AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 20:20   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Old 2008-10-31, 23:54   Link #202
Elyson
DragonBleaPiece!

Send a message via AIM to Elyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 04:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Elyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 05:39   Link #203
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, count me in as a "critic" then. After watching episodes 3 and 4, I can't help but feel that there's something awfully lacking...

Pari-hen seems to focus more on the new challenges that Chiaki and Nodame face in Paris, and how they cope with these in a new country while meeting new people. While that's all well and good, there now seems to be less focus on the music itself, which is one of the things I like from the first season. The drama and the comedy may still be in full force, but much of what makes the first season moving and charming is somehow lost.

When Chiaki goes to Spain with Stressemann, I only ended up thinking that some of their performances there could have been great scenes or entire episodes themselves, and to see the show just fast forward to a few months later seems like a tragic waste. It's disappointing that the anime practically skims past this, and I hope that Rui would at least be a recurring character instead of just a name that one or two episodes simply gloss over. Now, I have no idea how the manga handles this part, but even so, there's some good potential there that remains unrealized in my opinion.

With Pari-hen only running for 11 episodes, I'm not particularly feeling so hopeful. Perhaps I'm being unfair and biased for the old, but I guess I just can't get into this season like before. And man, those CG musicians really kill the mood on every performance. They just look bad in my opinion.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 05:49   Link #204
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Why are the performances scenes so short/omitted altogether? Nodame and Chiaki interaction is always entertaining, but I feel they are forgetting about a critical aspect of the show by ignoring the performances.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 06:24   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Why are the performances scenes so short/omitted altogether?
Because this show is only going to be 11 episode in total --- they need to cut down on scenes like that compared to the first season.

Shame, i know.
Old 2008-11-02, 08:06   Link #206
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Although everyone are disliking them for omitting the musical scenes, but for someone who has absolutely no knowledge of classical music or lack to understand the art of it (someone like me), its good that they're cutting out or shortening some the music scenes. I do understand that the music scenes is suppose to be an important part of Nodame, but the music scenes do get boring after a while, at least for me.

Up to now, I do enjoy Pari-hen.
Old 2008-11-02, 08:16   Link #207
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I was a bit disappointed with episodes 1-3, but episode 4 redeemed it a bit for me
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Although everyone are disliking them for omitting the musical scenes, but for someone who has absolutely no knowledge of classical music or lack to understand the art of it (someone like me), its good that they're cutting out or shortening some the music scenes. I do understand that the music scenes is suppose to be an important part of Nodame, but the music scenes do get boring after a while, at least for me.

Up to now, I do enjoy Pari-hen.
The music is what made this show so special, especially for musicians / people knowledgeable about classical music. It set it apart from other shows featuring music and was pretty much the only one to feature the wonder that is a classical piece. For someone not knowledgeable in music to like the show and listen to the music and appreciate it is a good thing because it broadens their tastes and hopefully gets them to want it more.
To be honest, if someone didn't like the classical music, they could just fast-forward. Those of us who do like it could sit through it and be happy. But as of now, that choice isn't even there.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 08:42   Link #208
Kirarakim

See I love classical music and I thought the concert scenes were boring during the 1st season as well. Not because I don't think they are important, I mean I enjoyed all the concert scenes in the live action version. But in the anime basically the music would play and then you had mostly still shots of the orchestra with rare movement here and there. I don't understand what the point of that was. I can just listen to the music on a CD and press pause on the anime and it would have the same effect.

I do wish the 2nd season would focus more on the concert scenes though since the little we see of the concert scenes is actually animated. Maybe not the best animation but its still a vast improvement over season 1.

If only we could combine the two directors styles: the full concert scenes of the 1st season and the better animation of the 2nd season and it would be perfect.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 08:44   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
If only we could combine the two directors styles: the full concert scenes of the 1st season and the better animation of the 2nd season and it would be perfect.
Though the fact that there's not enough time to spend on concert scenes when they only have 11 episodes to work with is still in effect.
Old 2008-11-02, 08:47   Link #210
Kirarakim

Quote:
Though the fact that there's not enough time to spend on concert scenes when they only have 11 episodes to work with is still in effect.
Well yeah there is that too. It's a real shame the series is only going to be 11 episodes. But I guess they could have told less story and had more concert scenes. Something would have to be sacrificed with only 11 episodes. And I guess in the end I would rather they cover more story than less.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 03:06   Link #211
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

11 episode?

This is easily my favorite show of the season, lammmmme only 11 episodes.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 04:16   Link #212
Kahvi

Can anyone recommend which group is doing the best job of this series? Especially informative footnotes for those of us not fluent in the language of music. The first Season I ended up with half of the episodes from one group and the rest from HG . I've been considering redownloading the first season also for the best possible subs since I love this series so much for awakening a long dead interest in classical music.

Also let me know if I am ganking anyones avatar I think I got it here a long long time ago.

Last edited by Kahvi; 2008-11-03 at 04:22. Reason: avatar question
Kahvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 11:42   Link #213
CWW
Lurker

BSS are solid, but their karaoke subs aren't really made to sing along. ANBU & Anime-Keep's karaoke are, but the fonts and special effects are a bit hard to the eyes. Hard Gay has no ED karaoke so that's instant fail. What? I like to sing a long to the OP and ED.

As for actual subs, I like BSS the most, although A&A aren't terribly far behind. I have to mention that BSS made a hilarious (intentional?) translation error. Instead of "I've been raped!" they translated it to "I'm being raped!" like at this very moment. XD
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 17:53   Link #214
Irkalla
I asked for this

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2008-11-03, 20:27   Link #215
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd agree with Marina-san that episode four was probably the best we've seen so far.

I'm hoping this thread will soon dispense with endless discussions comparing the anime to the manga and live-action and just deal with the anime series on its own terms. Yes, I wish there were more performance sequences, too, but that's obviously not where the sequel is taking us. I'd guess the romance aspects are what attract the large audiences (by anime standards; it's getting a 4-5 rating). so that's going to be the emphasis of Paris-Hen.

That kiss was out of the blue, though. I guess Chiaki discovered he missed Nodame more than perhaps he knew. Still, both my daughter and I wonder what he sees in her beyond her musical talents. Is it her rather off-the-wall personality in contrast to his more uptight one? He certainly has moved from tsun-tsun to dere-dere in a rather brief time.

Given the trend over the past year, it does seem that Fuji has decided that Noitamina series won't run longer than 11-13 episodes. Only the first season of Nodame Cantabile and the first season of Honey and Clover extended beyond this limit.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:32   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That kiss was out of the blue, though. I guess Chiaki discovered he missed Nodame more than perhaps he knew. Still, both my daughter and I wonder what he sees in her beyond her musical talents. Is it her rather off-the-wall personality in contrast to his more uptight one? He certainly has moved from tsun-tsun to dere-dere in a rather brief time.
I'm not upto the Paris part in the manga, so i've been wondering if the manga goes more into detail concerning Chiaki's attraction to Nodame. It's not something needed, though i wouldn't mind seeing it. Plus it may even be something that appears in this anime adaptation at some point.

I plan to carry on reading the manga once this has finished, so i'll find out then.
Old 2008-11-03, 21:36   Link #217
MissInformed

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not upto the Paris part in the manga, so i've been wondering if the manga goes more into detail concerning Chiaki's attraction to Nodame. It's not something needed, though i wouldn't mind seeing it. Plus it may even be something that appears in this anime adaptation at some point.

I plan to carry on reading the manga once this has finished, so i'll find out then.
It does seem much less out of the blue. It still surprised me, but it made a lot more sense. The progression of things seemed much more natural.

You're probably smart to wait until the anime has finished to continue with the manga...so it's easier to appreciate the anime for what it is (it is still fun to watch). I don't know if I would have that kind of self-control. ^^
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:35   Link #218
nanafan
horo fan

i was happy to see that he had nodame withdrawal. lol. i was shocked about the kiss, but i was hoping for it. and he realizes thanks to stresseman the feelings he has for her.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 06:32   Link #219
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Opposites attract, or so they say. I'm not actually all that convinced that applies to real life anymore, but stories about opposites attracting tend to be the most enjoyable and romantic ones.

Quote:
Given the trend over the past year, it does seem that Fuji has decided that Noitamina series won't run longer than 11-13 episodes. Only the first season of Nodame Cantabile and the first season of Honey and Clover extended beyond this limit.
Funnily enough, I'd say those are the two best shows that have aired on Noitamina.

Ep 4

I don't disagree with others that the lack of music has been a bit disappointing compared to the first season, but as far as a focus on character and relationship development is concerned, this was the easily the best episode of the season so far. There was just so much to this episode, such as Nodame's concerns about her place in the musical world when she thought she was being laughed at by the younger student (which turned out to be unfounded), that great scene between Nodame and Auclair, and the even better one between Chiaki and Nodame just after his performance. This was a great episode. It had a lot of the same things that made so much of the first season so endearing.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 08:57   Link #220
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I found episode 4 quite pleasent except for one scene where Chiaki is conducting the animation as it pulled back to wider view was horrible. I wanted to make sure that my eyes were not playing tricks on me so i watched it again with the same result i dont know what happened there but i didnt like it.

Besides the lack of music this season is shaping up very well. We have entered the part that i am most interested in and thats more of Nodmae's growth. Granted they skipped over some parts but the message was sent to the view loud and clear and as Nodame and Chiaki to start to move and grow their relationship becomes even closer (though still twisted lol). What of the themes of Nodame Cantabile that i have always admired is Hard Work Pays Off. Also, i have also enjoyed how they reinforce the be yourself message.

Watching Nodame ask Chiaki to leave her alone as she explored the museum by her self for inspiration was another step forward for her. As The City of Lights starts to feel more comfortable for her and her confidence grows her piano grows as well. The kiss Chikai shot out of nowhere was just great since i was waiting for it and Nodame's reaction was classic too, for the first time Nodame could say "you dont get senpai" and that just through him for a loop.

Thought i miss a lot of the musical performance's we got in the first season. Pari-Hen has still managed to work in some of my favorite classical music composers like Maurice Ravel, Franz Schubert and Antonin Dvorak Its amazing how when you are classically trained in music how your mind works when watching the series. Sometimes i get the urge to pick up my violin or trumpet and play after watching Nodame.

Now im just waiting on Nodame special way of giving a performance those who have read the manga and have seen the live action will know what im talking about.

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina