AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 05:17   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 463 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers have not been released yet, but, just to be safe, I will create the thread a little early...

EDIT: a confrimed spoiler (from nja) has been released, now we just have to wait for translation.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-08 at 10:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 10:21   Link #2
james0246

I don't feel like actually translating anything right now (I just got up, and now I am checking my e-mail, etc), but a very unconfirmed translation that someone else posted (read, possible google/babblefish translation) indicates that Sasuke uses Amaterasu and a partial Susanoo in this chapter, but neither fully work. And the Raikage uses lots of pseudo-wrestling moves...

Again, I do not know if this is correct or not (it's not my fault if it is false ), but since so many are waitng, have at it...
Old 2009-09-08, 10:26   Link #3
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't feel like actually translating anything right now (I just got up, and now I am checking my e-mail, etc), but a very unconfirmed translation that someone else posted (read, possible google/babblefish translation) indicates that Sasuke uses Amaterasu and a partial Susanoo in this chapter, but neither fully work. And the Raikage uses lots of pseudo-wrestling moves...

Again, I do not know if this is correct or not (it's not my fault if it is false ), but since so many are waitng, have at it...
Epic Sharingan fail?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 11:19   Link #4
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

hmm that one sounds just a lil weird to me
Old 2009-09-08, 11:23   Link #5
james0246

2 independent sources have confirmed the Susanoo/Amaterasu spoiler, so I am going to assume that it is a legitimate translation...

Interesting match, again, I am more interested in the Madara v. Naruto section of the chapter, but seeing Sasuke's Susanoo, even if incomplete, should be interesting.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:58   Link #6
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't care much about Susanoo, I find MS jutsu powerful but rather boring. In the other hand Sasuke shaping the flame of Amaterasu as an armor is more interesting.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 12:25   Link #7
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

The hell... isn't Amaterasu supposed to burn through anything? How does he wear it?
Old 2009-09-08, 12:33   Link #8
lotus_lee

Lol Hulkamanian Raikage busting out his moves. I hope Susanoo isn't the thing Sasuke was referring to when it said he wanted to try out something earlier. I mean if that was just it, then that totally ruined the coolness of Itachi's ultimate move.

Last edited by lotus_lee; 2009-09-08 at 12:45.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 12:38   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, I had always assumed that the final MS technique was different depending on who uses it...and it was getting so interesting :S
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 12:48   Link #10
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
Lol Hulkamanian Raikage busting out his moves. I hope Susanoo isn't the thing Sasuke was referring to when it said he wanted to try out something earlier. I mean if that was just it, then that totally ruined the coolness of Itachi's ultimate move.

It didn't ruin anything, the fact is Sasuke is not good with MS jutsus, the susano he used was incomplete. If it were Itachi then Raikage would already be dead, killed just like Orochimaru was killed by Itachi, with the soul slaying sword.
Similarily Itachi's Tsukiyomi was never really used by Sasuke, he used some very strong genjutsu but never on the level of Itachi's genjutsu.
It seems that Sasuke has mastered only amaterasu right now, but since Madara will rescue him this is not an issue, he will become even better with his MS moves. Then there will be the EMS upgrade, when Sasuke realizes that he is becoming blind...

BTW looking at this fight i must say that raikage seems to be so much stronger than Tsunade was as hokage, he seems to be the strongest kage of all current kages.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:01   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I wouldn't sell Raikage so short Ero-Senn1n, quite frankly he has been nothing short of extremely impressive so far. If this spoiler accuratly describes the events of this chapter, he upped his game to the point his chakra is comparable to that of a Bijuu and is actually so fast Sasuke's Sharingan can't even follow him which is why he can't hit him with Amaterasu.
The only thing Itachi has shown that could possibly hurt him so far is the sword of Totsuka.

From the look of it Sasuke is yet to be hurt but he is forced to use his best moves simply to survive the Raikage's onslaught whereas he only managed to give him a shallow wound with Chidori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
The hell... isn't Amaterasu supposed to burn through anything? How does he wear it?
I would say either it covers Susanoo or it has to do with the way Karin wasn't hurt when Sasuke stopped the flame or he simply controles the flame the stay an hair away from his skin.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:04   Link #12
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I wouldn't sell Raikage so short Ero-Senn1n, quite frankly he has been nothing short of extremely impressive so far. If this spoiler accuratly describe the events of this chapter, he upped his game to the point his chakra is comparable to that of a Bijuu and is actually so fast Sasuke's Sharingan can't even follow him which is why he can't hit him with Amaterasu.
The only thing Itachi has shown that could possibly hurt him so far is the sword of Totsuka.

From the look of it Sasuke is yet to be hurt but he is forced to use his best moves simply to survive the Raikage's onslaught whereas he only managed to give him a shallow wound with Chidori.
Didn't i write this same thing?
I mean being beaten by Itachi's susano+sword+shield doesn't mean he is not one of the strongest ninja ever seen in the manga. I just stated that saying anything about Itachi's susano based on Sasuke's weak and incomplete susano is not a good idea. Maybe the two legendary items aren't even part of Susano, i mean the sword that kills anyone and the shild that gives absolute defense and maybe even reverses the attack (wasn't it called mirror? i can't remember clearly). So are the two items part of susano? My assumption is that Kishimoto will not give those two items to Sasuke just now because he would be severely overpowered with those.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:08   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

"If it were Itachi then Raikage would already be dead"
I think not.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:20   Link #14
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Didn't i write this same thing?
I mean being beaten by Itachi's susano+sword+shield doesn't mean he is not one of the strongest ninja ever seen in the manga. I just stated that saying anything about Itachi's susano based on Sasuke's weak and incomplete susano is not a good idea. Maybe the two legendary items aren't even part of Susano, i mean the sword that kills anyone and the shild that gives absolute defense and maybe even reverses the attack (wasn't it called mirror? i can't remember clearly). So are the two items part of susano? My assumption is that Kishimoto will not give those two items to Sasuke just now because he would be severely overpowered with those.
That's the way I understood it. I believe Orochimaru also said he'd been looking for the sword himself, which implies that the sword itself isn't part of Susanoo. And I do agree that Sasuke won't have those items immediately. Itachi had the Sharingan for a good 10 years, Sasuke hasn't had it for even a month. I find it funny that he's already going blind. I wonder how bad Itachi's eyesight was if it deteriorated as fast as Sasuke's. Or maybe it's only because Sasuke's abusing the MS and Itachi might not have done so.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 13:20   Link #15
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
"If it were Itachi then Raikage would already be dead"
I think not.
Well maybe i think too highly of Itachi, but at the same time i think that raikage is among the top ninjas ever seen in this manga
Old 2009-09-08, 13:25   Link #16
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Well maybe i think too highly of Itachi, but at the same time i think that raikage is among the top ninjas ever seen in this manga
The Raikage and Killer Bee really make it clear why the Hinata's dad was willing to sacrifice his brother's life to avoid war with the Land of Lightning. Its good to see that at least one village hasn't forgotten that the kage is supposed to be the strongest ninja in the village.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:28   Link #17
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
That's the way I understood it. I believe Orochimaru also said he'd been looking for the sword himself, which implies that the sword itself isn't part of Susanoo.
Yes, i based my assumtion based on that, and also because both items are legendary on their own. Zetsu didn't know about Susano but he was aware of the two items, so again seems they are independent.
And also we see how Itachi at age of 12/13 already had insane amount of power, had mastered the MS. So what did he do after leaving the village? It's logical to assume that one of the strongest ninjas ever would use his time to accumulate even more power, just like Orochimaru and Sasori used time to experiment in their field of interest (eternal life, 100 puppets control, living/perfect puppets), Kakuzu was collecting hearts, etc. So in case of Itachi he had the time to go out and find the legendary sword and shield, that's how he became even strong in those 5/6 years time after he left konoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I find it funny that he's already going blind. I wonder how bad Itachi's eyesight was if it deteriorated as fast as Sasuke's. Or maybe it's only because Sasuke's abusing the MS and Itachi might not have done so.
It's too early to say that, since it was never shown that Sasuke has any kind of problem with his vision, it was only hinted when he couldn't fetch the glass of water because of a temporary problem with his vision. But i do believe that Madara did set up all this in order to have Sasuke overuse his MS eye and so speed up process of losing the eyesight. Without Madara's tricks Sasuke wouldn't overuse his sharingan, i'm sure Danzou is nowhere near the power of the raikage. Also Madara did prevent Sasuke killing Danzou because in that case Sasuke maybe would think that his revenge is complete and would not fight and overuse his MS.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:28   Link #18
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah. Now if he'd only shave that stache...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
The Raikage and Killer Bee really make it clear why the Hinata's dad was willing to sacrifice his brother's life to avoid war with the Land of Lightning. Its good to see that at least one village hasn't forgotten that the kage is supposed to be the strongest ninja in the village.
That's 'cuz their Genin ain't l33t, yo!
Old 2009-09-08, 13:29   Link #19
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Yeah. Now if he'd only shave that stache...
But thats where all his powers come from...
Old 2009-09-08, 13:37   Link #20
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
But thats where all his powers come from...
Oh... and not the cornrows? Damn!

But srsly, can we get a script pls. Is Naruto and Madara's conversation shown at all this chapter?

Tags
weekly chapter discussion