Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 12:03   Link #41
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Finally saw the series. Episode 9 was very brutal and was disturbing to see Sledgehammer almost "losing it" with his "Kill em All" attitude but thankfully he went back to normal after finding and comforting that dying Okinawan woman. (I almost thought he & Snafu were going to shoot the woman's baby but thankfully they didn't and got a "What the Hell Hero" talk from another marine for pointing their guns on the baby.)
It's questionable how "back to normal" Sledge got. I mean, he titled the last chapter of his second book about his wartime experiences"I am not the man I would have been".
Quote:
Speaking of Snafu, My God is he disturbing. Not only he acts creepy(digging for gold in the mouths of dying Japanese soldiers, his morbid sense of humour, etc) but he looks creepy too (The man looks like a dead man for goodness sake!) Yet i'm still fascinated by him.
That wasn't particularly unusual though. According to "With the Old Breed", Sledge saw lots of the Marines doing that. It can't be stressed enough how much the Marines grew to hate the Japanese with very personal zeal. Even Sledge who was a very mellow fellow at first got consumed by this, and he never really forgave or felt sorry for any of the Imperial Japanese soldiers he fought against.

Quote:
PS: I still can't believe the actor playing Sledgehammer is played by none other than that kid from Jurassic Park.
Aw hell dawg, you tripping?

Well it's good to see child actors manage to break out into something else...I thought he gave a pretty good performance in this series.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 12:25   Link #42
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

I was still waiting for a T-Rex to attack the Marines.

This series has disappointed me in that regard.
Old 2010-06-03, 01:58   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
I was still waiting for a T-Rex to attack the Marines.

This series has disappointed me in that regard.
Your expecting too much. Just because Steven Spielberg is producing this series doesn't mean there will be dinosaurs.
Old 2010-06-03, 02:00   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Aw hell dawg, you tripping?

Well it's good to see child actors manage to break out into something else...I thought he gave a pretty good performance in this series.
Nope. Here's the proof.