Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 20:15   Link #41
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ok yeah, I see. It would be pretty amazing if "that" jutsu was a new Hiraishin. Though I never thought the jutsu quite fit Naruto, it seems like a jutsu that's more suited for someone who thinks several steps ahead. Naruto's more of a on-the-fly type fighter.
Seriously, do you think so? The #1 most unpredictable ninja does not think ahead?
Old 2010-07-13, 20:38   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Ok yeah, I see. It would be pretty amazing if "that" jutsu was a new Hiraishin. Though I never thought the jutsu quite fit Naruto, it seems like a jutsu that's more suited for someone who thinks several steps ahead. Naruto's more of a on-the-fly type fighter.
Sorry for the misunderstanding (I guess I haven't used an aside in the OP in awhile).

That being said, Hiraishin is a technique that can be spammed or can be used in well thought out strategies. Minato used it both ways (spamming the technique to destroy an entire army, or placing seal in strategic locations in order to set-up lines of defense), and if nothing else Naruto can spam the technique and learn later how to strategically use it.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:10   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, what could the 2nd level be to a jutsu that takes none of the user's chakra AND can put the seal on/in anything/anyone?

Makes me wonder if Tobi knows that jutsu. He gets around pretty fast like that too.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 21:44   Link #44
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage
Naruto did plenty of planning in his fights. Off the top of my head he planned the underground upper cut with Neji and planned the clones with sage chakra for Pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Seriously, do you think so? The #1 most unpredictable ninja does not think ahead?
Well no, he generally doesn't think ahead. He's known as the #1 unpredictable ninja because he does things most shinobi would consider horrible strategy but somehow makes them work. Not to say he's not capable of clever, creative ideas but that's only usually when the straightforward methods don't work. He did show some good planning fighting Pain though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding (I guess I haven't used an aside in the OP in awhile).

That being said, Hiraishin is a technique that can be spammed or can be used in well thought out strategies. Minato used it both ways (spamming the technique to destroy an entire army, or placing seal in strategic locations in order to set-up lines of defense), and if nothing else Naruto can spam the technique and learn later how to strategically use it.
Well, I guess I always imagined it as a jutsu that was more about... finesse. A quick, precise strike. Maneuver behind the enemy in the blink of an eye and they're dead before they realize what happened. Naruto's always been mostly about hitting things really, really hard which is why Rasengan's perfect for him.

But Naruto learning Hiraishin is something I don't really feel strongly about one way or the other. It's all good.

...Anyways, the spoiler mentions that Sasuke and Itachi were at home alone. I might be reading into that too much but isn't it a little odd that an infant and 5 yr old were left alone by their parents? Maybe they went to fight the Kyuubi, but it seems like they were away before that...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 23:11   Link #45
ibexwalya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

Instead of these who is tobi theories i would like to see some theories about why is only half of the kyuubi sealed in Naruto and what can this mean. The other hosts have the full chakra of their demon. If the other half is in the death god or who knows where then there are now 2 kyuubi souls? In Naruto's body we can see that the chakra had a mind too, so the other half should also have a mind. Or i didn't interpret chapter 370 properly, and both halves are in Naruto, just somehow separated: we can see that when Naruto pulls out the white part the kyuubi is forming a big black sphere just before he is sealed. So maybe the black ball part is the other half.
Also Naruto having a special way of 2 halves of chakra may be an indication that one half will never be extracted from Naruto, the other half maybe, and that combined with his bloodline power may mean that he can survive the extraction of one half and not lose any of his powerups.
I have one question before I begin my inquiry, Does the spoiler truly predict the upcoming chapter or is it just an assumption? On how far shall we rely on it? Last but not least what website supplies this?

You hit the spot Erosennin regarding inquiry about the two halves of the kyuubi. I have thought about this long and hard. Here it goes: in my pure speculation the yang as known that was sealed inside Naruto was the body and energy of the kyuubi while ying might refer to the manifestation of soul or the negative chakra. In my assumption if both the ying and yang were left inside Naruto the beast would be too powerful and would slowly start to eat the consciousness of Naruto’s psychic. Ultimately overwhelming Naruoto and overtaking. Remember when Gaara had the one tailed beast and the result was he was in the state of insomnia. Then imagine a beast similar but with powers nine times more powerful. The beast becomes too powerful to contain inside one person. If this hypothesis is true then it fails to explain how in the world people such as killer bee happened to survive with (I would think) the ying and yang sealed inside of them. As to the story and nature of how the beasts have been sealed inside Killerbee and others like him we have no sufficient information. Therefore, what we can say about the nature of their beasts is pure speculation.

My second speculation is when Jiraya was talking to the toad about giving Nine-tails seal to Naruto he mentioned as to Why the fourth Hokage would leave the Yang inside Naruto but not the ying part. Then he went on to comment that the Fourth Hokage wouldn’t do something with a rational base. The Why is important here. I think and sincerely think the Fourth did this for the purpose that the ying part does really hold something unique or a secret that might be revealed when Naruto sets on a quest to find it. Seeming more and more plausible, would anybody care to tell me as to why in the first place the Fourth wanted Naruto to control the kyuubi? This hypothesis seems to suggest that Naruto will have less trouble when combining the powers of both the ying and yang as a whole.
Which will serve him good when Madara as a last resort combines all the beasts he had collected and fought with Naruto who has at his disposal both the ying and yang of the kyuubi.
Old 2010-07-13, 23:32   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibexwalya View Post
I have one question before I begin my inquiry, Does the spoiler truly predict the upcoming chapter or is it just an assumption? On how far shall we rely on it? Last but not least what website supplies this?
The spoiler is accurate information from the soon to be released chapter. It is not exact (often writen in haste by an employee at a bookstore in Japan while on break), but completely accurate.

That being said, this forum disallows any mention of other websites that deal in liscenced materials. So, we can not tell you the name of any website to look for. But, a simple search on google will get you where you need to go...
Old 2010-07-13, 23:42   Link #47
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Just imagine Shikamaru with Hiraishin. Now that would be god-like and awesome.

So can we assume the Uchiha are having a secret meeting in their underground lair? That's why Mikoto and Fugaku are risking child endangerment. So who do you think is going to get blamed for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Sasuke is constantly getting new uber techniques. How is Naruto ever to win if he doesn't do the same?
Neither of them need new techniques now. They are already overpowered. Kishi is just piling on now. Someone should tell Kishi that too much crap on your ice cream sundae only gives you a tummy ache.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 00:24   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So can we assume the Uchiha are having a secret meeting in their underground lair? That's why Mikoto and Fugaku are risking child endangerment. So who do you think is going to get blamed for this?
Nah, they're just bad parents. I mean, any parent that would force their child to become a killer at age 6-7 can't really be called good, now can they? .
Old 2010-07-14, 00:27   Link #49
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Just imagine Shikamaru with Hiraishin. Now that would be god-like and awesome.
Anyone with Hiraishin is god-like. There's a reason the Fourth Hokage is a measuring stick for speed.

Quote:
How exactly are they risking child endangerment? Would you blame a parent if their kids were playing outside and got struck be a meteor?

Quote:
Neither of them need new techniques now. They are already overpowered. Kishi is just piling on now. Someone should tell Kishi that too much crap on your ice cream sundae only gives you a tummy ache.
Yeah, well, Kishi's sort of stuck himself in a loop here. People need to train to get stronger, and the best way to show that is with new powers. Only the problem is that he's doing it in a decidedly one-sided way. Naruto trains and learns a new trick that's awesome, but he can't have Sasuke be weaker just yet so Sasuke gets an automatic upgrade. Rinse and repeat. Though honestly, if Naruto is portrayed as weaker after getting the chakra of the most powerful tailed beast in existence barring the source, then it'll just be plain ridiculous.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:42   Link #50
kodok_balls

I'm guessing that THe masked person is not a single character. I mean the masked person who battled with Minato and the one who act as a tobi could be a different person, but with the same side and same motive. Maybe it is true Madara is the one who's pulling the string, but he is on a condition of incapable to fight by himself. I'm guessing that Uchiha Sishui and Danzou are involved in this. I have a strong feeling that the latest Tobi that we've seen is Danzou himself. Regardless of any logical argument I still stick with my theory unless the ultimate reveals had been shown..
kodok_balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 01:14   Link #51
james0246

^Personally, I'm more for Naruto learning some of the Uzumaki Fuinjutsu (Seals). But, Hiraishin is an okay second option.

