Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-12-11, 18:41   Link #421
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
Just a little warning:

Next Sunday is the International Toyota Cup, between the winner of the Champions League (FC Porto - Portugal) and the winner of the Libertadores Cup (Once Caldas - Colombia). Porto won this cup on 1987. Could they bring another one to Portugal, or will this cup head to South America?
It'll be the last year that the game is held in this format. Starting next year instead of a simple South-America vs Europe match we will get an actual tournament in which the best teams of the past season will face each other. The best teams of all six FIFA confederations that is !

This Club World Championship will have the following seven-game format :

Continental champions from all six FIFA confederations will take part in the first tournament in Tokyo from 11-18 December 2005. The tournament will consist of seven matches, with the UEFA and South American representatives each only playing two games, having a bye past the first round which will involve teams from Africa, Asia, North and Central America and Oceania. The European side will be decided by invitation, with the UEFA Champions League winners having first option but no obligation to take part.

As for some historical information : the South America - Europe game was first played in 1960, in the past editions South America has won 22 times and Europe 20 times.
In 2000 there allready was a (smaller) club world championship which was a competition between 4 teams, Real Madrid and Manchester United represented Europe at that time but the Brazilian team SC Corinthians Paulista won.

I must say the thought of an actual club worldchampionship has go me exited . I just hope I'll be able to see it ....

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-12-11 at 18:44. Reason: Hmm, mixed up FIFA and UEFA :p
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 03:15   Link #422
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Carsley wins derby for Everton
From correspondents in London
December 12, 2004

Everton 1 Liverpool 0
MIDFIELDER LEE Carsley fired Everton to a 1-0 victory over rivals Liverpool and second place in the Premier League in the 200th Merseyside derby yesterday.

Carsley steered home a shot from 25m after 68 closely-fought minutes at Goodison Park to give the hosts, who had been tipped for relegation pre-season, their first win over Liverpool for five years.

Two goals in the last two minutes denied Harry Redknapp a winning start in charge of relegation-threatened Southampton in a 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough, while Newcastle United were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Redknapp's old club, Portsmouth.

Bolton Wanderers lost 3-2 at Norwich City, Mali striker Frederic Kanoute, to blame for Tottenham Hotspur's League Cup quarter-final exit to Liverpool, got a superb 1-0 winner at Manchester City and bottom-of-the-table West Bromwich Albion went down 1-0 to Charlton Athletic.

However, the main action of the day was on Merseyside, where Everton's seventh 1-0 victory in a remarkable season gave them 36 points, two more than champions Arsenal, who host league leaders Chelsea (39) on Sunday.

Both sides had clear-cut chances in the first half, but Everton's Australian midfielder Tim Cahill and Liverpool striker Neil Mellor both missed with close-range headers and Everton held on at the end as Liverpool threw everyone forward.

Everton boss David Moyes, whose club had not won a home derby since 1997 and had lost the last four of them at Goodison, told Sky Sports News: "It's great for us...people out there had waited a long time for that.

"We didn't win many games last year, we didn't get many chances to celebrate or to enjoy the dressing room afterwards. Now we are enjoying it and you can seen the team spirit." As for sceptics who thought Everton would struggle this season, particularly after selling teenage striker Wayne Rooney to Manchester United, Moyes said: "We're moving on when a lot of people didn't think we could do so.

"We know what we've got - a really honest bunch of lads who are doing everything that's asked of them. They've got great confidence, great self-belief and that's helping us win games.

"We don't maybe have quite the quality of some other clubs but we're bridging that gap with every ounce we've got."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, whose side booked their place in the Champions League knockout stage in midweek, avoided a detailed analysis of his side's defeat.

"We had some clear, clear chances and didn't score. They did," he said.

Southampton, who had recorded only one win in 14 league games under Steve Wigley, looked set for a dream start to Redknapp's reign after goals from strikers Kevin Phillips and Peter Crouch.

But an 89th minute own goal by Danny Higginbotham and a fierce low shot from midfielder Stewart Downing in the 90th gave Boro an unexpected share of the points.

Southampton slip to one off the bottom, while Boro stay fifth on 29, a point behind Manchester United, who play Fulham on Monday.

Norwich's win lifted them out of the drop zone, while Blackburn Rovers were left in the bottom three after a 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace, who they trail on goal difference.

West Bromwich Albion prop up the Premier League with 10 points from 17 matches.

Reuters
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 08:16   Link #423
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Well... the international Toyota Cup ended....

And the trophy is coming to Europe. Porto won on penalty kicks
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 18:11   Link #424
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Shevchenko named 2004 European footballer of the year

Shevchenko 175 votes
Deco 139 votes
Ronaldinho 133 votes
Thierry Henry 80 votes

Quote:
Known as the Ballon D'Or (Golden Ball), the prestigious prize was created by the French football magazine France Football in 1956. Voting is undertaken by a group of European football journalists.
Old 2004-12-15, 09:16   Link #425
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Shevchenko??!!

What the??! It should have been Ronaldinho, hes the biggest playmaker in Europe, hes probably one of the main reasons why Barcalona are scoring so many goals
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 13:06   Link #426
7thMethuselah

Tonight's UEFA CUP games

Hearts v Ferencváros
Newcastle v Sporting Lissabon
Basel v Feyenoord
Standard Liège v Athletic Bilbao
Parma v Besiktas
Club Brugge v Zaragoza
Utrecht v Austria Wien
Sochaux v Panionios

The last match-day of the Uefa Cup Group stage. Tonight we'll know which teams will make it and get joined by the ones coming over from the Champions League. It's an important day for the Belgian Football, we don't make it past the winter break too often in european football. But tonight we have two teams that can make it, Club Brugge and Standard Liège both have all the cards in their own hands, a simple win is enough to make it ! Coincidently they are both playing Spanish teams

On a side note : Tomorrow is the draw for both Champions League and Uefa Cup, we'll know then what interesting games we are gonna get after new year.

PS : Germany is making a tour with it's national team throughout Asia, In the first game they beat Japan by 0-3

Edit : Well we didn 't start off to great, Brugge-Zaragosa is 0-1 and Standard - Bilboa is 1- 3 at half time. Standard is playing a spectacular game but are behind. Time to keep cheering : Allez les rouges !!

Edit 2 : Oh my god what a disaster, Liège completely collapsed, they aren't even trying any more, by now it's 1-7 for Bilbao ! Man, this sucks, I just can't watch it any more ...

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-12-16 at 16:25.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 12:29   Link #427
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Champions League First knockout round

Matchday 7 - Tuesday, 22 February
(GER) FC Bayern München v Arsenal FC (ENG)
(ENG) Liverpool FC v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
(HOL) PSV Eindhoven v AS Monaco FC (FRA)
(GER) Real Madrid CF v Juventus FC (ITA)
Matchday 7 - Wednesday, 23 February
(ESP) FC Barcelona v Chelsea FC (ENG)
(GER) Werder Bremen v Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
(ENG) Manchester United FC v AC Milan (ITA)
(POR) FC Porto v Internazionale Milano (ITA)
UEFA Cup Round of 32
(AUT) Grazer AK v Middlesbrough FC (ENG)
(NED) SC Heerenveen v Newcastle United FC (ENG)
(SUI) FC Basel 1893 v LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA)
(ITA) Parma FC v VfB Stuttgart (GER)
(POR) Sporting Clube de Portugal v Feyenoord (NED)
(GER) TSV Alemannia Aachen v AZ Alkmaar (NED)
(AUT) FK Austria Wien v Athletic Club Bilbao (ESP)
(SCG) FK Partizan v FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR)
(ESP) Valencia CF v FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)
(NED) AFC Ajax v AJ Auxerre (FRA)
(RUS) PFC CSKA Moskva v SL Benfica (POR)
(TUR) Fenerbahçe SK v Real Zaragoza (ESP)
(GRE) Panathinaikos FC v Sevilla FC (ESP)
(UKR) FC Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Schalke 04 (GER)
(GRE) Olympiacos CFP v FC Sochaux-Montbéliard (FRA)
(UKR) FC Dynamo Kyiv v Villarreal CF (ESP)
Old 2004-12-19, 05:39   Link #428
elniro

Man United 5 - 2 Crystal Palace

Man United have got the 2nd best defensive record in the premiership but they let in 2 rubbish goals from a bottom side. On the plus their attacking was really good, Scholes now got 6 goals from 6 games, and Giggs was on FIRE!
With Heinze given leave and Fortune now injured, O'Shea is the only one left who can fill the position and his defending is dodgy, it was through him that crystal palace got their 2nd goal
Old 2005-01-05, 03:31   Link #429
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football resurrected
Spurs robbed in last minute
From correspondents in Manchester
January 5, 2005

Man Utd 0 Tottenham 0
SPURS
were denied three unlikely Premiership points by an amazing refereeing blunder at Old Trafford.

United dominated for 90 minutes but were extremely fortunate not to concede a goal right at the death when goalkeeper Roy Carroll fumbled a Pedro Mendes lob from almost the halfway line.

Television replays indicated that the ball, which bounced off the 'keeper, had clearly crossed the line but referee Mark Clattenburg was virtually the only man in the stadium who believed it had not crossed the line.

Spurs 'keeper Paul Robinson produced an inspired performance to frustrate United and hammer a huge dent in Sir Alex Ferguson's hopes of regaining the Premiership.

Robinson performed heroics in the Tottenham goal with a string of superb saves as United slipped to 11 points adrift of leaders Chelsea.

The exploits of England goalkeeper Robinson were enough to end United's four-match winning streak on a night that could prove pivotal in the race for the title.

Despite departing with a justified grievance, Martin Jol's side were battered from start to finish.

EVERTON bounced back from successive defeats and consolidated their grip on fourth place with a 2-1 home win over Portsmouth, courtesy of a last-minute Leon Osman winner.

Portsmouth had looked on course for a deserved point after Nigerian striker Aiyegbeni Yakubu scored within two minutes of Alan Stubbs heading the home side into the lead.

It was also a good night to be a BOLTON WANDERERS fan, Sam Allardyce's side claiming their first win in 11 matches, 2-1, at the expense of Birmingham City thanks to a last-ditch strike from Kevin Nolan.

El Hadji Diouf scored his second goal in as many games to give Bolton a 17th minute lead, pouncing on the rebound after Maik Taylor had blocked Jay-Jay Okocha's goal-bound volley.

Birmingham equalised in the 66th minute through Matthew Upson before Nolan popped up to secure all three points for the visitors.

Agence France-Presse
My reaction?

Spoiler:
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 11:12   Link #430
elniro

haha thats joke scrumhalf, nice animation!

But Man United are so annoying, they could have gained ground on both Arsenal and Chelsea twice now yet they dropped points and still remain the same amount of points behind arsenal and dropped even further behind chelsea, it's the worst
Old 2005-01-05, 12:21   Link #431
Mcdonalds

haha nice one scrumhalf. Oh well, come on you blues!
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:59   Link #432
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Oh well, time to get this thread started again. The 05/06 Champions League 1st knock-out round draw:

Chelsea v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Arsenal
Werder Bremen v Juventus
Bayern Munich v AC Milan
PSV v Lyon
Ajax v Internazionale
Benfica v Liverpool
Rangers v Villarreal

I can't believe Chelsea got paired up with Barcelona again, but somehow you just get the feeling that it was bound to happen.
Old 2005-12-19, 09:39   Link #433
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Watched that FIFA Club World final thingy last night, and all I gotta say, that has got to be the blindest linesman I've ever seen in my whole life. And the first time I've ever seen Brazilians playing so negatively.

Not like it'll affect Liverpool's seasons as some Liverpool-haters would wish, just look at the League Cup final loss to Chelsea last season. Now back with a reunion with Michael Owen on Boxing Day.

For the Champions League draw, go and get your revenge Barca! (I'm always Chelski-bashing. xD ) Benfica is not a bad draw for Liverpool, but they did dump Man Utd out, so they've gotta be careful.

PS Is there no way to find a cache to this thread? The thread seems so empty with 2005 wiped out, like as though Liverpool didn't win the Champions League, but the good news is that Chelsea never won the Premier League either. LOL!
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 09:52   Link #434
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
The game of Chelsea vs. Arsenal yesterday sucked ass. I couldnt the god damn refree. Essien pisses me off alot, Im starting to think that Henry might leave Arsenal, whom by the way sucked ass with performance.
________
Bmw 003

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:30.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 13:43   Link #435
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

link to the official match schedule fifa worldcup 2006:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/schedule.html

Last edited by Jinto; 2005-12-19 at 13:58.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 13:54   Link #436
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
I can't believe Chelsea got paired up with Barcelona again, but somehow you just get the feeling that it was bound to happen.
Being italian, I mostly follow italian teams.
In the first round there was a lot of resemblances with past year.
Milan was paired up with PSV Eindhoven (semifinal '04-'05)
Juventus was paired up with Bayern Munchen (1st round '04-'05)
Inter was in group with Porto (1/8 finals '04-'05)

So this blatant draw assigning Barcelona to Chelsea didn't take me completely by surprise.
I wonder if Barcelona will be able to get the revenge: this year, they have the return match at their home.

Good draw for italians Juventus (Werder) and Inter (Ajax), worse for Milan (Bayern).
Old 2005-12-19, 14:08   Link #437
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Watched that FIFA Club World final thingy last night, and all I gotta say, that has got to be the blindest linesman I've ever seen in my whole life. And the first time I've ever seen Brazilians playing so negatively.
In Rafa's words: "We had 21 shots and 17 corners and hit the bar twice and scored three goals. We couldn't have done anymore to win." Although we lost, the future looks very bright for Liverpool if the team continues to play the same way they did against Sao Paulo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Not like it'll affect Liverpool's seasons as some Liverpool-haters would wish, just look at the League Cup final loss to Chelsea last season. Now back with a reunion with Michael Owen on Boxing Day.
Newcastle are hoping for a Liverpool side still tired from their trip to japan. I'm sure they'll be in for a surprise when they visit Anfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Im starting to think that Henry might leave Arsenal, whom by the way sucked ass with performance.
He might well leave if Arsenal don't pick themselves up for their remaining games this month.
Old 2005-12-19, 23:39   Link #438
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I heard Barca are looking to pick him up, wouldn't blame him if he did. Van Persie did alot of excellent tricks, I guess Henry would decide by the time the UEFA is over.
________
Hash

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:31.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 08:14   Link #439
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
I guess Henry would decide by the time the UEFA is over.
It wouldn't make sense for him to leave in January since he's cup-tied with Arsenal. Although Henry's days at Highbury appear to be numbered, Wenger definitely still has the time to convince him to sign a new contract.
Old 2005-12-28, 07:40   Link #440
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Man, of all the times for my TV to go broken. No footy for me this week.

Read the reports of Liverpool v Newcastle, amazed that Owen is completely missing from the score sheet, while Liverpool had like 20+ shots. That'll show what Owen has walked away from. I'll still welcome him when he chooses to return after the World Cup. And I just can't believe what the media is doing to Peter Crouch. When he couldn't score, they berate him, and when he does, they credit it as a goalkeeper own goal. So what do they want!? Even Crouch exclaims "Are people trying to take my goals away from me?"

Chelsea just refuses to lose points, we just have to wait and see what happens by the New Year. Now for the Merseyside derby as the Champions of Europe faces the self-styled Best Team in Liverpool.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer