AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-17, 22:04   Link #1
evil-samurai

Naruto? or Fullmetal Alchemist?

I've seen ep.1 of Fullmetal Alchemist, and it seem ok, nothing fantasic , just wanted to know if it gets alot better??, cause i didn't really enjoy the ep. untill the last few mins when the fighting started + but also the first 3 mins intro to the story was good , and also wanted to know if Naruto is better than it??, , cause i'm looking for an anime thats longer than most , and one that has really cool fight scene , and great charaters + great music, to me right now the guy called A.L off Fullmetal Alchemist was just reallly really annoying
Old 2004-12-17, 22:07   Link #2
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
well it depends on your preferance FMA is an Action/Drama anime while naruto is well lol the same but FMA has a much much better story going for it and it gets really interesting around episode 5 and the fight scenes get really intense i would Definitly watch FMA over NAruto but dont get me wrong Naruto comes in 2nd place and one more thing the dubs for FMA suck so if u are goona buy the DVD get the one that supports the Subs
Old 2004-12-17, 22:25   Link #3
UnDeaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
I've seen ep.1 of Fullmetal Alchemist, and it seem ok, nothing fantasic , just wanted to know if it gets alot better??, cause i didn't really enjoy the ep. untill the last few mins when the fighting started + but also the first 3 mins intro to the story was good , and also wanted to know if Naruto is better than it??, , cause i'm looking for an anime thats longer than most , and one that has really cool fight scene , and great charaters + great music, to me right now the guy called A.L off Fullmetal Alchemist was just reallly really annoying
Well both of them has pretty cool music, Naruto has better action scenes and some battles are pretty impresing, but Fullmetal Alchemist has a waay better Story(even with some little incoherences in the final eps) and also a waaay better character development... so its up to your tastes...

Al is annoying and useless most of the time... but in the final ep he´s somehow useful and cool...
Old 2004-12-18, 01:04   Link #4
keisuke_san

well i would suggest FMA not only beacuse it has like a way bette story line but also the series is shorter so its something that u can actually watch during this life time if you know what i mean.. naruto is good and all but its soooo long i think its hit like 114 episodes and it doesnt seem to be coming to an end anytime soon... i donno maybe its just me but i found both the naruto manga and anime to be quite repetative...it reminded me of dragon ball z kinda .... theres some hobo how is stronger than the main charater so they have to train real hard to get stronger and just when they beat the hobo someone stronger shows up and the whole process is repeated
Old 2004-12-18, 02:30   Link #5
ManixTT

Personally, I watched both and am still hooked to Naruto. The styles are just different. FMA has a more serious side to it that makes Naruto seem almost childish. But, this is not to say that Naruto does not appeal to mature audiences. What I watch in an anime, is the character appeal. You immediately become hooked in one or more of the characters in Naruto. They're fun and adventurous, and the characters are identifiable in a simplistic way, which forces you to watch just to find out what they'll do next. I enjoyed FMA for its rich storyline thats intriguing and doesn't lag like Naruto.

All in all, everyone has valid arguments. But it all comes down to your taste. Watching them both doesn't hurt either.
Old 2004-12-18, 07:17   Link #6
Mcdonalds

Well, as a more serious person and someone enjoys science at a higher level, FMA is your drug. Seriously though, as others have said, depends what you prefer. Naruto is a more adventure fair stereotypical storyline with lots of action which is fairly similar to dbz but a lot more creative (although i started getting bored of the fights later on). Watch this if you fancy just enjoying an anime and being able to watch out very easily.

FMA on the other hand is a more serious natured anime with a fantastic storyline (in my opinion). The story's coherency doesn't really start until about ep 12 but i still found the earlier eps totally enjoyable which will eventually interlink with the story as well as develop the characters. In terms of action, there is a lot less in FMA in my opinion, but the fights are far more enjoyable for me. Short, more realistic, very few meaningless fights and far more stylish. Another thing going for FMA is that the pacing is FAR better than the Naruto pacing.
Old 2004-12-18, 15:18   Link #7
Budweineken
Crap

just get both of them.... it's that simple... dont know the reasoning behind choosing one over the other... just get both of them
Old 2004-12-19, 15:37   Link #8
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonalds
Well, as a more serious person and someone enjoys science at a higher level, FMA is your drug. Seriously though, as others have said, depends what you prefer. Naruto is a more adventure fair stereotypical storyline with lots of action which is fairly similar to dbz but a lot more creative (although i started getting bored of the fights later on). Watch this if you fancy just enjoying an anime and being able to watch out very easily.
You mean less creative right?
Old 2004-12-21, 02:34   Link #9
Milliniar
otaku

Watch both. But FMA is one of my all time faves now......stupid wait for movie........
Old 2004-12-22, 04:06   Link #10
mansour

watch'em both. i don't see how u can compare the 2. their different.
Old 2004-12-22, 05:20   Link #11
odin

It's gonna take you quite a while to watch both.. We're talking like 165 episodes combined here..So if I had to pick one, I would watch FMA and read Naruto.
Old 2004-12-24, 14:39   Link #12
luckybummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManixTT
Personally, I watched both and am still hooked to Naruto. The styles are just different. FMA has a more serious side to it that makes Naruto seem almost childish. But, this is not to say that Naruto does not appeal to mature audiences. What I watch in an anime, is the character appeal. You immediately become hooked in one or more of the characters in Naruto. They're fun and adventurous, and the characters are identifiable in a simplistic way, which forces you to watch just to find out what they'll do next. I enjoyed FMA for its rich storyline thats intriguing and doesn't lag like Naruto.

All in all, everyone has valid arguments. But it all comes down to your taste. Watching them both doesn't hurt either.
Cool. I feel the same way about Naruto.
Old 2004-12-24, 15:25   Link #13
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
evil samurari i felt excatly the same as you about fma, i just felt it was dragged out (ep 1 that is) and the rest of the series is more or less excatley the same to me.

the way i see it the topic is fma or naruto yeah?

youve seen ep one of fma.

watch ep one of naruto and then decide yourself.

my personal choice is naruto but thats mine not yours.

best way to judge it is to watch the first ep of naruto that way you have seen both and then you can decide which is better.

Naruto for me is much better as the story is more exciting, there is always twists and turns, the characters are awsome and it has every type and every character has a story. The good thing about naruto is that it has so many possiblities and the writer exploits all of them, truly amazing story. i actually get shivers watching it cause its that damn good.

fma - the story is about two boys trying to revive their mother... 52 eps (might be wrong no of eps)... still the same. i felt fma just went on and on.
My Anime List
Old 2004-12-24, 18:19   Link #14
Fel
Clean up princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Well, if you only liked the action then you might as well go with Naruto, but having seen 80 episodes of Naruto and all but the last 3 of FMA, I would advise anyone to go with FMA.
If you can get through the first 20 episodes of FMA, which mostly bored me to tears, then it will start to get quite exciting. Naruto, on the other hand, got stupid (IMO) after they left the Shi no Mori (episode 4X), but was watchable unti lthat point.
Naruto really doesn't have much more action than FMA, and the intermissions are usually occupied by fart/pervert jokes, whereas FMA goes the drama route.
Long story short, skip Naruto, get through the first 20 episodes of FMA, then enjoy. In japanese, if possible.
Old 2004-12-24, 20:24   Link #15
FireBorn

FMA dragged out..? Maybe.. I didn't think so. But I'd say Naruto is more dragged out that any (good) anime I've watched thus far. I'm one of the people who really dislike the filler.. atleast most of it, anyways.

I'd take FMA over Naruto any day. Naruto is still decent, but it's overrated and gets to be quite boring, repetitive, etc. FMA has a much better storyline, and has to rely less on action then Naruto does.
Old 2004-12-24, 23:23   Link #16
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
fma - the story is about two boys trying to revive their mother... 52 eps (might be wrong no of eps)... still the same. i felt fma just went on and on.
The story isn't about that at all.
Old 2004-12-24, 23:34   Link #17
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
Naruto for me is much better as the story is more exciting, there is always twists and turns, the characters are awsome and it has every type and every character has a story. The good thing about naruto is that it has so many possiblities and the writer exploits all of them, truly amazing story. i actually get shivers watching it cause its that damn good.

Naruto doesn't have much twist and turns that are unpredictable... Amazing story? Well. ... No. It's your average shonen story.

And as mentioned FMA isn't about that at all. In fact if anything the exact opposite. They learned from their mistakes and they are trying to fix it. If you believe that is what it is about then I doubt you have watched FMA.
Old 2004-12-25, 03:44   Link #18
Wavie
Freedom

ok sorry i am apparently trying to mislead people let me put it into better words. you naruto haters are annoyin, people slag off naruto all the time but every thursday they are online to download it. fma for me was borin and as the poster said al was annoyin, he was annoyin for me to... the main brother got annoyin as well. a few rants at me aint going to change my opinion of it. i wrote my personal opinion ok... i understand you guys dont like naruto... get it into your head that i did not enjoy fma nearly as much as naruto.

how many shoujen stories have u seen that go into deapth with each character, have many differnet style of moves, a sad past, a great beginging, great fight scenes, surprises, sneaky moves... naruto aint no average shonen (why else would it be the most popular anime over here?). again in my personal opinion before anyone decides to neg rep me just because i think that naruto is better.. actually ill just turn it off (if i dont like a series... and someone else does, i guess that ill get neg rep for it so whats point in leavin neg rep on if people give that for that reason)

just watch ep one of naruto then reply which one you liked best please... id like to know

Spoiler:
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2004-12-25 at 04:00.
Old 2004-12-25, 15:16   Link #19
FireBorn

You gave your opinion, I gave mine. That's all.

Spoiler for Full Metal Alchemist:
Old 2004-12-25, 16:05   Link #20
Wavie
Freedom

Spoiler:
My Anime List
Closed Thread