That being said, the argument against Naruto learning a technique simply because it is one of his parents is a little silly. Very few characters in the series actually make their own techniques. They either simply use previously known techniques (for instance, all the clan techniques (Hyuuga, Yamanaka, Akimichi, Nara, etc)), or they take old techniques and slightly change them (Chidori becomes Nagashi, Senbon, Eisho, and even Kirin; Rasengan becomes Odama, FRS, Chōōdama Rasen Tarengan, etc). There are very few actual original techniques in the series (of the 1000 ninjutsu that Kakashi knows, only 1 was a technique he invented, and that was actually based off of Minato's Rasengan), so arguing for Naruto not to use his parents techniques seems a little counterintuitive based on the series itself.
Old 2010-07-14, 02:44   Link #52
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Naruto never moved throughout that entire fight. It was one big battle of the mind. He could use Sage Mode in that manner because he wasn't actually moving.

Sasuke is constantly getting new uber techniques. How is Naruto ever to win if he doesn't do the same?
You'd have to realise that Hiraishin is kind of.. a class outside normal or even super techniques. No matter what Sasuke would do against Madara... it wouldnt have any effects.. I mentioned it before this thread... what chance would Sasuke have once Naruto is able to travel instantanious at will whenever and wherever he likes. No Sharingan is going to predict something that's instantanious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Man, what could the 2nd level be to a jutsu that takes none of the user's chakra AND can put the seal on/in anything/anyone?

Makes me wonder if Tobi knows that jutsu. He gets around pretty fast like that too.
What makes you think the technique is free? Everything uses chakra/stamina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I still wonder, why it's even necessary for Naruto to learn teleportation.
He already has a move, that can do this even better: Kagebunshin.
It brings him to the wished place and lets him stay at the original place at the same time, irritating the enemy.

He can even realize long distance travel with it: Just create enough clones to cover the whole world and immediately dispell all the bodies, that aren't at the destination.

Always copying his parents' moves isn't really impressive.
Soon there will be a ninja war. And it will be a World Ninja War.... if Naruto is going to save someone or alot of ninja's... he will need it.
Example:
Hinata: Naruto a bird just flew in.... Shikamaru in Suna is being overwhelmed by the enemy they can't hold for long... and since the bird has been flying straight for 1 day....
Naruto: Right... i am on my way... ( traveling 3 days )

That's when Hiraishin really comes in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Personally, I'm more for Naruto learning some of the Uzumaki Fuinjutsu (Seals). But, Hiraishin is an okay second option.

That being said, the argument against Naruto learning a technique simply because it is one of his parents is a little silly. Very few characters in the series actually make their own techniques. They either simply use previously known techniques (for instance, all the clan techniques (Hyuuga, Yamanaka, Akimichi, Nara, etc)), or they take old techniques and slightly change them (Chidori becomes Nagashi, Senbon, Eisho, and even Kirin; Rasengan becomes Odama, FRS, Chōōdama Rasen Tarengan, etc). There are very few actual original techniques in the series (of the 1000 ninjutsu that Kakashi knows, only 1 was a technique he invented, and that was actually based off of Minato's Rasengan), so arguing for Naruto not to use his parents techniques seems a little counterintuitive based on the series itself.
Didn't we have this kind of discussion a couple years ago ... the discussion what would happend to Naruto once he figured out he's the child of the 4th. And now a pretty girl who is a master of sealing techniques.

Well i think not only is Naruto going to get arrogant (in time) but he'll definetly try to surpass them. So Naruto being a master in sealing techniques (which Jiraiya also was) is only natural. Naruto being a master and known for his speed well that's also only a matter of time. His basic speed is already top notch and above jounin level. (just a reminder.. i am reffering to the brawl between Na/Saku/Sai vs the 2 Cloud Jounins)
Old 2010-07-14, 03:09   Link #53
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
You'd have to realise that Hiraishin is kind of.. a class outside normal or even super techniques. No matter what Sasuke would do against Madara... it wouldnt have any effects.. I mentioned it before this thread... what chance would Sasuke have once Naruto is able to travel instantanious at will whenever and wherever he likes. No Sharingan is going to predict something that's instantanious.
Quite frankly, it's only fair when Sasuke gets to summon a freaking demon which responds to his will, can negate the force of almost any attack, and can shoot arrows. God only knows how uber the thing is going to get with EMS.

Quote:
Well i think not only is Naruto going to get arrogant (in time) but he'll definetly try to surpass them. So Naruto being a master in sealing techniques (which Jiraiya also was) is only natural. Naruto being a master and known for his speed well that's also only a matter of time. His basic speed is already top notch and above jounin level. (just a reminder.. i am reffering to the brawl between Na/Saku/Sai vs the 2 Cloud Jounins)
I seriously doubt Naruto is going to delve into the realm of sealing. Hell, what Kishi needs to do is make Sakura study this area. She got useless real fast and this would make up for it. There are some damn useful things seals can do. That one guy with the stolen Byakugan has a paper seal that protects his eye from being removed. Now, if you can make one that suppresses chakra, that's basically an instant win against Sasuke, as well as Madara if he could be hit.
Old 2010-07-14, 05:15   Link #54
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
I seriously doubt Naruto is going to delve into the realm of sealing. Hell, what Kishi needs to do is make Sakura study this area. She got useless real fast and this would make up for it. There are some damn useful things seals can do. That one guy with the stolen Byakugan has a paper seal that protects his eye from being removed. Now, if you can make one that suppresses chakra, that's basically an instant win against Sasuke, as well as Madara if he could be hit.
True..Sakura hasn't done anything... absolutely nothing which can be considred usefull or outstanding. In fact... i think she's the one who caused more problems.

And did't she claim to become more of use and not to rely on others? Kishimoto must've forgot about that..
Old 2010-07-14, 07:00   Link #55
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

The thing bothering me here is that we are slowly heading towards another boring "you killed my family, Im gonna take some revenge" storyline, almost smells like a Sasuke arc remake as Naruto being the emo character this time.Awesome.
Old 2010-07-14, 07:11   Link #56
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
What makes you think the technique is free? Everything uses chakra/stamina.
It uses chakra, but I read somewhere that the user doesn't use any chakra and that the chakra used is gotten from somewhere else. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 07:29   Link #57
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It uses chakra, but I read somewhere that the user doesn't use any chakra and that the chakra used is gotten from somewhere else. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Well... i am not a Naruto guru... you might be correct for all we know but... it seems a little weird if it's true.
Old 2010-07-14, 07:31   Link #58
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

This is all exciting enough.

Though I wonder if Naruto will get the Hirashim jutsus. All the shinobi have their parents jutsus. So why is it Naruto must make his own? Aside from the Rasengan, all Naruto's jutsus are his own. Only recently he learned his godfathers' jutsus (Jiraiya's Kadas sp?).

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 08:18   Link #59
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but isn't it obvious that Hirashim lv2 is actually Goku's Instant Transmission lol. Naruto just has to visualize where he wants to go and puff he vanishes haha just had to say it guys. But if it is something like that I'll track down Kishi myself and bitch slap him for all of us.

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2010-07-14 at 08:43.
9TailsOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 08:54   Link #60
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I wouldn't be surprised if hiraishin lvl2 needs sage mode to work. Using sage mode the user can feel every living thing and teleport to them. So if you balance a lot of chakra with sage mode you have more range. Now that naruto has kyuubi chakra his range of feeling things will ridiculously far.

This also got me thinking if that is the secret to defeating madara, sense wherever/wheneer his body is solid and instantaneously teleport and attack.

Also looking forward to instant transmission kamehameha, naruto style

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion