AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 41 21.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 5.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 07:47   Link #161
archer360360

Send a message via Yahoo to archer360360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Yeah! may be he's a lolicon!

Spoiler for code ge@ss:

The ability of sonic blade just for breaking heavy door just like SWAT in regular world?
Old 2010-05-09, 08:30   Link #162
boomerangnizorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I
What got the most about the episode however was when Naoi reveled that he is able to use some sort of ''magical hypnosis'' with his eyes. I never knew that potters were capable of that. Seriously, how did he learn that? I thought that you had to have knowledge from when you were alive for them to create things in this world?
You're right. Unless its Harry Potter we're talking about.

Damn. I suddenly feel the need to shoot myself after saying that.
Old 2010-05-09, 08:35   Link #163
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
This ep was all over the place. had plenty of good moments (the mahjong in class, Yui's bathroom antics, the scene with Otonashi and Kanade trapped together, Tensho's 4 Guard Mode levels with the last one made with the desire to 'look cute' and the whole massacre), but the ending failed on so many levels.

A guy having hypnotic eyes is one thing, but his whole motivation for being so power-hungry sees a bit off to me, even more so considering his past.

We need more shots of Yuri being battered, bruised and clothes torn like that. No greater satisfaction can be achieved than seeing her in the most humiliating way possible. For a second, I expected Naoi to rape her on the spot.
....and have her beg in tears for forgiveness as well, right?
Also..are you by any chance.... a sadist?

I agrees that we needs more shots of Yuri being battered, bruised and clothes torn through. But in a different context
Old 2010-05-09, 08:41   Link #164
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I'd just go for the ripped clothes.

Or maybe slippage...

:>
Old 2010-05-09, 08:53   Link #165
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
They don't know how to. (probably)

Nor do they have a computer.
Er... There is clearly a laptop in their club room. What do you think is running that briefing system they are using?

In other news:

TK's poll has now reached 1.25 MILLION votes
Kanade stands at a clean 1.2 million

I don't think the vote count for the others has changed at all.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:18   Link #166
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

TK: Crazy baby~

Seems his English-slinging charms hit very hard to have caused this poll result.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:20   Link #167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I completely forgot about that poll. I see the bots are still working hard.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:21   Link #168
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

1.2 million votes? If you didn't make up that number, then is it online mouse-spamming feast or something?

If an anime can pull up several millions people to vote. The US seriously need to consider that strategy in next Presidential Election
Old 2010-05-09, 09:46   Link #169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The poll is obviously rigged. There's no way it would really get that kind of numbers

Anyway, this is kinda off topic. It'be better to discuss it in the general thread.... if a poll so rigged is even worth discussing.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:51   Link #170
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The poll is obviously rigged. There's no way it would really get that kind of numbers

Anyway, this is kinda off topic. It'be better to discuss it in the general thread.... if a poll so rigged is even worth discussing.
TK is always worth discussing.
Old 2010-05-09, 09:51   Link #171
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

"I'll be back."

As always...
Old 2010-05-09, 09:58   Link #172
Crontica

TK's extra lines http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=17

I think the others after "Feel the children" wtf are "Lets just go" & "Lets Have fun"
Old 2010-05-09, 10:24   Link #173
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

awesome episode. Otonashi getting along with Kanade and Yuri isn't such a bitch.
but why hug?! why?! the fangirls will ruin it! ;A;
Old 2010-05-09, 14:22   Link #174
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

While it's true that the pacing was off in this ep, for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
you take one punch and then suddenly give us your life story?
... and many others complaining about this apparent randomness, I refer you to my previous post in this topic. Also, I don't see what's so unbelievable about hypnosis. It's a technique even normal people in real life can learn. Surely, Naoi could learn this too, given enough time (and they're even trapped in a school too, with possibly a handful of references on this subject).
Old 2010-05-09, 14:56   Link #175
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangnizorro View Post
You're right. Unless its Harry Potter we're talking about.

Damn. I suddenly feel the need to shoot myself after saying that.
Oh please allow me to do so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Also, I don't see what's so unbelievable about hypnosis. It's a technique even normal people in real life can learn. Surely, Naoi could learn this too, given enough time (and they're even trapped in a school too, with possibly a handful of references on this subject).
I don't know about what others thought about this, but my problem wasn't whether hypnosis was realistic or not. It was how Naoi just went ''I can use hypnosis with my eyes BTW'' with out any build up. Worse still was when we learn about his past life, and it ends up contradicting the established information about the world they are in.

You can't create something unless you knew how to when you were alive was one of the basic rules in this world, and yet Naoi managed to learn how to alter the human physiology to give himself special eyes, and he was just a 2nd rate potter when he was alive. Granted, he could have learned how to do so from the books in Purgatory High, but I doubt that they have books about Advance Hypnotism & How to Alter the Human body? laying around.

Now I know that this deals more with ''how far does your suspension of disbelieve go?'' but really, I found it easier to sallow Kanade's powers because of the mysterious nature surrounding her, thus making the viewer think that there is more about her and her powers. Naoi powers make no sense when you look at his past and how he uses them.
Old 2010-05-09, 15:02   Link #176
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The whole "contradiction" portion is pretty moot, since we know for fact in Episode 4 that someone else, namely Kanade, can create things that they couldn't while alive.
I think it is much more likely that someone can use hypnosis, whereas having cyborg type of weaponry, Guard Skills, are hardly anything one can make during their life time.

There has to be another specific element that allow a soul to bypass the limit of personal knowledge reconstruction.
Saying Kanade is "easier to swallow" is totally contradictory: no matter how mysterious she is, she was more or less confirmed as human back in Episode 4, and almost without a doubt in Episode 5.
If you cannot accept Naoi's hypnosis, I seriously can't consider your comment about Kanade's guard skills.
Old 2010-05-09, 15:06   Link #177
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

"You can't create something unless you knew how to when you were alive" was one of the rules we learned from Yuri, and it seems to apply to her group well.

We don't know if there are alternate ways to manipulate the world that Tenshi and Naoi have discovered to give themselves superhuman powers.
Old 2010-05-09, 15:26   Link #178
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole "contradiction" portion is pretty moot, since we know for fact in Episode 4 that someone else, namely Kanade, can create things that they couldn't while alive.
Do you mean episode 3? epi 4 was the baseball episode.
Right, we know she can create things the same way the SSS do. I took that as in she fallows the laws and rules of that world and had no special privileges, not that she was human. see below for more about that
Quote:
I think it is much more likely that someone can use hypnosis, whereas having cyborg type of weaponry, Guard Skills, are hardly anything one can make during their life time.
Granted, even though Naoi's power's are on a whole different level from normal hypnotism
Quote:
There has to be another specific element that allow a soul to bypass the limit of personal knowledge reconstruction.
Problem with this: the show showed evidence to disprove that. We saw in episode 2 an example to support this when the Guild tried to build that cannon and how it back-fired on them.
Quote:
Saying Kanade is "easier to swallow" is totally contradictory: no matter how mysterious she is, she was more or less confirmed as human back in Episode 4, and almost without a doubt in Episode 5.
It is easier to sallow for me because the presentation of her was that she was this ''alien'' force that talked little and was completely detached from everyone else. The story gradually started reveling that she might be a normal human over the course of the first half. Naoi on the other hand had little build up to his power revelation.

Also, I'm still unsure that she is human. for every time they give supporting evidence for that, I can't help but wonder if they are just red herrings. Until her past life (if she had one) is unveiled, I think it is too early to ''confirm'' anything about her.
Quote:
If you cannot accept Naoi's hypnosis, I seriously can't consider your comment about Kanade's guard skills.
Oh, I accept that he has magical hypnosis powers, I saw him use them. I have a problem with how poorly executed and contradictory the whole thing ended up becoming.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-05-09 at 15:37.
Old 2010-05-09, 16:16   Link #179
Ashaman

I can agree that it was somewhat poorly executed, but not contridictory.

As you yourself state, Tenshi can create Guard Skill while under the rules of the Universe here

from that, Hypnotism isn't too much of a stretch.

Guard Skill is precedent that the SSS don't know the full rules of this world, or at least that creation may be possible with more skill, and having super Hyponotism abilities (a real life skill) isn't going aginst anything at all.

Or at least going aginst something that wasn't already in question.

Edit: Related to something you said earlier, Tenshi's Guard Skill's may have something to do with altering the body too. The weapons certainly seem like they grow from her anyway. Personally, I don't think Naoi has alterted his body, or Kanade for that matter, just suggesting it. Matter conversion (Dirt to Guns) is actually canon.
Old 2010-05-09, 16:19   Link #180
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
While it's true that the pacing was off in this ep, for:

... and many others complaining about this apparent randomness, I refer you to my previous post in this topic.
We all know about that. It's just that it really felt 'out of nowhere' because of the pacing, so it felt a bit contrived, regardless of of the fact that it followed logically.
Closed Thread