AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-02-18, 11:17   Link #5701
DKN117

Not necessarily a spoiler, considering his injuries are already known well before this chapter: I'm really hoping that once her Quirk has 'recharged', Eri can Rewind away Aizawa's lost eye & leg so he can get back to active Hero-ing...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-18, 17:28   Link #5702
GDB

I'm mostly curious how the author intends to show Japan coming back from this. Like, okay, we know the heroes will win because it's that kind of story. But they established last week that almost every business has gone bankrupt in Japan and the yen's value has tanked. You don't just "recover" from that, especially when you can't afford imports.

In fact, given the vague timeline of this arc, how is anyone staying fed? How are the jails staying operational?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-18, 19:17   Link #5703
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm mostly curious how the author intends to show Japan coming back from this. Like, okay, we know the heroes will win because it's that kind of story. But they established last week that almost every business has gone bankrupt in Japan and the yen's value has tanked. You don't just "recover" from that, especially when you can't afford imports.

In fact, given the vague timeline of this arc, how is anyone staying fed? How are the jails staying operational?
Easy. He won't show it. AFO gets defeated, everyone celebrates. Then immediately after that a ten year timeskip showing the grown up class A and Japan thriving again. The end.
Old 2022-02-18, 19:25   Link #5704
GDB

Sadly that's probably what will happen. Or maybe even just a 2-3 year timeskip but still somehow everything's fine.
Old 2022-02-20, 12:41   Link #5705
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was up with Shigaraki looking perplexed after touching the ground? Did he notice the trap and purposely say nothing?
Old 2022-02-20, 21:16   Link #5706
Wandering Soul

I've seen a few people theorize that he was trying to destroy the trap, but it wouldn't work because it's going to be revealed that Monoma also copied Aizawa's quirk.
Old 2022-02-20, 21:44   Link #5707
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I've seen a few people theorize that he was trying to destroy the trap, but it wouldn't work because it's going to be revealed that Monoma also copied Aizawa's quirk.
Yep, this is what I suspect as well. If I recall, Monoma can copy up to three at a time, and that was months ago in-story, so he can probably either copy more now or the copy lasts longer.
Old 2022-02-21, 08:06   Link #5708
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That would make sense. I think it's obvious he's copied Aizawa's quirk because it's just way too useful, but I didn't think he could use it at the same time as Kurogiri's. I don't really remember how his quirk works, but yeah, he could have leveled up like Shinsou anyway.
Old 2022-02-24, 12:10   Link #5709
marvelB

It's that time:

Spoiler for 345:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-24, 17:32   Link #5710
GDB

Spoiler:
Old 2022-02-24, 18:36   Link #5711
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And as it turns out.... the battlefield he was taken to was Toga's! Somehow, she was able to snatch him away from his respective battlefield without triggering his danger sense....!!!![/SPOILER]
Spoiler for 345:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-25, 18:07   Link #5712
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Realistically, Bakugou and Jeanist shouldn't be able to last more than ten seconds against Shigaraki. Curious to see how Bakugou's plot armor will protect him.
Old 2022-02-25, 21:07   Link #5713
marvelB

^Clearly, Horikoshi will take a page from the movies and have Deku lend OFA's power to Bakugou so he can fight Shigaraki on (at least as close as possible to) equal footing. But of course, that also means that Kacchan will job to him Vegeta-style until Deku miraculously returns to the proper battlefield and save his lover BFF from certain doom just in the nick of time! Oh, won't that moment be beautiful!
Old 2022-02-26, 11:28   Link #5714
GDB

So, I was thinking about how Touga could use Twice's power going forward. They already established that copy blood will function identically to real blood back when he did a transfusion from a copy to keep Touga alive. This means, at minimum, she can turn that one drop of blood into an infinite supply of blood. And if she has the specs to copy someone (which should either be those Twice knew if she gains his knowledge, or those she cares about if not which would mean Deku and Uravity at minimum), she could have an infinite supply of their blood as well.

If she's beyond salvation, that makes her a massive threat. But if she isn't, then Twice could wind up being her salvation since she won't have to attack others for their blood anymore, as she'd have an unlimited source from copies.
Old 2022-02-26, 19:50   Link #5715
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Realistically, Bakugou and Jeanist shouldn't be able to last more than ten seconds against Shigaraki. Curious to see how Bakugou's plot armor will protect him.
Even so, Bakugou vs. Shigaraki seems more interesting to me than Deku vs. Shiga. Simply because I don't see Bakugou trying to save the crazed serial killer.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-03, 12:40   Link #5716
marvelB

In the latest chapter:

Spoiler for 346:
Old 2022-03-03, 18:06   Link #5717
Galaxian

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-04, 18:11   Link #5718
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I underestimated the level of preparation of the heroes. I'm loving what they did here. They created the perfect "coffin" for Shigaraki thanks to the Principal and Hatsume's genius and optimized the use of everyone's quirk to make it work. Really good stuff.

If everything had gone according to plan, the odds would have been in heroes' favor.
Old 2022-03-04, 19:42   Link #5719
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 346:
Old 2022-03-10, 08:07   Link #5720
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Spoiler for :
Now, now, I think it's unfair to say that when we're still so early in the battle. The heroes' plan is solid enough.... the only hiccup is Deku's absence. But even without him, they've done well so far, so I definitely wouldn't say Star's sacrifice was in vain. Besides, she may have left one last surprise to spring on Shigaraki/AFO as the battle reaches its climax, who knows?

Anyway, with that being said, new week, new chapter:

Spoiler for 347:

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot