AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 21:14   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So many holes... so many...

I do have one question: is this the first time we learned that the 2nd Hokage created the technique? I'm a little curious why he would even make it.
Old 2010-12-09, 21:18   Link #42
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Hm, so the Tailed Beast Bomb is so heavy that Naruto can barely hold it? I guess this means it is going to be the equivalent to the atom bomb then. Though it looks uite dangerous for our Orange Kage here, as his hands were rather damaged in the process. Its Fuuton: Rasenshuriken again, except this time, there is no Sage Mode to negate the damage.
Old 2010-12-09, 21:20   Link #43
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So many holes... so many...

I do have one question: is this the first time we learned that the 2nd Hokage created the technique? I'm a little curious why he would even make it.
No, not the first tim its been mentioned.

Why hewould make it is still a mystery though.
Old 2010-12-09, 21:24   Link #44
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

2nd probably had a wife and wanted to revive her. He's basically the only male hokage that's never mentioned with a lover.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:26   Link #45
Cael
Lurker Mode

Love the Kabuto Madara interaction in this chapter. Sounds like Jiraiya and Shisui DNA is in Madara's possession, but that he won't give it up. Still, I hope Kabuto finds a way to get a hold of it, because I'd like to see Jiraiya see Naruto's improvement and see how dangerous Shisui is in combat.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:37   Link #46
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

There's a lot of holes in Kabuto's story. Would Oro really try to summon the 4th in battle without testing it beforehand? Also Jiraiya lost one of his hands against Pain iirc, that should still be lying around somewhere in the rain village.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:55   Link #47
tarachi
Observer

Kabuto left some holes in his explanation just enough to give Madara some info. The interaction between them makes me excited when the backstabbing begins. :hehehe:
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:07   Link #48
ronin myael
lost ronin

yup, there are too many holes that i'm afraid i'd fall into one of them! lol

but maybe we're not supposed believe kabuto's story. maybe he really is holding out something. it would be interesting to see if he really did summon those ninja whose dna he claimed he couldn't retrieve.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:09   Link #49
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It was good to see the workings of Edo Tensei explained, though I don't really believe Kabuto's claim that the jutsu carries no risk whatsoever, though it probably doesn't have any immediate drawbacks. Looking forward to seeing Kakashi's squad moving out. Kakashi and Gai= Dynamic duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
There's a lot of holes in Kabuto's story. Would Oro really try to summon the 4th in battle without testing it beforehand?
Yeah, Oro failing to summon Yondaime doesn't really fit the mechanics of the jutsu. From what was shown this chapter, the actual summoning of the soul takes place during beforehand during the sacrifice ritual and the coffins are just a quick way of bringing summons to the battlefield. Logic says Oro should've known Yondaime couldn't be summoned when he tried to bind his soul to a sacrifice, which should've been before his fight with Sandaime.

But Kabuto's version of the techique isn't exactly the same as Oro's so we can't be sure...

Quote:
Also Jiraiya lost one of his hands against Pain iirc, that should still be lying around somewhere in the rain village.
Let's hope the Rain village doesn't have any crows or vultures...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:23   Link #50
Slayerx

Y'know I thought it was kind of funny when they said Jaiya's body was lying under the ocean... namely conisdering the fact that the rain village is land locked. Sure he probably should have said Lake or something, but it still amused me a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi
Kabuto left some holes in his explanation just enough to give Madara some info. The interaction between them makes me excited when the backstabbing begins. :hehehe:
Yes at this point, the chess game going on between madara and Kabuto is the only thing i find really interesting in this war. honestly they just both seem so good at what they do that its hard to call a winner especially since we don't know exactly what Kabuto is planning... One might wonder why Kabuto caved in to madara considering how much madara seemed to fear him earlier; though it could be that Kabuto understands that if Madara is standing up to him despite knowing what Kabuto is capable of, either means madara is incredible confident or he's bluffing and Kabuto just failed to spot it... though i do hope that Kabuto still kept a trick or to up his sleeve about Edo Tensei; if not i feel like this might spell the end of Kabuto as he will loose his usefulness if Madara can use the technique himself... and really i think at this point I prefer Kabuto to madara as far as villains go

As for the rest of the war... frankly after the failure of Sasori and Deidara I have rather low expectations about the match ups and fighting. And Naruto's training bores me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Yeah, that will piss him off.

I do like how Edo was basically called broken in-universe though

About Kabuto getting the DNA. Some are plausable, while others are less so.

Jinchuuriki? Fine, easy.

Kage's? Harder,but possible.

Sasori and Deidara? That I would liked explained.

Either he found the remains of Sasori's real body, or managed to get hold of that heart.

Deidara... Only way I can see it is if he managed to get ahold of his DNA from the remains of the arm that got crushed by Gaara, or he somehow got it before hand, neither of which sit well with me.

Then again, we did see Kabuto around the time Deidara kicked the bucket, didn't we
I might also bring up Sai's brother... i mean considering the secrecy of root, i would imagine that their ninjas would be incredible obscure, and probably be destoryed throughly after they died
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:33   Link #51
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Y'know I thought it was kind of funny when they said Jaiya's body was lying under the ocean... namely conisdering the fact that the rain village is land locked. Sure he probably should have said Lake or something, but it still amused me a bit
He could've fell into a river that flows into the ocean.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 22:45   Link #52
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Oh, thats what happen to Danzou's lack...SNAP!...damn
Old 2010-12-09, 23:28   Link #53
secretzfan
*Fansubber

This chapter was good a nd interesting as it didn't go much into depth on Naruto's trainning which I always believed was always to drawn out!!
This focused more on Madara and Kabuto along with the war. Making it that much more better. Esspecially the war that was the best. This new justu that brings back the old freinds and enemies of Naruto's past is killer and no limits is Kabuto and
adara together make a team that can stand up to god
Old 2010-12-09, 23:32   Link #54
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
wasnt Jiraiya arm blown off and not cut off? so it would be useless because its pretty much ashes?
Old 2010-12-10, 00:00   Link #55
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Damn I thought Haku's jutsu was pretty awesome. Also thought it was sweet how he defended Zabuza, very in-character.

Lots of explanation going on, and I don't know whether to believe Kabuto on the matter of the technique having no drawback whatsoever.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 00:51   Link #56
Sir-Nemesis

Other Rasengan o_O?

And in the next charpter Zabuza vs Kakashi II ?
Old 2010-12-10, 00:54   Link #57
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
2nd probably had a wife and wanted to revive her. He's basically the only male hokage that's never mentioned with a lover.
No he wanted to revive his dead dog Tiny.

Oh, and you think I'm gonna get pissed about Edo Tensei? Nah, I pretty much knew from the start that it was a ridiculous broken move. What's really sad though is Kishi's attempts to justify it.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2010-12-10 at 01:17.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:03   Link #58
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
No he wanted to revive his dead dog Tiny.

Oh, and you think I'm gonna get pissed about Edo Tensei? Nah, I pretty much knew from the start that it was a ridiculous broken move. What's really sad though is Kishi's attempts to justify it.
To justify what? 'It' is a vague word, and in the context you just gave, it can be a number of things.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:50   Link #59
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Why he would make it is still a mystery though.
Thinking about it I might be willing to believe that Tobirama meant to bring dead allies back to life and allow them to fight again; and being allies that means fighting again by their own free will... and then Orochimaru twisted it by taking away the free will aspect...

however the very fact that it requires a human sacrifice, even an enemy one, still makes it seem kind of evil...
Espeically when you think about how many lives that were likely used to create the technique
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 01:58   Link #60
Lunarskylar

haha another bog named tiny, man i hope not

i like how kishi ties in things that you would think he would have long forgotten,
yea the only logical explanation is that kabuto has a more advanced version of edo, that can let you make the zombies on the spot
maybe oro's version had to use the coffins as a catalyst, like an easy bake over xD who wants to imagine oro as a chef baking hokages?

and of course kabuto wants to "suck" out oro's chakra from anko
i can't imagine he's been gettin any since he went all snake mode
i see anko living for a while though

edit: LOL at the naruto world's version of bbm
only the real gs can wear those on their heads all day