AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 19:28   Link #1
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Question What weird dreams do you have?

Alright, I did a search for dreams in general chat and didn't see one, unless someone came up with another word for dream. This originally started under "Catholic Girls Are Scary" by Mephista. He told us a dream that he had which can be located there until this thread has been approved and then it will probably end up here. Any ways here's one of the few that I still remember:

One of the weirdest/strangest dreams that I've had was a western. I was some hotshot gunslinger trying to save this girl from some guys (about 6-8). I walked up to them with her begging for help and then all hell broke loose. I was doing flips over barrels, dodging bullets, and taking them out one by one. The turning point was when I discovered that I was running low on ammo. I saw a gun that was laying down in the dirt and decided to make a run for it. Dead sprint. Took out a couple of guys before I was out and at the gun. I did a roll on the ground while picking up the gun and ended up face to face with a shotgun. Don't have to tell you what happened here but I ended up getting shot point blank in the head. Not the end of story.

The weird part is that I just stopped and fell over in slow motion. I could see everything that was going on from my body (considering I was shot in the head, that's highly unlikely). So here I am on the ground just dead. Then like in those westerns (or any other movie) it started panning out. I could see everyone crowding around and the one person left who shot me. Then I came conscious (real life not dream), thought "uh huh, WTF?" and went back to sleep.

Weird isn't it?
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 19:51   Link #2
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

My school was being overrun by zombies and the surviving students and faculty members were being cornered inside this tiny, little classroom with me and a few other people fending the zombies off with janitorial supplies (i.e. me with a mop).

i think that ranks as one of the strangest. thing was, at the time, i wasn't exposed to anything zombie-like in nature. no resident evil, no movies about zombies, no nothing.

Spiggy: and yes... your dream was very weird. especially that part about you waking up and then deciding to go back to sleep.
Bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:04   Link #3
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
My school was being overrun by zombies and the surviving students and faculty members were being cornered inside this tiny, little classroom with me and a few other people fending the zombies off with janitorial supplies (i.e. me with a mop).

i think that ranks as one of the strangest. thing was, at the time, i wasn't exposed to anything zombie-like in nature. no resident evil, no movies about zombies, no nothing.

Spiggy: and yes... your dream was very weird. especially that part about you waking up and then deciding to go back to sleep.
Yeah, I'm strange. I hardly get any sleep to begin with so it was worth it trying to go back to sleep. Your dream reminds me of a Yu Yu Hakusho series with the Saint/Sanct/whatever beasts.
Old 2004-04-16, 20:19   Link #4
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

ok, i don't know if it's just me, but, when i sleep on the other end of my bed, i.e. my head is where my feet usually rest, i usually get nightmares or bad, freaky dreams. anyone want to try my theory out?

or maybe it's just something i heard from someone a long time ago and now it's deeply embedded in my psyche so that whenever i sleep in that position, i subconsciously recall that fact and, in effect, "create" my nightmares.

bad dreams also happen to me when i take multiple naps.
Bedlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:24   Link #5
SimplyEd
Claytard

Have your dreams ever been eaten by a big,fat and generally ill-mannered tapir?
If not, then consider yourself lucky, cause you missed one heck of a hellride.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:36   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

hmm the weirdest dream I have ever done? I was stoned. Totaly. I think my brain could have memorised it and beleive me I was in a (you think its real) dream, I was high. Was cool cause I didn't felt the phisical pressure that drugs usualy makes your body go through
Old 2004-04-16, 20:36   Link #7
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I once dreamt I was a boneless jellyfish. It was horrible.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:52   Link #8
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
i think we had a thread about dream/nightmare before the forum crashed last time..

wierdest dream so far for me.... coming out from an underground chute and having a jet engine exhaust right before my face... and the thing's firing up... talk about being flamed...

otherwise, it's just the usual dream of ppl I know of die before me...
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:16   Link #9
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
You guys have neat dreams (i wish I could be eaten by a tapir!) The only thing I dream of anymore is opening cupboards and finding poptarts...and then I get confused when at breakfast I cant find any.

There is one dream that has remained with me for a long time though, and Id have to say it was my weirdest. I must have been in 4th or 5th grade (8 years old?) So its pretty vague, but basically I was walking all around our townhouse and things were just..out of place. Some of the stuff that I remember are..there was a toy piano on the stairs but it was playing actual piano music and I could hear my friends calling to me from outside but whenever I went outside, there was no one there. Towards the end, I walked past the TV and it turned on by itself so I sat in front of it and on it was an 80's rockband. And this is what they said to me, Ill never forget it. "Kris, what you think is real, isn't real. Family, friends, school is all an illusion. (then they listed a whole bunch of things..crowbars included)...don't exist!" Then things went black and I woke up.

Where does an 8 year old get that kind of dream? I remember I wasn't able to eat my snack the next day at daycare, so I must have been pretty shaken up about it.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 00:11   Link #10
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
every dream i have is weird, i can't recall any at the time except anightmare. I almost never have nightmares, but this one is one i can't forget. my nightmare was like this...

I was in a square room, and the left part of the room had a red light, no bulbs or anything it just had a red glow all over the left part, the right part was the same but with a blue-white color. In the left part there were two chairs one in front of the other, in one of the chairs freddy kruegger was sitting, I was in the other. I was wrapped in some sort of plastic, i could hardly breath. In the blue-white part of the room my mother and other women were talking and laughing, they were having a great time, but i was in terror. Freddy aproached me and start to grab my face through the plastic, and i was scared as hell of course, but he didn't have any knives, after that he sat down again in front of me. I don't know how but i managed to scape from the plastic and sneak righ besides my mother. While i was in the plastic i screamed at her but she seemed to be unable to hear me. So when i was right besides her I start crying saying to her that freddy was just there! in the same room! and that he wanted me! but she laughed a really freaky laugh and said to me that freddy didn't exist and that i was imagining everything, suddenly freddy came right behind my mom and threw at me some kind of giant sword, i couldn't recognized it very well because at that moment i woke up. I was eight years old.

That nightmare made me pray every night for a month!!!

if i remember one of my really, "really" freaky dreams i'll tell you, they usually have no sense at all! they are completly random, like i am in some place and suddenly im in another and stuff like that.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 00:39   Link #11
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Well... the weirdest dream I ever dreamt is... Im a soldier and my squadron have wiped out by zombies and... I keep on fighting until I run out of ammo... then... wen they cornered me... and started to bite my flesh... I suddenly waked up... and it is already 10 in the morning... I think its bec. I love scary movies... especially Resident Evil and Dawn of the Dead...

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:44   Link #12
Spiggy
Invisible

Hehe...interesting posts so far. I wasn't a member before "the crash" so I wouldn't know if there was a similar thread or not. I do know that there is one now.

Simply Ed - that might have been an interesting dream to tell about the Tapir, strange but interesting. Asura - "ouch!!" I've heard stories of guys being sucked through jet engines...not pretty. A boneless jellyfish...did you get turned into calamari? Mantidor - wth!! Now that is a weird dream. What's up with the eating your flesh b/c you're out of ammo? Were you trying to trick them? I hope you didn't start biting yourself for real , read further for explaination.

I've had dream where I'm fighting someone and then I go to punch and I end up punching the wall. Hurts like hell plus I feel like an idiot. I've also had the same thing with spitting (don't ask 'cause I couldn't tell you). I was just dreaming something and then I dreamt that I spat and at the same time, I did. The sad thing is that I knew that I just spat on the pillow so I just turned it over and tried to finish sleeping. I'll post another dream from when I was like 8 or something another day b/c I'm slightly wasted and need sleep. Keep posting.
Old 2004-04-17, 01:53   Link #13
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
falling off my roof, and holding in your arms the girl you like -_-
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:13   Link #14
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
My dreams are filled with creepy things that involve Gwavie. Sorry I'm unable to elaborate upon that and keep the forum PG-13

Edit: this actually started a fairly interesting conversation with gwavie
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:43   Link #15
Leyla

Mantidor! Ahh I'm sorry, that must have been horrible for you at that age..

My weirdest dream ever:
I was playing with my friends outside but I needed to pee. So I went back home and went to the toilet. There on the W.C I had one of the biggest shocks of my life! I suddenly had a penis! With Speedy Gonzales speed I went to my mom and told her about it. She had a proud look at her face and told me: "You've finally become an adult"
After that I woke up and kept thinkin' of it the whole day..That was a true nightmare..

Last edited by Leyla; 2004-04-17 at 09:01.
Leyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:54   Link #16
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla

My weirdest dream ever:
I was playing with my friends outside but I needed to pee. So I went back home and went to the toilet. There on the W.C I had one of the biggest shocks of my life! I suddenly had a penis! With Speedy Gonzales speed I went to my mom and told her about it. She had a proud look in her face and told me: "You've finally become an adult"
After that I woke up and kept thinkin' of it the whole day..That was a true nightmare..
Sounds like something s0nicfreak would read in a doujinshi.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:43   Link #17
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I could see everything that was going on from my body (considering I was shot in the head, that's highly unlikely). So here I am on the ground just dead. Then like in those westerns (or any other movie) it started panning out. I could see everyone crowding around and the one person left who shot me
Actually, I've had dreams where I was dead and I could see everything happening through a third point of view. In my mind I saw myself running or just laying dead, and other people and stuff, instead of seing everything through my own eyes. Most of my dreams are really psycho and weird, I can't even pick one out....
But someone told me that if you tend to have fantastical/crazy dreams, it means you're more sane than the people who usually have normal dreams (in a psychological sense). I;ve no clue where the logic in that lies but...let's face it, it's probably true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
My dreams are filled with creepy things that involve Gwavie. Sorry I'm unable to elaborate upon that and keep the forum PG-13
lol! I'm not surprised :P
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:47   Link #18
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
But someone told me that if you tend to have fantastical/crazy dreams, it means you're more sane than the people who usually have normal dreams (in a psychological sense). I;ve no clue where the logic in that lies but...let's face it, it's probably true.
I never have dreams, what does that mean? *kills the theory*
Old 2004-04-17, 10:09   Link #19
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla

My weirdest dream ever:
I was playing with my friends outside but I needed to pee. So I went back home and went to the toilet. There on the W.C I had one of the biggest shocks of my life! I suddenly had a penis! With Speedy Gonzales speed I went to my mom and told her about it. She had a proud look at her face and told me: "You've finally become an adult"
Holy cow!!! I think that I would've been freaked out if the opposite happened to me. I think the dream I had last night was more of an "alcohol induced" one that I'm still trying to sort out b/c it was just wierd. I might end up posting that one sometime before the one from when I was 8.

So I'm more sane b/c I have insane dreams than some of the other population....makes you wonder how that works out
Old 2004-04-17, 10:26   Link #20
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz
I never have dreams, what does that mean? *kills the theory*
You do have them You just don't remember. People have an average of 2-3 dreams a night. I only remember them if I wake up suddenly or something...
Try this: before you go to sleep tell yourself that you WILL remember your dream. Go to sleep aware that you're falling asleep and that you're starting to dream. Your awareness will continue at a subconscious level. It's a psychological thing. It might work. Just know that you do dream, everyone dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuwing
i had a horrible, horrible dream..... i was raped by 4 girls.... they did this and that....
You remind me of that guy from Love Hina... What's his face...u know

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-04-17 at 10:37.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams