AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 07:17   Link #8861
ronin myael
lost ronin

can someone please explain to me this god slayer magic thing? i honestly don't get it. how different is it from dragon slayer magic? because they seem pretty much the same to me except for their names.
Old 2012-06-24, 07:22   Link #8862
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
can someone please explain to me this god slayer magic thing? i honestly don't get it. how different is it from dragon slayer magic? because they seem pretty much the same to me except for their names.
Well aside from the obvious (who they are meant to kill) it's all pretty much the same thing only God Slayer magic seems to be stronger than Dragon Slayer magic of the same element. There's also the fact that while God Slayers can eat Dragon Slayer magic (a Fire God Slayer can eat a Fire Dragon God slayer's attacks) but Dragon Slayers cannot eat God Slayer magic.
Ah yes, God Slayer's elements seem to be coloured black as opposed to their natural colours used by Dragon Slayers.

No one knows yet the origins of God Slaying magic, but most predict that it has something to do with Zeref.

tldr; it's Dragon Slaying 2.0
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 07:41   Link #8863
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well aside from the obvious (who they are meant to kill) it's all pretty much the same thing only God Slayer magic seems to be stronger than Dragon Slayer magic of the same element. There's also the fact that while God Slayers can eat Dragon Slayer magic (a Fire God Slayer can eat a Fire Dragon God slayer's attacks) but Dragon Slayers cannot eat God Slayer magic.
Ah yes, God Slayer's elements seem to be coloured black as opposed to their natural colours used by Dragon Slayers.

No one knows yet the origins of God Slaying magic, but most predict that it has something to do with Zeref.

tldr; it's Dragon Slaying 2.0
but i doubt the name god slayer has anything to do with slaying gods. maybe it's just a name given to power that is so strong it's deemed to be stronger than that of a god's.

so it looks like chelia is the one who has that so-called "strange" magic that jellal was talking about, huh?

off-topic: your avatar is creepy! lol
Old 2012-06-24, 08:00   Link #8864
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
but i doubt the name god slayer has anything to do with slaying gods. maybe it's just a name given to power that is so strong it's deemed to be stronger than that of a god's.

so it looks like chelia is the one who has that so-called "strange" magic that jellal was talking about, huh?

off-topic: your avatar is creepy! lol
Could be. The first Godslayer we've seen didn't give much of an explanation aside from boasting about how superior he was to Natsu's Dragonslaying.
Honestly I think Mashima just thought "I wanna make Natsu fight a stronger fire dragonslayer." but introducing another could enrage the fans so he made the next best thing, a Godslayer, which is the same only a bit different...and then he probably liked it and rolled with it so now we have 2, maybe 3, godslayers.

What's next? Phoenixslaying? Minotaurslaying? Unicornslaying?

Off topic: Thank you
Old 2012-06-24, 08:25   Link #8865
Kafriel
Senior Guest

GS magic was taught to Zancrow by Hades, whose extent of knowledge was immense; from his input, it's lost magic closer to the origin of magic than DS. This can be interpreted as simply an ancient black magic version of DS magic (hence stronger), or its predator, giving DS magic the benefit of evolution (as Mashima did with Cobra's PoV, despite his loss).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 08:37   Link #8866
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's magic that is supposedly a lot closer to the "source," whatever that is. We'll have to judge once we learn more about that source, and whether there are actual gods, or whether it's just stronger fire magic.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 09:29   Link #8867
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Wendy learned so many offensive spells? Guess she will not be just the 'support' character now.

So, similar to Dragon Slayer magic, god Slayer magic is another branch of unique magic? If its so pretty soon we will see all the other elemental god slaying magic, laying the foundation for future characters eh?
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:33   Link #8868
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Perhaps it's just me, but it looks like all God slaying magic has a bad vibe behind it, according to their legend in the manga. I just hope that not all God slaying magic users are bad people just because of their lost magic. People seem to think now that Chelia and Orga are disciples of Zeref, or at least, under his mind control.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:39   Link #8869
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I would agree 100% on the statement above, if only Zeref hadn't...you know, like, killed Zancrow in cold blood. Also, Zeref was away when Hades thrived, and it was under his wing that Zancrow learned GS magic.

And as I am typing this, epiphany: Chelia is in fact a double spy for Arcadios in exchange for power :O He's a Zeref fanboy, he's plotting something, sounds good enough to have him manipulate her.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:55   Link #8870
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He has other color variations though, it wouldn’t be suprising if one of them is black but not related to God Slaying Magic
IIRC, none of Totomaru's flames were black, and that's who Romeo gets his other flame magic from.

Quote:
Can I ship Wendy X Romeo??
Sure. The fan art of them has already started, and it makes more sense than some of crack pairings out there.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 19:47   Link #8871
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Don't you dare call Erza x Natsu a crack pairing!! I see Jelly x Erza as a literal crack pairing.
Old 2012-06-24, 20:16   Link #8872
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^ Don't you dare call Erza x Natsu a crack pairing!! I see Jelly x Erza as a literal crack pairing.
I didn't. I'm talking about stuff like Lisanna x Bixlow, or Natsu x Juvia.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:57   Link #8873
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I was just messing around - no worries.

But...Lisanna x Bixlow...? W.T.F.
I actually saw a few fanfics with Natsu x Ultear...imagine that... Or how about Mirajane x Natsu. XDD

I wouldn't mind seeing a Wendy x Romeo x Kianna crack pairing. Annnd, I'm getting off-topic...XD
Old 2012-06-25, 01:40   Link #8874
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I was just messing around - no worries.

But...Lisanna x Bixlow...? W.T.F.
I actually saw a few fanfics with Natsu x Ultear...imagine that... Or how about Mirajane x Natsu. XDD

I wouldn't mind seeing a Wendy x Romeo x Kianna crack pairing. Annnd, I'm getting off-topic...XD
I'd pay to see that somewhere. Lol when Romeo was dancing with Kina his face was right at her...uhh, lady lumps.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 04:22   Link #8875
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
What's next? Phoenixslaying? Minotaurslaying? Unicornslaying?
unicorn-slaying? seriously? poor unicorns.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:25   Link #8876
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
unicorn-slaying? seriously? poor unicorns.
Kill them all! They are evil bastards! Zeref's slaves!
Old 2012-06-25, 08:31   Link #8877
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Why make unicorn slayers when you can have exceed-slayers? They were gods in a parallel world and Happy already has a class he teaches...aye!
Old 2012-06-25, 08:33   Link #8878
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

OMG I want an Exceedslayer now!
Old 2012-06-25, 08:35   Link #8879
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
OMG I want an Exceedslayer now!
waaaahhh!!! don't you dare hurt panther lily!
Old 2012-06-25, 09:54   Link #8880
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

If you want Slayers, you can have puppy-slayers(Poor Quatro Puppy), loli-slayer(Eat them lolis!), Fairy-slayer(also known as Nakama-slayer).

Well back to topic... I got nothing....
Btw to me it seems that God-slaying magic is stronger then Dragon-slaying, but I have a suspicion that God-slaying magic has only 1 level, but Dragon-slaying magic has 2 levels, at base it is weaker then God-slayer, but at 2 level (Dragon Force) it becomes stronger then God-slayer.

Hope Wendy manages to protect her cutest loli title... er I mean protect her Guilds current performance.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen