AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 10:36   Link #1021
taelrak

Best line of the arc -> "Crap! I should have peeked!"
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 10:36   Link #1022
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

If I could forget the parts where Jonichi is acting like a dog... I would say this arc is pretty good 8/10, final was kinda silly but that was so cute :3
Old 2010-07-23, 10:59   Link #1023
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

OMG what is this?

ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:03   Link #1024
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
OMG what is this?

Spoiler for quote:
He is just trying to be educated
Old 2010-07-23, 11:06   Link #1025
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And of course i am in awe how easily you disregard Ayatsuki, there is a reason why she is the last (Japanese usually like starting and ending strong, probably ending strong even more than starting) so you would think that the last heroine must have something that makes her rather exceptional and dramatic compared to other girls if she goes last, but seems like you completely ignore that unwritten rule or think it would have no effect.
What an assumption to make.

I'm not disregarding her; in fact, I'm mentioning her in light of her position as the poster girl of the game. This one fact alone makes it understandeable as to why she is the last girl in the series. Whatever her personality is like, is something I cannot judge with the exception of sharing first impressions. Unlike you who already has knowledge from the game, manga, or whatever, whatever I'll be saying will not be a complete picture of her at this point.

I merely mentioned how that poll recorded by the wiki turned out, that fans will always have their range of favourites, which is what is to be expected in things like this.

Last edited by kujoe; 2010-07-23 at 11:18.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:06   Link #1026
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
He is just trying to be educated

Really? I thought it might mean Junichi has a sort of preference change in the Kaoru arc, then she has to set him straight.
Old 2010-07-23, 11:17   Link #1027
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Really? I thought it might mean Junichi has a sort of preference change in the Kaoru arc, then she has to set him straight.
I hold small tea cups like that.... as do a few dozen millions of other people in the world where tea is important. Its a natural move that helps to balance. I'll just have to assume you've been misinformed in some fundamental way
Old 2010-07-23, 11:30   Link #1028
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
They weren't there alone in a room to play card game. Its obvious everyone knows the answer to the infamous question "what do you think a boy and a girl will do when they're alone in a room".
I would totally run away if she was a bitch (could dope me) or some ugly girl.

So that scenery is not 100% accurate xD
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:33   Link #1029
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

One thing for sure, 5 star hotel >>>> love hotel
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:43   Link #1030
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:58   Link #1031
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm not going to rush to any judgments on the various characters until I see the rest of the arcs.

Not too bad so far, though I still have a little trouble with the setup used here.

(Why can't more shows have a good mix of male and female characters, like Ristorante Paradiso?)
Old 2010-07-23, 12:10   Link #1032
Itlandm
Porcupine

And so, with episode 4, the first arc reaches its logical conclusion. Nishishi.

Hibiki says it best: Neither of these two play with a full deck, so they fit each other well.
Spoiler for Ep 4 insanity:

In any case, Junichi is welcome to her. If I were not a Servant of the Light, this is where I might wander off to write self-insert Hibiki fanfic. BTW she reminds me so much of Ayuki from Kashimashi, is that just me?

Next week: The Girl Who Hangs Out With Boys. What could possibly go wrong?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 12:25   Link #1033
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Wonderful pattern: take each girl's story right to the end. Has this ever been done before? Even just to the hotel room, let alone further? Seems like an excellent way to adapt a game, rather than the teasing way it is usually done.

Rushed, sure. Unrealistic, sure. But highly entertaining nonetheless.

The tea-cup pinky thing looked very natural and not effeminate to me. It is, as Vexx says, a way of balancing the cup in your hand. It takes more effort not to do it than to do it.

Since we seem to be in semi-confessional mode, I'll just say that in real life I actually don't believe in sex between people who have no intention of getting married. I think that casual sex before marriage makes a future marriage less stable, and that is bad for children, to say nothing of their parents. But premarital sex between people who do want to get married might be a good thing. However, I understand that most modern societies don't take premarital sex that seriously.

I am not a Christian. I think that morality should not come from written rules but from considering the results of certain ways of acting. We should think before we act, and follow this one precept: don't do to others what you wouldn't want them to do to you (or to your sister, lol). And that is a natural idea found in Confucianism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

But all these moral ideas aside, I think that anime is fantasy and it's okay to be entertained by people doing things we wouldn't actually do ourselves.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 13:26   Link #1034
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But all these moral ideas aside, I think that anime is fantasy and it's okay to be entertained by people doing things we wouldn't actually do ourselves.
Its that the whole point of fantasy, allowing us to watch crazy stuff that would never happen in real life for our own amusement.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 14:03   Link #1035
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Anyways, next time is the WAKAME. Maybe I should get out that ef avatar...
Do it. Dooooo it.

Also a shame this scene (NSFW) wasn't animated.
Old 2010-07-23, 14:17   Link #1036
Justin Kim
*Artist

GAH 1 MORE EPISODE of this ARC please!!! I felt like it was a bit too premature in my opinion.
Old 2010-07-23, 14:53   Link #1037
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I hold small tea cups like that.... as do a few dozen millions of other people in the world where tea is important. Its a natural move that helps to balance. I'll just have to assume you've been misinformed in some fundamental way

Apparently. Let me find the source of my misinformation. It's buried in an episode of some show somewhere. I'll post it shortly. (just in case... I don't really subscribe to it, you know...)

edit: Ah, it's actually in licensed material... sorry, no funny for you
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Wai....wha?!

EDIT 2: Wow, whoever bothered to negative rep me, I don't mind if you stay anonymous, at least have the courtesy to explain in what way my post offended you. Otherwise it just seems petty. Sheesh.

Last edited by ID555; 2010-07-23 at 17:30.
Old 2010-07-23, 14:53   Link #1038
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

If you'll excuse me, mini hebrew dirty joke.
Spoiler for Haruka Game CG:
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 15:01   Link #1039
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:

Apparently. Let me find the source of my misinformation. It's buried in an episode of some show somewhere. I'll post it shortly.

QUOTE=Shiroth;3155461]Do it. Dooooo it.

Wai....wha?![/QUOTE]

I think the reason why most if not all people sometimes hold cups or waterbottles is due to what feels right and what feels wrong.

I am not going to get too specific, but for example: If I ordered a cup of tea, or anything in a teacup, and I grabbed it with all my fingers locked onto the teacup. The effort I put into grabbing it just becomes painful later on. I am not stating that I am grabbing it hard, but the position of my fingers just feels uncomfortable. I myself, also grab cups the same way Junichi does, and when I drink water or any other type of beverage.
Old 2010-07-23, 15:03   Link #1040
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Do it. Dooooo it.

It's a shop! You can't fool me!

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen