AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-27, 21:37   Link #2221
Zippicus

This was a pretty decent show for the outrageous action elements. I pretty much disliked everything else The ending is a great example of why anime writers should not smoke crack.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:38   Link #2222
Oppai

Send a message via MSN to Oppai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
This was a pretty decent show for the outrageous action elements. I pretty much disliked everything else The ending is a great example of why anime writers should not smoke crack.
But if they dont smoke it how else will they come up with ideas .
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:39   Link #2223
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Most of BeeTrain's works end that way. Even though they killed countless people, they still get to live happily ever after. If I wasn't a yuri fan, I would be raging. =)
It saw only two works from him, first one was El Cazador which I didn't like much.
But not happy ending probably wouldn't suit there while here it works really well in my opinion.

Quote:
As for Sycthe's "Number Sisters", they easily got owned, even though they were based of the 3 Phantom's data. I really liked to see more of them.
They were just prototypes, there is no way that he could so many killers at the same time. They were meant to fail. Besides Elen and Reiji had far more experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No, most military people come home and live fruitful lives. My father was in the military. Came home , had 2 kids and lived a long life. Not many are messed up.

The past is the past. You have to march forward.

Witness protection program people hide forever. It's not like they are going back to the underworld saying "Please kill me.".

Death isn't freedom. It's the end imo.
Military was just example. Was your father in special forces, took part in war?
Yes, not everyone go crazy but they still keep seeing nightmares.

Military and assasins are different thing. Military lives to protect, assasins live to kill. They think differently. And no one is after one single soldier.

We are talking about Inferno who in such short time started to control almost whole America, not about some small mafia group. They are the biggest organization, there is no way they could hide. Witness protection program has failed a lot of times as well. Those who were fine probably got lucky or those who were after them were not so great.

Yes death is the end and at the samr time it frees you from all the suffering, pain and nightmares.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:41   Link #2224
Slick_rick

Quote:
In Noir, they just drive off and Mireille says she just wants to go to Paris and drink Kirika's juice.

I haven't watched Avenger yet, I'm planning though.
Well to be more clear
Spoiler for Noir:just in case:

Avenger ending is pretty bleak I don't know what Orion is smoking...
Old 2009-09-27, 21:43   Link #2225
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
The flaw in your statement is that throughout the entire show the theme was "Kill to live" there was absolutely no reason for them to decide that they were just going to die.
And what about when Reiji shot Elen, he didn't seem like wanting to live again.

This time it was in positive way.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:45   Link #2226
maplehurry

Quote:
The flaw in your statement is that throughout the entire show the theme was "Kill to live" there was absolutely no reason for them to decide that they were just going to die.
The flaw in your logic is that beetrain decided the ending, not them...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:46   Link #2227
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
As I said in another post below, they had met their goals. They were happy no matter what would happen to them.

Elite or not, if you met your goal, you are fullifield and have no regrets.
They surely got tired of always running away and hiding.
WTH kind of reasoning is that? When people met their goals, they are meant to die?
What kind of sick world do you live in?

We should kill all old people since they are probably tired of living and have lived their lives and met their goals. We should kill all retired people since they have no goals or completed their goals already.

People do not deserve to relax, have a peaceful life, because once you do not have anymore goals, and you have no more regrets, you are going to die.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 21:47   Link #2228
Oppai

Quote:
And what about when Reiji shot Elen, he didn't seem like wanting to live again.

This time it was in positive way.
He lived on as phantom because that was the only thing he had.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:47   Link #2229
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They were just prototypes, there is no way that he could so many killers at the same time. They were meant to fail. Besides Elen and Reiji had far more experience.
It's actually the other way around, just like Sycthe said. Elen and Zwei were just prototypes. There wasn't exactly much development, I really liked them in the game though. Their training also was far shorter, they adapted quickly, thanks to the data of the 3, just like I said in my previous post.

I agree though, Elen just had way more experience while they lacked any real experience. Reiji killed the first one thanks to Elen, the second one because she was dumb enough not to use her "super-speed" and the 3rd one thanks to Cal.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:49   Link #2230
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Well to be more clear
Spoiler for Noir:just in case:

Avenger ending is pretty bleak I don't know what Orion is smoking...
Spoiler for Avenger:

Spoiler for chaos;head:
Old 2009-09-27, 21:49   Link #2231
Oppai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
The flaw in your logic is that beetrain decided the ending, not them...
You got me, I cant argue against that.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:50   Link #2232
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
WTH kind of reasoning is that? When people met their goals, they are meant to die?
What kind of sick world do you live in?

We should kill all old people since they are probably tired of living and have lived their lives and met their goals. We should kill all retired people since they have no goals or completed their goals already.
Geez how old are you? -_-

Their are assasins not normal people! They think completly differently from you! Whole this time they thought only about killing! They had no thoughts. Then finally they got another goal, now it was fullifield. They didn't plan to die, but if that happened they wouldn't mind.

Would you really prefer to hide whole your life in fear and then die sooner or later or die happy?

Are they wanted by mafia? Are thay killers? NO! Stop giving stupid examples!
Old 2009-09-27, 21:53   Link #2233
kitten320

Quote:
It's actually the other way around, just like Sycthe said. Elen and Zwei were just prototypes. There wasn't exactly much development, I really liked them in the game though. Their training also was far shorter, they adapted quickly, thanks to the data of the 3, just like I said in my previous post.

I agree though, Elen just had way more experience while they lacked any real experience. Reiji killed the first one thanks to Elen, the second one because she was dumb enough not to use her "super-speed" and the 3rd one thanks to Cal.
Still originals are better

Well atleast we agree somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
He lived on as phantom because that was the only thing he had.
He lived because he survived. Before that Scythe shot him without any resist from his part. He seemed to lose all memories about Elen until the day he saw her again.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:58   Link #2234
orion

Quote:
Geez how old are you? -_-

Their are assasins not normal people! They think completly differently from you! Whole this time they thought only about killing! They had no thoughts. Then finally they got another goal, now it was fullifield. They didn't plan to die, but if that happened they wouldn't mind.

Would you really prefer to hide whole your life in fear and then die sooner or later or die happy?

Are they wanted by mafia? Are thay killers? NO! Stop giving stupid examples!
I'm siding with FuzyWuzzy on this one. Just because your short term goals are completed doesn't mean you don't form more. They hid for 2 years and did pretty well for themselves. They could do it again.

You live for the moment and die for the moment. Doesn't mean that you are going to give up without a struggle.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:59   Link #2235
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

As a harem fan, I want a harem ending! =)

Spoiler:

Reiji you lucky bastard, you.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:00   Link #2236
Oppai

Quote:
Still originals are better

Well atleast we agree somewhere

He lived because he survived. Before that Scythe shot him without any resist from his part. He seemed to lose all memories about Elen until the day he saw her again.
He though she was dead. Running away with her was his plan. When that failed he just decided to keep on living as phantom because it was the only thing left for him. Scythe shot because: Reiji had no bullets left and he was in shock from shooting Elen.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:00   Link #2237
Slick_rick

Quote:
Spoiler for Avenger:
Spoiler for Avenger:
Old 2009-09-27, 22:03   Link #2238
kitten320

Quote:
I'm siding with FuzyWuzzy on this one. Just because your short term goals are completed doesn't mean you don't form more. They hid for 2 years and did pretty well for themselves. They could do it again.

You live for the moment and die for the moment. Doesn't mean that you are going to give up without a struggle.
Even so I'm still saying that Reiji could be easily killed in episode 20 by Cal, on moving or stopped motorcycle. He was completly into his date with Mio.

And about aproaching carriage, do you guys notice a lot of things when you are lost in thoughts and your little world? A lot of drivers get lost in thoughts and then end up in accident.

Besides when Reiji got shot, he didn't seem to be bothered. He still looked happy, maybe even happier than before (and he definetly lived for about 30 seconds before falling)
Old 2009-09-27, 22:03   Link #2239
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Avenger:
Spoiler for Avenger:
Old 2009-09-27, 22:04   Link #2240
orion

Quote:
Even so I'm still saying that Reiji could be easily killed in episode 20 by Cal, on moving or stopped motorcycle. He was completly into his date with Mio.

And about aproaching carriage, do you guys notice a lot of things when you are lost in thoughts and your little world? A lot of drivers get lost in thoughts and then end up in accident.

Besides when Reiji got shot, he didn't seem to be bothered. He still looked happy, maybe even happier than before (and he definetly lived for about 30 seconds before falling)
Don't compare with driving as the reaction time is less with driving. Actually I'd notice an approaching carriage if my life was on the line big time.

Actually, you didn't get to see his expression before he fell. That's why we can't say he's dead for sure. I doubt he was happy. Abdominal wounds are tricky beasts in anime.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen