincies, and the ensuing battles we'll see this season. I'm actually kind of surprised how much from the manga they showed off, especially the ending .

I see Uryu's crush on Orihime hasn't abated any .

Sasakibe may not have been a major character (I don't even remember if he got much filler content to be honest), he's the first good guy to die in the series in a while (not counting Gin I guess) so it's a solemn moment for all involved. At least he got a proper Soul Society funeral (featuring more returning cast with time-skip looks) .

Nel! Crashing into Ichigo like it's just another day, of course Huecco Mundo is actually in trouble so now it's "The Return to Hueco Mundo." Even Pesche's here! Poor Dondochakka !

Everyone's off to help except Uryu, because Orihime's not in immediate danger this time, but also so they can stretch out him finding out about the other Quincies, I imagine .

Poor Halibel. She was in charge of Hueco Mondo but then she gets summarily defeated and held hostage by Yhwach .

Oh hey, it's those two Arrancar girls who held Orihime captive! Points for trying .

Dang, the Tres Bestia have never looked so hot or intimidating! Sure they lost in the end, but at least they got to show off a little .

I love how Nel's giving this big speech about how awesome the Tres Bestia are while clawing out Ichigo's eyes .

I'm kind of amazed they were able to draw out Koichi Yamadera in this, but dang it if he wasn't having the time of his life voicing J - Quilge Opie and all his sadistic and depraved tendencies in proper hammy fashion. I think Ichigo's in for a real fight this time .

I talked about Bleach OP's, but I can't forget Bleach ED's! The new ED is solid and surprisingly ominous with all the broken Shikai's with OG!Zangetsu on top .
Old 2022-10-17, 18:19   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new OP is great! I guess this cour is going to go further than I had anticipated. I didn't check how many chapters this one adapted, the previous one covered 5 of them. Now that they don't have to worry about catching up to the manga, they can pace the show properly.

Bit of a shame they didn't actually show Halibel fight the big bad, but they still showed more than the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Sasakibe may not have been a major character (I don't even remember if he got much filler content to be honest), he's the first good guy to die in the series in a while (not counting Gin I guess) so it's a solemn moment for all involved. At least he got a proper Soul Society funeral (featuring more returning cast with time-skip looks) .
I'm going to keep it as vague as I can, but his funeral hit different after the first (and so far, only) chapter of the Hell arc.

It was a bit weird to see Ichigo and friends so depressed since their only interaction with him in the entire series was Ichigo one shotting him.
Old 2022-10-17, 19:18   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was a bit weird to see Ichigo and friends so depressed since their only interaction with him in the entire series was Ichigo one shotting him.
If Bleach filler and gags have taught me anything, tons of interaction happens off-screen .
Old 2022-10-17, 20:59   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose it's no shock that the next big bad would be more than capable of taking down an Espada with ease. Halibel just keeps to be around to let various characters take a turn in defeating her.

The situation definitely already has a good tension to it. A ton of people killed even if they weren't named characters is good at setting the tone. Hueco Mundo is a disaster zone. Can't wait for next week. Haven't really seen what these guys are capable of yet. I wouldn't be shocked if Ichigo has a really tough time. Got to set up the next main enemy as a dangerous one.

Another great episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new OP is great! I guess this cour is going to go further than I had anticipated. I didn't check how many chapters this one adapted, the previous one covered 5 of them. Now that they don't have to worry about catching up to the manga, they can pace the show properly.

Bit of a shame they didn't actually show Halibel fight the big bad, but they still showed more than the manga.

I'm going to keep it as vague as I can, but his funeral hit different after the first (and so far, only) chapter of the Hell arc.

Even if they didn't know Sasakibe particularly well, I'd say hearing that over 100 Soul Reapers were slaughtered would be sobering enough to put everyone on edge. Sure they likely didn't spend much time with anyone in the first division, but that's a massacre. Easy enough to be in a bad space.
Old 2022-10-18, 18:22   Link #89
Strahan

Are they going to do the poetry thing at the end of ever ep? Meh... I'd prefer they bring back the Shinigami Zukan. Nice to have a little levity to close out these serious eps.

I assume he'll save the three stooges and Orihime will heal them up. Should be interesting seeing their now-same-side interactions... a bit awkward lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 06:58   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Are they going to do the poetry thing at the end of ever ep? Meh... I'd prefer they bring back the Shinigami Zukan. Nice to have a little levity to close out these serious eps.
I don't think it'd be a good idea now that good guys are actually starting to die.
Old 2022-10-24, 11:06   Link #91
Frontier

I guess it really settles in that their dealing with Quincies when Ichigo realizes they fight like Uryu...although they also have some creative workarounds for the whole "use bows" thing .

Man, Koichi Yamadera is having the time of his life playing Quilge and I'm loving every second of it .

It makes sense they would have all the powers of a Quincy like Uryu does, only...Uryu is kind of an outdated Quincy taught the "old ways" by his grandfather Soken, while the modern Quincies have updated for the modern age with an even more dangerous released state .

I commend Ichigo for sticking with his Shikai for as long as he did .

Orihime even managed to grab those two Arrancar girls who bullied her in Hueco Mundo so she could protect/heal them too! She's such a sweetheart .

Don't you just hate it when your finishing move is interrupted by a giant Hollow punching you in the face and beating you within an inch of your life? The Tres Bestia ain't out of this yet! Here comes Ayon !

The Soul Society is gearing for war, and Yamamoto is out for blood. As an aside, it's nice to see Gotei 13 finally have 13 captains again .

Uryu isn't sitting things out entirely, he's trying to find out what's going on with these new Quincies, and Ryuken is as stoic, cold, and unhelpful as possible...but he still gives Uryu the hint he needs to find the truth. And it involves his mother !?

Well, so much for five days...I guess Yhwach just really wants to get things going and invade the Soul Society with his elites, the Sternritter .

Dang it, you never confidently approach an enemy when they're down in a Shonen Battle Manga! And then Quilge just starts absorbing all the Reishi in the area, from the humans, Arrancar's, the environment, everything...and whittles Ayon down to his bones so he can take on a truly monstrous form. Leaving Ichigo no recourse but to finally fight him with Bankai .

Ooh! Does Shino have a crush on Kajomaru? I don't blame her, he's attractive, kind, and really rocks that glasses look. He's like Aizen if he wasn't secretly evil .

Time to recount the history of the Soul Reapers and Quincies, with plenty of flashbacks from the original series! Quincies didn't care about throwing off the balance of the world by completely annihilating Hollows, and the Soul Society had no recourse but to conduct a genocide and kill them all...or so they thought. But now it's set them on a path of war, where justice has no place .

And...then the giant flames of Reishi pop up out of nowhere in the Soul Society. And it's not even just for show, the actual Sternritter pop out of them and start slaughtering people. Poor Izuru loses an arm and half his torso! And we've got Yuki Ono and Yuichiro Umehara out to kill all Soul Reapers !

Look, it's the lieutenants! And Rukia finally gets dialogue !

Man, it's nice to hear Romi Park delivering such a poetic next episode preview as Hitsugaya .
Old 2022-10-24, 14:40   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm starting to get really concerned that it's been 2 episodes since that declaration of war and no one on the Shinigami side has openly talked about needing to refrain from using their bankai. Did Sasakibe seriously die right before he finished his sentence? He seemed lively enough to at least say "they are trying to seal/steal/negate/kill/whatever our bankai." This attack is already hitting extremes right out of the gate. If the captains start busting out their bankai and that weird move is used against them I don't expect many to get out free of consequence like Ichigo.

It is nice that Ishida is really starting to dig into this. Figures when Ishida uses that super move it results in him losing his powers. But presumably these guys are free of that issue. I can imagine why Ishida's grandfather didn't go along with whatever these guys are up to. But I also kind of think it wouldn't have been a bad idea to stick around to learn the handy way to gain that power...and then cut ties .

We're just hitting the road now! Poor Kira gets used to set the tone. Although since he's still got a head on his shoulders he might still survive this situation .

I can't wait to see the next episode. Every week has me feeling this way too. Which is impressive since I've been sick the past few days. So props to Bleach being able to give me a boost here .

Am hyped to see Hitsugaya in action presuming giving him the preview quote reflects that. Although I have a feeling he won't have an easy time. If bankai really isn't a good option here then the best options might be guys who don't use it normally like Kenpachi.
Old 2022-10-24, 17:05   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm starting to get really concerned that it's been 2 episodes since that declaration of war and no one on the Shinigami side has openly talked about needing to refrain from using their bankai. Did Sasakibe seriously die right before he finished his sentence? He seemed lively enough to at least say "they are trying to seal/steal/negate/kill/whatever our bankai." This attack is already hitting extremes right out of the gate. If the captains start busting out their bankai and that weird move is used against them I don't expect many to get out free of consequence like Ichigo.
It would be kind of funny if the Quincies based their strategy around the fact that everybody just spams their Bankai at this point .
Quote:
I can't wait to see the next episode. Every week has me feeling this way too. Which is impressive since I've been sick the past few days. So props to Bleach being able to give me a boost here .
I hope you're feeling better.
Old 2022-10-24, 18:28   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ichigo is categorized as a special threat, and as soon as he's confirmed to be in Hueco Mundo, the Quincies immediately start their invasion of Soul Society. It's the same tactic Aizen used, though he lured in a few captains too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Cut content. Mayuri told everyone during the meeting that they have an unknown way of neutralizing bankai in the manga. They also cut the vice captain's meeting where Kira deduced Mayuri was behind the disappearances in Rukongai and decided to inform Yamamoto.

On the other hand, I'm glad they're adding scenes with Ishida, I think it was all anime original.
Old 2022-10-24, 21:01   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It would be kind of funny if the Quincies based their strategy around the fact that everybody just spams their Bankai at this point .[/Spoiler]
As Ichigo showed...it would be a solid strategy . I suppose though their strategy could just be based on a win/win scenario. Either their enemy spams their bankai in which case....something bad happens. Or they try to face off against seriously powerful opponents without using their bankai which probably doesn't go great either. That's the scary element. Whether the Soul Reapers know or not...this could go really badly.

Quote:
I hope you're feeling better.
Thanks! I'd like to say I've turned the corner. But either the high of the episode left or the cold medication wore off so I'm back to not in the best condition. But sometimes you get sick. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day .
Old 2022-10-31, 11:03   Link #96
Frontier

Happy Halloween! Time for the Sternritter to Trick the Captains into giving them their Bankai and Treat us to an absolutely engrossing and visually amazing episode! Also...a bunch of dead Soul Reapers .

Oh no, they killed Not!Aizen! They literally just introduced Kajomaru and killed him just like that...are the other two okay ?

Love! Well, Kira might be dead, but at least he has a Captain that cares about him, won't betray him, and sees him as a muse. But it looks like Love will have to go through NaNaNa before he can get revenge on Bazz-B for how he treated his subordinates .

Jeez, Az Nodht just straight up torturing Soul Reapers to death with his ice spears! Luckily that one Soul Reapers' resolve to stand and fight lead our boi Renji to make a heroic entrance! Although as always, Byakuya steals the show with a dynamic entrance that's so Byakuya !

The Captains have their opponents! And most of their lieutenants are there with them! And Rangiku looks as stunning as ever !

It's so surreal hearing Ayana Taketatsu in Bleach cheerily slicing through Soul Reapers, mocking Komamura, and stealing his Bankai, all the while prancing around in a skirt. Like, Ayacchi hardly ever plays villains to begin with, and you can tell she's really having fun here. Honestly, I want more of this girl .

Man, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi has never looked so beautiful !

So the Quincies were never out to seal Bankai...merely steal it for themselves. Which begs the question how the Captains are going to be able to win this without Bankai. And poor Hitsugaya in despair over losing Hyoinmaru .

Masaya Onosaka! One of the reasons I was happy to see the show coming back is you hardly hear from him any more outside him doing Tales Of conventions, so it's great to hear him and see Shinji again. Also, Aya Hisakawa always a delight as Unohana .

Thanks to Ichigo retaining his Bankai, which seems to be the key to overturning the edge the Quincies have, he's able to overpower Quilge, although you know it's serious when Uruhara unceremoniously ends him and then sends Ichigo on his way back to the Soul Society...of course Quilge wasn't dead so Ichigo and friends get beat and Ichigo gets trapped in a prison in-between realms. Yeah, things aren't looking good here .
Old 2022-10-31, 16:13   Link #97
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I think you confused vizards there Frontier. Izuru’s new captain is Rojuro Otoribashi (Rose), not Love Aikawa.
Old 2022-10-31, 16:48   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think you confused vizards there Frontier. Izuru’s new captain is Rojuro Otoribashi (Rose), not Love Aikawa.
Dang it. Lost track of names .
Old 2022-10-31, 19:25   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Shinigamis were very stupid this episode. Sacrificing someone's bankai so that Mayuri can gather more data and come up with a countermeasure makes sense, but you'd think they would have picked that person beforehand, and only one of them. They were having trouble but they weren't being completely overpowered, a war of attrition could have worked. Furthermore, Byakuya sacrificing his bankai over Renji's which is literally the most useless bankai in existence made no sense.

But even worse: they all seem to have completely forgotten about kido. Byakuya is very good at it and Soi Fon is a master, why didn't they try using a single spell? Not to mention Soi Fon hates using her bankai and even has shunko which enhances all her stats.

There's another huge contrivance but that one would be a spoiler.

This is the first low point of the arc. Thankfully, next week will be a lot better.
Old 2022-10-31, 21:07   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I think the Soul Reapers just got way too impatient. Not that I don't get it. Rationally it is better to drag things out with just shikai as much as possible. And at the absolute most just have one person test the waters with bankai and see what happens. But that can be easier said than done when their companions and subordinates are getting slaughtered left and right. The body count well over 1000 within a few minutes. This is more than a light bit of taunting after all. And even more than that, they are against an opponent where using anything less than their bankai is risking getting killed.

Honestly the only one that seemed a stretch for me to snap that quickly was Soi Fon. She hates her bankai. What happened to that thing going against her personal fighting style and pride? I fully expected Hitsugaya to be a bit reckless since he's quick to lose his cool and honestly Byakuya is kind of the same way in that sense. I guess the only good thing is that they limited the bankai usage only that much.

Ichigo does seem to be the only trump card they have so far. He's still able to use his bankai no matter how many times they try to steal it from him. But they still are in a bad spot even if his passage wasn't getting harassed. That's a lot of enemies! Honestly they might really need to lean on Kenpachi (who I don't think we saw this week). That guy doesn't bother with bankai anyways and can basically fight on that level. If they can get Ichigo over there and lean on Kenpachi then maybe they can hold out or force a temporary retreat by the Quincy?

Also I'm really enjoying Komamura's opponent...because she is pretty cute .