AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-24, 12:36   Link #41
Frontier

Y'know, it kind of slipped my mind that Erika and Sachi are actually sisters, so I'm curious how they'll interact with each other.
Old 2022-04-24, 12:43   Link #42
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Y'know, it kind of slipped my mind that Erika and Sachi are actually sisters, so I'm curious how they'll interact with each other.
Sisters but also harem rivals so... yeah.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-24, 12:51   Link #43
grecefar

Well it's not like they will act like sisters now, besides when sachi founds out that her brother and erika are engaged I doubt she will be happy with her.

And less now knowing that they are not blood relate and have a chance.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-24, 13:39   Link #44
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"Respect your elder sister, this guy is mine to do as I please"
"I saw him first and have been sniffing his dirty cloths for ages"

Of course, this is a mere assumption, I have not read the manga and will not until this adaption ends ... unless the announce a sequel just as it wraps up.

But I have the nagging feeling that the mangaka of Girlfriend, Girlfriend saw this manga and went "I like it, I will do a similar manga but let's dial the stupid to 11".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-24, 14:54   Link #45
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
But I have the nagging feeling that the mangaka of Girlfriend, Girlfriend saw this manga and went "I like it, I will do a similar manga but let's dial the stupid to 11".
Actually Cuckoos predates Girlfriend, Girlfriend by a few months... though they both started in 2020 so it really hasn't been very long for either.

Cuckoos was written by the same mangaka as Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, so if you liked the meandering, resets, twists, turns, and so on of that series you'll probably enjoy this one on some level.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-24, 21:07   Link #46
Decel

The first ep impressed me by its energy. Don't know how to explain it, but the closest terms I can come up with is genki trainwreck.

Twintails is a bit of an airhead which contrasts well with super-smart school crush. Ex-sister has all the time to go through all the bases with the home advantage.

Hope the dynamic keeps up and doesn't disappoint or lose steam later on.
Old 2022-04-25, 12:34   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly that was better than I expected. The characters were all pretty energetic and fun. Heck the lead actually beat up some stalkers. While he's undoubtedly going to get run around by these girls, it is nice to know that he's pretty capable in his own way.

If nothing else they establish the group pretty quickly. The academic rival the least amount, but obviously that changes. The 'not sister' has a "hey, why the heck not" moment when realizing she's not related to her brother.

Erika has a lot of energy and honestly if it was just about their relationship I think the show would still be fun. A good balance of familiar traits. And honestly seeing how they both fit and don't fit within their families is pretty fun. Both have traits different from their families, but yet you have things like this guy being capable in a fight due to how he was raised. Could be a fun surface look at nature vs nurture in how these two turned out.
Old 2022-04-26, 15:26   Link #48
Lex79

Well, best thing of the show is how the protagonist is a capable person, both in intelligence and strength. The premise isn't very realistic but honestly I don't care that much. Main heroine seems likeable enough so far.
Purple girl might very well bemy biggest problem with the series if it turns out she's a bland character made only to stall the romantic progress between the protagonist and the destined winner. Only time will tell.
Old 2022-04-30, 18:06   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

I find the double family dynamic is a bit more interesting than the likely romantic inclinations the show is inevitably heading towards, which is probably going to be some triangle/polygon. Wonder when the sister will properly show her face.
Old 2022-05-01, 11:57   Link #50
Frontier

Their parents are really committed to hooking their kids up to facilatate becoming one big happy family. Like, I guess that's one way to fix the issue of having gotten and raised the wrong kid and wanting to reconnect their biological child, but they're going full bore on this .

I love how Erika is so used to a Western-style rich girl life that she didn't quite know what to do in a normal Japanese tatami-mat apartment. She sat on the shelving and didn't even bother to take her shoes off (which you almost never see in anime). She thought the whole place was a tool shed .

Anime always depicts wealth excessively and none moreso than the Amano mansion to the point where even the dozens of dogs they have get their own house. No wonder she didn't think his place was really a home .

Nagi thinking if their life was reversed Erika would hate her living situation and Nagi would be a rich snob was priceless .

Nagi imagining Erika and her bio parents going at it seemed so believable that I'm honestly almost disappointed it didn't happen. Like it's so what you would've expected from the daughter of former delinquents and from said parents .

In the end Erika wasn't mad or her frustrated with her biological family so much as just self-conscious about how she should go about growing closer to them and not being sure what to do, even though her parents love her to bits and want to get to know her as well. Even Sachi, who seems uncomfortable with her real older sister, seems to be trying to come around to the idea of her as family .

It's pretty surreal when your biological dad tells you to take care of his daughter after basically handing you your own place. I expect a lot of romcom shenanigans to happen now. Actually I kind of wonder if Hiro and Sachi will end up staying at the place too .
Old 2022-05-01, 13:47   Link #51
grecefar

It was touching the erika and real parents bonding, I thought sachi was going to be harder but she already has interest in her true older sister.

I would like to see nagi and real parents bonding, the mother when she saw him wanted to cry so I think it will be nice.

Those two living together?, I think sachi will move there too.
Old 2022-05-01, 20:51   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I kind of loved the Erika vs her biological parents thing . Even if it was just Nagi's imagination. Really makes you wonder how different her behavior would be if not for the mix-up. It's kind of funny how perfectly things meshed up in a sense. She really appreciated their ridiculously over the top greetings, friendliness, and even honestly being a bit all over her. She just couldn't handle it honestly and had to run away.

Honestly, it makes me want to see Nagi interact with his biological parents a bit. Only seems fair since we did get so much focus on Erika's side of it. Be nice to see him get a bit emotional about it as well.

I thought for a moment Sachi might toss the chopsticks Erika was using or something. But I guess she's just struggling to figure things out herself. Her family got suddenly more complicated. Not that she's against having a sister, but it's probably tough to get her head around. A sister who she's never really interacted with her whole life. While her brother is still her brother, but he isn't. It's tricky.

The rich parents are a bit out there too. Just casually buying a place for these two to live together in. Really going all out for this engagement thing. Though I do get why they are going all out. It's a way to keep the relationships they have while having a good opportunity to re-connect with the child they didn't get to raise. But not like they need the engagement for that. Just have to work a bit more at it.
Old 2022-05-01, 21:11   Link #53
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But not like they need the engagement for that. Just have to work a bit more at it.
You can avoid your biological parents. You can't avoid your in-laws
Old 2022-05-07, 13:30   Link #54
Frontier

Pretty surreal to have your Actual Dad forcing you to live in the same house as the daughter he raised. And of course Nagi's parents are all for it. Although Sachi didn't take it quite as well

It's the next morning and Nagi already gets to see Erika naked...and turns out to be more afraid of lizards than she is, or at least his manic screaming annoys her too much. I love how she points out how he's always hysterically yelling .

Well, points to Nagi's family and Actual Dad for actually shipping his stuff to him instead of just leaving him with his phone and the clothes on his back .

Erika making Nagi her photographer lead to Nagi getting a nice view of her cuteness, legs, and butt. And they got to have a nice time outside when they played with the hose together .

Nagi is so studious not only because he wants to be worthy of Hiro, but because he wants to use his smarts to pay back his parents. Meanwhile, Erika is so focused on social media because she wants to connect with a certain someone...her soulmate, maybe ?

Erika in those PJ's and braided hair! This living situation is going to be a feast for the eyes .

Nagi's getting a lot of flack and less than stellar attention for his declaration of war against Hiro, but he also gets a letter from Hiro asking him to come to the school rooftop (AKA one of the most frequent spots in romance anime) expecting a confession and plays it all cool...but instead Hiro just declares him her eternal rival because he finally beat her on a test and declares she's going to beat him at everything, which...sounded oddly romantic and focused on Nagi. And it totally turned Nagi on .

Don't you just hate that Japanese cold that afflicts people from minor splashes of water from a hose? Lucky Doctor Erika is here to look sexy and take care of Nagi-kun .

Erika takes care of Nagi when he collapses (she even dragged him all the way to her room) and is the first person to really acknowledge how hard he works and respects him for his studies compared to his parents or sister. It seems like their relationship is really building up nicely .
Old 2022-05-07, 20:31   Link #55
Decel

A bit of a downer of an episode. Somehow felt like a filler.
Old 2022-05-08, 16:38   Link #56
grecefar

I knew hiro was not going to confess but I went to the line were she wanted to be friends since now he is in her radar after winning, but I understand thinking she is cool, I never thought of her character to be competitive.
Old 2022-05-08, 19:00   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I kind of love how utterly intense and competitive this girl is. I wasn't expecting to love Hiro, but she's kind of awesome. Absolutely petty considering she has finished #1 almost constantly and in everything while at that school. But still awesome to see her this riled up after being defeated even once.

Although I'm really wondering how Nagi figures his plan is going to work out. I'm not sure beating her again is going to make her receptive to a confession . I don't care that she said something in the past that made him feel that way. But she is part of the whole harem thing so I'm sure she'll turn that combative energy into romantic interest eventually.

Erika's cuteness is through the roof and Nagi could easily get dragged along with their parent's plan at this rate. There is pretty nice banter between them so honestly it would be a pretty enjoyable ending.

At this point Sachi really needs some focus to get her back in on this. Her mixed feelings on everything is understandable. But at this point she's falling a distant third behind the other two. And one of them is currently building a fiery rivalry with Nagi instead of romantic tension.
Old 2022-05-14, 13:32   Link #58
Frontier

Nagi successfully made it to the number 1 spot and beat Hiro! It's just now they're both too popular to have any time to meet each other. Ah, the problems of the intellectual elite .

How many not-love letters is Hiro going to leave in Nagi's shoe locker? And how many times are they going to meet in that rooftop with Nagi trying to act cool ?

Oh wow, Nagi actually confessed! He didn't waste time! Of course Hiro is so competitive that she'll use all the other times she beat him to hold against him. These two are peas in the pod trying to outdo each other and running across the whole school until they collapse on the floor. It was oddly sweet .

Well, Nagi doesn't get a firm rejection to his confession, but Hiro can't date him because she's engaged to someone else...so a lot of engagement problems going on in this show. I do wonder if Hiro actually likes Nagi too .

Wow, that two weeks went by fast! Nagi and Erika seem ready to leave it behind and go back to their normal lives, but it was fun while it lasted and was a nicer experience than they would have thought otherwise .

Man, Nagi/Erika's parents kind of suck. They don't let Nagi know that they had to move out and they didn't even get a place that would have room for him .

So, yeah, Nagi has nowhere else to stay but the house and Erika (nice evening wear!) wants to live on her own to become more independent and capable like Nagi. Status quo restored .

It's finally time for Sachi to get over her anxiety and visit her big brother and meet her big sister properly! The two being so anxious and unsure what to do around each other was really cute .

What better way for two sisters to bond than by cooking a meal together? Except Erika can't cook and Sachi doesn't know what to do in a rich house...and they're jealous of Nagi's showing attention to the other sister .

But in the end they're able to see their similarities as a family and acknowledge each others' good points and come together as sisters. Sachi even gets to enjoy the perks of having a trendy, rich, big sister who can give you nice clothes! She looked stunning in that dress! And the final pic of the sisters together was so adorable .
Old 2022-05-14, 16:33   Link #59
Huh...?

Whenever i see Erika, i am reminded about Asuna from Negima!
The design is too similar for me.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 17:21   Link #60
grecefar

I think is nagi who segawa is engaged to, I don't know it feels like it will be.

I'm glad the sisters got along that quickly but it will go down when erika starts to fall in love with nagi.

Tags
harem