AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 20:04   Link #1881
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Bravo, professor. An absolutely critical finding for society!

[/though I think women actually argue that not using sports bras during exercises and other activities is a *pain*]
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 05:40   Link #1882
Zakoo

I know what will be my thesis subject now.

"Difference in biochemistry reactions at the level of breasts on women between 7 and 77 years old depending whether they go commando or not"

I need some subjects, anybody to volunteer? There will be a need to come in Paris and to show the up-part of the body, but do not worry, everything is for science! There's no lustful thoughts in me at all.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:05   Link #1883
kyp275
Meh

I dunno man, your number is a bit...well, broad

It's entirely way too high on the high end, and on the low end you're more likely to have the police with angry faces show up instead
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 13:34   Link #1884
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I dunno...
In all those nature people where they don't have bras (and often cloth), like native south americans living in the jungle or african tribes, all the women above ~20 have their breasts sagging towards their belly level and beyond.
>_>

The study needs some further investigstion.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 13:37   Link #1885
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I dunno...
In all those nature people where they don't have bras (and often cloth), like native south americans living in the jungle or african tribes, all the women above ~20 have their breasts sagging towards their belly level and beyond.
>_>

The study needs some further investigstion.
Hands on Investigation.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:55   Link #1886
AnimeFan188

New U.S. rocket blasts off from Virginia launch pad:

"A privately owned rocket built in partnership with NASA to haul cargo to the
International Space Station blasted off on Sunday for a debut test flight from a new
commercial spaceport in Virginia.

The 13-story Antares rocket, developed and flown by Orbital Sciences Corp, lifted off
at 5 p.m. EDT (2100 GMT) from a Virginia-owned and operated launch pad at NASA's
Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island, Virginia."

See:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...s&feedType=RSS
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 01:23   Link #1887
kyp275
Meh

good to see the Antare's maiden flight was a success, moar space rockets are always good
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:59   Link #1888
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hunt-for-ma...092707749.html

How will the colonists spend their time? Build sand castles? With all that time and nothing to do, I suppose they might contemplate starting a war with each other. Nothing beats the real life version of Call of Duty.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:12   Link #1889
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hunt-for-ma...092707749.html

How will the colonists spend their time? Build sand castles? With all that time and nothing to do, I suppose they might contemplate starting a war with each other. Nothing beats the real life version of Call of Duty.
Even if it's a one way trip, how are they going to colonize it beyond the base camp? Even that's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money and resources. Setting up anything else? I'm not sure who would be willing to go on a one way trip without a real clear plan of how to survive and flourish.

Not that I'd be surprised if there were volunteers, but the pool of people willing to do it probably isn't the best and the brightest, if you catch my meaning.
Old 2013-04-22, 12:06   Link #1890
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I don't think colonizing Mars is a good idea: its a shitty planet: Its atmosphere cannot sustain human life, half the planet becomes frozen during winter times, its soil probably doesn't grow even the toughest weed we got on planet earth.. sending someone to Mars is just a suicide mission for ego. You can emulate a colonization project on a Earth-like planet right here on Earth. I believe China has already emulated a year-long trip of isolation among a small crew.

//

What if:
You are chosen as the candidate due to your superior genetic traits, and is sent to colonize a planet with 12 attractive girls covering various spectrums: your childhood friend, a loli, an ojousama, a tsundere, etc... on a giant vessel running on a mix of solar and nuclear power, has sustainable life support with its own miniature farm.......
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 12:17   Link #1891
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One of the points of colonizing Mars had been the idea that, short of the sun dying, no single planetary incident will destroy all of humanity.

Colonies even on our own planet have rocky histories. Trial and error was common. For every Plymoth or Jamestown there was a Roanoke.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:13   Link #1892
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I don't think colonizing Mars is a good idea: its a shitty planet: Its atmosphere cannot sustain human life, half the planet becomes frozen during winter times, its soil probably doesn't grow even the toughest weed we got on planet earth.. sending someone to Mars is just a suicide mission for ego. You can emulate a colonization project on a Earth-like planet right here on Earth. I believe China has already emulated a year-long trip of isolation among a small crew.
What if there are interesting ores underground? That would make it worthwhile to mine maybe. Same thing goes for other potential places in the solar system.

Heck, maybe we'll eventually find a way to turn Venus into a liveable environment or something.

I for one hope that Humanity will one day be able to spread to other planetary bodies either in or out of the solar system. Maybe even some space colonies. Then we can build gundams!
Old 2013-04-22, 16:45   Link #1893
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I don't think any "reasonable" amount of "logical" ore can really justify such an expedition to Mars - most of which we can already find on Earth, and rare stuff in an unstable state shouldn't be able to be found "naturally" in mass quantities anyway.

Would you rather try digging somewhere on Mars or just dig deeper into the Earth even if you have to start on ocean floor?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:03   Link #1894
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd rather start to head outwards actually.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:06   Link #1895
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
New U.S. rocket blasts off from Virginia launch pad:
Y'know, I didn't even know about that launch location. Good to know.

===

Also:

Quote:
Apply Now For A One-Way Trip To Mars

Mars One has begun accepting video applications for a mission to colonize the red planet in 2023.
http://www.popsci.com/science/articl...src=SOC&dom=fb

Wanna move to Mars? Or even get away from this planet? Here's a chance.

Personally, how about an old fashioned method?
Spoiler:
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 07:42   Link #1896
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Cray Claims The Fastest Supercomputing Crown With The NVIDIA-Powered Titan

Quote:
For those following advances in supercomputing, the past 18 months have been pretty exciting. In June of 2011, Fujitsu’s “K” supercomputer claimed the “world’s fastest” crown even before it was finished.Then it was supplanted a year later by IBM‘s Sequoia supercomputer. Now a third country has taken the supercomputer crown: Cray‘s Titan at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. That’s according to the “official” record – the Top 500 list, which is updated every six months, and has been for the past 20 years.
The basic architecture of Titan is a CPU-GPU hybrid. The system contains 18,688 nodes, with each node containing an AMD 16-core Opteron and a NVIDIA Tesla K20X GPU accelerator. That’s a total of 560,640 processors. Powered with that hardware, the Titan achieved 17.59 quadrillion operations per second (Petaflop/s) on the Linpack benchmark. The Sequoia achieved 16.32 Petaflop/s and the K supercomputer hit 10.5 Petaflop/s.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknap...powered-titan/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 19:46   Link #1897
AnimeFan188

Scientists Have 3D-Printed Mini Human Livers for the First Time Ever:

"The dream of one day completely doing away with frustratingly long transplant lists
in favor of made to order, 3D-printed organs is closer to becoming a reality.
Scientists at Organovo in San Diego have, for the very first time, been able to 3D
print tiny replicas of human livers."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/5995271/scientist...irst-time-ever
Old 2013-04-24, 22:20   Link #1898
AnimeFan188

Here’s Your New and Improved Hundred Dollar Bill:

"The Federal Reserve is making it rain new hundred dollar bills on October 8, 2013.
They're more colorful, more secure, and easier to authenticate, but harder to
replicate. Here's everything that's changed."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/5995338/heres-you...ed-dollar-bill
Old 2013-04-25, 07:30   Link #1899
GDB

That is god awfully ugly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:38   Link #1900
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I believe the Constitution has a segment prohibiting the creation of ugly currency.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote