AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 7.09%
Furuhashi Fumino 36 28.35%
Takemoto Uruka 14 11.02%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 58 45.67%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 7 5.51%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.57%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-05-22, 10:06   Link #3321
Tenzen12

It's not like there isn't good foundation for Fumino, but I feel like it could end as trainwreck nonetheles. Well Tsutsui is decent writter so I hope I worry needlesly.
Old 2020-05-22, 11:21   Link #3322
nfsac

Maybe we will get to meet Mafuyu's parents on her Route.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 12:19   Link #3323
Dragon Sin

I'm very interested to see where the Fumino arc will start, before or after graduation.
Old 2020-05-22, 19:46   Link #3324
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
So flat breasts jokes, daddy issues and "I feel bad for stealing my friend's love *proceeds to kiss*" is next.
A reverse NTR story, let's go!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 14:48   Link #3325
WingedAccelerator

Well, the Rizu route came to a close.

Just like her character, it's uneven as a whole. Has some high points, but can't maintain it throughout since her biggest enemy, "spotlight steal" played a major role again. Wish it could have maintained her last few chapters in quality from the original story, where she kept better and better.

Speaking of which, I think I kind of figured out what was bugging me. If I ignore Uruka and Fumino giving up, the atmosphere is still standard BokuBen, not BokuBen - Rizu edition. These 9 chapters could have spread sporadically with other heroine chapters inbetween and you wouldn't really notice the difference. Hence Sekijou getting her chapters is a thing. Hopefully, the subsequent routes are more tightly-written.

Finally, where in the world is Rizu's mom? (Chapter 36) She exists, her father mentioned in at one point in the manga, something with both of them going to the neighbourhood association, but for some reason, she is non-existent.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 01:06   Link #3326
Lex79

Ending was good (although I was sad for Misao passing) but yeah, Rizu showed another time her weakness as a character and her inability to carry the story on her own, even when she is supposed to be the undisputed protagonist.
Old 2020-05-25, 01:43   Link #3327
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at last.. the torture is over
If you really want Misao to be significant, don't make her disappeared suddenly like that, Tsutsui!!!
Just when I'm curious about her past, you removed her casually

next should be senpai route, right?
from now on, only my favorite girls' will be featured.. excited for it
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 02:09   Link #3328
Lex79

Next is Fumino, then senpai, then sensei.
Old 2020-05-25, 04:13   Link #3329
WingedAccelerator

Forgot to mention one thing: Generally, I would say people want more of a dating life story/route than how they will hook up route. The festival shadow is a permanent element, so unfortunately I think all of the penultimate chapters will be the hook ups, while tiptoing for 7 chapters before reaching that point.
Old 2020-05-26, 16:55   Link #3330
devil_slayer

Tbh Uruka and Rizu were my least fav girls and this route was painful to read at times.

Starting next week it's fumino at least her interactions with Naruyuki are actually FUN.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 02:36   Link #3331
WingedAccelerator

That's just ill Fumino supporter mentality. I'm basing this on /r/, but to them, Fumino appearing on one page in anyone's chapter is considered stealing the spotlight from them. To them, Fumino had the most meaningful interactions with Nariyuki without any doubt, using the jealousy chapters as examples. SMH.

Fumino in general mimicks Nariyuki a lot when they are together, or the opposite, producing the same reactions. That's why she was called female Nariyuki. It's certainly can be called good chemistry, but that's really it. Nariyuki is more comfortable with Fumino if he can Masterzone her. Not anymore in her route.
Old 2020-05-27, 03:34   Link #3332
Tenzen12

It should be also noted that once Yuiga learned read some cues and he didn't need her advice , their interactions basically stopped.
Old 2020-05-28, 00:39   Link #3333
Dragon Sin

Spoiler:
Old 2020-05-28, 00:47   Link #3334
Tenzen12

And it goes full alternative timeline. Which is great because retconing not just final arc, but also main story solidify those "what if" routes as non-canon

In other hand development unfortunately feel quite forced which is shame, I thought Tsutsui can do better if it's not Rizu.
Old 2020-05-28, 01:14   Link #3335
Dragon Sin

Spoiler for pics+summary:

Fumino stealing one of Uruka's best moments lol.

I like that this is happening before Uruka's route and not another time skip like the Rizu route. Would have felt too repetitive if he did the same thing but with different heroine. This actually makes 3/5 kinda unpredictable, of course Fumino will be the winner but it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Just hope we get over with the denial as soon as possible.
Old 2020-05-28, 01:29   Link #3336
WingedAccelerator

Based on this, my first guess is an alternate Chapter 136 as the final. Denial being a thing, Uruka and Rizu will be written completely passive and they will fold knowing they didn't do anything, while Fumino was there for listening to Nariyuki's trouble and vice-versa. The Masamune route without the last chapter.
Old 2020-05-28, 21:40   Link #3337
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Rizu's story and arc in the series overall may not have been too balanced. But I still honestly liked her character. So overall I enjoyed this route for her and how it wrapped up. At the very least she had a great time .

Glad to keep on going with the next one. Since I liked most of the cast it'll be fun to roll through each of these.
Old 2020-05-31, 08:09   Link #3338
Dragon Sin

Ah, so because of the jinx she stopped being in denial much sooner.

Though the guilt is still strong

Fumino chapters are good in comedy as always, the part where it took her one page to realize Nariyuki was there was hilarious.

Good to have Mafuyu cuteness so early in the route, I hope we see more of her here compared to 2/5.
Old 2020-05-31, 11:47   Link #3339
Lex79

Nice start for Fumino's route. With Nariyuki basically being her butler there will be plenty of occasions for them to be embarrassed and develop their feelings, and if the arc will take place mainly in her house there is no risk of having other characters meddle too much.
The critical part is still the denial thing, she is aware that she is in love with Nariyuki but she is still holding back. This would probably need a talk with Rizu and Uruka, and I hope this won't be dragged until the last chapter. There is also the chance that Nariyuki will be the one to confess and that would be the decisive push for her.
Old 2020-05-31, 12:05   Link #3340
WingedAccelerator

I'm smelling the controversy already, so not good, Tsutsui, not good.

There is no denial about Fumino's feelings, so at least that shouldn't hinder the progress. But the guilt about Uruka and Rizu is alive and kicking.

Basically, we should assume that ONLY Fumino is aware that they are gunning for the same guy, so it creates the whole moral issue. On top of that, this Fumino is making conscious moves on Nariyuki, the festival shadow may as well be considered as backstabbing, if the setup about her being the love councelor that listens and supports her friends is the same. Uruka and Rizu are guilt free, unless Tsutsui says otherwise, because they should think only themselves have feelings for Nariyuki, the other two are just friends.

So Fumino made this into a self-made problem AGAIN, which a honest girl-to-girl talk could have easily solved prematurely, but she instead doubles down, then comes the excuses, guilt about their friendship.

Given how Tsutsui did the foldings so far, I expect this as another unsatisfying one. I understand that people felt cheated, when Rizu and Fumino didn't confess in the original route, but at that time, it was already obvious that Nariyuki was in love with Uruka. Her encouraging talk prevented the guilt issues that could have arisen from Fumino's kissing attempt. The Rizu route's resolution was criminally stupid. In this one, I can already feel that Fumino will be portrayed as the victim, the others will feel bad about their passive approaches or how they took Fumino's support for granted without paying attention to her suffering from the guilt, or something like that. Surprise me, Tsutsui.

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba