Alive

those wound in Kouen and Alibaba look like it really hurt
I like how Kougyoku was being epic this chapter
Old 2013-07-28, 15:28   Link #1822
Blaat

Pffft man up it's just a flesh wound.
Old 2013-07-28, 16:00   Link #1823
marvelB

Hell yeah, it's about time Kougyoku got some time to shine! Sure, it's pretty much guaranteed that the monster will recover in the blink of an eye, but at least it looks like she caused it some degree of damage. Now I just hope that she manages to survive this battle.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:46   Link #1824
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Kouen looks like a zombie after that djinn gripped him >.>.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 18:46   Link #1825
XFire
150% done

Alibaba's face in the last panel: "Dafuq, did "miss tsundere" do that!?!?"
Old 2013-07-28, 19:00   Link #1826
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I like that she wasn't just pissed that her brother was hurt but also that her FRIEND was hurt as well.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 19:25   Link #1827
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I like that she wasn't just pissed that her brother was hurt but also that her FRIEND was hurt as well.
Kougyoku is confused.

She should says "how dare you hurt my brother and MY LOVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 20:55   Link #1828
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

It's like imminent friendzoned alert for Kougyokou with how many times its emphasized, and she is inflicting it upon herself.
Old 2013-07-28, 21:26   Link #1829
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It's like imminent friendzoned alert for Kougyokou with how many times its emphasized, and she is inflicting it upon herself.
Kougyokou is a sad, lonely girl that just wants a friend. Alibaba is her first and only friend. Why take that away from her?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 21:52   Link #1830
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Ugh, nasty injuries there for Koen and Alibaba, and the former is likely going to bleed to death or go into shock if he doesn't get healed soon. Here's to hoping that Kougyoku avoids getting touched by the medium's new form.
Old 2013-07-29, 00:51   Link #1831
CBredbeard
Banned

Bit of a correction. Judar didn't penetrate Aladdin's Borq with ice spears. He did use them, but Aladdin basically shrugged them off.
Old 2013-07-29, 11:52   Link #1832
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Eh, probably it has something to do with it's water element since the medium was absorbing(?) fire element from Alibaba and her brother before.
It was said the medium's adapting. It adapted to fire, but wasn't ready for water. Alibaba and Kougyokou have to do some chemistry in order to win.
Old 2013-07-29, 12:46   Link #1833
shalala

I'm not going to be surpised if father ended up being able to change between type magics after a while. Seeing how he able to absorb fire and null it. Still could this mean that Koumei 2nd Djinn is thunder based? Seeing if father absorb water then they will probably need a thunder user or all the thunder magicians. Also why the hell isn't Aladdin talking with Scheherazade in how to beat it or at least come up with a plan of sorts and get her to summon backup?_?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:20   Link #1834
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Also why the hell isn't Aladdin talking with Scheherazade in how to beat it or at least come up with a plan of sorts and get her to summon backup?_?
It's already been established that Scheherazade is a worthless old hen. Whatever credibility she seemed to have during the war arc was completely destroyed when Aladdin made her his bitch. Even her retainers have abandoned her.
Old 2013-07-29, 16:25   Link #1835
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I'm not going to be surpised if father ended up being able to change between type magics after a while. Seeing how he able to absorb fire and null it. Still could this mean that Koumei 2nd Djinn is thunder based? Seeing if father absorb water then they will probably need a thunder user or all the thunder magicians. Also why the hell isn't Aladdin talking with Scheherazade in how to beat it or at least come up with a plan of sorts and get her to summon backup?_?
When was it mentioned that Koumei has two Djinns? I thought Kouen and Sindbad were the only kings with multiple Djinns.

As for Scheherazade, she shown to have absolutely no knowledge of the medium or the "father", and since the current body is just a clone, she can't provide that much backup as well. She could send Mu and the other Fanalis to back them up, but Mu's equip wouldn't last very long and the Fanalis lack mobility compared to the metal vessel users.
Old 2013-07-30, 13:32   Link #1836
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
When was it mentioned that Koumei has two Djinns? I thought Kouen and Sindbad were the only kings with multiple Djinns.

As for Scheherazade, she shown to have absolutely no knowledge of the medium or the "father", and since the current body is just a clone, she can't provide that much backup as well. She could send Mu and the other Fanalis to back them up, but Mu's equip wouldn't last very long and the Fanalis lack mobility compared to the metal vessel users.
Wait so he doesn't have 2 Djinns. I thought Judal had said that Koumei had 2 when he was talking about the Kou empire. My bad. Thank you for the correction.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 15:29   Link #1837
Awrya
U mad?

192 out.

We get to see Hakuei's extreme magic and interestingly enough Kouha's extreme magic can be fired in any direction, not only downwards. Also, Kougyoku can change the shape of her extreme magic from tidal wave to icicle shape, I wonder if it's because she has a condition (needs water to manipulate) in order to use it, that it's rather flexible?

Only extreme magic that's missing is Koumei's, but since he's using magoi to move them around and his ability is not really suited for combat, we won't see it. It's also interesting that he can channel the attacks going through his gates and combine them into one, wonder if that is his 'mid-magic', like Kougyoku's water spears or Alibaba's big flame sword.

The medium absorbs all rukh that his hands can touch, is the only way to defeat it to keep damaging it in midair, where it hasn't absorbed the rukh from the wind so far?
Or maybe split in two teams, to cut off his hands to prevent absorption while keep damaging it?

Instead of using Ugo and/or Halharl Infigar, shouldn't Aladdin focus on feeding the metal vessel magoi to last longer? While he does provide offence comparable to the others, if they're out of magoi, he'll be the only one capable of fighting.
Old 2013-08-04, 15:40   Link #1838
hamazura
whatever

i just wanna bet, hakuryuu will come with his new imba power and pwn dat monster easily...
Old 2013-08-04, 15:55   Link #1839
marvelB

I liked seeing the teamwork used here this chapter. It was also nice to see Alibaba bring up Hakuryuu. But as expected, that monster just keeps growing stronger and stronger. Part of me is wondering if some more outside help will arrive (possibly in the form of Sinbad and his generals or someone else)....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 17:11   Link #1840
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm getting bored of this fight. Battles against mindless creatures are never very exciting in the first place. I hope this will end soon so we can finally move on to more interesting stuff.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen