AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-26, 10:18   Link #101
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

The one year spent together with Lelouch is not a waste. Rollo learnt about warmth and Lelouch 'cared' about him. Despite his mission, Rollo is already reluctant for the fact that he tried to get Lelouch out of the tower in Turn 1. He is obviously afraid that Lelouch will return to his old ways and they will be no longer brothers. His refusal to kill Lelouch may get himself killed by Britannia side . He seems like a sacrificial character. The tie with Lelouch had become important to him.

About Rollo's age confusion, this is a scan from the booklet given with the May issue of NT released this month.

Below is the scan of NT Romance Spring issue released in March.

So, how old is Rollo actually?
Anya is understandable as her age is changed from ? to 14 years old I believed someone mentioned that she is 16 somewhere.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:55   Link #102
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
So, how old is Rollo actually?
Anya is understandable as her age is changed from ? to 14 years old I believed someone mentioned that she is 16 somewhere.
Oh you were right.

anywho, Newtype may didn't list anya's age either, so you must be thinking of one of the other publications.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 11:26   Link #103
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Oh you were right.

anywho, Newtype may didn't list anya's age either, so you must be thinking of one of the other publications.
The booklet given with the May NT did not list Anya's age in bracket but her age is written in the description which I think she is described as the youngest member of the KoR.

Below is the scan of NT Romance Spring issue released in April. It is logical to think that Anya's profile was not released until the publication of May issue.

How about Rollo? Become younger all the sudden

Old 2008-04-26, 12:08   Link #104
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
The booklet given with the May NT did not list Anya's age in bracket but her age is written in the description which I think she is described as the youngest member of the KoR.

Below is the scan of NT Romance Spring issue released in April. It is logical to think that Anya's profile was not released until the publication of May issue.

How about Rollo? Become younger all the sudden
If they didn't bother to put it in the brackets like all the others, I'm just going to assume they're guessing. >_> However, this has been very useful. thanks pink.

argh...why can nothing ever be simple. Well, all we need to do is see young Rollo meet with Lelouch in the anime, and using that we'll be able to pinpoint his age...I think.
Old 2008-04-26, 12:11   Link #105
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Well, one thing in that tense situation made me laught... Rolo said: "Lelouch, die along with that demon eye of yours" like geass in his own eye is not evil at all He seemed to be his "younger brother side" until Lulu mentioned using his geass and that pushed him to use his own powers.
Nanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:18   Link #106
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
If they didn't bother to put it in the brackets like all the others, I'm just going to assume they're guessing. >_> However, this has been very useful. thanks pink.

argh...why can nothing ever be simple. Well, all we need to do is see young Rollo meet with Lelouch in the anime, and using that we'll be able to pinpoint his age...I think.
Yes, I hope it will appear. It's best if we get to see it in Turn 4 later Since Rollo has character design of his young self. There will be flashback of Rollo. Just cross our fingers and hope that Prince Lelouch will appear

Old 2008-04-26, 12:31   Link #107
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Since I heard that Charles has been choosing his wifes according to Geass potential, I started wondering if Rollo could be one of the results of this breeding program, separated from his mother since his potential was detected by V.V..
For all we know maybe his mother may even have been Marianne, and her death due to her resistance to forget aout her second child.
So probably most of his life was made of training to make him into a perfect tool for Charles deeds, deprived of the affection of a family.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:39   Link #108
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe it was said that Lelouch and Rollo are not blood related and thus Rollo is not a child of Marianne.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:39   Link #109
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Since I heard that Charles has been choosing his wifes according to Geass potential, I started wondering if Rollo could be one of the results of this breeding program, separated from his mother since his potential was detected by V.V..
For all we know maybe his mother may even have been Marianne, and her death due to her resistance to forget aout her second child.
So probably most of his life was made of training to make him into a perfect tool for Charles deeds, deprived of the affection of a family.
That's really only baseless speculation at this point so I don't think you should put much stock into the theory until we get more info about Rolo >_>
Old 2008-04-26, 13:01   Link #110
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Well sure the Marianne part is baseless, but I'm sticking to my Geass-compatible breeding program, aka Rollo may be an offspring of the Emperor, which Geass potential was decided too powerfull/usefull for him to be a public figure among the royals, thus he was "erased".

Or maybe it was just a Geass-compatible detection program, which spotted him at young age, and wouldn't need him to be an offspring of Charles...
Old 2008-04-26, 13:03   Link #111
KrimzonStriker

Out there, Out there, really out there. I'd suggest being patient and we'll see what happens alright? >_>
Old 2008-04-26, 13:04   Link #112
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the DS came featured a comment on how all the wives he chose to have children with were those with Geass potential. I don't think that whole thing about being too powerful would be right though since having potential doesn't make you dangerous unless you actually et Geass.

I could always see him being some sort of genetic experiment though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-26, 13:09   Link #113
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, the DS came featured a comment on how all the wives he chose to have children with were those with Geass potential. I don't think that whole thing about being too powerful would be right though since having potential doesn't make you dangerous unless you actually et Geass.

But Mao had an extremely powerful geass, and yet he clearly isn't related to anyone in the Britannian royal family.

I don't think we have to jump to the conclusion that Rollo has any kind of royal blood in him at all at this point, it's hardly been shown to be a necessity.
Old 2008-04-26, 13:13   Link #114
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The only thing that even hints to me he could be from the royal line would be his eye color since I have only seen that color with those of the royal family.

Old 2008-04-26, 13:14   Link #115
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
The only thing that even hints to me he could be from the royal line would be his eye color since I have only seen that color with those of the royal family.
well, and V.V.

actually...what color where Mao's eyes?
Old 2008-04-26, 13:15   Link #116
KrimzonStriker

I thought it'd be his hair color actually, I always thought Nunnally took more after Charles myself >_>

Edit: Since Mao's Geass was aways permanent they were that same as every Geass eye color we've seen up to this point, which isn't saying much seeing the difference in color between Lelouch's own eye and his Geass eye.
Old 2008-04-26, 13:16   Link #117
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:

My point is powerfull + USEFULL, this Geass potential would have been considered too usefull to not be used.
I think that Rollo was detected and then trained to be Charles perfect tool (at least it shows clearly that he has a Geass fitting a sly assassin).
Old 2008-04-26, 13:18   Link #118
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
well, and V.V.

actually...what color where Mao's eyes?
Hmm, it's true his eyes were that color as well. I wonder if that means anything.

Actually, his eyes look to be the same color as well. Maybe all capable of using Geass have that eye color?

Old 2008-04-26, 13:21   Link #119
KrimzonStriker

Nooo, because there is a difference in eye color between Lelouch and Rolo if you will recall >_>
Old 2008-04-26, 13:23   Link #120
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Is there? Is one's eyes a lighter shade or something?