AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 00:36   Link #3781
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Johnny Knox injury. Sounds like his career isn't in danger despite needing back surgery. Great news.

Ouch!
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 00:48   Link #3782
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But they just moved to St Louis in 1995. I can't imagine the stadium becoming that bad in 16 years.
The Rams have always been a rather finicky team when it comes to stadiums.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 01:11   Link #3783
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Johnny Knox injury. Sounds like his career isn't in danger despite needing back surgery. Great news.
Thats great news. I was expecting a terrible outlook for him after seeing that cringe worthy footage.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 01:40   Link #3784
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I did see that injury and thought 'Oh, come on! Can anything else go wrong for Chicago?!' Seriously - Cutler, Forte and now Knox?! Their offense has effectively had their heart ripped out. If Urlacher or Peppers goes down next, someone had better call in an exorcist.
Old 2011-12-19, 02:22   Link #3785
Samari
World's Greatest

Big game tomorrow. Steelers fans are already sporting their gear a day before the game around the city.

Quote:
The 49ers decided early last week to prepare to face injured Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Apparently, it was a smart decision.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported tonight that Roethlisberger showed enough movement during the team's Saturday's practice to start Monday's game. Roethlisberger sustained a Grade 1 high-ankle sprain Dec. 8 against Cleveland. He returned to play in the game, but his ability to move in the pocket was severely restricted.

The stakes are high for both the Steelers and 49ers. Because the Ravens lost to San Diego on Sunday, Pittsburgh has a chance not only to take sole possession of first place of the AFC North but also to ultimately win the No. 1 seed in the AFC. The Steelers likely would have to win their last three games to accomplish that.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 02:34   Link #3786
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm just wondering if the Jets can do a complete 180 and stomp the giants the way we stomped them today. And then if the GIANTS can do that same 180 and stomp the cowpies.

Funny that the NFC East is still up for grabs, lawlz.
As a Giants fan I'm kind of in two minds whether or not I should pull for them to go to playoff. How could we lose to the Red Skins of all teams? Sorry skins-fans, but you guys are simply terrible and have been as such for the last decade and more. Giants are definitely pretenders this season, just like the Cowboys. Now if Eagles can sneak past in the playoff, I think dimension of NFC changes instantly. Not that I want to be excited yet considering there are still two more weeks left to assess the Eagles, but if Philly does manage to get in to the playoff.... LOOK OUT. As for the next week's game, I hope the Giants thrash the Jets. That's one team that shouldn't make playoff just so I can relish the collective coming-down-to-earth moment for the Jets starting with Rex.

Oh and Chargers won! Hello prediction! Come on Chargers, make my wish of worshipped as god for one day come true!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 08:36   Link #3787
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And they wouldn't be in this position had they not lose to teams they should have beaten...
that's how I feel when I look at Dallas' season...the only team that trounced us was the Eagles, the rest we just collapsed towards the end of the game...

dat feel when we should be 13-1

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 18:17   Link #3788
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Will Harbaugh help his bro out? We'll find out.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 19:53   Link #3789
Samari
World's Greatest

Way too many Steelers fans in San Francisco. I've never seen so many fans of an opposing team. I heard there are around 20,000 fans at Candlestick, which is more than I expected.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-12-19, 20:07   Link #3790
solomon

Steelers fans just materalize out of air particiles in the air, normally from the factory part of town. The prevaling winds brought the last gasps of dust and soot from the last of the Pittsburgh foundries in the 70s and and blew them across the land.

Or they could be filthy bandwagoners, who knows?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 20:29   Link #3791
GDB

Transformer blew. Game delayed. Fun.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 21:48   Link #3792
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Transformer blew. Game delayed. Fun.
LOL, it happened again. Just as The Steelers started another drive.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:28   Link #3793
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Way too many Steelers fans in San Francisco. I've never seen so many fans of an opposing team. I heard there are around 20,000 fans at Candlestick, which is more than I expected.
Not too surprising. Steelers have a huge fanbase that is well traveled (much like the Packers).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 22:39   Link #3794
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yikes, what on earth is this madness. Transformers blowing up and next to no offense?! Oh well, Harbaugh knows how to run a good grind. Keep it up, 49ers!
Old 2011-12-19, 23:56   Link #3795
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Steelers fans just materalize out of air particiles in the air, normally from the factory part of town. The prevaling winds brought the last gasps of dust and soot from the last of the Pittsburgh foundries in the 70s and and blew them across the land.

Or they could be filthy bandwagoners, who knows?
Wouldn't you want to leave Pittsburgh, at all costs, whenever you could?

Game delay has got the Steelers on their Eastcoast bedtime schedule...Mofos just had to beat these damn niners...All I got left to rely on is this skittle-eatin' muthereffer Lynch next week...Dammit!!! We (Saints) need this bye!! Guess 49ners are contenders, you showed me Alex Smith...Your clutch now...Not so fast wingdarkess...
Old 2011-12-20, 00:02   Link #3796
Alchemist007
*Author

Looks like this 49ers game is all but a wrap.
Old 2011-12-20, 00:35   Link #3797
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thank you 49ers! AFC is still thrilling! And 49ers should have that #2 spot secured now.
Old 2011-12-20, 00:41   Link #3798
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Not at all, the Saints and Niners are still tied record-wise with SF holding the tiebreaker. If the Niners win out, they have the spot but the Saints are still well within reach.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:48   Link #3799
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Harbaugh helping a brother out.
Old 2011-12-20, 00:51   Link #3800
Samari
World's Greatest

I was really nervous before this game. The 49ers needed this kind of game. They needed to beat a big opponent during the spotlight especially. We were 10-3 and everyone in the media was riding everyone else's jocks because of a loss to the Cardinals. I'm glad they rose up and got physical and beat their opponent to the punch, like Walsh used to say. The offense also got a little better in the redzone. Still a lot of work to be done though. All we really need to do is beat the Seahawks at their house. Then the following week we should beat the Rams. I hope the Saints lose at least one more game though so we can have some breathing room.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports