AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-13, 20:36   Link #121
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I think that was something that a.f.k stuck in there on their own. I think I saw someone say it was from one of the Ah Megami-sama OST's.
Old 2006-07-13, 21:39   Link #122
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

He might be talking about that song in the epilogue that was performed on piano and not the ending splash screen. It has the same melody as the very beginning of Melancholy I during Kyon's speech. (It also makes multiple appearances throughout the series.)
Old 2006-07-14, 04:35   Link #123
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
err mind explaining more.... in detail?
Old 2006-07-14, 05:50   Link #124
Shin_Battousai

Considering he said it's also at beginning, if you had watched the beginning of episode 14, you'd hear the tune when you see Kyon and his sister brushing their teeth. It's also at the end, where it starts about when Kyon talks about submitting the paperwork for the SOS-dan etc and he is waiting for Haruhi to arrive.

What Shirobane is talking about is that it is also played right from the he beginning of episode 2(broadcast order) where Kyon talks about believing in Santa etc
Old 2006-07-14, 09:11   Link #125
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai
Considering he said it's also at beginning, if you had watched the beginning of episode 14, you'd hear the tune when you see Kyon and his sister brushing their teeth. It's also at the end, where it starts about when Kyon talks about submitting the paperwork for the SOS-dan etc and he is waiting for Haruhi to arrive.

What Shirobane is talking about is that it is also played right from the he beginning of episode 2(broadcast order) where Kyon talks about believing in Santa etc
And another version about 20:58 to 21:54 in episode 4, when Kyon tells Haruhi that they have to forfeit, and treats the gang to lunch.

It's my favourite BGM of the series.
Old 2006-07-19, 02:01   Link #126
kinship

yepp thats about right, its also played in ep 2 at the beggining when kyon is talking to himself, i think ive heard it somewhere else but i have no clue. But seeing there are at least 3 versions of this song it might be an original.
Old 2006-07-19, 12:07   Link #127
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Just got my hands on the three character singles, and wow, can Chihara Minori-n sing. Haruhi's songs are energetic as expected, while Mikuru's songs sound like they come from a shoujo anime, but Yuki's techno-melancholic songs are just......wow.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:27   Link #128
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I finally tracked the character singles down.

Mikuru's 'Three, two, one, hai!' just leaves me in stitches every time. And then the 'yum yum yum, chibitto' that follows delivers the knockout punch. Since I'm usually rendered unconcious for the rest of the song due to l33tness overload, I can't comment on the rest of it. The second song is just lovely, and it really feels like something Mikuru would sing. Her songs fit her character perfectly.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Haruhi's, though. Probably because her songs with ENOZ were just so awesome that the bar was set too high. Although pompously declaring 'SOS nara daijoubu!' is addicting. I've had that line running through my head since I first heard it.

Yuki's songs were really good. Once I stopped trying to imagine Yuki singing them, I I enjoyed them more. Taken as songs themselves, they're probably the best out of all the character songs.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:42   Link #129
velocity7

The only problem with Yuki's songs is that it doesn't sound like Yuki. It sounds like someone who is acting in the sense of Yuki's personality but the singing doesn't bring out the serious and solemnness of her voice.

That, and I only liked the second song. The first one was too weird, and the third one didn't sound that great as a Hare Hare Yukai rendition.
Old 2006-07-19, 16:48   Link #130
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
The only problem with Yuki's songs is that it doesn't sound like Yuki. It sounds like someone who is acting in the sense of Yuki's personality but the singing doesn't bring out the serious and solemnness of her voice.
Until you hear the lyrics, it fits Yuki perfectly.

I wanted to do some translations of the lyrics but my Japanese skills are too weak to bring out the real meaning of the songs.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-19, 22:16   Link #131
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
just that the voice used in the anime speech area and the singing area is totally different tones and pitches... so its hard to acknowledge it is her voice...
Old 2006-07-20, 00:02   Link #132
Ardee

I can completely reconcile Yuki's (first) song with her personality, in the sense that this is what is going on in her head, rendered into human terms. There's such a sense of urgency there, and it matches the full force of her gaze. With the backing vocals, I can't help but picture them being performed by the crew of her DoS3 spaceship, i.e. more Yukis :-)

Mikuru's 2nd song gives me the strange sense of it being a take-off on at least four different songs from Les Miserables. Which is strange because I hardly know that music, but I keep picking up what seem to be musical references to it.
Old 2006-07-20, 11:58   Link #133
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
to be honest i find the SOS song of Haruhi veyr likeable
not only does it sound good, it has some very cute parts that only Haruhi can sing
but i try to not to listen too much the Haruhis songs cuz its too addictive ...referring to God knows...
Old 2006-07-23, 00:22   Link #134
colbY

Need Help Playing God Knows!

I seared for some topics regarding the guitar tabs for God Knows, but i haven't really found any topics regarding how to play it, since its quite a difficult song. Basically, a help topic for the God Knows, but i'm not sure how many people here actually plays guitar Thanks.
Old 2006-07-23, 09:20   Link #135
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbY
I seared for some topics regarding the guitar tabs for God Knows, but i haven't really found any topics regarding how to play it, since its quite a difficult song. Basically, a help topic for the God Knows, but i'm not sure how many people here actually plays guitar Thanks.
I'm working on tabbing it out, but needless to say, it's not simple. From strumming around to it, it seems like it's mostly (if not entirely) two power chords: A and B. The song is either in the key of E or A; I haven't pinned enough of the solo to figure out which.
Not sure how much help I am, but maybe that'll at least get you started
Old 2006-07-23, 23:59   Link #136
colbY

God Knows Tabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
I'm working on tabbing it out, but needless to say, it's not simple. From strumming around to it, it seems like it's mostly (if not entirely) two power chords: A and B. The song is either in the key of E or A; I haven't pinned enough of the solo to figure out which.
Not sure how much help I am, but maybe that'll at least get you started

I guess someone beat you too it
http://www.sos-dan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336

I've been trying to play that sucker for a while now. I'm mostly just doing the solo since i actually hate doing chords. I have a violin background, and we just dont do too many/any chords.

I'm having problem with the super fast open e 16th note. When i play it, it rings excessively. Naturally, its the open e so thats' expected. BUT, a tip that someone had was to mute the open e with your palm which helps deaden the sound so when played fast it sounds more like the song.

I keep practicing this song so much that i actually have blisters on my pinky But man....it sounds so cool to play though
Old 2006-07-24, 11:07   Link #137
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
I guess someone beat you too it
http://www.sos-dan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336

I've been trying to play that sucker for a while now. I'm mostly just doing the solo since i actually hate doing chords. I have a violin background, and we just dont do too many/any chords.
Wow... that's almost totally different from where I was going with it. I don't have a guitar on me, so I can't verify the accuracy right now. I should be able to get to one in a couple of days.

I picked up violin a little over a year ago. After playing chords all the time, only worrying about one or two notes was nice. Of course, then you have the whole new beast that is intonation to wrestle

Quote:
I'm having problem with the super fast open e 16th note. When i play it, it rings excessively. Naturally, its the open e so thats' expected. BUT, a tip that someone had was to mute the open e with your palm which helps deaden the sound so when played fast it sounds more like the song.
You might be picking too hard. Try using more controlled strokes and a thicker pick.
Old 2006-07-24, 12:00   Link #138
colbY

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Wow... that's almost totally different from where I was going with it. I don't have a guitar on me, so I can't verify the accuracy right now. I should be able to get to one in a couple of days.

I picked up violin a little over a year ago. After playing chords all the time, only worrying about one or two notes was nice. Of course, then you have the whole new beast that is intonation to wrestle

You might be picking too hard. Try using more controlled strokes and a thicker pick.
Yup, i have the violin intonation under my belt...been playing for 8yrs so i better have some of it down THe switch to a guitar was interesting, as i now no longer have to really fine tune my fingers and just put my finger down on the right fret, but the added chord memorizing and such is a pain. Oh well, i still love playing guitar, and the blisters that come with it.

Thanks for the thicker pick suggestion. That was one that i totally forgot about. I'll use one of my friends thicker picks and see how they feel like, but if you have a thicker pick already, you wouldn't mind doing a little comparison between the medium and heavy picks? Thanks
Old 2006-07-24, 15:52   Link #139
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Thanks for the thicker pick suggestion. That was one that i totally forgot about. I'll use one of my friends thicker picks and see how they feel like, but if you have a thicker pick already, you wouldn't mind doing a little comparison between the medium and heavy picks? Thanks
Well, like I said, I won't have access to one for a couple days. I'll let you know then.

Thicker picks are a double-edged sword. You can pick faster and more accurately, but if you don't have proper control you'll knock the guitar out of tune or even break a string. Sometimes it helps to rest your hand on the bridge (off the strings).
Old 2006-07-28, 21:28   Link #140
ashburn98

Well, I think here's the right place to ask. I am looking for the name of the instrumental guitar soundtrack from ep 5 (time 11:49 to 14:30). I really love the music. If anyone knows the name of the song and the artist, please tell me. Thanks a lot~
Closed Thread