AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 20:56   Link #21
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Okay, if anybody else is getting the libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll error, grab http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rkr6kfkhnccn8ta

If you are using Never7_English_OGG.exe, right-click to select a playlist.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 23:17   Link #22
battlerwright

How does the route system work in this game? What day do routes start branching off? What order should you play the routes in? The walkthrough is kinda confusing with all the branches.
battlerwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 23:18   Link #23
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerwright View Post
How does the route system work in this game? What day do routes start branching off? What order should you play the routes in? The walkthrough is kinda confusing with all the branches.
Day 4 is when they branch off. The recommended order is:

Yuka-Haruka-Saki-Kurumi-Cure-Izumi

Note that Yuka's Route is the only one translated in this patch. Also, you need to clear the first four routes to unlock the Cure Route, and you need to clear the Cure Route to get Izumi's Route.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 23:32   Link #24
battlerwright

alright, I'm assuming that "common route" just refers to the first 4 days then and is not really a route? Though from the script list it seems all the characters also have days 1-4.
If the routes split at day 4, are the script parts from days 1-4 just small events, or does day one refer to day one after the common route is over (day 5)? This is from looking at the script parts on the site, such as Yuka Day 1, Part 1: Tennis Match.

On another note, the site says that the patch lets you adjust character sound and music sound volumes. Is this in the teaser patch, and if so how do you do it? Also, I noticed you can't scroll up to read previous text...did they not include this in the game? Kinda odd since every other VN I've played uses this feature and its really useful. Would it be possible to add this feature?

Last edited by battlerwright; 2012-03-31 at 23:45.
Old 2012-03-31, 23:40   Link #25
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
alright, I'm assuming that "common route" just refers to the first 4 days then and is not really a route? Though from the script list it seems all the characters also have days 1-4.
If the routes split at day 4, are the script parts from days 1-4 just small events, or does day one refer to day one after the common route is over (day 5)? This is from looking at the script parts on the site, such as Yuka Day 1, Part 1: Tennis Match.

On another note, the site says that the patch lets you adjust character sound and music sound volumes. Is this in the teaser patch, and if so how do you do it?
Yeah, all events from days 1-4 are part of the Common Route. And yes, they're smaller events.

Not in this patch. We're working it out for the final release at this point.

Also, we forgot to include one file with the patch that we've added to the main page. Be sure to pick it up.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:36   Link #26
rogerpepitone

Hit pageup to reread previous text.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:06   Link #27
battlerwright

I think I'm getting a problem where the game stops working when a video is supposed to play. I just got to the part where

*spoilers*

makoto and yuka fall off the cliff at the shrine after an earthquake on April 6th.

*end spoiler*

I'm pretty sure a movie was supposed to play, but instead the screen just stays black. Also the game won't respond if I quit or alt-f4, so I have to end task it. Not sure if its a problem with my computer or the patch though. This also happens with a move that plays after not doing anything for a little bit in the main menu, the screen just goes black instead of showing the movie. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it possible to skip the movie? Also, which movie is it?

For the movie that plays after not doing anythign at the title screen, the screen is black, but I can still hear the music ( I think its the opening). Also, if I click, it will go back to the title screen. For the movie that I think played at the part from the spoiler above, the game basicly just freezes.

Last edited by battlerwright; 2012-04-02 at 03:20.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:43   Link #28
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

That depends exactly where you are:

Spoiler for Yuka's Route Day 6 spoiler:
Old 2012-04-02, 11:28   Link #29
rogerpepitone

battlerwright: Put your computer into Japanese locale, then try playing the original game (Never7-win3d.exe). Does the initial video show?
Old 2012-04-02, 14:53   Link #30
battlerwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
battlerwright: Put your computer into Japanese locale, then try playing the original game (Never7-win3d.exe). Does the initial video show?
nope, it doesn't show. That means its not a patch problem right? Any idea how to fix it?
Old 2012-04-02, 15:10   Link #31
rogerpepitone

battlerwright: Do you have any codec packs installed? CCCP? K-Lite?
Old 2012-04-02, 15:48   Link #32
battlerwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
battlerwright: Do you have any codec packs installed? CCCP? K-Lite?
I'm not exactly sure what a codec pack is, but I just installed K-Lite, and the videos still aren't working. I can play the videos fine if I play them from the movie folder with a media player, but when the game tries to play them it doesn't work.

Last edited by battlerwright; 2012-04-02 at 16:01.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:12   Link #33
battlerwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
That depends exactly where you are:

Old 2012-04-02, 19:34   Link #34
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
I will try PM'ing you a copy of my video file for that part, because I tested it and it works fine for me.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:52   Link #35
battlerwright

my yuuka video file works fine as well when I play it using a media player. The problem is that the videos fail to play in the game for some reason. Its not a problem with the video file itself. I also can't continue the game because the game essentially freezes when it happens.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:55   Link #36
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Might be a problem with your computer then, since mine plays videos in-game just fine.
Old 2012-04-02, 20:04   Link #37
battlerwright

ya, its definitly a problem with my computer, I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I'm also curious if anyone else has had this problem.
Old 2012-04-02, 20:11   Link #38
battlerwright

sure, that would help a lot. Do save files also store which routes you have completely or is that stored in system data?
Old 2012-04-02, 20:21   Link #39
rogerpepitone

Which routes you've finished and CGs you've found are stored in save/save_sys.dat.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:09   Link #40
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Battlerwright, check your PM.