AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 19:22   Link #341
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I'm guessing everyone in the real world that's jacked in on SAO has atrophied muscles, is being fed through a tube, and being cleaned up by nurses in some custom made intensive care ward.

They probably have tons of hospitals all to themselves.

Thousands of people in comas.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:23   Link #342
supermegasonic

o wow, SO much development, so much stuff happened. i was so pissed though that he lost like that, and he actually decided to become a guild member and than that betrayal, and than their "special" time together...
o wow....
Old 2012-09-09, 19:27   Link #343
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I'm guessing everyone in the real world that's jacked in on SAO has atrophied muscles, is being fed through a tube, and being cleaned up by nurses in some custom made intensive care ward.

To be specific...

Nasogastric tubings
Parenteral Feeding Lines
Intravenous Lines
Urinary catheters
Cardiac Monitors
.... and lots of diapers
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:04   Link #344
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Wondering why they have to spend the night before reporting....
That's something that got cut out.

Spoiler for Missing detail from light novels:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:05   Link #345
Shimapan
Try me! <3

My, my... I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. Just when I thought the series would ultimately turn into some stupid B-movie, after that horrible, pathetic boss fight last episode...

Btw, that's just another inconsistency in the anime (just adding up to the huge heap of inconsistencies and flaws already there). In the OP, Asuna and Kirito fight the very same boss together, and they eliminate it together! That would've been a lot better than the crap we got in the actual episode, where Super-Kirito does a solo on the boss (at least, a 3/4 solo), with Asuna pretty much playing no role at all. Pathetic.

But apparently, the author realised his error in that he had made Kirito way too overpowered and thus nerfed him back on a normal niveau
The fight against the guild leader went as one would reasonably expect: despite using his super-skill, Kirito didn't really have a chance and could merely put a scratch on Heathcliff's cheek, whose shield was inpenetrable. Heathcliff didn't have much of a problem of finding an opening and striking down Kirito.

This also thankfully marks the end of all this retarded "Super-Solo-Kirito saves the world all by himself" crap we were fed before. Now that was really high noon.

When pausing in front of the dungeon, Kirito was *way* too naive - and the other guy as well (which reminded me of the nameless ensigns in Star Trek which appeared at the beginning of the episode, just to die a little later).
Kuradeel holding a serious grudge against him because of Asuna, yet he unthinkingly drinks the water prepared by him? (That bit seemed odd to me - what's there about simple *water* that needs to be prepared).
It would've been better to just fake drinking it, and then, upon Kuradeel's smirk, fake paralysis. When he busies himself with the other and doesn't pay attention, attack his back.

Also, this "paralysis" effect is very unbalanced, as it lasts *way* too long. Using it, even the strongest player can be taken down, and then, whoever used it can even take his time to kill him. That's yet another very unfair feature of the game, besides stuff like sleep PK.

Finally, we get Asuna and Kirito together.

Asuna takes off her clothes and asks you to do the same. What do you do?

a) Rip off my clothes and get ready for action! We don't even need to think of condoms here.

b) Eww, a girl! Can't I have Heathcliff strip for me?

c) Too old... Now if this was Silica instead...

For a moment, even the "Gay" option seemed possible for Kirito, but then, the "Pedobear" option seemed more probable. He eventually thought it through, realised that he probably won't get to see Silica anymore and thought it better to take what he can get, thus getting at least a kiss. I doubt that anything really happened, or Kirino wouldn't have been fully dressed when sitting on the bed.

Anyway, that's already a good start for the following episodes. Kirito taking a break from the frontline is obvious, as he is an orange player now for doing in Kuradeel (even though that was well-deserved), so he needs to at least take a break until the orange wears off.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:07   Link #346
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Anyway, that's already a good start for the following episodes. Kirito taking a break from the frontline is obvious, as he is an orange player now for doing in Kuradeel (even though that was well-deserved), so he needs to at least take a break until the orange wears off.
He's not orange.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:11   Link #347
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He's not orange.
It seems you didn't pay attention. It was explained before that you *always* become orange when killing another player - completely regardless if you killed a playerkiller or some innocent player. So of course Kirino is orange now (if he isn't, then that's just another of the many inconsistencies).
Old 2012-09-09, 20:13   Link #348
Clarste
Human

Quote:
It seems you didn't pay attention. It was explained before that you *always* become orange when killing another player - completely regardless if you killed a playerkiller or some innocent player. So of course Kirino is orange now (if he isn't, then that's just another of the many inconsistencies).
When did it say that?
Old 2012-09-09, 20:13   Link #349
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I thought it was orange for crimes, red for killing. That's what he told Silica.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:14   Link #350
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

I would like to add one thing that I forgot to add earlier.

The fact that Kirito did not hesitate to kiss her was right after the near-death experience. You see, usually, when one gets a near-death experience, he will think of the person dearest and closest to him, and that's what happened to Kirito

When that happened, it means he's fated to be with her (and hence the no-hesitation to kiss her and be with her, and...well...the lovey-dovey and all.), and hence the fact that he's not ready to die yet, because he has someone he needs to cherish and protect.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:16   Link #351
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
But apparently, the author realised his error in that he had made Kirito way too overpowered and thus nerfed him back on a normal niveau
I should think that you would see how the two events are connected, and not the author going "oh sh*t, shouldn't have done that!". He was built-up because it set the stage for him to be dragged into the guild, only for us to see that he isn't invincible after all. If not for that situation, a) it wouldn't have prompted Asuna to want to seek leave from the guild, b) it would not have caused Heathcliff to have such an interest in fighting him, and c) led to the subsequent events that followed.

You may believe that the author is just randomly making things up as he goes along, but I don't think the evidence supports that.

Quote:
For a moment, even the "Gay" option seemed possible for Kirito, but then, the "Pedobear" option seemed more probable. He eventually thought it through, realised that he probably won't get to see Silica anymore and thought it better to take what he can get, thus getting at least a kiss.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or facepalm at this...

Quote:
They never said that.

Episode 5, around 20:00. "I'm green, so if you touch me you'll turn orange."

It was never stated or implied that he'd turn orange for touching an orange player. In fact, she was trying to use the fact that there'd be a consequence to touching her because she was green as leverage. So the implication is clearly that you don't turn orange for hurting/killing orange people.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:51   Link #352
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. Really captured Kuradeel's insanity and you could see the distance between Kirito and Asuna shorten even more. Don't know why he saw Sacchi first when he was about to die... but at least he thought of Asuna in the end!
Old 2012-09-09, 20:53   Link #353
Karakuri

Quote:
Kuradeel holding a serious grudge against him because of Asuna, yet he unthinkingly drinks the water prepared by him? (That bit seemed odd to me - what's there about simple *water* that needs to be prepared).
It would've been better to just fake drinking it, and then, upon Kuradeel's smirk, fake paralysis. When he busies himself with the other and doesn't pay attention, attack his back.

Also, this "paralysis" effect is very unbalanced, as it lasts *way* too long. Using it, even the strongest player can be taken down, and then, whoever used it can even take his time to kill him. That's yet another very unfair feature of the game, besides stuff like sleep PK.

a) Rip off my clothes and get ready for action! We don't even need to think of condoms here.

For a moment, even the "Gay" option seemed possible for Kirito, but then, the "Pedobear" option seemed more probable. He eventually thought it through, realised that he probably won't get to see Silica anymore and thought it better to take what he can get, thus getting at least a kiss. I doubt that anything really happened, or Kirino wouldn't have been fully dressed when sitting on the bed.

1 - We don't know if Kirito knew the water was prepared by Kuradeel, odds are, if he knew it was prepared by Kuradeel, he would either fake he was drinking, or he wouldn't drink at all. ( Why would he know? I mean, you'd really expect him to ask who prepared, and what does it have in it? Seriously? What would happen to the " trust " inside guild members? Atleast Godfrey would not think nicely of him, after showing he didn't trust them )

2 - The paralysis effect took way too long, indeed. But, it was prepared by LC, probably most paralysis don't take this long, but, you see...LC is a PK-Guild, which means they try to create methods which can give them atleast 90% of chance to kill someone without being fought back, so, they would create a powerful paralysis drink/what ever, which most people can't. - Since they would research more about those methods than other people.

3 - I Loled pretty hard on that one. Damn, haven't laughed like this for a few hours...
" Something " did happen for sure, you don't expect everyone to be naked while watching at their lover, and probably he was going to leave to some place... - Not to mention, it only takes a *click* to dress yourself up.
And...if nothing happened, why would she be naked? If nothing happened, wouldn't she be pretty embarrassed because he was sitting there, watching her, and suddenly she wakes up because of him, and all she has to cover herself is the bed sheet? - She didn't even mind it, she was pretty comfortable, which means they did it - Cmon...let's be honest...no need to think we have dirty minds, it's pretty obvious in this one.

4 - Kirito isn't orange. He killed a player which was already a red player ( I think so? Don't remember ). If you think it's unfair, well...If you kill someone who tries to kill you, it's self defence, yet it's unfair if you get away with it? Sure, be a victim of attempt of murder, kill him to save your life, and go to jail for saving yourself, probably you should be charged as guilty because you didn't want to die in the hands of a maniac...I really don't get your common sense in here...
Even in games it's the same way: If you kill someone, or try to, you must be prepared to face the fact that, you are no longer protected by " The System " - If you can say so - which means, if you're trying to kill someone, you may be killed instead, and that person will get away with it. However, the only part which differs in this aspect from reality, is that, if you kill someone who has killed other people, you get away with it, unless his " crimes dissapeared ". And in real life, you'll get arrested for that.
Edit: Most games I've played were like this, probably some games differ from the " If you kill someone who has killed other people you get away with it, unless his " crimes dissapeared ", but I think this is pretty much common.

Edit 2 : DragoZERO - Probably he saw Sachi because, he thought he would end up dying without saving anyone? I mean, she died " because of him " - He thinks - so, I think he thinks he should keep living for her sake? Obviously he lives for Asuna's sake too, but he still feels guilty, and he promised her he would clear the game ( IIRC ), dying like this...wouldn't be too good.

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-09 at 21:10.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:42   Link #354
Somnus
Eh?

I feel sorry for the mods. LN readers can't really keep to themselves at all (saying this as an annoyed LN reader).

Seriously people (I know us norms shouldn't be policing here), there are countless other threads to post spoilers.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:43   Link #355
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Well considering Kayaba probably designed it and the gear by himself so the gear would trap anyone in inn the first place, he probably added the sex function privately in a moment of epiphany: "Hey! I should add sex, or else everyone would get bored and suicide." However the boy girl ratio must make it hard on the guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...brings forth "...jizzed in my pants..." and "...dont drop the soap..." to a whole new level...
Like they say about sailors & submarines. 100 sailors go in, 50 couples come out after their 6 month tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Those SAO victims are distributed all across Japan. There were people making comments and blowing things out of proportion and saying that the sudden influx of 10,000 victims would collapse Japans infrastructure, OMG the doomsday!!! But someone already investigated facts and today Japan has around 5000 hospitals, imagine in 10 years with newer technology, medical science and stuff. Even ERs around the world attend hundreds to thousands of patients each everyday. Most Japanese hospitals are equipped with ICUs and wards ready to accommodate to dozens of people in coma or critical status. So adding an average 2 ppl to each hospital isn't a lot. Japan is a 1st world country, not some backwater African hellhole.

Quote:
You were not paying attention to the subtleties of the dialogues between Rosalia and Kirito in episode 4

RelentlessFlame already explained. But basically Rosalia implied that Kirito would attack her orange PK mates, no problem, and be safe and stay green. But eventually Kirito would need to catch Rosalia or attack her and attacking green players like her turns you orange.

Spoiler for Comparison to the Novels:

Quote:
Kuradeel holding a serious grudge against him because of Asuna, yet he unthinkingly drinks the water prepared by him?
My god, did you pay attention to the show? Kirito didn't know who prepared the lunch. They sit and Godfree brings the lunch out of his inventory and throws it at them. We were confirmed that it was "prepared" by Kuradeel after Godfree mentions it. And also prepared would have other meanings, like Kuradeel bought the food from and NPC and packed the lunch before giving it to Godfree.

Quote:
Not bothering to delve into this, there are already many previous comments comparing its effects to other RPGs and MMOs and it's nothing outstanding, the effect is par of the course.

Quote:

Wow really? Is that what you thought about the scene? Let me translate it for you in simple words so you can understand.
1) Kirito in the previous scene asked to be with Asuna for the night in innocent way, to be his emotional support.
2) Asuna thought Kirito meant sex.
3) Now this lead to the undressing scene and the dialogue afterwards where they realized the misunderstanding and the awkward situation between the two. Kirito wasn't thinking about sex nor even prepared.

And even then, the scene afterwards with Asuna naked under the bedsheets imply that in the end they did it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-09 at 22:49. Reason: please use spoiler tags when comparing to the novels
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:52   Link #356
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I feel sorry for the mods. LN readers can't really keep to themselves at all (saying this as an annoyed LN reader).

Seriously people (I know us norms shouldn't be policing here), there are countless other threads to post spoilers.
I have a bad habit of responding and reporting at the same time. Which just gets my response deleted.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:57   Link #357
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I have a bad habit of responding and reporting at the same time. Which just gets my response deleted.
Nevermind if anyone saw what I said in here. Didn't read what happened up in there.
I only knew what happened about that situation when they had already mentioned it =/
Sorry about what happened, once again guys.

Somnus - I don't really think I should be saying this, but I would've liked if you had said ( atleast about ) my name in there, and not LN readers in general ( though I know it wasn't really in general, and only towards us, who talked a bit about it ), I kind of feel bad about every other LN because of me...

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-09 at 23:08.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:18   Link #358
Starlightz

Quote:
The fight against the guild leader went as one would reasonably expect: despite using his super-skill, Kirito didn't really have a chance and could merely put a scratch on Heathcliff's cheek, whose shield was inpenetrable. Heathcliff didn't have much of a problem of finding an opening and striking down Kirito.
I don't know if you realized, but the guild leader is another "super-skill"'s user whose hp has never dropped to 50% even in boss fights before
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:23   Link #359
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
I don't know if you realized, but the guild leader is another "super-skill"'s user whose hp has never dropped to 50% even in boss fights before
Well, that probably doesn't matter...as long as " Super-Duper-Hyper-Mega-Solo-Kirito " loses, it'll be just fine.
Edit: I think it's normal for a TOP Player to not drop to 50% if he's always in parties, though - They switch, therefore it is unlikely you'll get hit that often.
I mean...you're switching, and those are also let's say, like...10 TOP Players of those 500. That's a great advantage in a game. You only lose much more than half if you're not careful. I've seen people Solo Bosses at high level, without even dropping to 50% too ( Of course it took them a long, long, long time ), that's because they were already used to the game and everything, plus, they knew their characters pretty well. Knowing when to use those skills, when to avoid attacks, etc. - But I guess it's because they had great items too ( Like...20% + dmg agaisn't mobs, etc, etc ), in which, if those were included in SAO, it would've been much easier to them. ( Atleast I don't think those are included )

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-09 at 23:38.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:32   Link #360
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
Well, that probably doesn't matter...as long as " Super-Duper-Hyper-Mega-Solo-Kirito " loses, it'll be just fine.
Pray for a rematch...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote