AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-09, 02:15   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 498 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Full spoiler released.

Quote:
-Naruto is confronted by a red-haired woman. Not knowing who she is, he assumes she is the Kyuubi's true form . Kushina laughs at Naruto's assumption, causing Naruto to comment that her laugh is "barbaric". She, of course, pummels him a little...

-The Kyuubi knows that it is Kushina (there is some history there). Kushina is (somehow) able to do something to prevent the Kyuubi from taking over…

-Kushina explains that Minato inserted some of her chakra into the Seal design specifically for the time when Naruto starts training to directly control the Kyuubi. (So, the Minato-image was there to reseal the Kyuubi if it is about to escape, and the Kushina-image is there to help Naruto learn to control the Kyuubi).

-Naruto is overjoyed to see his mother. Crying, he talks about how pretty she is...he says he wishes he had hair like hers...

-Kushina came to Konoha from another village. During her academy years she decided to become the first female Hokage, but the other students laughed at her and called her “Tomato” (due to her hair...and the fact that she was a little fat ), until one day she beat the hell out of all those that made fun of her. After that she became known as the "Hot-Blooded Habanero"…

-Kushina: What do you think would happen if the Hot-blooded (RED) Habanero got together with the Yellow Flash (YELLOW, d'uh) of Konoha?"
Naruto: "Hehe... Konoha's ORANGE Hokage, dattebayo!"
-Naruto says "Dattebayo", Kushina says "Datteba ne"…(I like Kushina's much more...)

-Kushina has some sort of special chakra (not explained), and because of the chakra she, while a student (or a genin/chuunin), was kidnapped by Kumo (really starting to hate this place; why couldn't Pain destroy this annoying village). While kidnapped, she dropped strands of her long red hair in case someone from Konoha would follow. Turns out, it was Minato who followed her hair (as many of the spoilers point out, they were “red strings of fate”) and rescued her from Kumo…and thus their romance begins...

-Kyuubi was put off until next week...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-09 at 18:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 02:20   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kushina: Hey Naruto, I'm your mum, I love you ever so much!
Naruto: My mom's love is enough to overcome aaaall of your hatred!
Kyuubi: No, my plans foiled again, and by the person I hate the most...I'll get you one day Naruto, I'll get you -shakes fist in anger-

Yeah pretty much what I expect to happen, most likely with a Kushina flashback to explain her presence in Naruto's mind/chakra pool.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 02:28   Link #3
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
*after Naruto completes training*
Kisame: Now it's time to strike!
Killerbee: So you're still alive...
Kisame: It's time for me to strike and kick yo' a-
Naruto: Kyubihamehamehamehame...
Kisame: Oh shi-
Naruto: HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Kyuubi destruction wave!)
Killerbee: That foo's an idiot.
Old 2010-06-09, 03:07   Link #4
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Naruto: ............Mum...................??

*End of Chapter*

Probably more talking like Minato's pep talk with naruto. And then Naruto'd be al fired up.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 04:46   Link #5
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Spoiler for 498 spoilers:
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 06:48   Link #6
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
It's about time for us to witness Naruto's conception...

...so Kyuubi knows her well, hmm? It was her who lured him into the trap but she had to be his b*tch for all these years. It's only for her son that she shows herself.
Old 2010-06-09, 07:30   Link #7
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Mann!!! I am looking forward to this chapter. After all this is over.... I really wouldn't mind the Minato & Kushina Gaiden!

I really hope Kishi doesnt overdo it by putting everything in 1 chapter.
It is also extremely sad (after i saw Naruto hugging Kushina)... it'll be most likely his last time that he will see both Kushina (mommy) and Minato (daddy) probably already had his turn.

Mom got a hug and dad got a punch in the stomache. o_0
Old 2010-06-09, 07:39   Link #8
Bombo
TSF Fans

I want to know more about my belove kushina with her past.

Edite : OMG YES FLASHBACK ..More kushina please ^_^

Last edited by Bombo; 2010-06-09 at 08:28.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:01   Link #9
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Sounds good to me
Old 2010-06-09, 08:08   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
-In retrospect, he had it coming. I mean, you show up after 16 years, saying "Hello, remember me? I put that little fox in your belly" and you expect a reaction that equates to "Oh, sweet *father-son fist*"? Besides, I don't think Nartuo hitting women is ever going to happen. Looking forward to this chapter even if it confirms that Kushina is dead .
Old 2010-06-09, 08:12   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If the flashback spoiler is true... then... WOHOO! I wanna see how Kushina woo'd Minato.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:15   Link #12
james0246

Updated the OP with all the relavent information currently floating between all the spoilers. Will update again when a more coherent script has been released...

