AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-19, 03:13   Link #1
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Third aka Sarutobi...

In one scene with the First and Second during the Orochimaru-Sarutobi fight, The First told Sarutobi that from tomorrow on, he would be the new Hokage. Thing is, Sarutobi was only slightly older then Naruto himself.

I see a very long arc in what killed the 1st and 2nd Hokages after Itachi.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 03:21   Link #2
CyberPunk

sarutobi was said to be the strongest ninja ever, that's why he was hokage. it just so happened his greatness got him there at a young age.
i think an arc dedicated to the previous hokages would be a waste of time, really. it'd be filler, but probably better than the crap the anime is showing right now. unless it pertained to naruto somehow, i don't see it happening.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 03:41   Link #3
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
The only thing I'm wondering is why the Second refers to Sarutobi as "kisama", that's an insult o_Ox and he uses it all "from tomorrow on you are the hokage, you're a great person (you bastard?)" o_Ox
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 06:47   Link #4
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
The only thing I'm wondering is why the Second refers to Sarutobi as "kisama", that's an insult o_Ox and he uses it all "from tomorrow on you are the hokage, you're a great person (you bastard?)" o_Ox
You have to remember that in pretty much any language, you can be insulting and still carry a air of caring for that person.

Just like in English, you could say to your nephew, "Hey runt, congrats on passing your exam."

Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:56   Link #5
UserName

Well wasn't it said that early on there were a lot of wars? I would think a simple explanation would be enough who knows the 1st and 2nd may have left the village to fight or something. Such as when the 4th left to seal Kyuubi but ended up dying even though he knew it would.

So an arc probably won't be necessary.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 18:50   Link #6
swerv
Stay Up

does that literally mean bastard?

Maybe his parents weren't married.
Old 2004-09-19, 20:18   Link #7
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
does that literally mean bastard?

Maybe his parents weren't married.
Nah. "Teme" and "Kisama" are basically really rude ways of saying "you". So yeah, it is equal to saying "bastard", but not it's dictionary meaning.
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:14   Link #8
SaberDicer

I just think it meant the tradition of defend konoha would be passed down to his generation, not him specifically, anyhow it was just a filler scene so who knows
SaberDicer is offline   Reply With Quote