AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-07-09, 08:54   Link #281
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, they're not doing it to create a battlefield-oriented/certified weapon - it's pretty much for both the lulz and the wow factor.
Old 2011-07-09, 21:40   Link #282
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
The idea of putting three weapons together isn't new.

I recall Kalashnikov experimented with the design for a bull pup assault rifle with three barrels side by side and fed from a like a quad stack magazine.

That said the tri-AR is pretty neat but would be pretty useless in any form of engagement.
I thought the end result of that "failure(?)" was the OC-14 Groza.
Old 2011-07-12, 04:26   Link #283
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I thought the end result of that "failure(?)" was the OC-14 Groza.
Hmm, the Groza was just a modified AK-74S to my knowledge. I believe the weapon I'm talking about was part of the TKB line which I just looked up isn't a Kalashnikov design at all, my apologies.

Other news, finally got my T-Bolt 22LR together and ready to go!

And the mounts were worth the wait, they're so bloody shiny!

I reckon towards the end of the year I'll try and get another T-Bolt Varmint in 22WMR to match this one. Same scope and mounts.

They can be twins!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 20:21   Link #284
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
hmm, the groza was just a modified ak-74s to my knowledge. I believe the weapon i'm talking about was part of the tkb line which i just looked up isn't a kalashnikov design at all, my apologies.

Other news, finally got my t-bolt 22lr together and ready to go!

and the mounts were worth the wait, they're so bloody shiny!

i reckon towards the end of the year i'll try and get another t-bolt varmint in 22wmr to match this one. Same scope and mounts.

They can be twins!
i demand that you put some bullets beside it. Plox.
Old 2011-07-16, 22:15   Link #285
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I sighted my T-Bolt in yesterday morning with a box of Winchester 42gr Max Power Points and was very impressed. 3/4" groupings at seventy-five yards with my nice and steady hands!

And then the icing on the cake is this morning whilst I went for a run along the driveway - the driveway into my farm is one and a half kilometres... - I encountered a fox mopping around the hay bales.

So when I got back to the house I got the T-Bolt out, loaded up a magazine and ran back up the driveway again where I proceeded to walk lines along the hay bales trying to flush this fox out.

In the end I gave up and as I turned to go back to the house I saw the fox further down the driveway around a hundred metres at a different lot of hay bales and he saw me and started to move towards the bush. I sprinted like a bastard with the rifle to get closer and I must have been at around eighty or ninety yards.

I dropped to a knee and put sights on the fox and slowly whistled to try and get it to stop. I was going for a headshot because I don't think a 22LR would kill with a body hit and as the fox stopped I quickly lined it up and squeezed of a shot.

But I forgot how much a 22LR would drop since it was already dropping a bit at it's 75 yard zero and the round went low and lodged itself somewhere in the fox's neck or chest. It did a big whip lash jump as it got hit and ran off at full speed into the bush.

I found some blood trails so hopefully the bloody thing will bleed out in the bush.

Old 2011-07-18, 01:13   Link #286
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I sighted my T-Bolt in yesterday morning with a box of Winchester 42gr Max Power Points and was very impressed. 3/4" groupings at seventy-five yards with my nice and steady hands!

And then the icing on the cake is this morning whilst I went for a run along the driveway - the driveway into my farm is one and a half kilometres... - I encountered a fox mopping around the hay bales.

So when I got back to the house I got the T-Bolt out, loaded up a magazine and ran back up the driveway again where I proceeded to walk lines along the hay bales trying to flush this fox out.

In the end I gave up and as I turned to go back to the house I saw the fox further down the driveway around a hundred metres at a different lot of hay bales and he saw me and started to move towards the bush. I sprinted like a bastard with the rifle to get closer and I must have been at around eighty or ninety yards.

I dropped to a knee and put sights on the fox and slowly whistled to try and get it to stop. I was going for a headshot because I don't think a 22LR would kill with a body hit and as the fox stopped I quickly lined it up and squeezed of a shot.

But I forgot how much a 22LR would drop since it was already dropping a bit at it's 75 yard zero and the round went low and lodged itself somewhere in the fox's neck or chest. It did a big whip lash jump as it got hit and ran off at full speed into the bush.

I found some blood trails so hopefully the bloody thing will bleed out in the bush.
22LR doesnt have an HP version, right? if it did, fox go bye2x by hemorrage. and recently my uncle said he be buying a gun that sports the 45-70 wildcat... whatever that bullet looks like since all I know that holds that thing is a Contender that looks like its cut out from a rifle
Old 2011-07-18, 02:08   Link #287
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
22LR doesnt have an HP version, right? if it did, fox go bye2x by hemorrage. and recently my uncle said he be buying a gun that sports the 45-70 wildcat... whatever that bullet looks like since all I know that holds that thing is a Contender that looks like its cut out from a rifle
I don't believe so.
However, if you want a high-power .22 caliber weapon might I suggest a .22 magnum.

Something along the lines of this lever-action rifle (
http://www.ozarkguns.com/rifles/henr...tion_22mag.htm)
is excellent for small game/varmit shooting.

We use a .22 mag our here where I live to control foxes (we have chickens).
Works well.
Old 2011-07-20, 20:46   Link #288
Lost Cause

Beautiful T-Bolt fall!
.22 Long Rifle hollow point ammo is fairly common over here. But I'm with fall on using something heavier on fox. Most of my kin folk tend to run either a .222 or .223 bolt action rifle. Although my Daddy likes his old H&R .22 Magnum semi-auto rifle for them and racoon.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 21:29   Link #289
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Beautiful T-Bolt fall!
.22 Long Rifle hollow point ammo is fairly common over here. But I'm with fall on using something heavier on fox. Most of my kin folk tend to run either a .222 or .223 bolt action rifle. Although my Daddy likes his old H&R .22 Magnum semi-auto rifle for them and racoon.
sooner or later, I am so gonna ask my uncle for a winchester copy. I got to hold the shotgun lever action that fired birdshot (did not want be to use buck on it for reasons he didnt tell) tho.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:58   Link #290
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

The last four days, all I've wanted to do is get out my T-Bolt, set up my targets and have some bloody fun.

But for the last four days there has been heavy rain and half of the farm is currently under water and the other half is like walking over a shag carpet after a house party.

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2011-07-23 at 05:14.
Old 2011-07-23, 05:19   Link #291
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Finally had a decent day today!

And to top things off a mate and his girlfriend were home from Melbourne so I invited them over for a bit of a shooting gallery and we got some lead off.

I experimented with a few different types of ammunition but the ammunition I originally sighted it in with remains the most consistent with the NRA rounds coming a close second.

I'll be picking up a couple more large packets of the NRA rounds next time I'm at the gunshop for use on the targets and keep using the good ammunition when I go hunting.

Definitely need to invest in some more magazines for my T-Bolt though. Twenty shots doesn't go far when you're busting lemons and limes in tiny pieces...

Yeah, so I finally found a use for the lemon and lime trees at home! Shooting clays is fun but nothing beats the dull thwack sound that emanates from a fruit exploding...

Old 2011-07-23, 07:36   Link #292
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

So on the front of those that are completely irresponsible* (yet hilarious to watch) I give you: A crazy Russian (probably seen it anyway)

* I dunno if gun users are like that in the safety of the middle of nowhere, I've only ever been to a range once and it was all straight laced.
Old 2011-07-23, 08:07   Link #293
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

He's a Professional Russian. He'll be right.

Old 2011-07-23, 08:23   Link #294
Mr Hat and Clogs

Could probably cut that do to "He's Russian." the rest is implied.
Old 2011-07-23, 14:43   Link #295
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

If the comments on his videos are anything to go by, he isn't even Russian as he lives stateside. The "Russian gun nut" thing is just his online persona. It's what Pee-wee Herman is to Paul Rubens...never mind that between the two there's a world of differences.

I've already spotted more than a couple dozen comments about how his Russian accent is all wrong but we should just keep in mind that it's merely entertainment, we're not looking for a spotless portrayal here.

But overall his videos are quite fun (though many protest against his tendency to NOT use eyewear and ear protection when shooting outdoors, though he DOES put them on whenever he hits that downtown shooting range) - though I wonder how in the nine hells he got people to lend him:
- a Bofors 40mm triple-A cannon.
- a 70mm mortar.
- a flamethrower.
- a full-auto M240B.
- a full-auto M4.
- Dragon Breath rounds (illegal in a lot of states if I'm not mistaken).
Old 2011-07-23, 19:27   Link #296
Mr Hat and Clogs

Probably off the company he buys all his soft drink and water melons off of, since he goes through so much. But yeah it's pretty damn amusing though, had me cackling away. I don't know much about guns but some of them were pretty damn impressive, like construction wise and so on. The variety of different ammos is kinda crazy too, I'm guessing most of those things are illegal under the Geneva convention or something.
Old 2011-07-23, 20:37   Link #297
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The variety of different ammos is kinda crazy too, I'm guessing most of those things are illegal under the Geneva convention or something.
Not really, it's just illegal for most civillians to have specialty rounds.

The Glock 18 with incendiary ammunition was bloody crazy.

Old 2011-07-23, 23:34   Link #298
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The variety of different ammos is kinda crazy too, I'm guessing most of those things are illegal under the Geneva convention or something.
Not Geneva, just state laws. For example, in certain U.S. states, Dragon Breath is listed as a dedicated, potentially lethal pyrotechnic device and is thus illegal to own and use. I can't remember which state FPSRussia lives in, but in some areas of the US you can get fined or imprisoned for having such ammo in your possesion.

Not to mention that in one of his latest videos (the M240B one, I think) he even fires a MAC10 with a sound suppressor...which IS a big no-no on the BATF civilian blacklist and in some states (heck, even some long flash hiders are even considered sound suppressors and therefore outlawed).

I DO seem to recall that he was sponsored by the shooting range he went to (in return for some online advertisement), but that was only for the indoors shooting - I don't think they supplied the flamethrower or the Bofors 40mm triple-A. He reportedly owns the land he shoots his videos in, though, so it means he's got some money up his sleeve, too, and thus can afford owning more than a few weapons.
Old 2011-07-24, 00:15   Link #299
Mr Hat and Clogs

That's interesting, I'm kind of surprised about the upper limit of working guns american civilians are allowed to own. Yeah, I thought suppressors were illegal. I saw in one of his videos he had something called a 'ballistic knife' which is supposedly illegal. It's just a knife fired out of a gun thought isn't it? How's that any worse then say the bola-shots or exploding rounds, or that arrow he jerry-rigged himself.

But even the Geneva convention has a limitations on what ammo can be used in combat right? On the grounds that it can be inhumane, like exploding bullets and hollow points.

I guess asking 'why make them' is kind of like asking 'why take drugs' when both are illegal. For the luls? Not getting on any sort of soap box here, it's just something I find to be a curious point.

All in the cycle of progress I guess.
Old 2011-07-24, 01:04   Link #300
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
@Mr Hat and Clogs: Did you meant his video:-

One Word: SICK.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-07-24 at 07:38.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firearms, guns