---

For those who care, Kushina is like a perfect blend of Sakura and Hinata...it'd be almost annoying if Kushina wasn't so cute...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:17   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If the flashback spoiler is true... then... WOHOO! I wanna see how Kushina woo'd Minato.
You can't... it happened in a flashhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-In retrospect, he had it coming. I mean, you show up after 16 years, saying "Hello, remember me? I put that little fox in your belly" and you expect a reaction that equates to "Oh, sweet *father-son fist*"? Besides, I don't think Nartuo hitting women is ever going to happen. Looking forward to this chapter even if it confirms that Kushina is dead .
Yeah, well... Allright darn it! You're right!
Old 2010-06-09, 08:17   Link #14
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Kushina looks a lot like Rin in the flashback pic, I mean the way she's dressed and everything.

I'm interested in the "special chakra" Kushina has. Cause we all know Naruto's inherited it whatever it is.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
Somewhere in there, Kushina punches Naruto...
Glad to see Kishimoto's listening to me... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Also, I'd seriously bust a gut laughing if she punched Naruto in the stomach like he did Minato just to show the similarities.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2010-06-09 at 08:28.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:34   Link #15
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Kishi really knows how to make flashback more interesting than any other stories and break our boredom.
Old 2010-06-09, 08:35   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
-Kushina has some sort of special chakra (not explained), and because of the chakra she, while a student (or a genin/chuunin), was kidnapped by Kumo (really starting to hate this place; why couldn't Pain destroy this annoying village). While kidnapped, she dropped strands of her long red hair in case someone from Konoha would follow. Turns out, it was Minato who followed her hair (as many of the spoilers point out, they were “red strings of fate”) and rescued her from Kumo…and thus their romance begins...
-Why do I suddenly get the very disturbing image that the 3rd Raikage or A (current Raikage) wanted to take Kushina in order to force her to bear Kumo young with that "special" chakra?...Oh dear God what have I done?! Gah, must...remove...images from my head *bashes head against the desk*.

-I do like that "Hansel and Gretel" idea of leaving strands of your hair as guidelines but aren't strands of hair rather hard to notice? Unless her hair was very long at the time, I don't understand how Minato could have seen them running at high-speed. But then again, this is Yondaime Hokage we are talking about so why bother with the details? We know he ended up wooing the wowey wady...
Old 2010-06-09, 08:49   Link #17
neshru

Do the spoilers say where Kushina is coming from? I thought the Minato illusion seal thing was stupid enough, why would this Kushina illusion trigger now?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 08:58   Link #18
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Do the spoilers say where Kushina is coming from? I thought the Minato illusion seal thing was stupid enough, why would this Kushina illusion trigger now?
It does seem like people popping into Naruto's subconsciousness is being overused, especially knowing Itachi is likely to do the same think or at least leave something for him in his mind or chakra. The first time is a kind of cool gimmick, after that though it just becomes an endless way to get the protagonist out of any impossible situation without having to previously establish the possibility... kind of a cheep route to take as a writer if you ask me.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 09:03   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah...she punches Naruto...sounds a little unmotherly. Guess I'll have to see how she does it.
Old 2010-06-09, 09:08   Link #20
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
It does seem like people popping into Naruto's subconsciousness is being overused, especially knowing Itachi is likely to do the same think or at least leave something for him in his mind or chakra. The first time is a kind of cool gimmick, after that though it just becomes an endless way to get the protagonist out of any impossible situation without having to previously establish the possibility... kind of a cheep route to take as a writer if you ask me.
It has to be that way because Naruto lacks everything it takes to do it on his own - back in the past, now and maybe even in the future.
Kishimoto did not think about it thoroughly and did not equip Naruto with the necessary skills at the time he could do it (way before he needed them). Up to now, Naruto never developed new skills in battle. He prepared for battles and then fought them while Sasuke exceeded his limits, was saved and saved and saved by outside people but developed new skills during battle.

Well, while writing this, I got the idea that Sasuke's the same. How often has he been saved now? Must be ever since he fought Deidara...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion